Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,063 members, 7,835,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Should Nigeria Be Divided? - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (28886 Views)

b / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / NNPC To Be Divided Into Five Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by NegroNtns(m): 7:09pm On Dec 01, 2008
Kai Muza, bansan kai ko Bahaushe bane ko wane yare ne, amma nasa yawanci Muza sunan Muzammil ne ake shortening dinsa,  In any way, ya kamata kayi karatun ta Natsu, ka tambayi kanka, wai Allah ne ya hada Najeriya ko turawan Ingila? Sun hada Najeriya ne saboda su samu saukin fitar da kayan gona daga Arewa ta Kudanci, saboda haka ba dan Allah suka hada kasar ba, ai daman can ba'a hade muke ba, amma saboda Man fetur 'yan Arewa suka mayancewa Kudu.

Auwal,  This is the blueprint of the English gnerally in all their colonial conquests in Africa, Asi, Middle East and even in America.  Their calculation paid off as you correctly observed. The groundnuts pyramids are gone, the millet farms are gone, the cocoa farmer is a victim, palm oil, gum arabic, . . name it, all squandered.  In particular cocoa - because it is a staple of their menu whether as beverage or confectionaries and sweets; marketed at very profitable margin.  Why should Nigeria be importing cooking oil. . .why?  They were selfish, greedy and inhumane in their treatment of indigenous people for the protection of their motherland and their royal throne.   The North imposing on the South because of oil revenue is as callous and cold as the English amalgamating non-integral tribal groups into a self-living and self-stirring cauldron of hate and chaos.

Thanks for your obsevation.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by smurf(f): 11:19pm On Dec 01, 2008
Into what? shocked
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria6: 11:31pm On Dec 01, 2008
Gasikiya ni, you see some people here say they went to makarrata , walahi, you know they never went to any makarrata or they are not using it walahi. You see if  you go  market and you are hold naira goma  what can you buy. how long would people continue,  some years ago naira goma was alot of money, now,  you can't buy anything with it.

You see some of this people have not lived in nigeria before, if they have they do not understand the politics of nigeria. Let me educate some of them. You see if you look at the satellite pictures. It shows that the nigeria living in the western niger of Nigeria, that is the yorubas, edo,delta and kogi is nearly about 42 to 44 % of nigeria.  

Now if you want to practical true democratic government. it is going to be very difficult to elect a northerner under a true democratic system,     If we do not practices democratic government we would go to war, if we practics and the north can not get elected. they would start a war,  So that why, i say to make a peaceful agreement now.

So that in future we do not have problem. Look in other africa countries with less than 20 million people  and less 30 group. you can see how violent it as been. Now imagine allowing an africa countries to have 240 different group . from liberia, to congo, to rwanda , somali, sudan etc

It would be wicked by the united nation to continue to keep nigeria one, and would be wicked and heart to say we should practics democratic system while the north in future would not have the population to be elected into the position of president. That why i am calling for the break up of nigeria. To save more than 40 million that would be killed , if we fail to divide nigeria.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria6: 11:37pm On Dec 01, 2008
smurf, i say remove yoruba and bendle and hand it over to benin republic. you create less problem,  You also at the same time reunite the yorubas, egun and borgu people with their brothers. Note that even the president of benin republic is from borgu. my map is based on the constant visit of the 5 igbo governors to Aso rock in the last 4 month. nearly 4 times already, so it shows the igbos would work very well with northerner.

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria6: 12:15am On Dec 02, 2008
And this way the north have access to the sea at the same time to the 83% of the oil,    if you do not quickly do it, there is no way a northerner  or even Yar Adua can never win election in nigeria again,   

or this option,  but with the contant visit of the 5 igbo governor, it look the igbos are more comfortable with the north, , before this i assume this may be a better option,   see map,  as long as you remove the yoruba and bendle , i think either one of them is less trouble.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/110126_map_JPG322ab8fec9b0b8176acc2a9869a36ad4
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria6: 1:19am On Dec 02, 2008
On the blackwater deal. I know the Yorubas would be able to pay blackwater $1 billion , if Blackwater can remove us from Nigeria.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by UzochiMan: 5:46am On Dec 03, 2008
Wetin sef?? Sharrup boy! angry
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Eziachi: 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2008
Those that invoke the fear of war as the outcome of Nigeria separation never tell us what the war will be about, who will be fighting who and what for? You don't start a war because someone told you to exercise you freedom self existence. Why would you fight a war because your marriage partner for nearly 50 years want you to stay away and live her on her own? Those who had lost the argument of one Nigeria will always use scare tactics of spreading rumours of war as if Nigeria now is a peaceful haven.

The amont of people that die in Nigeria on a daily basis is not different from most war theatres, if not bigger, so why is the use of war to scare people? Tell me what you will miss most if Nigeria ceast to exist as one single entity?  Many one Nigerianas will live and die from where they were born without ever any interest in any other part of one Nigeria but will be the first to jump in to cue of protectorate. Why protect what you never ever give a damn about in the first person. They will be the first to call their fellow one Nigeria bridgage visitors, foreigner or non indegines, so what is the basis of one Nigeria?
Most Yorubas on this forum and beyond had start to understand the wisdom of separation of Nigeria for those that want to go, but still majority of them still live in the warped time of don't think, don't do anything, some how, a miracle will happen and Nigeria will become the new United States.

I had asked this question time and time and again without any answer but rather an abuse from most Yoruba sons, on why they are hail bent on keeping Nigeria one, if they are not the beneficiaries of the bended republic called Nigeria. If they love Nigeria so much, why don't they advocate that those that want to leave should do so, while they continue the marriage with the rest of their moslem brothers. But no, they don't want to live alone and they will do all they can to make sure that others don't exercise their right and choice of independence.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by NegroNtns(m): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2008
On the blackwater deal. I know the[b] Yorubas would be able to pay blackwater $1 billion , if Blackwater can remove us from Nigeria[/b]

Did you review your opinion before you posted? Why do yo want a foreigner to come and solve your grievance for you? If you have a grievance with Nigeria you solve it your own self, through discussion or through confrontation, whatever works for you.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by debosky(m): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2008
@ oyb

There is no doubt that more than one tribe or group has contributed to the mess we are in.

The pertinent question is this - Can we or will we ever be able to rectify the mess in our current state?

You talk of Yugoslavia - yes they had periods of turmoil, but now, Slovenia is a member of the EU, Croatia is moving closer and is getting more prosperous. Slovenia is joining a larger union, but on IT'S OWN TERMS.

Granted that China is heterogeneous yet succeeding, that is not enough reason to claim or think Nigeria will do so as well.

I concur with negro - the country should be split, but on a non-violent basis.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2008
@debosky,

even if nigeria were one tribe - i doubt we'd have peace - somailia , if i remeber is a single tribe- with clans clashing for ascendancy

are you sure the 'turmoil' ( i think genocide is a better word) is a fair enough trade for what would pass as autonomy?

oddly enough, the ibos who constatntly call for a split of nigeria are the most dispersed tribe. with all the noise about zamfara, i have seen ibos doing brisk buisness there. i was on tour(work) up north for 2 weeks. i had to buy electrical spare parts at several locations, and everywhere i went, it was ibos doing the selling. so for me most of this noise about pulling out of nigeria is just that - noise - i cant see them leaving their markets behind.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by asha80(m): 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2008
@oyb

there are a lot of igbo people doing biz in cotonou benin republic.Why don't they come back to naija since Benin is not there country.Your argument holds no water.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by doyin13(m): 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2008
Fact is people. . . . .those of us who want separation will not get it unless by force.

The Northerners and those profiting from the current arrangement will never agree to a peaceful separation.

So enough yapping already and hit that military camp.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17)

See The Colourful Suit Timipre Sylva Rocked In Abuja Today. Photo / 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista / ‘we’ll Occupy Kogi If Faleke Is Not Declared Governor-elect By Jan 10’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.