Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156320 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Please, do you remember a junior side of the 80's that scored a lovely goals were three Nigerian players gave consecutive back flicks of the ball before a Nigerian player took a long shot to score the goal.

If you know please tell me. I have looked for it and I can not find it.

From the 1980s? Mennn most of the highlights of those games have faded from my memory. I can only usually remember the scorelines and some goal actions but not moves or assists that led to the goals. And u know that time na 12inch black and white TV we take watch match. Replays were not common sef. Any action wey u no see don pass be that grin
Not like now that we watch games on LED HD giant screen TV with several camera view replays.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Kpoi, must have been the sound the Bulgarian Goal keeper heard when Amunike unleashed a rocket in Nigeria's first match at the World Cup that hit the bar.

Men, if that shot had gone in, he would have become the first Nigerian to score at the World Cup. Great player.

grin Yeah

Just also like the Kpoi!! that James Biri of Zambia heard at the 1994 AFCON Final from Amunke's header.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2015
Icon4s:

Very funny! grin

This Osimhen is better than the Awoniyi of the U17. I can't rate him against Success bc Success played only 1 and half game at the U17 wc.
I will also rate John Lazarus ahead of the Musa Mohammed of 2013 U17.

The 2015 defence is better than the 2013 defence. One of the other major he differences btw the two sets is that the 2013 set possessed more creative and lethal attacking Midfielders. (Iheanacho, Ezeh and Yahaya)= 10goals. vs (Chukwueze, Michael and Bamgboye).=4goals thus far.

By and large I think Amuneke has done great with this team. We all know how dey performed at the CAF U17. And I think the 2013 success is now the bench mark. This team drew inspiration from d last Eaglets.

Amuneke seems to be a very good tactician. And If I am in a position to recommend I think we should try Amuneke as the next U20 Coach while Manu should handle the U17.
the thing with the 2013 set of u17 was that they starve their opponent of the ball, hence, nobody could notice their defensive deficiencies. the reason why people noticed the defensive ability of this present team is because they are not too possessive with the ball like the 2013 set.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
Icon4s:

From the 1980s? Mennn most of the highlights of those games have faded from my memory. I can only usually remember the scorelines and some goal actions but not moves or assists that led to the goals. And u know that time na 12inch black and white TV we take watch match. Replays were not common sef. Any action wey u no see don pass be that grin
Not like now that we watch games on LED HD giant screen TV with several camera view replays.

The goal I am talking about was used as one of the clips on NTA news. If you remember then they will show different news clips when the News song plays. At the end, they will show this goal.

It is so long ago. I was just checking if you remember. No problem at all.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2015
That's probably why I inserted the words....."Amuneke may not be a tactical genius or WHAT IF HE IS?......."

**smiles**

Right from previous pages I was among the first (if not the first) to say that this team based on Amuneke's philosophy will be hard to beat coz of their tactical discipline and tactical dynamics added to the "Ruthlessness", "form", and "Class" of the team's top talents(when in their elements as they've shown to be).......... *smiles*

I was non-commital on whether he's a genius or not, that's why I ended with, "What if he is?" He may as well be..... But I'll delay my judgment "a little" on this one..... But one thing is certain.... Amuneke is an amazingly keen tactical conjurer...... *smiles*

So it's not me u should take up but ur namesake....... Sir Joseph *smiles*

TheGoodJoe:

I disagree on one part. Amunike is a tactical genius. This team started poorly. The were not convincing and ruthless as their counterparts.

Amunike's tactical set up turned the team into a success.

It is not a coincidence that two of the greatest tacticians in the game today, Guardiola and Luis Enrique are Amunike's former team mates at Barcelona.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The goal I am talking about was used as one of the clips on NTA news. If you remember then they will show different news clips when the News song plays. At the end, they will show this goal.

It is so long ago. I was just checking if you remember. No problem at all.

Could it be the Victor Igbinoba's goal at the 1985 U17 final. Yes a long range shot from the edge of the 18yards box that almost hit the roof of the net. Yes, NTA Sports used it for years.I think that's d closest I can recall.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:37pm On Nov 03, 2015
Icon4s:

Could it be the Nduka Ugbade's goal at the 1985 U17 final. Yes a long range shot from the edge of the 18yards box that almost hit the roof of the net. Yes, NTA Sports used it for years.I think that's d closest I can recall.

Definitely it. Thanks. I knew you would remember.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
That's probably why I inserted the words....."Amuneke may not be a tactical genius or WHAT IF HE IS?......."

**smiles**

Right from previous pages I was among the first (if not the first) to say that this team based on Amuneke's philosophy will be hard to beat coz their tactical discipline and tactical dynamics added to the "Ruthlessness", "form", and "Class" of the team's top talents(when in their elements as they've shown to be).......... *smiles*

I was non-commital on whether he's a genius or not, that's why I ended with, "What if he is?" He may as well be..... But I'll delay my judgment "a little" on this one..... But one thing is certain.... Amuneke is an amazingly keen tactical conjurer...... *smiles*

So it's not me u should take up but ur namesake....... Sir Joseph *smiles*

I believe it takes a flash of genius to prove that someone is a genius. For Amunike to set up his team in a way that tactically brilliant coaches want to study Amunike's set up deeply, shows and tells a lot why he is good.

My prayers and heart is with this team. I hope they do well to set a remarkable height for upcoming Nigerian players and coaches.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Are u telling me? Or just making a comment?

Coz I definitely don't hv a short memory.......... *smiles*

I was referring to the "5-1" punch reported not the 3-0 final result............*smiles*

Nooooooooo he has only agreed with your correction and has gone ahead to mention the one of 3:0 just to prove that 'in which ever case' the 5:1 reported by the punch is wrong. He simply wants to say that, in both meetings, the score line was never 5:1.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: Eaglets' Performance Highlights Abundance of Unharnessed Talents in Nigeria, Says Chukwu
[/size]
By Alex Monye

Nigeria's performance so far at the on-going FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile has shown that given the right environment the country's youths can hold their own against the best of their peers from other parts of the world. That was the submission of former national team captain, Christian Chukwu, following the Golden Eaglets 3-0 defeat of Brazil on Sunday to qualify for the semifinals of the Cadet World Cup.

Chukwu, who heaped praises on the Eaglets for coming out victorious against a football powerhouse like Brazil, said the win would give the boys the confidence needed to win their remaining games.

The former Harambee Stars of Kenya manager noted that the Eaglets' sterling performance at the cadet championship was a clear evidence that Nigeria has abundant young talents in the grassroots waiting to be discovered.

He, however, cautioned the players against underrating their opponents as they prepare for the semifinal tie, saying that the Coach Emmanuel Amuneke tutored lads needed high level of technical discipline to become champions of the world for the fifth time.

"The Eaglets have what it takes to win the U-17 World Cup, especially after their 3-0 victory against Brazil. They should keep up the winning spirit.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201511030331.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2015
Yeah, the Fifa technical study group are at a loss....hahaha...

"Flash of genius"...... You just reminded me of a movie. *smiles*

Amen, Ise, Amin, etc to ur prayers....... *smiles*

TheGoodJoe:

I believe it takes a flash of genius to prove that someone is a genius. For Amunike to set up his team in a way that tactically brilliant coaches want to study Amunike's set up deeply, shows and tells a lot why he is good.

My prayers and heart is with this team. I hope they do well to set a remarkable height for upcoming Nigerian players and coaches.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Definitely it. Thanks. I knew you would remember.

Yes. It was actually Victor Igbinoba's goal. The whole of the China 85 Games (Nigeria's matches) are on Youtube.
I jst re-watched the highlights about 2months ago. Even the interview of the now grey headed Victor Igbinoba on the China 85 and Chile 87 experiences

The first pix was the Igbinoba's goal:

The second pix shows the now Pa Victor Igbinoba.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
safarigirl:
you should be wowed by a team that scores 3 goals with 46% possession and doesn't concede

The team is efficient and do certain things very well. For instance, the cross from the right is always towards a particular direction. Osimhen just has to position himself. They release the ball quickly on the counter but they counter slowly.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Amuneke is one of the few Nigeria coaches with the UEFA A coaching license similar to oliseh but tactics is limited for under 17.

You don' t want to be over teaching tactics.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lexyman(m): 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
Icon4s:

grin Yeah

Just also like the Kpoi!! that James Biri of Zambia heard at the 1994 AFCON Final from Amunke's header.

You guys are really bringing back some lovely memories of the Nigeria genius , he has always been a good player , injuries cut short his career , but still he left a good joyful football moment , that when u remember u will just smile.

I am not surprised of his achievement , but he needs someone like uduka ugbade to speak plenty grammar to the media . I wish to see him progress .
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
tbaba1234:

Amuneke is one of the few Nigeria coaches with the UEFA A coaching license similar to oliseh but tactics is limited for under 17.

There is no debate in the level of discipline shown by our present Golden Eaglets. It shows the level of coaching they are receiving. Remember it is easier to teach professionals discipline than minors.

No doubt, the tactical competition at the U17 level is low compared to pro football but the tactical set up of this team is different. It shows the tactical brilliance of the coach.

Note, the likes of Enrique and Guardiola showed their tactical brilliance with the Junior sides of Barcelona before stepping up to pro football.

Just like Julen Lopetegui who currently coaches FC Porto did a brilliant work with the youth sides of Spain.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:11pm On Nov 03, 2015
tbaba1234:

I agree with you on over teaching tactics at this level of football. I think skill development should be first at this level.

I think this is the problem with the English age grade coaching system. The English youngsters are too tactically sound and deficient skillfully. There should be a balance like we see with the Spanish young players. Presently like what we see in Isco and Thiago Alcantara.

It is a mixture. That is why I hope to see someone from the Spanish region do well coaching Nigeria. I am glad Amunike is from that school of thought.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by siralos135: 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
Hmmmmm Nigerians will praise u to high heavens when u seems to be doing well.The next minute they will condemn like u had never succeeded before if u fail.
The only way to know d coach is good is for him to bring home the trophy.Anything short is a failure!!! There is a precedence he must compete with.As a matter of fact,the real challenge for us a nation should be to translate this seemingly success into winning the ever elusive u-20 world cup and consequently the World Cup.
The abuse Manu "chopped" is still fresh in my memory......when u consider how people were comparing to guardiola,mourinho,wenger and the likes.
This guys tends to fail because we never allow them prove themselves again and again before we idolise them.
Whatever the result is tomorrow, I am not moved!
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2015
safarigirl:
are you here to make genuine enquiries or just another jobless mischief maker?

You better go troll some other thread, you don't want to mess around where I am.
grin
Don't take it personal! I may be new to you on this thread, but not to some Folks!
If you ain't fine with my view on this thread, kindly ignore it! I can't hide my view just because someone won't like it!
Trolling..... never!!!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
siralos135:
Hmmmmm Nigerians will praise u to high heavens when u seems to be doing well.The next minute they will condemn like u had never succeeded before if u fail.
The only way to know d coach is good is for him to bring home the trophy.Anything short is a failure!!! There is a precedence he must compete with.As a matter of fact,the real challenge for us a nation should be to translate this seemingly success into winning the ever elusive u-20 world cup and consequently the World Cup.
The abuse Manu "chopped" is still fresh in my memory......when u consider how people were comparing to guardiola,mourinho,wenger and the likes.
This guys tends to fail because we never allow them prove themselves again and again before we idolise them.
You are on point man! I could recall how Fans, particularly on the previous U17 thread and U20 thread respectively, were comparing Manu Garba to Pep Gurdiola because of his success with the previous under 17 Team. At the U20, it became so obvious that he's not as genius as many thought of him.
I pray the same fate wouldn't repeat itself on Emmanuel Amuneke. We are so good at hyping the in-form Players and Coaches of the National Team(s), but once they misstep or lose form, they gonna be buried alive!
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
siralos135:
so you'll wait for a trophy before praising him abi? Then if he messes up after the trophy, you attack him? how does that make you any different? if anything even pettier.

When you see something good, you praise it, and don't be scared to vilify the same person if he does wrong. You shouldn't ignore a wrong based on a past right, else, the likes of Lance Armstrong and Tiger Woods would still be at the pinnacle of world sports.

I'm not expecting a trophy from these boys, as cool as it would be to win the U17 back-to-back, the fact that these boys have reached the semis, they've surpassed all expectations
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
siralos135:

I still rate Manu very highly but i am sure, he too knows he made mistakes at the world cup. He is far from a failure....

The man is a great scout and plays beautiful football.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2015
adeyemi2015:
You are on point man! I could recall how Fans, particularly on the previous U17 thread and U20 thread respectively, were comparing Manu Garba to Pep Gurdiola because of his success with the previous under 17 Team. At the U20, it became so obvious that he's not as genius as many thought of him.
I pray the same fate wouldn't repeat itself on Emmanuel Amuneke. We are so good at hyping the in-form Players and Coaches of the National Team(s), but once they misstep or lose form, they gonna be buried alive!

I still rate Manu Garba as a genius. Up there with the best. His philosphy of the game is amazing. He plays one of the best open attractive football that will ever be seen in the game.

It is not just about the trophy. I also feel very few can compete with Manu Garba when it comes to scouting talents.

That is why people were disappointed in Manu Garba because we all knew he could do better than what we saw at the U20 WYC.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
safarigirl:
so you'll wait for a trophy before praising him abi? Then if he messes up after the trophy, you attack him? how does that make you any different? if anything even pettier.

When you see something good, you praise it, and don't be scared to vilify the same person if he does wrong. You shouldn't ignore a wrong based on a past right, else, the likes of Lance Armstrong and Tiger Woods would still be at the pinnacle of world sports.

I'm not expecting a trophy from these boys, as cool as it would be to win the U17 back-to-back, the fact that these boys have reached the semis, they've surpassed all expectations

I am expecting the back to back trophies.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I am expecting the back to back trophies.
lol....would be cool, but I won't have a rant off if it doesn't happen

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by 2sex(m): 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I still rate Manu Garba as a genius. Up there with the best. His philosphy of the game is amazing. He plays one of the best open attractive football that will ever be seen in the game.

It is not just about the trophy. I also feel very few can compete with Manu Garba when it comes to scouting talents.

That is why people were disappointed in Manu Garba because we all knew he could do better than what we saw at the U20 WYC.
over bloated ego cost him U20W just as pride is causing Mourhino right now...

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
safarigirl:
lol....would be cool, but I won't have a rant off if it doesn't happen

Yeah, u see eh, over d yrs i have learnt to watch football with 2 hearts. If 1 is dameged due to defeat i switch over to d other 1. U will understand when i tell u i am an Arsenal fan in addition to being a Super Eagles fan. grin

The last time i cried in football was during Algiers 90 AFCON when Raba Maja and Medaj Jamel led Algerian team whipped d Green Eagles 5-1!

Trophy or no throphy we have discovered d stars of this team already.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2015
Icon4s:

Yeah, u see eh, over d yrs i have learnt to watch football with 2 hearts. If 1 is dameged due to defeat i switch over to d other 1. U will understand when i tell u i am an Arsenal fan in addition to being a Super Eagles fan. grin

The last time i cried in football was during Algiers 90 AFCON when Raba Maja and Medaj Jamel led Algerian team whipped d Green Eagles 5-1!

Trophy or no throphy we have discovered d stars of this team already.

I believe in continuous effort. You win some, you lose some. Always keep aiming for the best. Kudos to all supporters of Nigerian football
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by naijanoni(m): 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2015
enomakos:
maybe victor is dating his kid sister and he is not in support
Mahn he has proved me wrong ooooh. Didn't really like him at d start tho. He is good. Great potential.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2015
Manu Garba remains a top tactical genius irrespective of the sabotage he permitted at New Zealand 2015 (Manu don't wanna be termed a loser...... So he would hv realised his wrong albeit silently).

I remember suggesting in the u-23 thread that the Nff retain Manu and his crew and also keep Amuneke and his crew with the u-17 and u-20, rotating them every 2yrs+ between u-17 and u-20.

Example:
-Amunuke starts with u-17 in 2014 (that's this current set) and takes them to u-20 in 2017 before returning to the u-17 by early 2018......

-Manu resumes with the u-17 in early 2016 and sees them through to the u-20s in 2019...... And returning to the u-17 by early 2020.........

-and so the cycle goes....... **Irrespective of how NZ 2015 turned out and Yes, "MANU MESSED UP BIG TIME"......We still need the best of our coaches at the youth and cadet LEVELS that can keep this trend of churning out TOP TALENTS FOR THE FUTURE GOING...........**

adeyemi2015:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Manu Garba remains a top tactical genius irrespective of the sabotage he permitted at New Zealand 2015 (Manu don't wanna be termed a loser...... So he would hv realised his wrong albeit silently).

I remember suggesting in the u-23 thread that the Nff retain Manu and his crew and also keep Amuneke and his crew with the u-17 and u-20, rotating them every 2yrs+ between u-17 and u-20.

Example:
-Amunuke starts with u-17 in 2014 (that's this current set) and takes them to u-20 in 2017 before returning to the u-17 by early 2018......

-Manu resumes with the u-17 in early 2016 and sees them through to the u-20s in 2019...... And returning to the u-17 by early 2020.........

-and so the cycle goes....... **Irrespective of how NZ 2015 turned out and Yes, "MANU MESSED UP BIG TIME"......We still need the best of our coaches at the youth and cadet LEVELS that can keep this trend of churning out TOP TALENTS FOR THE FUTURE GOING...........**

I've been following your comments quite a long.... you are simply fantastic! Same as Tbaba1234, Goodjoe, Joseph1013, Icon4s, AIG07, Linked and others I couldn't mention. The OP is also doing a fantastic job for keeping the thread lively with up to date information on the Team.
I respect you all!
One Love!
Up National Teams!!!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria U17
Mexico plot to stop Osimhen
[/size]

Eagelts star striker Osimhen

Mexico U17 team coach Mario Arteaga has revealed they will stop the rampaging Nigeria attack led by Victor Osimhen when both teams clash on Thursday in the semi-finals of FIFA U17 World Cup in Chile.

Kick-off for this World Cup showdown in Concepcion will be Thursday midnight Nigerian time.

Osimhen has been the most lethal striker at Chile 2015 with eight of the 14 goals by the Golden Eaglets as they romped to their seventh U17 World Cup semis.

“Nigeria are a very good team and we will prepare ourselves better to face their excellent attack," said coach Arteaga after his team set up a mouth-watering rematch with the four-time world champions.

Mexico beat Germany and Chile on their way to the last-four.
The North Americans were worthy 2-0 winners over Ecuador on Monday night to advance to the semi-finals.

Arteaga said his team acquitted themselves very well against the South Americans.

"The match went as we expected, very tight between two teams with the same level. But my team have managed to stay very calm and very well composed this game with impeccable behaviour,” he praised.
“My players were good tactically, physically and mentally.”
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/581830/Mexico-plot-to-stop-Osimhen

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.