Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,945 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:31 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (503518 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 11:28am On Nov 27, 2006
Maureen

"Mourinho said: "United lost a big, big chance to open up six-point lead.

"We're not top like we want to be but three points is just one weekend. It's a better result for us than them.

"If I was in their place I would be very disappointed. We showed our power in the second half and that we are not sleeping," Mourinho added."

Fergie

"It was a big opportunity for us but we didn't get the breaks," said Ferguson.

Ferguson added: "But the most important thing is that we have proved we deserve to be in top place in the league.

"I am pleased at the performance and the effort they made."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6186238.stm

Who has the edge, my own view point

Maureen has the edge, as he said the scum could have put the nail in the coffin, but they didn't, and in life when you don't finish off your opponents, they come back to haunt you A la Anelka tongue

Lets see how the scum can maitain that 3 points lead, I still maintain, this Man United team is only flattering to decieve, and only time will prove me right.

Nice goal by Saha though (at both ends!!) grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by amodu(m): 11:32am On Nov 27, 2006
Nice goal by Saha though

He is a wonderful player.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 11:42am On Nov 27, 2006
amodu you are lucky he scored for you grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by amodu(m): 11:50am On Nov 27, 2006
If you say so
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by woleprof(m): 11:57am On Nov 27, 2006
*set to join thread*
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2006
there's a very very thin line between loving or hating louis saha.
that guy makes u happy on some days and just rips ur heart out the next moment.

i wont blame him for his second goal grin cos he clearly wanted to clear carvalhio's header. . . . . but one thing keeps comin to my head . . . .wat if he hadn't interfered? van der sar woulda covered it and manutd woulda gone to win. thats 6points clear off chelsea.

neways, stuff like that happen in football.

CONSISTENCY is wat manutd needs now. start all ova by beatin everton on wednesday and cover enough grounds in the december games, . . then maybe during the january transfer window, new bloods would be injected then we'll be stronger for the new year.

ONE UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by amodu(m): 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2006
Cudos to Saha
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstar1(m): 3:01pm On Nov 27, 2006
by now chelsea fans shd have woke up from there slumber. It was a great game from 2 world klas teams.United definately had d day. Scholesy n carrick n C.Ronaldo where very solid in that midfield while d defence was fantastic with 3omillionpounds shevy n the bully Drogba no where to b found.our attack was very creative n we shd have nailed chelsea to d cross. I respect chelsea for one thn n dats is there bench they have it n give it 2 dem. But all those playas r playas fregie cannot buy for more than 1million pounds. They r just waste of money. Shevy,ballack ,drogba n in d 1st half Essien taht i was thinking will marshal d midfield was nowhere to b found.

Despite all ur 200million pounds worth of playas the best u can b celebrating is a draw. The return will not be too different from wot we saw yesterday.

Kudos to the player they displayed good sportmanship after the game unlike their city neighbours.

Can't wait 2 c the return leg
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nuggard(m): 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2006
Jk,my thots on Saha.

To be honest I am no longer bothered about Saha. all I wanted was for him to show he is a fighter and I am glad he scored after the celtic fiasco.
If you were in his shoes and you scored an own goal wouldn't you work hard to vindicate your presence.Honestly I think he is a slow developer or just lacks confindence. If he had scored half of the clear chances he has missed he surely would have above 15 goals by now.

Beautiful goal, you should see the goals he scores in fifa 2004!Like 30 goals per season. cheesy
( yeah I know fifa 04 is like 2 years before you were born, it still keeps me happy though)

@superstar, hopefully u did not vote Ronaldo as the man of the match. His dribbling was awesome and even comic when at one time there were 4 chelski players on him.by the way,my man of the match was Carrick especially for his yellow card. keep em coming.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by woleprof(m): 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2006
Up utd we re stil on top despite all attack from different angles
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2006
@nuggard
saha sure lacks confidence infront of goal. the goals he scores are harder to score than the one he misses. . . (that guy is twisted). he really can be a thorn in any defence's flesh on his good day . . .but on his off days, he's just annoys me.

i think manutd needs another striker. not to replace saha, but to make him sit tighter and fight for his shirt. more like wats happening to drogba since shevy's arrival.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lalaboi(m): 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2006
*peeping*
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2006
@ nuggard,

JS Park Solskjaer and Rossi were greatly missed.
That was where we slipped in the match.
United didnt have the personnel to change the course of the match.

A'least we have proven we can match Chelsea despite their mercenaries.
Abrahamovic will be doing his calculations whether Ballack and Sheva's inclusion can land 'em any title this season.
Ferguson signed just one player and we looked good enough to challenge Chelski that bought from all corners of the world.

Shame on Chelski.
Its pay-back time and Chelski will chase and chase till we grab the title next season.
Lets show 'em Russian knuckle-heads what we are really made up of.
Sam Allardyce will do us a favour by robbing em some points and thats where the gap widens.
Arsene Wenger is the only bitch that will let Chelsea get easy points.
He will certainly field Senderos again now that Gallas might not be available and Gay-Drogba will get anutha hatrick.
As a matter of fact, Wenger is a cunt. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 10:00pm On Nov 27, 2006
Hmmn, gunners dont mind him o! He is only looking 4 our trouble, lol
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by candylips(m): 11:12pm On Nov 27, 2006
nothing for arsenal again though
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:22pm On Nov 27, 2006
@ Candylips,

You are flogging a dead horse.
Arsenal is off the map, radars cant find 'em. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tosinadeda: 11:31pm On Nov 27, 2006
Cant biliv dis is happening

cant even defend my team
@jackal et candylips
u guys will do me a lot of good by not rubbing in the pain more
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by candylips(m): 11:39pm On Nov 27, 2006
Jackal:

@ Candylips,

You are flogging a dead horse.
Arsenal is off the map, radars can't find 'em. grin

You are damn right . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2006
@ Tosinadeda,
Take the heat, dude.
I took more than this when Arsenal stole a victory at OT.
So stick with it.
The HEAT will stop if Arsenal wins their next game.

I am not happy Arsenal aint winning as well.
As a matter of fact, we stopped their UN-winning run when we allowed em grab 3 points at OT.
Besides, Arsenal's recent blip has greatly reduced the population of this sports thread.
Nightrider, SirKay, Vieira, Priscilla, Skintite, Lordimpaq have been missing because Arsenal refused to win games.
Can u beat that? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 1:51am On Nov 28, 2006
3 out of those 6 u mentioned still posted 2day, funny enuff Arsenal is still in contention cos a 13 points gap over 25 games does not guarantee u d league in November, what abt the heavy festive period? Best believe it Arsenal is down but not out
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by amodu(m): 8:12am On Nov 28, 2006
Nightrider, SirKay, Vieira, Priscilla, Skintite, Lordimpaq have been missing because Arsenal refused to win games.

They are not missing but on vacation grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by woleprof(m): 11:59am On Nov 28, 2006
:-x :-x :-x
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 12:53pm On Nov 28, 2006
fergie wants to sign jermain defoe!!!!!!

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_1719423,00.html

yeah, i know we need  a striker to put saha on his toes but is it in the class of defoe??
watever happened to torres, huntelaar . ,  . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 1:11pm On Nov 28, 2006
Here starts the argument; Saha vs Defoe, lol
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 1:28pm On Nov 28, 2006
nahhh. . , no arguments o

just a lil thing i saw and wanted to share with manutd fans.
my point is why buy defoe when u can get someting better for that price or less, . . . read he'll be going for 12million pounds.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 1:32pm On Nov 28, 2006
Ok, but between 2 of them who do u think is better and deadlier?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2006
@ Justkunmi,

Why do u always believe what u read on blogs and stuffs?
Ferguson will NEVER, i repeat, NEVER buy Jermaine Defoe.
Jermaine Defoe strugglin to get a first team shirt at Tottenham where Berbatov, Keane and Mido are the big gunz.
Please its even a disgrace to Man Utd when u start mentioning heads like Defoe in Man Utd.

United is looking outwards.
Torres/Huntelaar are more realistic that Defoe.
One of these days u will hear Fergie wants to sign Peter Crouch or Thierry Henry.
Those bollocks are just unsubstantiated rumours.
Defoe is too feeble to wear a United shirt.
End of story!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstar1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2006
Defoe for where?It is not Man U he is coming to but if he doesn't mind being turned into a training material like Mikel n SWP he is welcomed then!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 2:47pm On Nov 28, 2006
Well ehm undecided he once wanted to buy Paddy Viera, and who ever saw that one coming.

Lets face it, when coaches get to a certain age, they do strange things, i mean Le Prof signed Alex Song Till this day Arsenal supporters have no idea why. You might just be surprised to see danmcing Jermaine in AIG shirt, after all his fellow Spuddy is there (Carrick grin)

Anyway, guess not everyone is pleased that Adu is on trial with the Mancs

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1958569,00.html

Tell me, what does ADUuuuuuuuuuuu do that Dafoe can't (i mean they both didn't go to the WC, They are both Black grin)

January should be interesting cheesy

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 2:51pm On Nov 28, 2006
Haba Jackal, as if u were reading my mind! Defoe in a Man U shirt? Fergie never chew gum reach make hin forget hin senses naw!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2006
@ Kitaun,
No way in HELL will Defoe wear a United shirt.
Defoe my ass.
They are mere trash and OT faithfuls will call for Fergie's head if he thinks about it, let alone attempt to buy.

HURRAY!!!!!! HURRAY!!!!!!!!!! HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!
JS Park and Ole Solskjaer are back in training.
Park might feature in about a week and Ole is grinding a return by fotnight.
The injury ragged team is gradually taking shape.
How we missed the duo against the Soviet Spesnaz.

@ Loyika,
U cannot compare Adu to Defoe.
Defoe is 24 the last time i checked and he cannot get better than he is now.
I dont see him ever winning EPL's golden boot.

Adu the last time i checked is 17.
At 17, the world is at his feet and if he works hard, he can get where Rooney and Ronaldo are right now.
U cannot compare the prospects of Defoe to Adu.

The Patrick Vieira were just speculations.
The media made em all up.
If Fergie really wanted to sign Vieira, he would have gotten him with ease and loads less than 18 milla he paid for Carrick.
Ferguson don't just buy relics and what will Defoe add to United's attack.
Defoe is not even amongt the best 2 strikers at Spurs.
Pls + Pls +Pls, the British press should not force Defoe on us just like they wanted to force Michael Owen on Man Utd when he left Madrid.
The No.10 shirt Ruud lwon at Man Utd should be taken by a striker of his quality and not by a mediocre like Defoe.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2006
@jackal

i'm very much alive and monitoring things, its only because some schizo has been letting his tongue run loose these days,

but don't worry i'll handle it, the schizo knows himself,

Jackal just watch us demolish fulham tommorow,

ciao, peeps

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.