Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,177 members, 7,860,230 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:04 AM

Should Nigeria Be Divided? - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (29020 Views)

b / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / NNPC To Be Divided Into Five Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ezeagu(m): 11:22pm On Nov 08, 2008
:p
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 2:37am On Nov 09, 2008
If you do not correct injustice then nigeria have a decide to hand over yoruba to republic of benin, where own blood brother can treat us well.

Look at the following picture, the whole picture of Abia state from NASA picture. See the arrow pointing to NASA and the scales,  are the same,  and the three Yoruba state we want,   Ibadan , Akure and Ijebu. Please compare them to Abia state,  And notice abia have 17 local govt and is still less populated than this Yoruba areas. and still collect Federal allocation, 

Ibadan state, Ijebu state and Akure state are more populated than

1 . Abia state
2  Ebonyi state
3  Jigawa,
4  Sokoto
5  Enugu
6  Imo
7  Gombe state
8 Taraba state
9 Bayelsa

Abia state
http://xs433.xs.to/xs433/08456/abia445.jpg

Ijebu state
http://xs433.xs.to/xs433/08456/ijebu_state344.jpg

Ibadan State
http://xs433.xs.to/xs433/08456/ibadan314.jpg

Akure state
http://xs433.xs.to/xs433/08456/ikare2184.jpg
http://xs433.xs.to/xs433/08456/ikare936.jpg
http://xs433.xs.to/xs433/08456/ikare1592.jpg
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by grafikdon: 3:05am On Nov 09, 2008
Menace of the abominable Bushman. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 3:19am On Nov 09, 2008
are those the NASA pictures
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nobody: 4:19am On Nov 09, 2008
Abeg nigeria1 enuff of the sat. pixes u're doing my head in. As for the subject at hand, the people who are bent on a division are over-simplifying things by thinking that a division will solve all their problems overnight. The reality is that we are all being scammed by the ruling jerks across all the ethnic groups. They know how to invoke ethnic and religious tensions for their selfish interests; these peopel will do the same things if in their own little countries you are clamouring for unless someone here can show me incontrovertible proof that proves otherwise. As for the one naija people it just may work if we return to regional administrations and for the record i fucking hate hausas and i make no apology for that. Call me names if u want
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2008
If you claim you hate people. Why are you people afriad to break up the country for a short period of time. Is there a big deal in break up??

who is scare
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ezeagu(m): 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2008
Nigeria1//:

If you do not correct injustice then nigeria have a decide to hand over yoruba to republic of benin, where own blood brother can treat us well.

Look at the following picture, the whole picture of Abia state from NASA picture. See the arrow pointing to NASA and the scales,  are the same,  and the three Yoruba state we want,   Ibadan , Akure and Ijebu. Please compare them to Abia state,  And notice abia have 17 local govt and is still less populated than this Yoruba areas. and still collect Federal allocation, 

Ibadan state, Ijebu state and Akure state are more populated than

1 . Abia state
2  Ebonyi state
3  Jigawa,
4  Sokoto
5  Enugu
6  Imo
7  Gombe state
8 Taraba state
9 Bayelsa

Abia state
http://xs433.xs.to/xs433/08456/abia445.jpg

Ijebu state
http://xs433.xs.to/xs433/08456/ijebu_state344.jpg

Ibadan State
http://xs433.xs.to/xs433/08456/ibadan314.jpg

Akure state
http://xs433.xs.to/xs433/08456/ikare2184.jpg
http://xs433.xs.to/xs433/08456/ikare936.jpg
http://xs433.xs.to/xs433/08456/ikare1592.jpg

You've come again!
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ezeagu(m): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2008
@ Nigeria1//

Gray areas those not mean population, It means Polution! grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2008
i have ask myself, who is scared of break up?

And why are you scared of break up?

If Nigeria break up will the man in minna stop building houses , ( he never collected money from govt to build his houses)

If Nigeria break up will the invisible welfare of N100,000 each northerner collect from the federal govt stop

If Nigeria break up, will the food the man in kano city, or fuatua or in damaturu or in Jos reduce in size?

If Nigera break Up the man in kaduna reduce his number of women he married

If nigeria break up will the man in kano stop drinking water

So why are you people scared of break up of Nigeria. An average northerner would never loss anything in his daily life if Nigeria break up, and his the common man in damaturu , kano, maiduguri,lafia living a better life than the man in South Africa or Tunisia or Morroco. Nigeria are living below an average africa and many africa countries do not have oil and they have per head above nigeria. 

I say it again, let them hand the yorubas over to the republic of benin, so that the north and the East can enjoy their oil money,  God would take care of us Yorubas,  Did the children of Isreal have anything in the desert No, but God feed them. God I tell you will feed us the Yorubas, 

So are you people really scared or break up?? Why I really do not see any different and you talk about it 24 hrs like if it is a big deal?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ezeagu(m): 5:47pm On Nov 09, 2008
Nigeria1//:

i have ask myself, who is scared of break up?

And why are you scared of break up?

If Nigeria break up will the man in minna stop building houses , ( he never collected money from govt to build his houses)

If Nigeria break up will the invisible welfare of N100,000 each northerner collect from the federal govt stop

If Nigeria break up, will the food the man in kano city, or fuatua or in damaturu or in Jos reduce in size?

If Nigera break Up the man in kaduna reduce his number of women he married

If nigeria break up will the man in kano stop drinking water

So why are you people scared of break up of Nigeria. An average northerner would never loss anything in his daily life if Nigeria break up, and his the common man in damaturu , kano, maiduguri,lafia living a better life than the man in South Africa or Tunisia or Morroco. Nigeria are living below an average africa and many africa countries do not have oil and they have per head above nigeria. 

I say it again, let them hand the yorubas over to the republic of benin, so that the north and the East can enjoy their oil money,  God would take care of us Yorubas,  Did the children of Isreal have anything in the desert No, but God feed them. God I tell you will feed us the Yorubas, 

So are you people really scared or break up?? Why I really do not see any different and you talk about it 24 hrs like if it is a big deal?

I thought Yoruba people have resources as well?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2008
what will yoruba resource have to do with you, even if we have nothing, God would feed us. Did God not feed his children before in the desert. let us go, And just for you only, the north may have oil, Some desert countries have oil. I think. Borno, since chad have one. They just need to look for it. the chance of borno is high. I can help you get the coordinate if you want. if you hand over yorubas.

Japan does not have oil, germany does not have oil , most develop countries do not have oil. It is the mind set that make a nation develop. The Yorubas would develop with God and even with nothing.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ezeagu(m): 7:28pm On Nov 09, 2008
If your against Nigeria then why is your name Nigeria1? Shouldn't it be Yoruba1?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by princekevo(m): 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2008
This issue of division does not worth discussin coz it reamins impossible.Wht God has joined together no matter how men tried there would never be assunda.
Wht Nigeria need now is a division, separating the greedy politicians from Nigeria and putting them where they belong.Actually we dont need any a tribal division.Offcoz we all know where their portion is.
One Nigeria!!!!! Unity we stand,divided we fall,minus greedy politicians.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 7:38pm On Nov 09, 2008
Wht God has joined together no matter how men tried there would never be assunda.

Where did God join you together?? when ?? please prove.

Look Why do you think God put the River Niger and River Benue to divided you then?? please I need an answer.
Or do you know any other country God did that to.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 10:14pm On Nov 09, 2008
Ezeogu loook at this list and picture, it should remind you what Nigeria future would be if you continue with Injustice,
Of the 10 people involve in vasta coup here is a list and state of origin of people from southern niger benue of nigeria.

While the second list are people involve in orkar coup. You can see it is a long list. Was is possible that they were all initially part of the coup. My answer is NO. they join on the day of the coup to make sure they cut off the people of the Northern Niger Benue out of Nigeria,  So the list and you would find Ijaw, yoruba, Igbo, tiv, idoma, Itsekiri etc in the list.

This should tell you the story of what your future would be like if you do not review the constitution. Look I would not be doing this, If I no like Turai. now my fine Turai I pity, If the military take over or attempt coup. I know they would make her and Jonathan wife widows. That why I have been calling for the review of the contitution to correct the Justices. And it is not because I hate Yar Adua. Yar Adua never created the problem. The problem was there before he came to power.

If you take notice of this . All the people involve in the orkar coup claim they were proud of what they did.   If you want to really know the truth southerner worship this youngmen. They say THOSE WHO MAKE PEACEFUL CHANGE IMPOSSIBLE WOULD MAKE VIOLENT CHANGE INEVITABLE.  You have to avoid a bloodly military coup for my own sister  Turai sake . 

Lt-Col Christian Oche      Benue

Lt-Col Mike Iyorshe        Benue

Major Daniel Bamidele     Ondo
Wing Commander Ben Ekele      Benue
Navy Commander Achukwu Andrew Ogwiji       Benue
Squadron Leader Martin Luther        Lagos
Squadron Leader Asen Ahura      Benue

Major Gideon Gwaza Orkar                             Tiv
Captain N Harley Empere                             Ijaw
Captain Perebo A Dakolo                            Ijaw
Capt AA Nonju
Lt. AE Akogun                                       Yoruba
Lt. CN Odey
Lt. Cyril O Ozualor
Lt. NEO Deji                                      Yoruba
2/Lt AB Umukoro                                    Uhrobo
2/Lt EJ Ejesuku
SSgt Julius Itua
Sgt Martins Ademokhai                               Benin
Sgt. Pius Ilegar
WO2 Monday Bayefa                                      Ijaw
L/Cpl Francis Ogo                                         Igbo
L/Cpl Jepta Inesei                                     
Cpl. Sunday Effiong                                     Efik   
L/Cpl Sam Mbakwe                                         Igbo
L/Cpl Albert Ojerangbe               
 L/Cpl  Mike Odeniyi                                                  Yoruba
L/Cpl  Kingsley Aromeh
Sgt. Lawrence Ademola                                                   Yoruba
Signal Man Fatai Daranijo                                               Yoruba 
L/Cpl Godfrey Deesiiyira                                  Ijaw
L/Cpl Emma Oyemolan
Sgt. Stephen Iyeke
Cpl. Joseph Efe                                             Ishan
WO Afolabi Moses
L/Cpl Idowu Azeez                                          Yoruba 
WO Jonathan Ekini
S/Sgt Solomon Okungbowa                               Yoruba
Private Richard Iseghoei                                    Edo
Private Egwolo Makpamekun                            Ijaw
L/Cpl Edogamen Friday
S/Sgt Jolly Agbodowi                                     edo
Sgt. Etim Umoh                                                    Akwa Ibom
L/Cpl Sam Obasuyi                                           benin
Ex. Serviceman LC Otajareiri                                   Itsekiri
Ex. Pvt Osazuwa Osifo                                              Benin 
Ex. Pvt CP Wasiu Lawal                                                Yoruba   
Ex. Pvt Peter Unuyoma
Ex. Pvt Synalman Goodluck Emefe
Ex. S/Sgt Samson Idegere
Pvt. Emmanuel Onoje                                              Tiv
Trooper Roland Odogu
Corporal Lateef Awolola                                     Yoruba   
Pvt. Dickson Omenka
Corp Ehietan Pius                       
Private Iroabuchi Anyalewechi
Private Henry Eguaoyi
L/Cpl Martins Odey
L/Cpl Sunday Asuquo                                               Igbo
Trooper Celestine Ofuoku
Pvt. Anthony Korie
Pvt Thomas Angor
Pvt Edem Basi                                                     Efik
Pvt Joseph Odey
Trooper Obioma Esiworo                                      Igbo
L/C Magnus Ekechi                                               Igbo
WO2 Godwin Donkon                                         Idoma
Sgt. Ojo Adegboyega                                             yoruba
Pvt Peter Abua
Pvt. Phillip Akamkpo                                    Akwa Ibom
Sgt. Shehu Onleje                                                 Igalla     
Corp Olanrewaju Ogunshola                                   Yoruba
L/Cpl Luka Yang                                                adamawa
Trooper Malkily Ayogu                                   
L/Cpl Andrew Onah                                         Idoma
Michael Ebeku
L/Cpl Ezekiel Akudu                                         Tiv
Pvt Ibrahim Egwa                                                 Idoma 
Sgt. John Alilu                                                   Igalla       
Sgt. Andarich Eladon                                                 Ijaw
L/Cpl David Amo Amo                                         Yoruba
L/Cpl Vitalis Udzea
L/Cpl  Celestine Nebo
L/Cpl  Wapami Adigio
Pvt. Godwin Airomokha                                                     benin
Sgt. John Benson 
L/Cpl  Vincent Ozigbo                                                      Igbo
L/Cpl  David Oke                                                              Yoruba
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:10pm On Nov 09, 2008
You can not cause a revolution sitting in front of your monitor grin grin, so continue typing your jargon babble
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by skfa1: 11:13pm On Nov 09, 2008
Niger+Area = Nigeria

Agree or not?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 11:16pm On Nov 09, 2008
revolution ke. I am telling you people what i see in your future if you do not listen? Just call me your prophet,  Or you think I am like your 419 prophet who tell you lie just because they want to collect your money. So how much have you paid me i am trying to prevent bloodly coup. i like turai too much.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 2:57am On Nov 10, 2008
Fundamental Issues In Constitutional Changes
By Babatunde O. Bolasodun

AT Nigeria's Independence on October 1, 1960, each Region carried on according to its capability, very judicious in spending its revenue and came up with programmes, which benefited the masses. For example, extensive agricultural support services for farmers, free primary education, establishment of vast plantations for cash-crops, rural electrification, setting up of commodity boards, etc.

The future was bright, and the people had high hopes because of the realistic goals set by our selfless and trustworthy leaders. This triggered off healthy rivalry among the Regions - the North, East and West. The period between the mid-1950s and the first military coup in January 1966 was the finest.

Gradually along the line, our administrative, educational, healthcare, security and judicial systems deteriorated. Of course, the legislative arm of government was instantly buried with the appearance of the military on the stage! Our infrastructure (roads, power supply, water supply, railways, and telecommunications) suffered the same fate.

Libya, with a population around 5.0 million, has six refineries and exports petrol and other refined petroleum products. Nigeria, with a population of 140 million, has two old, poorly maintained refineries, the last built about 30 years ago and importing expensive petrol, kerosene, etc., for her citizens. South Africa, with 50 million people, generates 40,000 Megawatts of electricity while Nigeria generates about 3,000 Megawatt!

Mineral Resources and Control

Nigeria is richly blessed with abundant solid and non-solid minerals scattered all over our land. Each area has its own natural resources, which, if well tapped and managed, could sustain its inhabitants. But the petroleum oil blinded our new leaders to this obvious fact. The easy money, which came in with the oil, fooled them to abandon the more enduring sources of wealth for our people. They gave up the encouragement of agriculture, which was the main backbone of our economy and the major provider of employment for our teaming masses in the rural areas.

The petroleum oil is the root of our major problems today. It brings in about 90 percent of our nation's foreign exchange. It is only just and fair we take good care of the goose that lays the golden egg. The Federal Government should ensure that the operating oil companies do not pollute the environment in which they operate. The land, creeks and rivers must be left naturally intact for the environment to continue to sustain the lives of the inhabitants whose main means of livelihood are fishing and farming.

We all know the solution to the Niger Delta crisis, but we pretend not to know. We prefer to ignore it. Ignoring a problem does not solve it. It simply compounds it as years roll by. This brings us to where we are presently:

Frequent disruptions of oil operations.

Taking of oil workers (mainly foreigners) for hostages.

Increase in oil-spillage from pipeline vandalisation resulting in more pollution of the environment.

Running aground of the local economy.

Destruction of oil installations and local habitations resulting in the loss of human lives, peace, revenues and foreign investment in the area and the country in general.

At Independence in October 1960, 50 percent derivation formula was operational. Of course, our founding fathers must have seen the wisdom, justice and fairness in that. Let the Federal Government give 50 percent of the revenue coming in from the oil export straight to the areas producing it and all these problems in the Niger Delta will come to an end. Peace will return in this country, oil and gas will flow uninterrupted because of their direct stake in what is coming in. The people in the area will watch over the pipelines 24 hours a day. They will even protect the oil workers in their area to make sure what will accrue to them from oil and gas revenues does not fall. No other agency - federal or state - can provide a more reliable and efficient surveillance in those areas than the inhabitants of the areas.
The Nigeria LNG Ltd has done excellently well by ensuring that in its pipeline communities, all land-owning families get payments of legal fees for right of way. They were even awarded long-term contracts for surveillance and maintenance of the right of way. Of course, the local inhabitants would not like to be deprived of the income that would come to them from their patrimony.

The Federal Government should give proper guidelines on operations and install efficient monitory/supervisory systems on the oil company activities, ensure quick response to oil spillage and stop gas flaring.

The government and NNPC top officials in the oil industry must be seen to protect the interests of the nation at all times. Here, we have a lot to learn from Libya. The oil companies should be made alive to their corporate social responsibility in their areas of operations. The government should make sure that the money due to the producing areas get to the people in the areas. It is left for the people to monitor and hold their leaders accountable for their money and the development of their areas. The amount being paid to the oil producing areas must be published regularly for general information. Relative peace will return to the area and foreigners coming into the country for investment will be encouraged.

Realities in State Finances

Of course, there will be some definite changes in the finances of some States. It is high time everyone lived within their means. Before the advent of oil in this country, we all lived comfortably and peacefully. Let us go back to the basics.

Employers pay their employees according to their abilities to pay. State and local council governments, private companies and individuals are not all equally endowed. Are all local and state governments equally solvent? Doesn't it make sense for a state that cannot survive without Federal Government monthly allocation to pay its public office holders the same salaries/remuneration as the ones that can survive on their internally generated revenues and investments?

The same with the local council governments! Why can't each state determine how much it can afford to pay the people serving it, even at local level? Why should one federal body like the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) dictate what remuneration should be paid to councilors, State and National Assembly legislators in the country? This is one of the problems created by the "command structure" the military built into our Constitution. There is an urgent need for this to be rectified.

The problem being created by this directive from RMAFC on salaries/remuneration is now rearing its ugly head. It was in the news recently that Imo State had to go for a loan of N2.6 billion from a bank to pay some of its past public officers, viz, chairmen, vice chairmen and councilors who served from 1999 to 2002 and those who were elected and served from 2004 to 2007. This was made possible by a tripartite arrangement between the persons owed, the government and the consultant, coming up with an agreement of 60 percent paid to officials owed, while the remaining 40 percent was for the bank's services and charges. No one was paid less than N2 million.

Why should an organisation, a non-profit making one for that matter, pay its workers salaries and remuneration, which it cannot conveniently afford?

With the above scenario, it becomes increasingly imperative for us to have a mandatory minimum percentage of the total revenues/incomes of a government, state or local, set aside (say 40 percent) for the provision and maintenance of social infrastructure like roads, educational and healthcare systems. Some percentage (say 40 percent) for capital projects and the remaining 20 percent for overheads, e.g. stationery, electricity bills, vehicles maintenance, salaries, wages, remuneration, etc.

Else, the masses will not enjoy any basic social amenity from a government that is buy spending a huge portion of its income (even going into debts!) to pay salaries and remuneration of its political office holders. That spells doom for us.

While explaining some points to the journalists on the allegation of impropriety leveled against him recently, Governor Suswam of Benue State mentioned a particular month his state would get N1.9 billion and the salary wage bill was N1.16 billion, i.e. almost 60 percent of the income for salaries alone!

Each state should check its purse and decides on what it can reasonably afford to pay the people serving it. This will help to weed out those who seek political offices for selfish interests and encourage those with the spirit of selfless service to the communities to come up. The days of the "do or die" politicians will come to an end.

The Federal Government, too, may have to adjust its responsibilities and spending. With 50 percent of the oil revenue gone to the oil-producing areas, the government has to modify its ways to carry on its mandatory functions in the areas of national security, defence, foreign affairs and national economy, etc.

A lot of political will is needed for all concerned to sit down and discuss frankly on how to improve on our present state. Reviewing the Federal Government functions and activities with the main objective of rendering improved services to the people is over due. For example, the states can carry out some aspects of (community) policing and the repair/maintenance of federal roads.

Of what use was a policeman on a Lagos highway to a motorist finding his way in a locality if he could not be of help? In fairness of this policeman, he apologised for his ignorance in this case and confessed he was recently transferred here from one of the Northern States.

The Federal Government should construct its roads, but the state governments can help quickly to repair/maintain the roads according to guidelines and standards and the Federal Government will reimburse the States for the repairs. But meanwhile, the people can enjoy their rides on them. This will prevent the types of situations on the Shagamu-Ore-Benin Expressway and in other parts of the federation. It is shameful to have federal roads degenerated to such levels.

Other areas where state and local governments can come in to help achieve improved service-delivery to our people are agriculture and education (primary and secondary). The Federal Government should busy itself with setting up of agencies for effective monitory and enforcing good standards in all tertiary educational institutions in the country. It must encourage research institutes with good funding, particularly in agriculture and medicine for the benefits of the nation.

Time for Action

If Federal Government finds it impracticable to give up 50 percent of the oil revenue to the producing areas at once, it can come up with a gradual programme to achieve this - say 30 percent in 2010 (since the 2009 budget is already in the making), 40 percent in 2012 and finally to 50 percent from 2014 upwards.

Necessary steps must be seen taken to go through a genuine legal/constitutional negotiation process to achieve this end within a reasonably timeframe. This will be a stimulus package that will go a long way to re-assure the Niger Delta people of our sincerity to resolve this crisis once and for all. Peace will return to the region.

The Federal Government should concentrate its energy mainly on creating an enabling environment that will encourage every State, every local council, to make the best use of whatever is available to it and everyone to overcome the very best that lies within him/her. Our huge population, our diversity in cultures and traditions are sources of immense strength for our nation if we make concrete efforts to harness them to take us to greater heights.

God Help Us!

Dr. Babatunde O. Bolasodun, a retired executive medical officer of a multinational company, lives in Lagos.

Tools
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by okunoba(m): 7:59am On Nov 10, 2008
if dividing Nigeria will provide better roads, constant electricity, good and affordable medical services,  security, better standard of living; stop religious and ethnic fighting, corruption, nepotism, politically motivated killings and provide good affordable education for all it`s citizen`s, then I am all for it. But I would like to know how dividing Nigeria would put a stop to all these problems facing Nigeria and indeed the whole of Black Africa as a whole. From Somalia where they speak the same language and have the same culture and religion to Congo with so many different ethnic groups the problems are the same, poverty and and under development. The problem of our society is our mind set not ethnicity. Every Nigerian leaders as failed us. The leaders come from within us, from our community, they are one of us. We enjoy blaming each other instead of looking within ourselves. What have we as  individual done to make our community a better place. From the Ibo and Yoruba's that claim to be the smartest and know all, what have we done to make our land better for our people. What as the Ibo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Nupe, etc  governors done to develop their state? Nothing, besides stealing for themselves while their fellow Yoruba's`s and Ibo brothers live in poverty. We southerners especially Ibo's and Yoruba`s enjoy blaming the Hausa's for all the ills of Nigeria but what have our governors done that is any better? Yes the Hausa's have been in power for most of the time but of what benefit as it been to the average Northerner, the same can be said of the southern governors. We want to fight and kill so an Ibo, Yoruba, shekire, etc can be the president but how would that develop our country other than the person enriching himself and maybe building a modern road to his village that as few inhabitants. We need to look within ourselves and see that we are the problem, our greedy and desperate need to  acquire wealth by any means necessary. By blaming others and asking for separation is only running away from the real issue, it will not solve anything it will only make it worse. Could u imagine the number of Northerners and Southerners especially Ibo`s that will have to leave everything they have worked for all their lives behind to move back home due to the break up. The partition of India is a good example. Those calling for separation are short sited selfish people, they only think of themselves just like our leaders. They forget the many lives and properties that will be destroyed. The Biafran war is Good example, thousands of Ibo`s were killed  in the North, instead of finding a way to protect them, our leaders decided to secede and go to war at the cost of millions of lives.  Let reason rule not emotions. Obama`s victory  should  inspire us towards working for a common goal. The upliftment of the human race regardless of ethnicity, religion or creed.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2008
Could u imagine the number of Northerners and Southerners especially Ibo`s that will have to leave everything they have worked for all their lives behind to move back home due to the break up.

My friend they do not have to move anywhere. they can still stay and live where they are. Million of nigeria live abroad, that not a good excuse.  If you said the north have rule, and they have drag us to the mud. You see it is not who is the president that is the problem, but the fact that may be we are not suppose to be together.

No nation can develop honestly in injustice. you would agree Nigeria would never develop but break up would help development.  Then the igbos , hausa or yorubas would be able to develop themself and have no excuse of one president or law been a barrier to their success.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ezeagu(m): 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

You can not cause a revolution sitting in front of your monitor grin grin, so continue typing your jargon babble

Thank you grin
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2008
Revolution ke. nonsense. I do not believe in it. revolution can not work in nigeria. Over the internet abi. If senator Ike ,david mark and bankole can be bold like this men to help the next generation.

look at the face of this men above. They try to divide Nigeria. They were from every ethnics group in the Southern Niger benue of Nigeria. Apart from this liberation attempt do you know of another event where the southern Niger benue were united. No. It tell you the desire to break up nigeria is a desire that can not be remove or prayed away. From generation to generation our people would try and would success someday to break up Nigeria.

What do you think over 100 men from every ethnics group in the southern  niger benue would unite to put their lifes at sake for the liberation of the Southern Niger benue. What

It tell you a story on the wall,  On the night of the liberation operation, they all pray and sing to God together for more than one hour and That liberation operation was Called " GOD IS IN CONTROL"    Some of this men had PHD,master and first degree.

Look for nearly 24 hours the war was on, fire for fire,  They never gave up on the hope or fight for freedom for their people. What does that tell you about Nigeria??  It tell you what is wrong is more than revolution,
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by asha80(m): 7:05pm On Nov 10, 2008
I want to ask this question because i am not too grounded on what happened during Orkar's coup.Is it true that when Orkar thought he succeded in the coup that he said that he is cutting off the core north from nigeria?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by okunoba(m): 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2008
Nigeria 1,
u have not answered my Q`S on how the break up will bring prosperity when state governors who are from the region they rule are not doing anything good for their people other than steal public money. What makes u think they will change when they become president. What justice will come from dividing Nigeria? tell me. Do u read about World history? I f u do u will not doubt the fact that people will be forced to move back to their country of origin. When India was divide this happened. When Algeria got it`s Independence the french had to move out of Algeria, the list goes on and on. what does living abroad got to do with this issue?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 7:41pm On Nov 10, 2008
nigeria1hmm thinkin?

can u think as well?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2008
u have not answered my Q`S on how the break up will bring prosperity when state governors who are from the region they rule are not doing anything good for their people other than steal public money.

Have you ask the question, why do state governor steal. The answer is because they are thief, is that correct?? Yes it is,     And you ask the next question,  Why do you have a thief in power?   The answer is because the election in Nigeria is falsified. Is that correct,    then your next question is why do you have a falsified election the answer is a falsified census figure which the north have put in place,

So how to do solve the problem. If you remove the north. there would not be falsified census and election and not thief in power.  is that correct. Yes,

And asha 80, yes they remove the north from Nigeria. Because like what IBB was doing those days, he was telling lies about correcting injustice and shifting the election. Next month you would have election. Which is also the same thing you find the national assembly doing about constitution review, it is now 12 month they claim next month.  tribune newspaper claim the delay is linked to the presidency. Same story with IBB at that time. Same game the north was playing at that time , is the same game they are playing with the constitution review. But they shock IBB and If Umaru does not take time. My brother they would shock him big time.

What will I do if I am president of Nigeria. I would call for a Immediate review of the constitution now and make sure it start now. And correct the injustice. this way you move the nation forward. It is either you correct it now or faces future problem. At least it is your brother in power.

Orkar group waited and waited just like everybody is waiting as Presidency is blocking any real constitution review. But when IBB woke up one day. He was half dead.  IBB was lucky the capital was in Lagos.   Umaru Yar Adua would not be lucky because the capital is now in Abuja.

What they the liberation army of the southern niger benue would do is not to go to abuja. They would Just cut it from Niger benue river and that is the end of the story for Umaru Yar Adua govt. I think he should be smart and try to bring Nigerian together, Than be the one they claim is blocking the constitution review.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/10112008/news/news1.html
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 8:51pm On Nov 10, 2008
Another option Umaru Yar Adua govt have is to cut off the west out of nigeria and they can still have the oil. We agree to that. This way we can join the republic of benin and they can still have the oil, look at the map my brother. We dont mind to be in the republic of benin.

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2008
So you want to annex Edo, Delta, and half of Beyalsa grin No to mention half of NIGER and Half of Kogi. Nigeria will never break away.
Internet speculators are funny grin grin
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2008
No,  I do not,   You can keep bayelsa,  you still have 2.2 million barrel of oil per day,  Which is enough to develop the north and igboland.

According to the ministry of finance of nigeria, delta and ondo state only produce about 18% of oil in Nigeria. So since you people produce 82% of the oil. You keep it. Since the ministry of finance claim your own portion of Nigeria produce 82% of the oil.   

I even forget that you people even claim no oil in ondo state,  So delta state oil produce 13% of the oil,  So you people would have 87% of the oil in nigeria. Ok. Still take it. And just let us join republic of Benin.

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/downloads/FAAC/sa_August_2008.pdf

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:33pm On Nov 10, 2008
Man your hard drive must be filled with all these images that you keep displaying grin grin
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria4: 11:21pm On Nov 10, 2008
my hard drive is full prove of fraud in nigeria, Let me now educate you. Some part of Bayelsa of today were part of the western region before,

The areas  at that time were

Iduwini Native Authority,

Oporoza (Kabo & Kumbo) Native Authority,

Mein Native Authority,
Oporoma Native Authority

All this area are now in today bayelsa state , do a search.  It was during rivers state creation, that they join river state. They were under WARRI  PROVINCE.

Just say, we do not produce anything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17)

Blood Will Flow If Elrufai Demolishes Gbagyi Villa- Kaduna Youth Groupwarns / PDP Members Drag Adeleke To Court For Presenting Fake Certificate For Election / Jare Adebisi Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.