Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,157 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156334 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:59pm On Oct 29, 2015
FT
Mali 3-0 Korea DPR
Croatia 2-0 Germany (we can now rate Croatia)

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:
so they were this tactically sound and they couldn't win the same USA that everyone beat? Couldn't win Chile also? Abi na only against Nigeria their tactics dey show? Did you watch their other games or is it just one game you've already seen these things?

Like Icon4s said, don't let the Nigerian game fool you. If Croatia can scale Germany, then we can rate them. A team that couldn't win Chile and USA when there was no pressure, does not qualify as a 'contender'...even South Korea that won Brazil should be rated above them

safarigirl....... Where are youuuuuuu??
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:
FT

Mali 3-0 Korea DPR

Who are the 'we'.??...

I put my money where my mouth is babe.
Guess what? I did something I've not done before and you motivated me to do it.

It's gone be a gooood weekend.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
gbosaa:

safarigirl....... Where are youuuuuuu??
right above you. My condition was met, you don't get to gloat

Croatia vs. Mali next, one strong team must go.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:
right above you. My condition was met, you don't get to gloat

Croatia vs. Mali next, one strong team must go.

I don't really care about them.

They made me some money.

Thank you Croatia, thank you Mali.

There are some boys from Croatia that i,d bet to follow the foot steps of Tony Kroos.
I think Moro would be great.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
gbosaa:

Who are the 'we'.??...

I put my money where my mouth is babe.
Guess what? I did something I've not done before and you motivated me to do it.

It's gone be a gooood weekend.
I know that all of you only read my posts here so you can say a girl was wrong, but I do believe Icon4s and a couple of others also agreed to rate Croatia only after the game against Germany.... in fact, he made that statement before I did.

so, why don't you go back and find the others to gloat.....

We never said they aren't good, we said we'd need more than the game against Nigeria to rate them as contenders

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:17pm On Oct 29, 2015
gbosaa:

I don't really care about them.

They made me some money.

Thank you Croatia, thank you Mali.

There are some boys from Croatia that i,d bet to follow the foot steps of Tony Kroos.
I think Moro would be great.
don't waste your bets. A lot of people pipped Berisha to follow Zlatan's steps, where is he today?

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:
don't waste your bets. A lot of people pipped Berisha to follow Zlatan's steps, where is he today?

If I see you, I'll buy you a bottle of zobo and kilishi.

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
Croatia have just shown that we were in a tough group.

Imagine Two teams from the "group of death" being knocked out.... "Australia and Germany."

Anyway, It's Croatia vs Mali in the Quarters.... One must go unfortunately........ *smiles*

That Croatian no.10 (Moro) is truly turning out to be a class act. Fine player he is.

Germany's no.9 (Eggestein) didn't come to the party today. So he exits with 4 gls.

****will come back to add small info to this space after the france vs C/rica and Ecuador vs mexico games****
........................................................................................

Well, I said I'll be back...... *smiles*

Of all my "initial" top 4 picks..... Only Nigeria remains..... France (ran out of goals) is out..... Germany (eggestein went on holidays) is out
........ And Korea republic( forgot their "clean sheetometer"wink is out......

My other two picks based on "reputation" are still in, Brazil and Mexico...... And Nigeria face one of them, Brazil.......

My probable pick was mali.

Well, this tournament just "GOT MORE EXCITING" AND "A LITTLE UNPREDICTABLE"....... Now Nigeria and France are tied on 14 goals but France is "GONE"....

If u ask me, I'll say it's Nigeria's trophy to lose.... If or when Nigeria scale the Brazil hurdle, then the final beckons.... And a Croatia or mali side (or maybe by surprise a costa rican side) will await us there. BUT FIRST, BRAZIL MUST BE CROSSED.... AFTER WHICH, MEXICO/ECUADOR await in the semis..... THIS TOURNAMENT HAVE BEEN REALLY FULL OF SURPRISES...... BUT IT MAY JUST HAVE BEEN "NIGERIA'S TOURNAMENT" ALL ALONG...... That, time will tell...... *smiles*

November 1st.... *loading*

safarigirl:
FT

Mali 3-0 Korea DPR

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 11:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hahahaha Germany is out........ Not really surprised, I stated this on our Nigeria vs Australia thread this morning.

Badosqi:
The hardest nut in this tournament after Nigeria is France(you don't expect me to rate them above our boys na ooo). Clinical in front of goal and a compact team.

Don't take any thing away from the Croats because they are really a good team and I won't be surprised if they beat the germans tomorrow. They defeated us in August this year and again in our group match yes we had qualified already but they actually outplayed us completely in that game.
Many said if they are dat gud why couldn't they defeat the americans, they outplayed the americans too came back 4rm 2 goals to drew 2-2 missed lots of chances, hit the post twice. The only problem with the Croats is they do not score much.
Remember about 9 of their players are in dinamo zabreb team, so the team work is there already.

They may just defeat germany tomorrow, I don't want us to meet them again but if we must meet them we should meet again the final.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:
I know that all of you only read my posts here so you can say a girl was wrong, but I do believe Icon4s and a couple of others also agreed to rate Croatia only after the game against Germany.... in fact, he made that statement before I did.

We never said they aren't good, we said we'd need more than the game against Nigeria to rate them as contenders

Do not let him bother you too much. You were absolutely right to wait before rating the Croatians. You can not use one good game to judge a side.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 30, 2015
safarigirl:

I've always thought that they had a good team, I watched their group stage matches and thought they were unlucky in front of the goal. They have not lost either.

My opinion about them was reinforced by the last match against Nigeria. Like I said earlier, it would take a very good side to upset the Eaglets who paraded their regulars. Anybody saying that the eaglets lost that match because they had already qualified would be very wrong.
Croatia is a good side irrespective of what happens in their next match. I'm not gloating and didn't quote you because you were female posting your opinion about football. I respect your opinions and knowledge on football.

Remember you quoted me first and I thought this is the time to remind you about that plus I won me some £480...wooohooo.. cool
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 12:46am On Oct 30, 2015
HT

Russia 1-2 Ecuador

France 0-0 Costa Rica

All the IGG wey France been dey do for those yeye countries for their group don end. Time to separate the contenders from the distractions.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 1:31am On Oct 30, 2015
Ecuador should be through to the next round....they're winning 3-1 after 75 minutes

France still playing a goalless draw with Costa Rica
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 1:54am On Oct 30, 2015
FT

Russia 1-4 Ecuador

Ecuador will play Mexico in the Q/finals

Costa Rica win on penalties (5-3)

For all the 14 group stage goals you'd expect more from France.

Costa Rica plays Belgium in the Quarter finals

2 South American teams left- Brazil, Ecuador

2 African teams- Mali. Nigeria

2 European teams left- Belgium, Croatia

2 North/Central American teams- Mexico, Costa Rica

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 30, 2015
safarigirl:
FT

Russia 1-4 Ecuador

Ecuador will play Mexico in the Q/finals

France vs CRC moving to penalties as it is

Costa Rica won...

No 10 for France ballooned his over the bar.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:11am On Oct 30, 2015
gbosaa:

Costa Rica won...

No 10 for France ballooned his over the bar.
was modifying when you quoted. Thanks
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 3:02am On Oct 30, 2015
Hahahahahahaha..... Germany out, South Korea out and France out. 3 yeye pretenders kicked out of the tournament now we are left with Croatia(that is if they can get past the impressive Mali) the real danger to our fifth title.
Croatia is on an unbeaten run of 15 or 16 matches now and they've defeated us twice already in a space of 3 months, forget that we've already qualified excuse. No team will go to a tournament and will be happy to record a loss. We were completely outplayed by the croats from ball possession to corner kicks to shots. But the croatians hardly score much in their games.

I am sure Amuneke and our boys must have learnt their lesson and will be good to go if we get to meet the Croatians again.

Well, a step at a time we have brazil to knockout first and let see Mali and Croatia battle too. I must support mali, we be African brothers not just AB but also West African Brothers.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 3:25am On Oct 30, 2015
@ Badosqi, apart from Brazil, there is Mexico on the way before you get to Croatia/Mali.

Don't forget that anything can happen along the way. Belgium/CRC might not be an easy obstacle for Mali/Croatia.

If Mali beats Croatia, I think they will get to the finals. They play like under 20. I will be worried about them especially their no 18 shirt, Amadou Haidara. He is intelligent and has got bombs on his feet.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:13am On Oct 30, 2015
Mali looks very formidable. In the next few years, Mali should have an exceptional national team because they are churning out good youngsters.

Nigeria does not have too many individual talents this year. Chikwelue and Nwakali were with the Manu's team at some point, then we have Osimhen. Those are the three outstanding players. Apart from Osimhen, Amuneke did not find any spectacular talent. Chikwelue and Nwakali had already been discovered though they were too young to make the last team.

We need to get Manu to work with the under 17 in the scouting process. Left to me, he should have remained in under 17 because you know that he will find exceptional talents.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 7:30am On Oct 30, 2015
gbosaa:
@ Badosqi, apart from Brazil, there is Mexico on the way before you get to Croatia/Mali.

Don't forget that anything can happen along the way. Belgium/CRC might not be an easy obstacle for Mali/Croatia.

If Mali beats Croatia, I think they will get to the finals. They play like under 20. I will be worried about them especially their no 18 shirt, Amadou Haidara. He is intelligent and has got bombs on his feet.
Our path to the final seems the hardest. We are meeting Brazil the 3-time winner of the competition and if we make it through, we may likely meet our 2013 UAE wife and another U-17 2-time champ Mexico...

We will likely see the winner between Mali and Croatia in the final, this one is just too hard to predict. Can belgium or Costa Rica cause more upset, well I love upsets and I'll love to see more from that path(Mali/Croatia vs Belgium/Costa Rica) to the final.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:20am On Oct 30, 2015
safarigirl:

My sister, no need to start defending what is or what is not. Ur stance was clear and right. U dnt judge a team based on one match only. I recall we said let us watch them play against Germany before knowing where to place them. There are some countries that have a fine pedigree when it comes to U17s or youth Championships and Croatia is not one of them (although some 1 or 2 Countries usually spring surprises once in a while). So, one is right to be conservative when rating a team like Croatia.

Croatia has done well by beating Germany lets see how they square up against Mali.

Meanwhile I am more concerned about Brazil as we don't have a good record against Brazil at all levels of football.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 30, 2015
Badosqi:
Our path to the final seems the hardest. We are meeting Brazil the 3-time winner of the competition and if we make it through, we may likely meet our 2013 UAE wife and another U-17 2-time champ Mexico...

We will likely see the winner between Mali and Croatia in the final, this one is just too hard to predict. Can belgium or Costa Rica cause more upset, well I love upsets and I'll love to see more from that path(Mali/Croatia vs Belgium/Costa Rica) to the final.

When the eaglets met the Brazilians at the suwon youth tournament in South Korea. Kingsley Micheal and Agor scored against them only to concede a goal through Enogela.

I think we will have a not too difficult game with them if the eaglets get their acts together.

I'd like to see Bamgboye, Chukwueze run at them on the franks. I think the Brazilians struggle a bit when they are stretched on the wings. Their full backs seem vulnerable. If Nwakali, Enogela etc can play like they did in the last match against the Aussies, eaglets just whoop them convincingly.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:25am On Oct 30, 2015
Badosqi:

The other way is not easier either. Would u have preferred we played Mali in the Q/Final? Dnt rule out Belgium as u recall they played 1-1 with Mali at the grp stage. And for Costa-Rica to hold the rampaging French team to a 0-0 draw at regulation time it means they are a good side too.

For me I think the tournament just really started. Days of 5-0, 5-1,6-0 wins are over I think.We are facing the real contenders now.

I would love a Nigeria Mali final!
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 9:08am On Oct 30, 2015
gbosaa:

When the eaglets met the Brazilians at the suwon youth tournament in South Korea. Kingsley Micheal and Agor scored against them only to concede a goal through Enogela.

I think we will have a not too difficult game with them if the eaglets get their acts together.

I'd like to see Bamgboye, Chukwueze run at them on the franks. I think the Brazilians struggle a bit when they are stretched on the wings. Their full backs seem vulnerable. If Nwakali, Enogela etc can play like they did in the last match against the Aussies, eaglets just whoop them convincingly.
Yeah the main point is if we get our acts together. Eaglets should not underate the brazilians, yes they've been struggling in most of their games but versus Nigeria is a different ball game. World number 1 vs world number 2 in U-17..,4-time champ vs 3-time champ.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by klexycole(m): 9:16am On Oct 30, 2015
Icon4s:

The other way is not easier either. Would u have preferred we played Mali in the Q/Final? Dnt rule out Belgium as u recall they played 1-1 with Mali at the grp stage. And for Costa-Rica to hold the rampaging French team to a 0-0 draw at regulation time it means they are a good side too.

For me I think the tournament just really started. Days of 5-0, 5-1,6-0 wins are over I think.We are facing the real contenders now.

We're Getting Stronger By The Day...We Can Do It.Apparently,In This Tourney,We Are Better Than Brazil.
We Just Need To Maintain Being The Defending Champion,We Must Not Respect The Brazilians Too Much On The Pitch.

ITS TIME TO SEPARATE THE BOYS FROM THE MEN.
THE REAL TOURNEY JUST COMMENCED.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 9:27am On Oct 30, 2015
Icon4s:

Belgium boys were just lucky to play that day. Mali had 26 attempts against belgium's 2, Mali had 15 shot off target against Belgium's 2 and 6 shots on target against Belgium's 0. Mali squandered lot of chances that day but they've stepped up their game now. Ecuador sef defeated them. I am sure Belgium will not want to meet Mali if they are lucky to reach semi-final.

They struggled to make it out of the group as a 3rd place team with 4 points behind Mali and Ecuador.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:36am On Oct 30, 2015
Brazil is the weakest team in this round. Luck has been pushing them, they're relatively weak compared to past sets.

Mali and Croatia should be one to watch, toughest draw this round

I secretly hope for a Croatian win
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 10:38am On Oct 30, 2015
One medal already for our boys. Osimhen with 7 goals will be bringing home the golden boot. His closest rival from germany Egglesten with 4 goals is out.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by klexycole(m): 11:30am On Oct 30, 2015
Badosqi:
One medal already for our boys. Osimhen with 7 goals will be bringing home the golden boot. His closest rival from germany Egglesten with 4 goals is out.
I Hope Chukwuenze And Nwakali Continue Their Goal Scoring Mission So As To Cover Up For Osimehn.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:53am On Oct 30, 2015
klexycole:
I Hope Chukwuenze And Nwakali Continue Their Goal Scoring Mission So As To Cover Up For Osimehn.
Chukwueze is 3rd on the log, behind Eggestein with 3 goals and 2 assists, one more and he'll go second. Nwakali is 6th.

Nobody can catch Osimehn at the top
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by hismail1(m): 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2015
safarigirl:
Brazil is the weakest team in this round. Luck has been pushing them, they're relatively weak compared to past sets.

Mali and Croatia should be one to watch, toughest draw this round

I secretly hope for a Croatian win
Even their past sets have been relatively average especially at this age group. The last time they had a good team was in 2005 when they played in the final.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.