Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs (41865 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? / Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2008
look @ them lazy men preaching "No condition is permanent" i have seen cases where ladies stood with their men and once the money came , luv disappeared.I stood with a guy during his NYSC days and upon conclusion the guy got a very good job in the aviation industry and d rshp went sour,then i concluded mine and got a plum job with a multinational coy n d guy came crawling! hey i dont eat my spitle i told him.Do i even need to go far to look for classical examples ( TUFACE/ANNIE MARCAULEY).
Abeg (JOICHI) abi na juo chi gi ajuju? DUMP D GUY'S BROKE ASS AND MOVE ON!! men boku!ure even 24 yrs still v.young,myself i'm 29 rocking and calling d shots! change ur friends both male/female,upgrade and update yrself,get involved in self devlopmental activities ,politics,sports e.t.c GUD GUYS AINT ALL TAKEN BABY!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by temilayo1(f): 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2008
Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by dyabman(m): 12:31pm On Sep 24, 2008
temi.layo:

gurl; ur so crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i'm sure u open this thread for this topic cos its ur first.

First time poster congrats!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by ib23: 12:34pm On Sep 24, 2008
as u have said heart what is the next step you will follow.your money is gone and you are also afraid of loosing your man.you are so rich to spend that money on him.on a man am embarassed .keep hoping until you are 35years.that your man will change.sorry to break it to you its too late to change.rather he will keep that money to marry someone else and tell you thank you.without you his life will never b complete. grin
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by dyabman(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2008
ib23:

as u have said heart what is the next step you will follow.your money is gone and you are also afraid of loosing your man.you are so rich to spend that money on him.on a man am embarassed .keep hoping until you are 35years.that your man will change.sorry to break it to you its too late to change.rather he will keep that money to marry someone else and tell you thank you.without you his life will never b complete. grin

i'm sure u open this thread for this topic because its ur first.

First time poster congrats!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Muesiri: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2008
this story na fake jare
this girl dey fool u people, how much is she making herself
If she's supporting the guy, herself, his family, how much is left to pay the bills
I don't believe this cooked up yarn jare
)

My dear, this migth not be fake oh, i was once in this kind of reltionship, infact it got to a time that when i travel to see him i av to pay for for own transportation to and fro
I remember the last time i went to see him, he told me to come wit my ATM while coming, he spend all the money i took along wit me to see him and when i was to come back he just rally round for small thing to use to tak 'so n le" one chance
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by cutey04(f): 1:49pm On Sep 24, 2008
hi,this is unbelievable.this relationship of urs is goin nowhere.it jst a case of him havin a sheep somewhere [someone else]and he is milkin the cow[that is you] .he is jst milkin u sry to say.u better stop sufferin and to me the only reason u are still in the relationship is because of the sex nd u can opth out nytime.he is nt ashamed of himself nd he is playin the victim.'he hasnt even spend on u or ur family'i dnt call dat luv.the luv is nomore u guys are jst dere,like dere.noyhin is goin on cry angry sad
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by totalfact(m): 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2008
This is not an issue, once the man is deeply interested i you
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by eudio(f): 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2008
hello girlfriend,

please dump him like bad news.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by coolroy(m): 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2008
Well, to be candid, it looks like your guy is either lazy or outright not doing enough to keep his head above water. i believe spending money on each other should be mutual. He can network, find something to at least put money into his pocket. Making money is not easy ***** If you love him, then i am sorry you are hooked but in this present nigeria please shine your eyes! this guy will lead you nowhere.

I suggest you start afresh. If you are sure he cant change. Please move on!

Cheers!!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by goodass(m): 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2008
@ poster:

if u nid a man u'll luk down on, whom u r nt proud of n who's so irresponsibly indulgent (n i 1da wat kind of a hubby n father he'll make) then go ahead, hang in there. u've got enof validatn 2 Q.U.I.T n move on wt ur lyf. bol!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by capsmo(m): 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2008
na love!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by shylladear(f): 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2008
@poster
you better ditch him before its too late cause am sure when he gets a job he will look for someone else to spend it (cash) on and he will be the one to ditch you (which am sure you dont want)
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by shylladear(f): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2008
and as for your guy he is not man enough
no guy in his right senses will depend on a girl for financial support not even to say a girl younger than he is
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by ukamakson: 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2008
My dear,ur case is really deep cos of his age,if he were 2 b ur age mate then there wud really no harm there cos who knws wat he might become in future, but 31!!!!!? run for your life whileur still wit ur senses!!!!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by joichi: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2008
temi.layo:

Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

LOL!   Now dat is hilarious!

U all in here r making it sound lik i feed his family. Well i don't!. I only contribute a loving quota from time to time wen i c them around or i'm wit them while he just comes over to my place & leaves like he jst wasn't over at his girlfriends'.
He doesn't give my siblings anything wen he's leaving, thats wat i mean.
I send recharge cards, money (neva more than 3gs at a time), u knw, dat sort of thing. Not FEEDING HIS FAMILY like u guys r assuming.
Also, i jst refused to give him (not loan) him some money a while back, like some of u advised, & he's succeeded in making me feel like a very bad person.
cry  LOL!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Woodpecker(m): 4:40pm On Sep 24, 2008
babe i would have advised u to hang in there and be a bit patient afterall u guys always yap about equal rights and respect for women but as u stated, he's quite comfortable with the whole arrangement so i'll advise u to run. we guys are naturally proud with big egos so its very unusual for a guy to be ok with this set-up. maybe u're mistaking his attitude as being comfortable with it, i dont know, but what i feel is that u should tell ur mind and ask him what his plans for the future are. if u dont like what u hear, well u can call me (i'll give u my no later) am looking for a girl that can match me financially. lol smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by joichi: 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2008
Woodpecker:

babe i would have advised u to hang in there and be a bit patient afterall u guys always yap about equal rights and respect for women but as u stated, he's quite comfortable with the whole arrangement so i'll advise u to run. we guys are naturally proud with big egos so its very unusual for a guy to be ok with this set-up. maybe u're mistaking his attitude as being comfortable with it, i don't know, but what i feel is that u should tell ur mind and ask him what his plans for the future are. if u don't like what u hear, well u can call me (i'll give u my no later) am looking for a girl that can match me financially. lol smiley

LOL! Thks but no thnks.
actually, these days, i looking 4 a guy who can pick up my bills (if i have any that is wink ) & not a competition. I'm not out 2 compete here u knw. Jst searching for something nice & romantic cool
LOL!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by goodass(m): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2008
joichi:

LOL! Thks but no thnks.
actually, these days, i looking 4 a guy who can pick up my bills (if i have any that is wink ) & not a competition. I'm not out 2 compete here u knw. Jst searching for something nice & romantic cool
LOL!
now u r talking, joi. Applicantz plentiful NL grin
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by georgee(m): 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2008
actually, these days, i looking 4 a guy who can pick up my bills (if i have any that is ) & not a competition. I'm not out 2 compete here u knw. Jst searching for something nice & romantic
LOL

JOICHI
why dont u holla me and lets c if things can work out, am single and av a very good job 2 myself
am still online now if u dnt mind
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by joichi: 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2008
georgee:

JOICHI
why don't u holla me and lets c if things can work out, am single and av a very good job 2 myself
am still online now if u dnt mind

Actually georgee, let me sleep over that. u knw i'm stil hurting sad
LOL! So as not 2 miss understand me, its not about whether or not u have a job. Its more about ur state of mind. & ability 2 wear the pants in a relationship. Mind u, i'm not after money here. Jst d real deal.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by georgee(m): 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2008
Actually georgee, let me sleep over that. u knw i'm stil hurting
LOL! So as not 2 miss understand me, its not about whether or not u have a job. Its more about ur state of mind. & ability 2 wear the pants in a relationship. Mind u, i'm not after money here. Jst d real deal.

joichi
i quite understand u very well, am not trying 2 seek for ur attention cos i av a job and neither am i trying 2 take advantage of the situation.
something in me just tells me we can get along real fine, cos av been follwing this thread ryt frm the start, and u got some qualities i like in a lady, just my candid opinion.
Anyway how ar u 2day,hope not 2 stressed up sha wink
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Tundeadio: 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2008
Baby girl, u are such a nice girl! But don't let your being nice make you to look like a fool. At 24, maybe u r still young and immature, and so the guy is taken advantage of you. You need to break loose. You dont have to learn by your own experience but from people's experience! The guy needs to be serious and get going at that age. If at all there is no work, raise some money for him and let him start a business. You guys should be able to work something out. If he is serious, the business will be growing and yielding something no matter how small. STOP SPENDING UR MONEY JUST ON MATERIAL THINGS FOR HIM!. If you try this and it doesn't work or if u think trying will be a waste of time, then FORGET HIM FOR GOOD! My dear act now and fast.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Safia(f): 7:11pm On Sep 24, 2008
Leave that jerk! U r so much more than that.
~ Safia
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by pongwa(m): 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2008
i' sure u can find answers by reading up ur post and considering ur feelings. neva patch if he's for u stay and if he's not then what are u waiting for ope uve not slept with him/
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by PurestBoy(m): 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2008
@poster,

I refuse to believe your story but if I were to believe, No man at the age of 31 would be happy depending on his his fellow man let alone a lady. I put it to you that you won't come here to post this story if it's the other way round. Besides, why do women always claim equality with men yet our dear poster thinks it's irresponsible to fund her lover.

I don't even know what to say to this post because your story is incomplete, @ 31 where does he live? are you also the one paying for his flat or is he living with you (are you leaving alone) or is he still living with his parent?

I think there's a case of exaggeration here because this guy must have done some goodies to you besides the good sex you enjoy from him because you can't tell us you've been funding him since the first day you guys met.

Where do you work? could you please tell us your qualification and the rough estimate of your monthly expense on him?

Do you live alone or with parent? Or are you guys living together? I suspect this guy has a problem which you have refused to disclose to us. Do you know what'll become of him tomorrow because I believe no guy in his right frame of mind would be willing to rely on a lady. I believe the guy is educated because you're educated and wouldn't go down with an uneducated guy in the first place. So there's hope for him,
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by princekevo(m): 8:46pm On Sep 24, 2008
@to the post.
I hate women of ur type dying out of hypocrite.Pls did u ever ever tell anyone how many of the sex u have enjoyed from him?All u tell us is how much u have spent on him and how much u keep spending ,still yet u could not quit.This is a matter of choice u stay or u quit.U are old enough and i believe ur choice to stay with him after all these means that the advantages u get from the relationship is greater than the disadvantage.That is wht makes u a rational human bieng.So if opposite is the case and u still stick with him then u must be a hypocrite and i hate such a hypocritical attitude.Period!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by everinlove(m): 2:26am On Sep 25, 2008
Well done Joichi. If I may come in at this juncture, I’ll first of all ask this question, how have been coping before you got your job? Are trying to tell us here that this guy has never spent a kobo on you even before you got your job. You could be complaining now because you are spending on him, and it's not a big for someone you call your friend.

Remember, no condition is permanent in a man's life. So, stop ridiculing this man. This man might not be able to do any meaningful panning now because he is jobless and it'll always seem as if he is not serious at all, still he'll keep on demanding from you and to you. he's a parasite. We all know the condition of job in this country, that even after one has passed all the test and interviews in some companies, you still need to know one or two people to follow things up or connect you or else you might end up not getting that job. In some cases, there are so many people that wouldn't have been able to pass aptitude test for life but today they are working in some of the best companies in Nigeria because they have one or two connections. So give thanks to God for your job because it's not as if you're better than thousands of graduates out there jobless, but it's just God's favor, grace and mercies that has separated you. Stop saying he's 31 and you're 24. Be patient with that guy, you can still be assisting financially, but this time around, learn to be a bit cheerful and take things easy with him, by doing this, you're telling Gog that you can never become poor again in life and so shall it be. Also, call this guy and join hands with him in his job search by assisting him to spread his CVs, reaching out to one or two persons that can assist him and he might just end up securing one soonest.

Above all, I want both of you to go back to God and turn from your sinful nature. Rather than engaging yourselves in love making and enjoying sex, repent and go back to God in prayers and fasting, I tell you things will work for you. My sister, what you need is God. You must first of all embrace God and he will open the doors of blessings in your lives.

Don't dump this guy because he's jobless but rather, do one or two things to affect his life. The world is a small place and even, nobody knows tomorrow.

God bless you.

For prayers and counseling, you can mail me at wilimor@yahoo.com.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by kesgold(m): 5:56am On Sep 25, 2008
it will be better you walk away! But before you do, i will like you to call him to order and tell him to get a job not minding the kind of job to start with because it is not normal for a lady to spend on a guy for what? am a man and i dont find it comfortable collecting money from my girl. That is where you first loss your respect as a man for the woman. Women are made to assist and not to be helpers

You ask him to get a job, or better still to stand on a safer side, you help him look out for any job that he can be able to make some little money for himself. In that way he will know that making money is not easy then he will learn how to spend. Secondly if then he still continues and or refuse to work or look for a job, then my dearest lady i will advise you to move ahead and forget about your so called sexual pleasure.
They are a million and one men that are good in bed. Dont you ever think he has everything in this world. there are so many people out there that are better off. booth financially and sexually.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by ochiaha1(m): 8:51am On Sep 25, 2008
It seems you are both in a mutually beneficial relationship, you load his pocket and he satisfies your emotional urge  wink  grin

Seriously, you could help the guy do some form of re-training so that if he does not get a Job, then he can get a business to do on his own. For example, he could learn about forex trading which will over time give him financial Independence; he could go into cat-fish farming ,which does not require too much capital or space and is financially rewarding.

Please visit a financial consultant with your boyfriend as he will give you both more ideas on how to succed in business. Dont give up on the guy yet  cool
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by chiegemba(f): 8:58am On Sep 25, 2008
Problems!!!. . . . sounds 2 me dat he does satisfy u regardless of him not being able 2 provide financially. . . like u did mention d 1 gud thing his's gud in. . . . besides u gat 2 choose. . ."1 cant eat their cake and have it back again" aint possible!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by olukemih: 9:48am On Sep 25, 2008
Madam,

Are you waiting for Nairalanders to make up your mind for you.

Define what you want in this great relationship.

Then make your decision.

If your are sticking around because the guy is good in bed. You are a joker grin

Ask yourself is that (sex) what relationship or marriage is all about?

There is more to it. Ask anybody that is married wink

As you lay your bed, you lie on it.

Cheers smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Don't Start A Relationship With Any Guy Before He Becomes Your Friend / Guy proposes to his woman in a Lagos church with slides and poem (photos) / DJ Consequence Set To Wed (Pre-Wedding Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.