Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? (1338 Views)

Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? / Why Is It So Difficult To Have A Decent Conversation With A Man? / So difficult to find a nigerian Girl you can take home to mama in London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by virgie(f): 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2008
The word 'goodbye' is used here to mean letting go with finality a relationship that is heading no where.

The question is why is is difficult for singles to say goodbye when they come to the realization that the relationship they are in is something they ought not to have gotten into in the first place.

What is the reason for this?
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by agaba123(m): 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2008
because nobody wants to lose someone she 'loves' especially when goody goody is involved
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by tope2000(f): 9:52pm On Sep 14, 2008
If the relationship wasnt worth it from go, then i dont have any difficulty in saying goodbye cool
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by chika98: 9:53pm On Sep 14, 2008
You answer your own question.
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by lonelypal(m): 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2008
virgie:

The word 'goodbye' is used here to mean letting go with finality a relationship that is heading no where.

The question is why is is difficult for singles to say goodbye when they come to the realization that the relationship they are in is something they ought not to have gotten into in the first place.

What is the reason for this?

hurdles in relationships should not make u regret such, its not easy to let go when true love n emotional commitment is involved. Most times it takes prayers and strng resolution to move on
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by Adonica(f): 3:34am On Sep 15, 2008
you can't force someone to love you . . .if its not working, let it go.
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by virgie(f): 7:12am On Sep 15, 2008
I an an emotional person ( most ladies are).When I was in my last relationship, I devoted my time, money and all to see that it works. I was so much committed that I turned a blind eye to his faults even the most obvious. I think I loved him too much to let go, until he made the moves himself and  checked out, and now I know that was the best thing he had ever done. I am much wiser.
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by zignor(m): 7:40am On Sep 15, 2008
@virgie . . .I read this topic yesterday on vangard . . .lol grin grin grin

Besides, how old are you? undecided
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by opsydudu(m): 9:00am On Sep 15, 2008
@poster

when you say goodbye, you let go. if u can't let go then it's a good stay.

i hope it's not your story on vanguard because i will surprised at your action. You need serious counseling to mend your heart. I am confident if the guy comes back begging you will take him back.
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 15, 2008
I think its all a game; and you know the drift  . . . it hurts to lose. Of course the winner goes home happy  cheesy
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by tunes2k10(m): 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2008
@ poster,
I've heard pple say
it's easy to destroy than building[i][/i] but not in the case of real love. In my case, i've broken up with my chic three times but i find myself making up in less than one week, the thing is not every lovable person is marryable.
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by MrCrackles(m): 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2008
zignor:

@virgie . . .I read this topic yesterday on vangard . . .lol grin grin grin

Besides, how old are you? undecided

what has her age got to do with the question she is asking?

you either answer the question or shut up!

@poster

The reason is the emotional attachment which is not an easy thing to severe especially when true love existed in the relationship!
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by tRoOE(f): 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2008
[size=13pt]I hate saying  word "Goodbye"
especially to those i love the most
we all have to let some people go, at one point in life
it doesn't matter if they are lovers,friends,family members e.t.c

[/size]
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2008
Brash!:

what has her age got to do with the question she is asking?

you either answer the question or shut up!

@poster

The reason is the emotional attachment which is not an easy thing to severe especially when true love existed in the relationship!

Why do you always have to be so insultive??
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by nana(f): 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2008
Hmmm! Goodbye?! That is the saddest word i've ever known. It's hard to say goodbye esp. when the feelings/emotions are still intact. I've been in a situation where i expected the dude to call it off but nah,he preferred to lurk around. It wasn't easy saying this word but i said it after many attempts.  
Infact,goodbye doesn't apply to r/ships alone. There are cases like when a friend u've grown so attached with decides to leave or travel or sumfin like that,u just find it hard to say this bloody Goodbye.
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by beautyfine(f): 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2008
simply put,emotions,memories and love will make you stay put and familiarity with the one you love
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by MrCrackles(m): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2008
Ujujoan:

Why do you always have to be so insultive??

and how is mere "shut up" being insultive, busy body?!

get off my back!!
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by carnal: 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2008
it's not very easy to say goodbye,especially where there is love, i remember very well when i wanted to get married,i was in love with two chics (one was older than me while one was younger) and definately i had to choose one of them,it was really difficult infact at some point i wanted to loose my mind and sincerely i must confess that even though i choose the older person i still keep in very strong touch with the younger person though she is also married now,so the bottomline is goodbye hard ooo my brothers
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by rubi(f): 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=13pt]I hate saying word "Goodbye"
especially to those i love the most
we all have to let some people go, at one point in life
it doesn't matter if they are lovers,friends,family members e.t.c

[/size]

I agree with all that you've mentioned but not on family members it depends on the inolvement
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by k1banty(m): 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2008
@post

Goodbye is hard to say when it involves heartbreak. Once your heart takes some time to heal then you won't forget such person in a hurry.

the moment you get over your heartbreak, that moment you let go.
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2008
Come this Brash of a character, who is on your back eh?? Is that a fantasy or what?? Mind yourself oh angry
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by MrCrackles(m): 9:20am On Sep 16, 2008
Ujujoan:

Come this Brash of a character, who is on your back eh?? Is that a fantasy or what?? Mind yourself oh angry

Brash is bigger than insults and loves the ladies

so one word- PEACE! smiley

M Brashy and Nasty with a cocky swagger and arrogance, i'd brush anytin off like Abrasives!!
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by iice(f): 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2008
Letting go has never been a problem for me undecided
Very easy for me to say goodbye even when it hurts terribly - because i tend to be logical about things.
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by Dbaddie(m): 5:24pm On Sep 16, 2008
Letting go? Not easy. But in the end, i believe nothing happens to you that you can't handle. Just pick up where you were dropped and move on (easier said than done, yes).
Emotions are real funny attimes. Your logic tells you 'it won't work, man. BAIL!', but your emos keep finding 'reasons' to hold on, even long after it's off.
And if you hold long enough to get hit by reality train, Just get a grip (a real good, tough one) of yourself and set sail forward. There are others (looking for you) out there.

the sooner we make the tough choices, the better.

This love car, needs Wisdom to steer it.
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by tRoOE(f): 3:54am On Sep 17, 2008
rubi:

I agree with all that you've mentioned but not on family members it depends on the inolvement
[size=13pt]Yea it depends but it does happen[/size]
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by Easybaby(f): 1:29pm On Sep 17, 2008
@Brash,
what is your problem? sad angry

you suck! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by MrCrackles(m): 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2008
Easybaby:

@Brash,
what is your problem? sad angry

you suck! tongue tongue tongue

your father sucks!!
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by Morenike3(f): 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2008
You never heard that love is a heart string?

How can you detach your heart from his, if you're not willing to let go?

If you want to say goodbye, you better be sure you cut that string, or else you're just playing yourself: you'll end up back with him if he comes back begging.

It's hard to say goodbye because we're not willing to let go.
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by tope2000(f): 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2008
*Morenike:

You never heard that love is a heart string?

How can you detach your heart from his, if you're not willing to let go?

If you want to say goodbye, you better be sure you cut that string, or else you're just playing yourself: you'll end up back with him if he comes back begging.

It's hard to say goodbye because we're not willing to let go.

Very well said wink
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by Okanran(m): 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2008
@ topic: I guess it has 2 do wth d heart not being able to come to terms with a rational decision taken by the person in question!

I got me this girl, quite young and still in sch. I told her it wouldn't work n she does the tantrum thingy, calling me names n sending all kinda nasty message. Nxt thing u know she be calling n apologising tellin me we can still be good 2gether. . .  undecided
Re: Goodbye! Why Is It So Difficult To Let Go? by dav234: 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2008
it might be hard if true feelings is involved

(1) (Reply)

Can U Date A Friend Living Next Door? / Did I Act Well? / Is Revelation, Vision, Or Dream A Pre-requisite For Choosing A Life Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.