Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call - Art, Graphics & Video (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call (29444 Views)

My 3D Graphic Photos / 2D And 3D Graphic Animation. / Info For Training On 3d/graphic Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 10:02am On Jan 07, 2009
@resichild
I'm actually having some constraints with modelling the priest's robes. But the texturing is no problem. let me see how far I can go, else I'll stick with the previous clothing model I posted, only with more texture detail.

What say ye?

Oh, also I'm feeling your concept animation for the demigod. Is it supposed to be an intro of some sort? Are you doing the animations youself? I won't mind to see it's finished state.

Cheers cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2009
@kemji
there's actually no need for u to create the model for the cloth. Just create a repeating texture-map in jpg or bmp and it will be slapped on the real model e.g making velvet or jeans materials, u dont need a shirt model to do the textures if u catch my drift. And also most texture maps are 256x256 or half of that. Not too sure about that, Anyway our clothes will basically be repeated texture squares that fall into sync when laid together. Hope u get me

Regards to the anim, lets just say we want people and ourselves to know we mean business. Its not an intro, just a sample animation
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by damseremie(m): 3:49am On Jan 09, 2009
Guys, yes i agree, I am the bad guy,

I just wanted to say that i guess am off this project mainly cause i overestimated my modeling skills. i haven't done any serious character modeling in over a year and i thought i could jump back in where i sstooped. but it's not working.
With other work schedules, i have started the model 6 times now and each time it still looks bad, either my polygon distribution is wack or the model is just not looking good.i have given up for now. i am now reediting my Organic modeling skills as a 4.If i am still wanted as a prop or landscape modeler, am game but my character modeling for now has regressed badly,
and like i said b4, i have been doing more of post-production,Motion graphics and compositing over the past one year so if me skills are still needed, so be it.
If i get the boot, it's also good, as OKX once said,discipline must b maintained
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 9:50am On Jan 09, 2009
@resichild
Yeah, king's planes are ready. Just a little of the "usual" with my internet hookup.
I'll ship it in before the weekend runs out.

@Y'all
Nice going
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by aphek: 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2009
It is nice to see that you guys are starting to pickup steam again. I had been actively following your thread. It has been a source of information for me about CGI development in Naija.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 1:45pm On Jan 09, 2009
@dams
You see, this is what i always say about come into contact with us, tell us the difficulties and we know how to move forward. The six times u modelled could have been six different xters and i would take your raw files and with the other guys who are still in the know how, we could just patch them up and thats it. U would have saved a lot of man-hours. To be also candid, what if u are just playing innocent so we don't give u the boot(using ur terms). U've been gone months, not just days or weeks, I guess u should stick around tho because there's no point kicking u out right now since u came clean and everyone kind of deserves a second chance for even believing in this project. But i promise u, if u leave us out to dry again, its done.
U said props and landscapes, well if u go back 2 or 3 pages u will see we need some landscaping done. Get on top on that and this time, lets know when u hit snags.
Also if u still got the raw files of the models u did, export them to .obj files and mail to nl_project@yahoo.com(there's an underscore inbtwn "nl" and "project"wink. Lets see if we can patch em up, Welcome back

@maxani
Got ya. Expecting them soon then.Good going

@tunslike and neikid
Dudes?Wots happening?Come on angry

@okx
no response from u man, whats up?

@aphek
Its guys/chics like u that keep us going. Thnx for following our progress and also thnx for the vote of confidence. Hope to unveil more, as soon as my guys hit the high notes again. grin cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2009
I tried to take most of the details out for clearity. Emphasis was more on the head . Let me know if you want adjustments an all.

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 10:20am On Jan 13, 2009
what's the prob, folks? my post has been the last one for days now! where's the lot y'all?

@ resichild
undecided
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 8:03am On Jan 14, 2009
@Resichild
Here are some sample Textures for use on any of the characters. In my hurry yesterday, I posted them in 2D/3D art gallery by mistake.

Here they are again

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 8:04am On Jan 14, 2009
And the rest,

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 8:06am On Jan 14, 2009
I also think I agree with Maxani - Resichild, you seem to be loosing your steam for your project as well. undecided
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 8:22am On Jan 14, 2009
@maxani
I tried posting two days ago and yesterday, the internet connection in my office was blocking me out of nairaland. I was trying to let u know that the art is okay but u need to develop it into planes like OKX does so that the modelling can start. Big ups dude

@kemji
Me , loose steam for my own project. Dude i like u but dont make me hunt u down by posting weird stuff like that alrite. I blog everyday, so me absent two days shud hav let u know i was really held up.
Concernig ur textures, all i can say is shocked WOW! dude those things rock. I love all o' them but we cant use all of them. I'm guessing we stick to 2,3,5. More texture colors like that will be cool. I will need the raw bitmaps sent to our email so i can use it for the animation. I'm done with scenes 1 and two, so shud be uploading tomorrow. Also, if u can do a skin texture for the demigod that wud be gr8t too so i will re-render the scenes iv done b4 posting. U got skillz dude.

@OKX
ur model is frigging hard to rig but i got it running tho there are still joint issues but it will hav to do for now since its sample.

@rest
whats up all o' ya?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2009
@resichild
No probs. I guess I'm getting better in my 3d texturing, I try my best. I'll get you your bitmap textures. Do I post them on this forum or mail to some email address? undecided

Oh, as per the Demigod, I have a character of mine designed that way. But his texture map is unique to his model. I'll post it by the morrow so you can check it out! Cheers cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2009
@kemji
yep, keep it up and u'll go places. the email is nl_project@yahoo.com (nl underscore project). this blasted underlining of links spoils the name.thnx and expecting
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2009
@ res
dude, adjust wot u need to, just make it work.

i didnt have issues rigging tho, see- Maya RULES!!!!
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 7:29am On Jan 15, 2009
@okx
yeay, yeah gloat all u want, tongue
meanwile wats up with ur animation?how far hav u gone?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 8:05am On Jan 15, 2009
Here's my African Demigod Model.

Ps: Strictly mine - no copyright allowed! wink

But If you like the texture maps, I'd be glad to share cool

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 8:08am On Jan 15, 2009
Here's my African Demigod Model.

Ps: Strictly mine - no copyright allowed! wink

But If you like the texture maps, I'd be glad to share cool

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2009
@all
whats up guys, called a couple of u over the weekend and remember all the promises to get back to me so dont fail.
maxani, i dont have ur phone no--- u have to post that
okx--urs wasnt going thru. U changed it or what?
Anyway, kemji pls post the textures as discussed, i shud be posting the animation on monday. Happy wekend ya ' all grin cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 7:54am On Jan 20, 2009
@all
guys, im seeing no posts and im beginning to get,
whats up with all of u?tunslike u sid to revert today, so also did neikid.
Maxani was up with the king's planes?And OKX, where u at man?

@kemji
dude, u havent posted the textures for me, whats up?

U guys hope ur steam isnt dying off cos this aint the time,
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 9:22am On Jan 20, 2009
@Resichild
You didn't answer my previous question and you've also been AWOL from your forum for some days too. Anyways, I'll post them here in JPEG format so you can download.

Just trying to keep ur project alive! undecided
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 11:16am On Jan 20, 2009
guys, this isnt just an attendance sheet for project members.

ppl have taken on specific tasks, n are expected to deliver on them. rememba we r all on a ticking time bomb

@ res
deliver ur sample animation, that at least is totally within ya power.
when uve set an example, every one else will fall in line or fall out.
4get the absentees for now!

wots d essence of creating more models when we cant do jack with the one we have?
a lot of ppl are watching our progress, n if i were one of them-frankly, id have written us off!

so like someone said- enough talk. if faith is failing, output will revive it!
someone has to motivate ur crew, sometimes its thru talk, but other times (like now) its thru work n output.

i (as well as most of us) am mega busy, n it doesnt cut it for me to log on here just to see idle chat n a roll call 4 teamies.

@ maxani
those sketches dont fly as image planes. back up a few pages n see a sample with the demigod face, n u need to include details as much as possible.
n try to join ur lines so we dont have to second guess what shapes u were imagining.
good job!

res, i havent changed my digits
0802 328 9217
0803 091 0585
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by idygurl(f): 11:45am On Jan 20, 2009
Hmm,  is there really a project going on on this thread?  undecided Doesn't seem so to me.

I hope the team members do wake up. I like kemjisuper's model really. it seems to be so realistic and somehow scary.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 1:12pm On Jan 20, 2009
idygurl:

Hmm, is there really a project going on on this thread? undecided Doesn't seem so to me.

I hope the team members do wake up. I like kemjisuper's model really. it seems to be so realistic and somehow scary.

@Idygurl
Aww thanks for mentioning. Yeah, I still think there's a project going on but it seems the fire's almost out! Just keep watching and maybe it'll all come back to speed.

@resichild
Here are the textures, I'll mail them to that email address too.

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 4:30pm On Jan 20, 2009
@resi,OKX
Gotcha. But till wkend, pls, the web is a bit whacked from here plus other presure.
@y'all
Nobody said this'll be easy. difft folks from God-knows-what-part of the net working freelance. but the effort and good faith I've seen here's impressive. Imagine what could be done if we were all together without tech challenges. keep it up folks!!.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2009
@OKX
i know and dude im trying my best to bug pple while doing my part.

@maxani
Thnx for the vote of confidence

@others
the project aint dead yet so no feast for vultures yet and i intend to make it stay that way
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by A2J(m): 7:29am On Jan 22, 2009
Just want to ask, what is the time frame of this project?? couple months, a year or years??
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 12:28am On Jan 24, 2009
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
guess i owe everyone an apology.

really sad i had to abscond like this, i've had a couple of issues.
a young man is just tryin to find his footing, i'm sure y'all can understand.
you all are doing great!!!

i'll be in as soon as i can cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2009
@A2J
i guess u'll just have to wait and see

@neikid
nice to finally hear from u. Welcome, catch ur footing and send us our demigod model, alritey
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 1:13am On Jan 26, 2009
@all
forgive tht time wased and quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2kszEAYbOM
thats d first
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by A2J(m): 6:46am On Jan 26, 2009
resichild:

@all
forgive tht time wased and quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2kszEAYbOM
thats d first

But please dont tell me thats the kind of animation that will make up the short movie - just my littl C&C
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2009
@A2J
Hell no, not even close. That was an extreme mockup. If u've been following we decided to do a test animation for measurement purposes. That thing is not textured properly and the rig dont fit. We want to study rendering and output so we can come up with our production platform.
U know what, i'll pull down that video cos i mentioned this before that people mite mistake this for our quality.

@okx
What do u think?Still post for public viewing or find a way to post privately. As A2J pointed out, people mite start judging us with this
Or we could actually continue and just make sure we keep hammering that these are all tests.

the next scene will be up 2morow

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Journey To Being A Professional / Let's Proudly Show Off Mobile Photography... / Amazing Charcoal Drawings By 2poundz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.