Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (155935 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by adegwurulez(m): 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
Icon4s:

U mean "Chakweza"? grin

That John Lazarus boy is a Trojan. He operates on a very high horse power. He has all the qualities of a modern right back-just like Hector Belerin of Arsenal. He is one of my favorite players of this tourney along with Osimhen, Udoh and "Chakweza".
Lol. They should just pick one ibo guy to run our future commentaries.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
adegwurulez:

Lol. They should just pick one ibo guy to run our future commentaries.

He is pronounces "Osimhen" as "Oshimhen"

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
This Bamigboye don put us in wahala, can you imagine hand of god when we were already up 3 goals smh Amunike should cane that boy lol. Once he got the card he showed remorse so i know this isn't a bad child maybe a little mischievous but who wasn't at 15 or 16?
The young man shall learn but for now we will miss a very important player. He might be a loose cannon but he plays good ball for his team, to me he was missed much against Croatia.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
So, this is the Victor Osimhen some misguided people say is 25 abi?
This will be my latest picture to counter foolish arguments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by suaveman(m): 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
[quote author=safarigirl post=39614013]So, this is the Victor Osimhen some misguided people say is 25 abi?
This will be my latest picture to counter foolish arguments. [r/quote]
Na fine boy self

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
safarigirl:
So, this is the Victor Osimhen some misguided people say is 25 abi?

This will be my latest picture to counter foolish arguments.

They may be misguided but it is a normal thing for people to have such opinion when a child is so far ahead of his peer especially with him being so tall. When i was 12 people always told my mom i had to be older and that wasn't because I had any skills to write home about it was just my height that gave people the impression.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria U17
Osimhen a goal away from all-time World Cup record
[/size]
Nigeria U17 star striker Victor Osimhen is now just a goal away from matching the all-time goals record of nine goals in the FIFA U17 World Cup.

The gangling striker has scored eight goals in the on-going FIFA U17 World Cup in Chile and he is just a goal shy of the record jointly held by France Florentine Sinama Pongolle and Souleyman Coulibally of Mali in 2001 and 2008 respectively.

Osimhen has already equaled the eight goals of Germany's Marcel Witecczek in China 1985.

His class has not been in doubt against three-time champions and could even have set a new World Cup record in that game but he was denied by Brazil goalkeeper Juliano, who made at least point-blank saves against the gangling No.9.

Osimhen is the highest scoring Nigeria player at the FIFA U17 World Cup and he will be the third Nigeria player to win the top scorer award at the competition after Wilson Oruma at Japan 1993 with six goals and Macauley Chrisantus at Korea 2007 with seven goals.
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/581521/Osimhen-a-goal-away-from-all-time-World-Cup-record

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria U17
Brazil win has boosted our World Cup hopes - Amuneke
[/size]
Golden Eaglets of Nigeria coach Emmanuel Amuneke has stated his team’s 3-0 win over Brazil in the quarterfinal of the FIFA U17 World Cup in Chile is a massive boost to their title aspirations.

Amuneke said the team played well and deserve to beat favourites Brazil.

"Is not like we scored three goals and that was it. Before that, our side had 15 very good minutes, when they moved the ball around as we knew they could,” said the former Barcelona star.

“You have to give credit to my kids, who were tranquil and kept their cool to deal with the Brazil pressure and then scored at the right time.

“For them, to beat Brazil is a big confidence boost. We still have a long way to the title, though."

Brazil coach Carlos Amadeu, on the other hand, said his team lost to Nigeria because they failed to put away their chances.

He said Nigeria utilised their chances and that was the difference.

"We knew it was important for us to make the most of our opportunities, especially if we dominated the game at some point, but we didn't,” he lamented.

“Their goals were scored in only five minutes because of specific chances, not because we were not balanced. We would like to have put Nigeria behind on the scoreboard, but we failed to score.

“For these kids, everything that has happened here is part of their learning process."
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/581524/Brazil-win-has-boosted-our-World-Cup-hopes-Amuneke

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
FIFA Technical Study Group Hail Amuneke’s Eaglets Tactics
[/size]
The FIFA Technical Study Group (TSG) have hailed the tactical savvy of the Golden Eaglets after their 3-0 semi-final win against Brazil.

Thenff.com reports that Desmond Curry, a member of the TSG, had sought out Amuneke to shed more light on his tactics which has confounded opposing teams at the Chile 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup.

The Eaglets, according to Curry, have brought to bear a new trend with varied styles and deployment of players when ‘having or not having the ball,’ hence the need for clarification.

“Sincerely, we (TSG panel) have tried to understand the tactics you are using but it is confusing,” Curry told Amuneke.

“I have done some of your matches here but it is unusual to see a Number 10 (Kelechi Nwakali) playing deep as much as we have seen your player here.

“This is a new trend and we are going to include some of your explanations in the Technical Report of the championship because the tactical approach of your team stands out.”

The TSG was introduced 49 years ago by FIFA at the 1966 FIFA World Cup England and current Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh was on the panel at the last FIFA U-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates.

The Eaglets will take on Mexico or Ecuador in Thursday's semi-final.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/fifa-technical-study-group-hail-amunekes-eaglets-tactics/

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hahahahahahaha....... I once posted earlier after the Nigeria/Chile game an article from fifa.com saying how impressed chilean coaches and other coaches were with our style NOT BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND IT BUT because IT'S "SUPER EFFECTIVE" AND THE "RESULTS" ARE THERE FOR ALL TO SEE......

The coaches were even asking if they could try adapt this style for Chilean football. Even the croats were considered too......

Now They're back again........ Hahahahaha.... Abeg.. Amuneke.... Reveal nothing "detailed" until we've secured the title...... **smiles**

After that, we can share it all with the world.... Even someone on this thread said, "THIS TEAM IS STRANGE......." I laughed when I saw that. But I'm not too surprised.... I've always said that the way this team is set up plus their "tactical discipline" and awareness makes them hard to beat.......

I also said the same thing the TSG picked up..... That Nwakali (an Amf- a 10) is operating as a deep-lying playmaker........ The "pirlo" role....... While Enogela takes up defensive duties in midfield.....

But seriously, I really understand their "Confusion"......... **smiles** Makes it all the more interesting..........

terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]
The FIFA Technical Study Group (TSG) have hailed the tactical savvy of the Golden Eaglets after their 3-0 semi-final win against Brazil.

Thenff.com reports that Desmond Curry, a member of the TSG, had sought out Amuneke to shed more light on his tactics which has confounded opposing teams at the Chile 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup.

The Eaglets, according to Curry, have brought to bear a new trend with varied styles and deployment of players when ‘having or not having the ball,’ hence the need for clarification.

“Sincerely, we (TSG panel) have tried to understand the tactics you are using but it is confusing,” Curry told Amuneke.

“I have done some of your matches here but it is unusual to see a Number 10 (Kelechi Nwakali) playing deep as much as we have seen your player here.

“This is a new trend and we are going to include some of your explanations in the Technical Report of the championship because the tactical approach of your team stands out.”

The TSG was introduced 49 years ago by FIFA at the 1966 FIFA World Cup England and current Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh was on the panel at the last FIFA U-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates.

[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/fifa-technical-study-group-hail-amunekes-eaglets-tactics/

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015
Brazil Nigeria
Full-time
0-3
OSIMHEN29'
MICHAEL30'
ANUMUDU34'

Quotes: Brazil-Nigeria
[/size]

"We knew it was important for us to make the most of our opportunities, especially if we dominated the game at some point, but we didn't. Their goals were scored in only five minutes because of specific chances, not because we were not balanced.

We would like to have put Nigeria behind on the scoreboard, but we failed to score. For these kids, everything that has happened here is part of their learning process,"Carlos Amadeu, Brazil coach.

"Is not like we scored three goals and that was it. Before that our side had 15 very good minutes, when they moved the ball around as we knew they could. You have to give credit to my kids, who were tranquil and kept their cool to deal with the Brazil pressure and then scored at the right time.

For them, to beat Brazil is a big confidence boost. We still have a long way to the title, though,"Emmanuel Amuneke, Nigeria coach.
[/b]

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271779/match=300298405/quotes.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Croatia Mali
Full-time
0-1

Quotes: Croatia-Mali
[/size]

“In the first half we did not play as we should have played against a team like Mali. In the second half we could play our style of quick passes, but we didn’t show the level of the previous matches and we did not deserve to win today.

We have made big strides. We are a small country but could reach this stage and had a good tournament. Anyway, I’m really sad, because I sincerely think that we lost a big opportunity. My feeling here, especially after beating Nigeria and Germany was that we could go the whole way.
Maybe not winning, but staying until the end,"Dario Basic, Croatia coach.

“It was a great match, Croatia are a really tough side and very good tactically, so my players finished the match exhausted. Thanks to the goal we scored we could win and go to the semi-final. We have reached the semi-final, that’s not an opportunity given to everyone and this is the result of our hard work during the last few years.

Our first goal was reaching the semi-finals but the main objective is winning the tournament.

People in Mali are very passionate about football we need to win the trophy for them,"Baye Ba, Mali coach.
[/b]

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271779/match=300298380/quotes.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

[/b]

I guess we might have found our Guardiola. The true tactical genius. A lot of praise goes to the players but the ground work of this team is exceptional. I pray Amuneke grows and achieves greater things in football.

Fly Eaglets Fly.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I guess we might have found our Guardiola. The true tactical genius. A lot of praise goes to the players but the ground work of this team is exceptional. I pray Amuneke grows and achieve greater things in football.

Fly Eaglets Fly.
what is so confounding,is their ability to find the net repeatedly with little or no flair.

There is no beauty in the way these guys play like you may see with the Malian team or the 2013 set, yet, they score a lot, but the Malian team is short on goals....

It's just a really odd form of getting results because their style of play is common in defensive teams, but these guys don't park buses.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by linked: 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
Osimhen is a cheat....
Nigeria playing with Osimhen isn't fair play...
The guy is too strong...he is a two in one...

Nigeria should henceforth play with 10 visible players whenever they have osimhen on the pitch...

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I guess we might have found our Guardiola. The true tactical genius. A lot of praise goes to the players but the ground work of this team is exceptional. I pray Amuneke grows and achieve greater things in football.

Fly Eaglets Fly.
Yet some self defeat oriented personalities would watch our matches and see only age cheat as the only thing worth commenting about. I pity some Nigerians full of low self esteem.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
linked:
Osimhen is a cheat....

Nigeria should henceforth play with 10 visible players whenever the have osimhen on the pitch...

**Can'tStopLaughing**

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
linked:
Osimhen is a cheat....

Nigeria should henceforth play with 10 visible players whenever they have osimhen on the pitch...

Lmao, the guy have qualities. He's strong, sharp, and can also dribble. Like osimhen like drogba when his days was good. Those 5 and 6 of the brazilian team can testify to this

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahahahahaha....... I once posted earlier after the Nigeria/Chile game an article from fifa.com saying how impressed chilean coaches and other coaches were with our style NOT BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND IT BUT because IT'S "SUPER EFFECTIVE" AND THE "RESULTS" ARE THERE FOR ALL TO SEE......

The coaches were even asking if they could try adapt this style for Chilean football. Even the croats were considered too......

Now They're back again........ Hahahahaha.... Abeg.. Amuneke.... Reveal nothing "detailed" until we've secured the title...... **smiles**

After that, we can share it all with the world.... Even someone on this thread said, "THIS TEAM IS STRANGE......." I laughed when I saw that. But I'm not too surprised.... I've always said that the way this team is set up plus their "tactical discipline" and awareness makes them hard to beat.......

I also said the same thing the TSG picked up..... That Nwakali (an Amf- a 10) is operating as a deep-lying playmaker........ The "pirlo" role....... While Enogela takes up defensive duties in midfield.....

But seriously, I really understand their "Confusion"......... **smiles** Makes it all the more interesting..........

I think Coach Emmanuel Amunike deserves some applause. He has shown that he learnt a lot from the CAF U17 Championship, where the G.E didn't perform to the expectations of the fans. There is a lot of improvements as regards getting results with this team. They kind of oppositions they faced in the CAF was not as stiff as what is obtained here, but there are still showing great signs of springing surprises.

If this team had not improve going by what they showed during the CAF U17 Championship, they would not have even qualified from the group.

Another thing I have also noticed is their defensive abilities, even though the do not 'pack the bus' as Safarigirl mentioned above. This is also made evident in the number of tackles they have produced so far.

I also agree with the Op that said their style of play is strange. They play a times as if they will loose, but still go ahead to win, thats strange in a way.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
Of course IT'S STRANGE........... *smiles*

(One minute u see dortmund's quick charge style, the next u see athletico's high intensity soccer...... Another moment reveals madrid's counter attacking style and much more.... Amuneke is showing mastery in the variation of styles....)

Exactly why I laughed when I saw the comment.....

I love it..... It's another way of blazing the tactical trail.......... **smiles**

terzurum5:

I think Coach Emmanuel Amunike deserves some applause. He has shown that he learnt a lot from the CAF U17 Championship, where the G.E didn't perform to the expectations of the fans. There is a lot of improvements as regards getting results with this team. They kind of oppositions they faced in the CAF was not as stiff as what is obtained here, but there are still showing great signs of springing surprises.

If this team had not improve going by what they showed during the CAF U17 Championship, they would not have even qualified from the group.

Another thing I have also noticed is their defensive abilities, even though the do not 'pack the bus' as Safarigirl mentioned above. This is also made evident in the number of tackles they have produced so far.

I also agree with the Op that said their style of play is strange. They play a times as if they will loose, but still go ahead to win, thats strange in a way.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 10:59pm On Nov 02, 2015
So we are playing against mexico on thursday as the mexicans are walloping Ecuador with 2goals to nil at 86mins . Chaii fear dey catch me oo
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
terzurum5:

Strange style of play indeed. I remember how surprised I was when we played Australia, we defeated them 6-0 with just 51% ball possession against Australia's 49%. 51% ball possession produced 6 goals isn't that strange. That the type of scoreline you'd expect from a team with atleast 60% and above. Same thing in our game against Chile. CHile had 54% ball possession with just 1 goal, we had 46% and we scored 5 goals. They know how to get the goals.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 11:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
Golden Eaglets vs our loyal wife again. Nigeria vs Mexico on Thursday.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:51am On Nov 03, 2015
I know Osimhe is our top man but I am yet to figure out the strength of the team... Its quite strange grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:54am On Nov 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Joven El Tri book Eaglets in semis
By: Andrew Randa
[/size]

Mexico fan

Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets will face Mexico in the semi-finals of the Fifa 2015 Under-17 World Cup after the North American side defeated Ecuador 2-0 in their quarter-final match on Monday.

It will be a rematch of the final of the 2013 edition of the competition when Nigeria beat Mexico 3-0 to win the trophy for the fourth time in an exciting final in the UAE.

Nigeria had earlier met Mexico in the group stage of the 2013 edition hitting the Joven El Tri 5-1 before defeating them again when they met in the final.

The Mexicans will look to revenge those two defeats when they tackle the Golden Eaglets in semi-finals at the Estadio Ester Roa in Concepcion.

Claudio Zamudio and Salazar Bryan scored in each half as the Mexicans dispatched Ecuador to book a date with Nigeria who beat Brazil 3-0 in their quarter-final game on Sunday.

Victor Osimhen-with his seventh goal of the tournament, Kingsley Michael and Udochukwu Anumudu scored in the first half to help Nigeria defeat the South Americans to book a place in Thursday’s semi-final.
[/b]

punchng.com/2015/11/3456
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:00am On Nov 03, 2015
You know one funny thing? *smiles*

Clemens Westerhof, Coach of the '94 Eagles, said something "similar" about Daniel "da bull" Amokachi........... *smiles*

He said he's "too strong" and would require more than 2 players to stop him.

He even called Peter Rufai a "Lion"............... That his face is so intimidating to forwards. He said, "........if any forward breaks through our defence luckily and comes face-to-face with Rufai, they might forget to score because Rufai is like a lion........ So intimidating.........". **smiles**

Of course, Rufai conceeded some goals but I get Westerhof's point.

About Osimhen, I'm "super glad"................. He's indeed like "a force of nature" on the field......... Almost impossible to "contain". *smiles*

And he says Drogba is his role model?? I pray he keeps his focus (which I trust he will) and get the "right deals" coz I see a "greater than Drogba" in him.

Ride on Golden Eaglets........... Nothing can stop us now....... *smiles*

Semi-finals:
-Nigeria v Mexico

-Mali v Belgium (AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!....... The Belgium coach has termed this "David vs Goliath"...... Obvoiusly the belgians see themselves as the "David"wink

linked:
Osimhen is a cheat....

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:01am On Nov 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Adepoju, Nwosu warn Eaglets
[/size]
By Festus Abu
Ex-internationals Henry Nwosu and Mutiu Adepoju on Monday commended the Golden Eaglets for humbling Brazil 3-0 to reach the semifinals of the Chile 2015 FIFA Under-17 World Cup on Sunday.

Victor Osimhen scored in the 29th minute while Kingsley Michael hit home a minute later. Udochukwu Anumudu completed the rout with a 34th minute finish.

However, Nwosu and Adepoju warned the Eaglets should not let the victory go to their heads.
They urged the four-time world champions to focus on winning their next game in the tournament.

“I just want to congratulate the players and the coaching staff for a job well done, because it feels good when we defeat a team like Brazil by scoring three goals,” former Super Eagles captain Nwosu was quoted by the News Agency of Nigeriaas saying.

“They have made the country very proud, but they must also not relent and they should do more until they achieve their aim, which is to bring the cup back home.”

Tunisia ’94 Africa Cup of Nations winner Adepoju said the Eaglets had signified their intention to retain the trophy Nigeria won in the United Arab Emirates in 2013.

Adepoju said, “They played very well and it was a nice victory. They kept Brazil on their toes from the beginning to the end of the game.
“It is obvious they are doing very well and I hope that they get to the final and win the tournament.”

Former Secretary-General of the Nigeria Football Federation Sani Toro described the team’s performance against Brazil as “fantastic”.

“I congratulate coach Emmanuel Amunueke, the players and the NFF for Golden Eaglets’ defeat of Brazil.We will continue to pray for the team to win the cup again.”
[/b]

punchng.com/2015/11/3460

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:06am On Nov 03, 2015
Oh not again....... Wetin Punch dey report sef?

Abeg na 6-1 we knack them o!!!! Haba!!

And na 8 goals Osimhen don score........ Wich kain thing be dis one na??

**smiles** Make Punch take time ooo....... Unless they wan collect "punches" here......... *smiles*

terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Joven El Tri book Eaglets in semis
By: Andrew Randa
[/size]

Mexico fan

Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets will face Mexico in the semi-finals of the Fifa 2015 Under-17 World Cup after the North American side defeated Ecuador 2-0 in their quarter-final match on Monday.

It will be a rematch of the final of the 2013 edition of the competition when Nigeria beat Mexico 3-0 to win the trophy for the fourth time in an exciting final in the UAE.

Nigeria had earlier met Mexico in the group stage of the 2013 edition hitting the Joven El Tri 5-1 before defeating them again when they met in the final.

The Mexicans will look to revenge those two defeats when they tackle the Golden Eaglets in semi-finals at the Estadio Ester Roa in Concepcion.

Claudio Zamudio and Salazar Bryan scored in each half as the Mexicans dispatched Ecuador to book a date with Nigeria who beat Brazil 3-0 in their quarter-final game on Sunday.

Victor Osimhen-with his seventh goal of the tournament, Kingsley Michael and Udochukwu Anumudu scored in the first half to help Nigeria defeat the South Americans to book a place in Thursday’s semi-final.
[/b]

punchng.com/2015/11/3456

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:08am On Nov 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Go for the gold, Madam Amosun tells Eaglets
[/size]
Wife of the Governor of Ogun State, Mrs. Olufunso Amosun, has urged the Golden Eaglets to repeat the feat of 2013 by bringing back to Nigeria the FIFA U-17 World Cup trophy. The Eaglets are defending the trophy in Chile.

The governor’s wife said with the Eaglets defeat of Brazil, they are capable of winning the competition for the fifth time.

“You need to write your names in gold; you’ve come a long way,” she said.

Eaglets goalkeeper, Akpan Udoh, was one of the players of the UPLIFT Football Team, sponsored on a training tour of the Udinese Football Club in Italy in 2013.

Udoh, who is Nigeria’s first choice goalkeeper at the tournament, was one of the 22 young football players discovered by Amosun’s football talent hunt programme.

The UPLIFTing Under-15 Grassroot Football Talent-hunt was organised during the 2013 Easter holiday for all public secondary school students in the state.

Talents discovered at the competition were then sponsored by the UPLIFT Development Foundation (Mrs. Amosun’s Foundation) to Udinese for a two-week training camp.

While some of the other UPLIFT football players have joined various football academies to improve on their skills, others have been featuring in different local football competitions to showcase their talents.
[/b]

punchng.com/2015/11/3456

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:18am On Nov 03, 2015
[size=14pt]
Ecuador Mexico
Full-time
0-2

Quotes: Ecuador-Mexico
[/size]

"Our goal here was to reach the final, but luck was not on our side.

We had chances but we made mistakes on the finish. We also made mistakes on Mexico's goals, which were scored after fouls we made. We learned a lot today, we're the only ones to blame."
Jose Rodriguez, Ecuador coach.

"The match went as we expected, very tight between two teams with the same level. But my team has managed to stay very calm and very well composed this game with impeccable behavior.

My players were good tactically, physically and mentally. Nigeria is a very good team, and we will prepare ourselves better to face their excellent attack."
Mario Arteaga, Mexico coach

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271779/match=300298412/quotes.html
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Belgium Costa Rica
Full-time
1-0

Quotes: Belgium-Costa Rica
[/size]

“It was a tough match against a strong opponent but this is normal in a World Cup quarter-final. The free-kick of Dante Rigo was fantastic. He had bad luck in the previous matches where he hit the post or the goalkeeper saved the ball. After our lead it was a different game. Both teams had some chances, especially us with counter attacks. Furthermore we defended quite well. We are not a favourite for the title.

Nigeria and Mexico are as they are very often in the semi-final at this age. Mali have impressed and are also a favourite. It is only our second U-17 World Cup. It is a game between David and Goliath.

Our first match was against Mali. It was 0-0 after 90 minutes, but Mali created many chances. We will prepare as well as possible and we will try to find solutions to stop Mali.”
Bob Browaeys, Belgium coach

“I’m sad and proud. The players gave their best. Congratulations to Belgium, and thanks to Chile and the people here in Conception for their hospitality. It is a process where we go through. This is the beginning and not the end. I believe in this team.”
Marcelo Herrera, Costa Rica coach
[/b]

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271779/match=300298404/quotes.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.