Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Should Nigeria Be Divided? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (28891 Views)

b / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / NNPC To Be Divided Into Five Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Planner(m): 10:50am On Sep 16, 2008
Why is it that some Ibo like claiming Jewish origin, Some even speculated that they are the lost tribe of Israel. I once watched a video where a group of Ibos dressed like Jews with a rabbi observing the Jewish passover, incredible!

There is no historical nor genetic connection between Ibos and Jews. Moreover, the Israeli government has never taken them seriously. Why are some Ibo people determine to scam their way into Israel and pollute the Holy-Land; God forbid , tufiakwa.

Bilymuse,

We igbos are used to your kind. the kind that Mpele described. USelss, loud mouthed, hateful, vengeful, dedicating their lives to igbo destruction, lazy, empty-headed, opinionated and above all murderers of truth. Whether you belive it or not the igbo people are matching forward forcefully. You just rant like an ant. Perhaps we may not be genetically related to the Jews but we share so much in common - Industry, thrift, unique ability to survive in hostile environment, geographical spread, business acumen and skin color.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by tpia: 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2008
Planner:

Bilymuse,

We igbos are used to your kind. the kind that Mpele described. USelss, loud mouthed, hateful, vengeful, dedicating their lives to igbo destruction, lazy, empty-headed, opinionated and above all murderers of truth. Whether you believe it or not the igbo people are matching forward forcefully. You just rant like an ant. Perhaps we may not be genetically related to the Jews but we share so much in common - Industry, thrift, unique ability to survive in hostile environment, geographical spread, business acumen and skin color.

which skin color is that?

I tire for some people, honestly.

I think some of the things folks come up with in their brains and parrot everywhere, is the effect of illiteracy combined with ignorance and fed by lying mercenaries who take your money and feed you what you want to hear.

Nothing you are saying here which is also not found in any other tribe, group or race anywhere in the world.

Indians and Chinese are the ones who should even be boasting, not you.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by tpia: 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2008
Planner:

you've started, abi?.

Tpia, you called paranoid, i will take as compliment. read
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=122513

So you arent aware Owo has a very large number of people from other parts of Nigeria who live and do business there? I checked with a friend who confirmed this emphatically. Go and ask about the non-Yoruba population of Owo.

Owo also has ties to Benin, from antiquity, as anyone can see from the location and also from the ancient Owo/Benin art on display at many museums abroad.

Please do your homework properly before rushing to unfounded allegations. And yes, you are very paranoid. If you consider your state of mind as being normal then that in itself is a scary thought., and I hope people are safe around you.

No, paranoid is not a compliment. Its a condition that needs urgent and strict management, because it will turn to a more serious incurable problem eventually.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ssRhino: 2:52pm On Sep 16, 2008
tpia:

So you arent aware Owo has a very large number of people from other parts of Nigeria who live and do business there? I checked with a friend who confirmed this emphatically. Go and ask about the non-Yoruba population of Owo.

Owo also has ties to Benin, from antiquity, as anyone can see from the location and also from the ancient Owo/Benin art on display at many museums abroad.

Please do your homework properly before rushing to unfounded allegations. And yes, you are very paranoid. If you consider your state of mind as being normal then that in itself is a scary thought., and I hope people are safe around you.

No, paranoid is not a compliment. Its a condition that needs urgent and strict management, because it will turn to a more serious incurable problem eventually.
Thank you for all the information, so sad that when pple are making fact as the one you have made, you will be labelled as owo touts, sad, isnt?
I think instead of worrying abt what tribe is kidnapping what tribe, i think it is better to look for way out of this and find a lasting solution and stop all the finger pointing.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2008
Do you know how ebulient a tribe can be for a war that Gowon wrote off in the beginning as "We would overrun them in 30 days" to last 3 years?

by 1968, biafra was shrunk to one-tenth of it's size, he war was effectively won by them. ojukwu's pride led to the unnecessary starvation of biafra. extending the war to the extent of using child soldiers was idiotic.

Perhaps we may not be genetically related to the Jews but we share so much in common - Industry, thrift, unique ability to survive in hostile environment, geographical spread, business acumen and skin color.

skin color, lmao
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by tpia: 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2008
$$Rhino:

Thank you for all the information, so sad that when people are making fact as the one you have made, you will be labelled as owo touts, sad, isnt?
I think instead of worrying about what tribe is kidnapping what tribe, i think it is better to look for way out of this and find a lasting solution and stop all the finger pointing.

kindly direct your complaints at Planner, who brought up the kidnapping issue here.

And try to stop reading posts out of context in your haste to point fingers at others ignoring the ones that are pointed back at yourself.

Unless you are Planner o. undecided
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ssRhino: 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2008
It makes me laff when the pple that are asking for war and the liberation of Biafra, they actually think they have all it takes to fight a war and these are same pple that will be scared at the shot of a bullet.
Pple tends to forget that war is no respecter of anyone, and that the pple they care most will be the first to die, cos most are defenceless, and pls always remember that when there is a way, the first to die are always mothers and father and the children, cos they cant fight neither cld they run, so guys, be sure of what you ask for, there are more to lose rather than to gain, but if all uses such energy to rid Nigeria of the leaders that has plagued her, we will surely win.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Planner(m): 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2008

Tpia or Tipia Your reply above is poor attempt in been logical. I sent you a link on the specific kidnappig of igbos in Owo and you posted an answer that does not in anyway address the question. I wu Ewu? Why can't you Yorubas for once accept that the biggest terrorists are not even from the Niger-delta regionbut fro yorubaland. Why do you kidnapp non-indigenes? I guess you people are the decendeants of arch-tribalist, Obafemi Awolow. Call me paranoid or para-normal i don't care. That is what Chief Ikemba Nnewi was called and today he is vindicated. WE are living in useless country called Nigeria.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ssRhino: 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2008
Planner:

Tpia or Tipia Your reply above is poor attempt in been logical. I sent you a link on the specific kidnappig of igbos in Owo and you posted an answer that does not in anyway address the question. I wu Ewu? Why can't you Yorubas for once accept that the biggest terrorists are not even from the Niger-delta regionbut fro yorubaland. Why do you kidnapp non-indigenes? I guess you people are the decendeants of arch-tribalist, Obafemi Awolow. Call me paranoid or para-normal i don't care. That is what Chief Ikemba Nnewi was called and today he is vindicated. WE are living in useless country called Nigeria.

I can see yu have concluded that Nigeria is plagued with Yorubas and that theya re the source of problems.
Good for u
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by tpia: 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2008
Planner:

so you already know you're paranoid and paranormal.

I didnt even need to remind you.

abeg carry go.

car wey no get brake.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Planner(m): 5:04pm On Sep 16, 2008
so you already know you're paranoid and paranormal.

I didnt even need to remind you.

abeg carry go.

car wey no get brake.

You are Dump. You are really dump.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ssRhino: 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2008
How come it is always most people from the Oil belt that always asking for seperation from Nigeria? i will just like to know.
Lemme guess, the same lunacy that made Nigeria jumping up in 1960 cos they have Oil and they are all independent and cld do whatever they want? tell me where is all those jubilation then? what have they achieved with it? Nothing and i mean absolutely Nothing, instead of Nigeria to be healed, she is constantly blaming others for their own wahala.
I have heard Nigerians blaming USA for their problem
Some have blamed Brittain, Bakassi has contributed a lot according to some, so who is next to be blamed.
Besides, i guess Oil belt in Nigeria are following same foot step now, blaming every other tribe but refused to look inward.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by TheSly: 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2008
$$Rhino:

How come it is always most people from the Oil belt that always asking for seperation from Nigeria? i will just like to know.
1- because you others are parasite.

2- Nigeria's income is mainly generated from oil sales,
Meaning without Nigeria's oil, You people would be competing with the likes of Burundi economically.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ssRhino: 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2008
The Sly:

1- because you others are parasite.

2- Nigeria's income is mainly generated from oil sales,
Meaning without Nigeria's oil, You people would be competing with the likes of Burundi economically.

hahahahahahaha, u are so funny.
What is the definition of a parasite, Oil that cant even be refined in the Oil city?
How about you wake up and realize that dependancy on Oil might not even help u at all, cos the notion of "we have oil" and we shd be entitled has made y'all some lazy bunch.
If there is no Oil, trust me, that will make so many Nigerians to wake up and develop other means of making money, be it farming or mining, which we need anyways.
I guess texas shd be asking for break away from America too, or Alaska.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 5:59pm On Sep 16, 2008
it's the truth that Nigeria is a monoeconomy. 

What is the definition of a parasite, Oil that can't even be refined in the Oil city?

and whose fault is that?

I guess texas should be asking for break away from America too, or Alaska.

even after the discovery of Gold and Oil, the american economy continued to be diversified.  how many people today realize california was a mainly a Gold mining area?? that's the difference between nigeria and the oil producing scandanavian countries. they invested their money in other ventures and there's way too much mouth to feed to be dependent on oil.  considering that most nigerian states depend on federal allocation, we are indeed parasites.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ssRhino: 6:03pm On Sep 16, 2008
Yes, i do agree with all u have said so far and i blv that Nigeria need to invest in other ways to make money into the wallet of the nation, and that is why i said, maybe without the Oil, the nation would have been a better place afterall.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by TheSly: 6:12pm On Sep 16, 2008
$$Rhino:

I guess texas should be asking for break away from America too, or Alaska.
What?? Have you ever been to Niger-delta before
If Texas was like Niger-delta, They would have no choice.

How about you wake up and realize that dependancy on Oil might not even help u at all, because the notion of "we have oil" and we should be entitled has made y'all some lazy bunch.
Trust me, This would be the end of the appalling Nation called Nigeria.
By then you people would be using 100billion naira notes like Zimbabwe.

that will make so many Nigerians to wake up and develop other means of making money, be it farming or mining, which we need anyways.
Nigerians are not saying they don't want to farm but your stupid governments are not encouraging them.
I got a friend who exports farming chemicals to Nigeria and trust me,
It is selling like hot cakes and that should tell u Nigerians are not a lazy bunch as u claimed they are.

The only state which has a slight chance of surviving if Nigeria breaks up is Lagos.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by RibaduFan(m): 6:20pm On Sep 16, 2008
Lagos is only active becos of the oil trade in the Niger Delta, take oil away and the state is finished. The backbone of the Nigerian economy is export of crude oil. The banks are triving cos forex is being brought in thru trading in oil.

But fortunately for Lagosians, the state has enough oil to sustain it. Also its neighbouring state, Ogu, also has some amount of crude oil. So all hope might not be lost for Lagos should the Niger Delta choose to cede
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 6:21pm On Sep 16, 2008
that is why i said, maybe without the Oil, the nation would have been a better place afterall.

the only people that scream oil is a curse are usually africans in gabon, nigeria or angola. i wonder why. folks from UAE, romania, norway, denmark etc sure don't mind.  this country would be a much better place if the Oil boom was properly managed.  

Lagos is only active because of the oil trade in the Niger Delta, take oil away and the state is finished.

lagos has a finance and trade sector, something most nigerian states can't boost off.  internally generated revenue in lagos state is the highest of any other sate.

But fortunately for Lagosians, the state has enough oil to sustain it. Also its neighbouring state, Ogu, also has some amount of crude oil. So all hope might not be lost for Lagos should the Niger Delta choose to cede

jeez everything is about Oil to u guys
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ssRhino: 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2008
bawomolo:

the only people that scream oil is a curse are usually africans in gabon, nigeria or angola. i wonder why. folks from UAE, romania, norway, denmark etc sure don't mind. this country would be a much better place if the Oil boom was properly managed.

lagos has a finance and trade sector, something most nigerian states can't boost off. internally generated revenue in lagos state is the highest of any other sate.

jeez everything is about Oil to u guys

Very true, but since Nigeria cant manage things well, i guess we surely belong to the list that u have posted us.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by RibaduFan(m): 6:31pm On Sep 16, 2008
bawolomo

Trading and commerce indeed, what do u think is stimulating the trade and the commerce? Let the over 90% income from oil stop and u think and u would see how seemingly boomking Lagos economy would vaporise.

At the moment, oil is very thing to the country. And it is going to take a lot of restructuring to change this. If u ask me, I think the states in the east have a better chance of surviving if the country divides.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2008

Trading and commerce indeed, what do u think is stimulating the trade and the commerce? Let the over 90% income from oil stop and u think and u would see how seemingly boomking Lagos economy would vaporise.

there are huge pharmaceutical companies, paint industries etc that import goods through lagos.  a port state like lagos is very important.  access to the sea gives people a lot of advantages, see panama. a tourism service based economy can easily be built in lagos if not for our bonehead government
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by tpia: 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2008
Planner:

You are Dump. You are really dump.

I'm not as dump as you.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Planner(m): 7:33pm On Sep 16, 2008
Typia,

obviously you are unable and cannot rely to the my post. Let me repeat this again. Why are orubas in Owo targeting igbo people for kidnap? I guess you maybe one of them. I think your likes are what is causing dissafection in the country. Do not worry We will not live with your guys for long. It is impereative that this country break and each ethnic gropu go their separate ways. it is impossible for nigerian ethnic groups to live together peacefully.

I am eternally more comfortable with people who have similar background like me. So Skunk you can go to hell.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by RibaduFan(m): 7:34pm On Sep 16, 2008
Quotasyste has changed his ID
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by tpia: 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2008
Planner:

Typia,

obviously you are unable and cannot rely to the my post. Let me repeat this again. Why are orubas in Owo targeting igbo people for kidnap? I guess you maybe one of them. I think your likes are what is causing dissafection in the country. Do not worry We will not live with your guys for long. It is impereative that this country break and each ethnic gropu go their separate ways. it is impossible for nigerian ethnic groups to live together peacefully.

I am eternally more comfortable with people who have similar background like me. So Skunk you can go to hell.

You're already in hell, since there's no hell like that of the mind.

I, on the other hand, don't carry issues on my head like someone with no future. ( ie you).

Am I the Orubas in Owo who kidnapped Igbo people? if your brain is not full of holes, why are you asking me this kind of frenzied question. I don't know why Nigerian lunatics like you have such big smelling mouths. In other countries, mental basket cases like you remain under lock and key and are closely guarded in their straitjackets, but being Nigerian, you're here yarning rubbish just because you managed to type on the internet.

abeg- just because your mouth dey smell all the time due to your rotten decayed teeth wey dey defy dentist, doesnt mean everyone is like you. Your smelling teeth is in your genes- no amount of mouthwash, toothpaste or deodorant can cover your stink. Sorry. Some people are unlucky like that and you happen to be one of them.

I am eternally more comfortable with people who have similar background like me

onyeoshi.

Did you check the name of this forum before signing up here. Maybe you're not aware there are other tribes living in other places outside your village.

Instead of people like you to go back to elementary school and join six years olds to learn basic grammar, they console themselves by saying they are Isrealis.

Idiot. cheesy
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bilymuse: 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2008
Planner
Bilymuse,

We igbos are used to your kind. the kind that Mpele described. USelss, loud mouthed, hateful, vengeful, dedicating their lives to igbo destruction, lazy, empty-headed, opinionated and above all murderers of truth. Whether you believe it or not the igbo people are matching forward forcefully.  You just rant like an ant. Perhaps we may not be genetically related to the Jews but we share so much in common - Industry, thrift, unique ability to survive in hostile environment, geographical spread, business acumen and skin color.

Oga planner ,
Why this unprovoked attack on my person, its unfair. I was only saying the truth, which lm sure you are aware of. l don't hate the Ibo people and have vigorously advocated for Ibo president while in Nigeria. I back Alex Ekwueme against OBJ, cos l felt he was better qualified.

but he truth is that some Ibo folks are deluded, how could you claim to be Jewish, when you are not. Its called inferiority complex and a lot of Ibos are suffering from this mental disorder ever since they lost the Biafra war. You guys truly have my sympathy.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by tpia: 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2008
bilymuse:

Why this unprovoked attack on my person, its unfair. I was only saying the truth, which lm sure you are aware of. l don't hate the Ibo people and have vigorously advocated for Ibo president while in Nigeria. I back Alex Ekwueme against OBJ, because l felt he was better qualified.

You guys truly have my sympathy.

funny, I thought you were Igbo.

anyway, your sympathy doesnt really matter since like the Nazis, some haters are the ones turning around to accuse others of hate.

In Nigeria, as I'm sure you know, you are hated on the basis of your tribe, not as an individual. And this attitude is shared all across the country. No one tribe is innocent of xenophobia  tribalism.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Uche2nna(m): 8:21pm On Sep 16, 2008
bilymuse:

Planner
Oga planner ,
Why this unprovoked attack on my person, its unfair. I was only saying the truth, which lm sure you are aware of. l don't hate the Ibo people and have vigorously advocated for Ibo president while in Nigeria. I back Alex Ekwueme against OBJ, because l felt he was better qualified.

but he truth is that some Ibo folks are deluded, how could you claim to be Jewish, when you are not. Its called inferiority complex and a lot of Ibos are suffering from this mental disorder ever since they lost the Biafra war. You guys truly have my sympathy.

Those are speculations that are have not being either proved nor disproved.

The thread was for people's opinion on the viability of Nigeria but trust Nairaland members to turn it into a mudslinging contest.  grin

@ topic
You don't need a crystal ball to know that Nigeria is in need of a major shake up.  Could come in the form of a revolution (don't see that happening because of the huge tribal differences) or in the form of a dissolution ( more feasible in my opinion). Truth is that we can't keep on living like this. Something has to give.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Planner(m): 8:24pm On Sep 16, 2008
Am I the Orubas in Owo who kidnapped Igbo people?

Oh are you not? I am suprised.  You acted liuke a retard when i posted a link on igbos been kidnapped by marauding yorubas and you replied with an unintelligent history of Owo.

I understand your feeling. You wished all Igbo people dead  but it ain't gonna happen. We will get out from form the weak federation before you hatch your evil plans. your such should not be living.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by tpia: 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2008
Planner:

Oh are you not? I am suprised.  You acted liuke a retard when i posted a link on igbos been kidnapped by marauding yorubas and you replied with an unintelligent history of Owo.

I understand your feeling. You wished all Igbo people dead  but it ain't going to happen. We will get out from form the weak federation before you hatch your evil plans. your such should not be living.

You no get relative wey go pity you? Abi all of them don pick race because this your own na wonder.

You're in such dire need of help.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Planner(m): 8:38pm On Sep 16, 2008
You no get relative wey go pity you? Abi all of them don pick race because this your own na wonder.

You're in such dire need of help.

Chei! Onye wu onye iberibe. grin
Ara na gba gu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17)

Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos / Tribunal: I Was Asked To Sign Results Or Lose N-power Membership —PDP Agent / Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.