Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? (33999 Views)

Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? / Null / How 2 Make A Man Love You More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by bammidele(m): 7:15am On Jul 31, 2006
Nia:

tsk, tsk, tsk.  That your post read like a nervous finger terrified of the truth, lol. But good to know sey hin no be fear wey dey cause am.
is just that i can't remember the last time i was told the word,"FEAR" so, i don't get it , Don't you ever forget, pardon me if i'm getting personal but may be i need to remind you , you should be a Mother, a MOTHER for heaven sake all that Competition you want to get yourself into, it's uncall for , don't tell me you want to be the Father , i mean take for Example the marriage creed says i now Pronounce you ," MAN and Wife", have you ever ask your self why the Word MAN is mentioned and used , Read the Bible ,Read the Bible !!! we've digress a little bit but that's what forum is all about , i'm still not in support of men cheating on their wife
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by JayOJay(m): 7:18am On Jul 31, 2006
Stop argument now! Guys if u want to continue loving and cheating, try this one to commit suicide!   grin grin grin

That one no mean say e no dey happen o!  shocked

Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by mamaput(f): 7:22am On Jul 31, 2006
Not every body got married and not everybody believes in god.
And just do not start that you are a mother stuff. even a mother is alive and not a zombi
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Nia: 7:37am On Jul 31, 2006
bammidele:

is just that i can't remember the last time i was told the word,"FEAR" so, i don't get it , Don't you ever forget, pardon me if i'm getting personal but may be i need to remind you , you should be a Mother, a MOTHER for heaven sake all that Competition you want to get yourself into, it's uncall for , don't tell me you want to be the Father , i mean take for Example the marriage creed says i now Pronounce you ," MAN and Wife", have you ever ask your self why the Word MAN is mentioned and used , Read the Bible ,Read the Bible !!! we've digress a little bit but that's what forum is all about , i'm still not in support of men cheating on their wife
My brother, this is what I'm talking about when I say the Naija society does not respect individuality. You have made so many assumptions in your post based on what you think is normal and you don't even know me.

Nothing you have written has anything to do with the topic being discussed. Again, your post read like someone who is getting nervous because they know the truth. They understand that what is going is wrong and they are afraid that when the women begin to understand this, the men will be forced to do the right thing. It reads like someone who knows that it's only a matter of time before women "open eyes" and see what's going on.

We should stop pointing fingers and preaching at people, my brother, and stop shifting responsibilities to the wrong group of people (women). (Again, we have a brain and should not be afraid to use it). Instead, join/look at people like Seun, KelvinO and others who have chosen to speak fairly. Who knows, your name might go down in history, lol.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by mamaput(f): 7:40am On Jul 31, 2006
I meant to say not every one got married in church.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by zarah(f): 9:47am On Jul 31, 2006
I have noticed that it is mostly women who say 'NO A MAN SHOULD BE FAITHFUL IF IN LOVE' well me sha i know there is a difference AT LEAST to men, between love and sex, having sex with someone else doesn't mean you dont love ur partner and really alot of women know their husbands cheat but will tell you it's ok so long as it stays outside.

Now it's different for women MOST women associate sex and love and MOST cant have sex without love, so when a woman cheats it's different it's either she is getting back at you or is really interested in the other party meaning she is ready to leave you, for men they go catch like three outside, clean mouth, come home and still chop you sef, without even reflecting on wat they done outside. IF they are smart, and they know when to draw the line btw the two.

But women come to think of it, i know alot of men who are married, but are in love with someone else outside, but den still dey chop the wife wey dey house proly cos she has to be sexed. men are just generous with their kini dats their nature, women on the other hand are stingy with it especially when in love.

me sha i don chop people food, and people don chop my own. life goes on.

my opinion.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by bammidele(m): 9:54am On Jul 31, 2006
zarah:

I have noticed that it is mostly women who say 'NO A MAN SHOULD BE FAITHFUL IF IN LOVE' well me sha i know there is a difference AT LEAST to men, between love and sex, having sex with someone else doesn't mean you don't love your partner and really alot of women know their husbands cheat but will tell you it's ok so long as it stays outside.

Now it's different for women MOST women associate sex and love and MOST can't have sex without love, so when a woman cheats it's different it's either she is getting back at you or is really interested in the other party meaning she is ready to leave you, for men they go catch like three outside, clean mouth, come home and still chop you sef, without even reflecting on what they done outside. IF they are smart, and they know when to draw the line between the two.

But women come to think of it, i know alot of men who are married, but are in love with someone else outside, but den still dey chop the wife wey dey house proly because she has to be sexed. men are just generous with their kini that is their nature, women on the other hand are stingy with it especially when in love.

me sha i don chop people food, and people don chop my own. life goes on.

my opinion.
I HAIL YOU O! ALL THE WAY ! THESE THINGS HAPPENS , SHIT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME , DON'T MIND THAT NIA GETTING TOO SERIOUS FOR MY LIKING, "AH YA MAA FANG" LIKE THE CHINESE WILL SAY ,
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by JayOJay(m): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2006
@bammidele. The likes of the Nia, they do understand every word we've been using. The fact is that they hate the act SO MUCH so that they lost the cmprehension of the topic. They have allowed their emotion to carry them away into the fantasy Island! Hence it's so difficult for them to see that, all we are saying is This thing EXIST not that we LIKE it nor should it be entrenched deeper into the system. No blame them now!

@Zarah. Thank u 4 d true confession! wink grin
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Nia: 11:38am On Jul 31, 2006
@ bammidele
hmnn, now, it is getting too "serious"? My bad, thought you wanted to participate in the discussion, not just put out some rhetorics and propaganda and hope everyone swallows it hook, line and sinker. Anyway, make both of una relax small. Na so that Jay-o-jay just they come in out with random things, lol. ol boy, calm down small. I know the thing dey pain some people reach bone, but that's the beauty of a civilized (cyber) society: Respecting different views. Cheers.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by shafisball(m): 11:57am On Jul 31, 2006
can a man love a woman and cheat on her?
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by JayOJay(m): 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2006
@Nia.  Thank God say una u don relax.  It's a free world.  All u guys make the forum very interesting! I enjoyed your contributions.  Chao!  wink wink wink
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Greycells(m): 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2006
We romanticize this love thing.Love is conditional. Very very. Even that between mother and child.

A pointer in that direction is the Yoruba cliche that says ' Ko si iya were' (this means 'the insane has no mother'. Every mother has favourite child and that even changes after heer wards become grown up. In most cases, the most affluent becomes the favourite child. That is as far as that goes.

Love in every relationship is conditional. Very conditional, I say! We all love for one reason or the other. You love a guy, maybe, for his prospects, for his cool looks, for his personality and other intangible value.

Our beaus here, why do many of you prefer to love within your station and not below it. I am sure we do not have anyone of us dating a leper, hunchback, cripple, deaf & dumb or any other person with physical deformities.
Love, in its altrustic sense has not been experienced on this plane, like it was when Jesus the Christ, was around some 2006 years ago.

We all love according the proddings of our ego. Once we cease to behold the attribute we love to behold in the confessed love of our life, the rest, as they say is history.

Love is conditional and that is why both the men and womenfolk love their partners for one reason and continue to cheat them and cheat on them for other reasons. ;DThe size of our ego is the measure of our love grin[b][/b]
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by faa(f): 3:12pm On Jul 31, 2006
G-reycells:

We romanticize this love thing.Love is conditional. Very very. Even that between mother and child.

A pointer in that direction is the Yoruba cliche that says ' Ko si iya were' (this means 'the insane has no mother'. Every mother has favourite child and that even changes after heer wards become grown up. In most cases, the most affluent becomes the favourite child. That is as far as that goes.

Love in every relationship is conditional. Very conditional, I say! We all love for one reason or the other. You love a guy, maybe, for his prospects, for his cool looks, for his personality and other intangible value.

Our beaus here, why do many of you prefer to love within your station and not below it. I am sure we do not have anyone of us dating a leper, hunchback, cripple, deaf & dumb or any other person with physical deformities.
Love, in its altrustic sense has not been experienced on this plane, like it was when Jesus the Christ, was around some 2006 years ago.

We all love according the proddings of our ego. Once we cease to behold the attribute we love to behold in the confessed love of our life, the rest, as they say is history.

Love is conditional and that is why both the men and womenfolk love their partners for one reason and continue to cheat them and cheat on them for other reasons. ;DThe size of our ego is the measure of our love grin[b][/b]

My friend, I do not share your opinion that love is conditional. I'm sure if you really loved someone, you would not have made such a statement.

But back to the topic of discussion. When you love someone as in for who they are, there's no way you'll cheat on them. I mean you'll fight the temptation. Naija men should learn how to love one woman through thick and thin. Men are not just made up of joysticks. I'm sure if you all searched yourselves you'd find something interesting.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by twinkledew(f): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2006
this is a joke. it is very possible. I dont think a gurl with cheat on the bloke they love but guys will.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by itismd(m): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2006
[quote][/quote]faa: but 1 thing I'm sure of is that when you are in love with a woman you do not have eyes for another. If you find yourself wishing for other women then you are not in love. You just love the idea of someone loving you. I don't know why anyone would say yes to this question. Just imagine your father doing the same thing to your mum or your brother- in- law to your sister, the next time you feel like cheating on your woman.

that a good one. i dont think anyone has any other thing to say about this[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=8pt][/size].
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by mamaput(f): 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2006
I do.

ARE most of them not doing it
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Cleofel(f): 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2006
@mamaput
u r rite
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Trev(f): 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2006
Hey,
Let’s look for Adams grave, dig him up and flog his skeleton grin after all if he didn’t fall for the seduction, men would have been so committed and true. But you babes should understand that its not their fault, their are just too many sweet looking, lips begging babes out their to ignore just like their are some tempting,hot,hard looking guys out their who cant be ignored. So my policy? Check them out, a-s,chest, then face just like your guy does cos i believe in one rule, 1+1=2 , EQUATION BALANCED abi? wink
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Idekeson(m): 1:05am On Aug 01, 2006
All man-made ideas like marriage and relationships are bound to fail each time a man let his guard down and act true to nature- an animal specie.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by asscend: 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2006
Why do sex topics have the largest view? This topic has almost 2000 views. U sex mad community. I hope u contribute to other topics d way u are all being experts in the sex thing, Naira land operatives, I think u should start charging for any sex related topic on this forum. U will be billonaires in under a year going by the hit rate of this topic and previous ones.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by twinkey: 11:18pm On Aug 01, 2006
[b][/b]HELL NO!!!!!!
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Idekeson(m): 2:49am On Aug 02, 2006
asscend:

Naira land operatives, I think u should start charging for any sex related topic on this forum. U will be billionaires in under a year going by the hit rate of this topic and previous ones.

Not a bad idea. Seun?
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by divadarlin(f): 6:46am On Aug 02, 2006
All men do not cheat. Only cheaters say that and only insecure women accept that. AIDS IS REAL
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by DAMMYGLOW(f): 10:05am On Aug 02, 2006
of course
only a few can stay with just one patner
i repeat only a few
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by michy(f): 10:19am On Aug 02, 2006
its very possible.he might cheat just for fun
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by ayoeze11(m): 10:36am On Aug 02, 2006
@Michy, when you are in love you are having fun, so there is no need cheating for fun, when you cheat you are not in love
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Cleofel(f): 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2006
i agree with u
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Justmoi(f): 8:11am On Aug 04, 2006
It is not possible for a man to love his wife and cheat on her.

divadarlin:

, Only cheaters say that and only insecure women accept that. AIDS IS REAL

I totally agree.

Btw, good job @ Nia and Faa.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Justmoi(f): 8:53am On Aug 04, 2006
For all those talking about hens, cocks, lions and  making animal analogies, here is something to ponder.

Female chimpanzees are promiscuous and sleep with numerous partners while in heat. In adaptation, male chimpanzees grew huge testicles and release copious amounts of sperm all in an attempt to increase their chances of being the father.

Examples of females not being monagamous abound in the animal kingdom. E.g the bonobo's, macaque's (sp), countless bird species etc etc

New technologies, such as DNA testing, have given us insight into female sexual behavior in the wild that was once only guessed about, and guessed about quite incorrectly.

", recent genetic paternity tests conducted on a wide variety of bird species have confirmed that extra-pair fertilizations are far from rare." 2

"The fathers not only lived outside the study sample, but included males that the observers had never ever seen the female traveling with, much less mating with." 4

"Even in Chimpanzees it seems that females have more choice than observers (and presumably their own males) suspect. DNA tests of chimps born in Christophe Boesch's troop in the Tai Forest of the Ivory Coast showed that 7 of 13 troop offspring were sired by males outside the community. This means that females were successively sneaking away unseen to find partners elsewhere,  it suggests that all the herding, corralling, fighting, and seducing by chimp community males still may not succeed in limiting females' choices."

And we see that sexual loyalty to a mate is no more natural in females than in males:[color=#770077][/color]"In fact, fidelity is a phenomenon that seems to occur only when males can impose it on females, either directly through their greater social power or brute force, or indirectly through controlling the resources that females and their offspring require. In sexually egalitarian societies like those of bonobos and marquis, females have both less fear from males and more equal access to resources than do most other female primates. The fact that the most liberal attitudes toward human sexuality are found in societies where women have similarly independent social status and economic means is entirely consistent with the broader patterns across primates" 2

I DO NOT CONDONE CHEATING BY HUMAN MALES OR FEMALES. This is just in response to those who seek to make animal analogies and imply that it is just a physical thing for men. If one were to follow the same FAULTY REASONING, then it is just a physical thing too for women.

The male of the species need to recharge/replenish after each  after one sexual encounter. Females don't and can keep going , including with multiple partners. Are we to now say that women were built to cheat? NO!

Humans have very large brains and in my opinion are very different from the lesser animals , A man who loves his wife will not cheat on her and vice versa. All this talk about men being able to cheat, while loving their spouses is just an attempt to justify selfish behavior. Trying to use an animal analogy to make a case for that, is pointless because there are numerous other examples to counteract the point that you are trying to make.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Vieira(m): 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2006
JustMoi, the point were your argument falls down is the fact than Mankind's past has followed the example of the hens moreso than your examples.

Look at the history of humans and you'll see that polygamous behaviour among the men in the past is well established as oppossed to polygamous behaviour among the women.

No one is trying to justify anything, it was asked IF IT IS POSSIBLE.

If the question was IS IT RIGHT, then that is another argument.

But you ladies are equating the possibility of someone loving you and yet being ABLE to cheat with ACTUALLY cheating and saying it is okay.

I agree with everyone that CHEATING is NOT RIGHT but that is not what we are debating.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Vieira(m): 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2006
another point:

why are so many women answering this question on behalf of men?

No ladies should pretend to know what a man feels or is capable of.

I would not be qualified to answer the question if it was about women, so why do you ladies think you know what it means to be a male??
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by charm01(m): 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2006
A lot of men who cheat on their wives are those who would kill whoever it is that gravitates toward their wives unnecessarily.Why?Because they love their wives with a passion!For real n9ja men they call them "my queen".So the problem of extramarital affair is not necessarily lack of true love from men but covetousness and probably lack of discipline and of course seeming temptations, may God help us!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Fiancee Switches Off Her Phone Whenever She's With Me. What Should I Do? / Adorable Pre-wedding Photos Of One Legged Man And His Bride / Stay Away From My Wife-husband Calls Out Man Toasting His Wife On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.