Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156404 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:29am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Oh not again....... Wetin Punch dey report sef?

Abeg na 6-1 we knack them o!!!! Haba!!

And na 8 goals Osimhen don score........ Wich kain thing be dis one na??

**smiles** Make Punch take time ooo....... Unless they wan collect "punches" here......... *smiles*

the finals was 3-0 the group game was 6-1.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Are u telling me? Or just making a comment?

Coz I definitely don't hv a short memory.......... *smiles*

I was referring to the "5-1" punch reported not the 3-0 final result............*smiles*

BascoVanVeli:

the finals was 3-0 the group game was 6-1.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:21am On Nov 03, 2015
safarigirl:
what is strange about them?

the fact that they don't play 'beautiful football' but still bang in goals?

Sometimes they seem disorganized but they still score many goals.. I can't say that i am wowed by the team (except for some individuals) but they get the job done.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 03, 2015
I'm ain't a big Fan of the Eaglets, but it's my joy reading here (not really watching their games) that they are doing fine!

The begging question is; why is it hard for the U17 to replicate the same form and flair at the U20 Tourney(s)?! We all had huge expectations on Manu Boys but eventually got disappointed!

I wish the Lads best of lucks!
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:35am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Are u telling me? Or just making a comment?

Coz I definitely don't hv a short memory.......... *smiles*

I was referring to the "5-1" punch reported not the 3-0 final result............*smiles*

Oga Im sorry but u said 6-1 don't follow punch me too o lol.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:43am On Nov 03, 2015
adeyemi2015:
I'm ain't a big Fan of the Eaglets, but it's my joy reading here (not really watching their games) that they are doing fine!

The begging question is; why is it hard for the U17 to replicate the same form and flair at the U20 Tourney(s)?! We all had huge expectations on Manu Boys but eventually got disappointed!

For the under 20s , Manu made many blunders. The selection was horrible. He seemed to be more interested in marketing his players than selecting a strong 11.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:52am On Nov 03, 2015
adeyemi2015:

There are lots of factors that go into us not transissioning into the next level. It is very hard to go into u-20 as u-17 champions as there is already a target on your back. Other teams are getting better, most of them will bring older players ranging from 19 and 20 while we stick with the boys who played u-17 who will at most be 18 or 19. Sticking with these boys is honourable but we can't always expect them to get better, sometimes we have to find better players for the sake of the team. Last but not least the players who go overseas won't really get a chance to be with the team and get used to their teammates, this to me is the biggest reason why we don't succeed like last set if Iheanacho and Success could have been released it is a whole different story.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:52am On Nov 03, 2015
**Clenches Fists**

Now you're really asking for it...........

Don't u get it yet? *smiles*

Saying "6-1" was EXACTLY the point........

In reference to the "5-1" Punch reported....... Haba!!!

**smh, places left hand on fore head and shakes it slowly**

Hey you! Yes you! Pls "set up the theatre"........ I need to get into Sir Basco's Brain...... *smiles*

I think his Pre-fontal cortex and Limbic cortex need a little attention....... Just a little....... **smiles**

**what about his amygdala? What about.....?**

Me: shhhhh.... I know what u're thinking but he's ok.... I just wanna confirm sumtin aiit..... Now stop the questions -asking aiit and get to work......

*******BIG SMILES*******

BascoVanVeli:

Oga Im sorry but u said 6-1 don't follow punch me too o lol.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:19am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
**Clenches Fists**

Now you're really asking for it...........

Don't u get it yet? *smiles*

Saying "6-1" was EXACTLY the point........

In reference to the "5-1" Punch reported....... Haba!!!

**smh, places left hand on fore head and shakes it slowly**

Hey you! Yes you! Pls "set up the theatre"........ I need to get into Sir Basco's Brain...... *smiles*

I think his Pre-fontal cortex and Limbic cortex need a little attention....... Just a little....... **smiles**

**what about his amygdala? What about.....?**

Me: shhhhh.... I know what u're thinking but he's ok.... I just wanna confirm sumtin aiit..... Now stop the questions -asking aiit and get to work......

*******BIG SMILES*******

ok smart guy with a sprinkle of weirdness lol no need to get all surgical. It took some time but now i get u i just got confused with the numbers.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 03, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

There are lots of factors that go into us not transissioning into the next level. It is very hard to go into u-20 as u-17 champions as there is already a target on your back. Other teams are getting better, most of them will bring older players ranging from 19 and 20 while we stick with the boys who played u-17 who will at most be 18 or 19. Sticking with these boys is honourable but we can't always expect them to get better, sometimes we have to find better players for the sake of the team. Last but not least the players who go overseas won't really get a chance to be with the team and get used to their teammates, this to me is the biggest reason why we don't succeed like last set if Iheanacho and Success could have been released it is a whole different story.

I really appreciate your response, but it's not really suggesting the possible ways out! For instance, where are the Manu Boys now?! They were tipped to be the Golden Generation, but they couldn't fulfill the expectations.
We can only talk about few of them who are doing fine presently..... Kelechi Iheanacho, Simon Moses and Issac Success are doing well with their respective Clubs and growing fairly. But what of the others?! Where are they plying their trades?! Are they warming the Bench or playing regularly?!
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:54am On Nov 03, 2015
adeyemi2015:

I really appreciate your response, but it's not really suggesting the possible ways out! For instance, where are the Manu Boys now?! They were tipped to be the Golden Generation, but they couldn't fulfill the expectations.
W can only talk about few of them who are doing fine presently..... Kelechi Iheanacho, Simon Moses and Issac Success are doing well with their respective Clubs and growing fairly. But what of the others?! Where are they plying their trades?! Are they warming the Bench or playing regularly?!
isn't it too early to ask "where are they now?" when most of them are barely old enough to get work permits.

What about Berisha that won the Golden Boot? Have you asked where he is? What about Perreira of Brazil in this U20? Man Utd's supposed Iheanacho competition? Has he not been replaced by Martial?

The fact that you still hear of those 3 after 2 years should tell you how successful Manu's boys are.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 03, 2015
safarigirl:
isn't it too early to ask "where are they now?" when most of them are barely old enough to get work permits.

What about Berisha that won the Golden Boot? Have you asked where he is? What about Perreira of Brazil in this U20? Man Utd's supposed Iheanacho competition? Has he not been replaced by Martial?

The fact that you still hear of those 3 after 2 years should tell you how successful Manu's boys are.
But ain't they the foreseeable Golden Generation again?!
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 03, 2015
tbaba1234:

For the under 20s , Manu made many blunders. The selection was horrible. He seemed to be more interested in marketing his players than selecting a strong 11.
I agreed with your submission Boss! Manu made hell of blunders and it's presently haunting the Lads! I don't wanna talk about Manu again, cos it's gone for good, and everyone has decided to move on.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:15am On Nov 03, 2015
Hi There.... On the "Nigeria 3-0 Brazil" thread, this was my response to a similar question...... *smiles*
........................................................................................

**smiles**

How many times are we gonna say this?

Ok.... Check this out.....

I'll give you just one "recent" example........

@AFCON 2013 IN SOUTH AFRICA,
Nigeria's Super Eagles were dominated by over
50-70% previous u-17 and u-20 players (+ u-23) AND
THEY WERE "THE MAIN STARS AND ACTORS" apart
from Enyeama, Victor moses (england u-17 2007),
Emenike and Oboabona.

-Kenneth Omeruo (2009 u-17 and 2011 u-20)
-Efe Ambrose (2007 u-20)
-Elderson Uwa Echiejile (2007 u-20)
-Joseph Yobo (1999 u-20)
-John Mikel Obi(2003 u-17 and 2005 u-20)
-Ogenyi Onazi (2009 u-17)
-Sunday Mba (2005 u-17)
-Obiorah Nwankwo (2009 u-20)
-Brown Ideye (2007 u-20)
-Ahmed Musa (2011 u-20)
-Nosa Igiebor (Nigeria u-23 2012)

***even at the Fifa world cup 2014, the percentage
of u-17s/u-20s INCREASED WITH THE ADDITION OF:
-Ramon Azeez (2009 u-17 and 2011 u-20)
-Uche Innocent Nwofor (2011 u-20)
-Michael Uchebo (2009 u-20)

NOW THIS WAS "MAJORLY" IN 2013.........*SMILES*

Now later that year, A NEW SUPER ERA WAS
BORN..........
THE NIGERIAN U-17 SUPER CLASS OF 2013
PRODUCED "A LOT OF SUPER TALENTS" BOUND TO
RULE THE SOCCER WORLD...........

ALREADY, 4 OF THEM are in the Super Eagles 24-
man list for the upcoming World cup qualifiers
against Swaziland this month.....
-KELECHI IHEANACHO (MAN CITY, ENGLAND)
-DELE ALAMPASU (ATHLETICO FIERENSE,
PORTUGAL)
-WILFRED NDIDI (KRC GENK, BELGIUM)
-MOSES SIMON (KAA GENT, BELGIUM)--- he was an
initial member of this squad but because of his
transfer abroad he didn't continue with the team to
Caf 2013 and UAE 2013.

AND "MORE" FROM THAT "SUPER CLASS" ARE
BOUND TO MAKE THE STEP UP TO THE SENIOR
NATIONAL TEAM SOON ENOUGH COZ THEY'RE
FLYING HIGH IN GOOD CLUBS IN EUROPE......
-Isaac Success (Granada, Spain)
-Chidera Ezeh (Fc porto, portugal)
-Musa Yahaya (Tottenham, England.....will sign pro-
deal in jan 2016 wen he turns 18 in december 2015)
-Godwin Savior (KVO Oostende, Belgium)
-Musa Mohammed (Istanbul Basekhehir, Turkey)
-Habeeb Makanjuola( Chelsea u-18s)
-Taiwo Awoniyi (Liverpool, England.... Loaned to Fsv
Frankfurt, Germany)
-Chidiebere Nwakali (Man City, England... Loaned to
Girona, Spain)
-MuaZam: Ibrahim Abdullahi (Kvc
Westerlo....belgium)
-Bernard Bulbwa (Esperance, Tunisia)
-Theophilus Solomon (HNK Rijeka, Croatia.....
Loaned to HNK Sibenik, Croatia)
-Aliyu Abubakar (Ms Ashdod, Israel)
--**AND COUPLE OF OTHERS**

About 3 of them are making waves in the soon-to-
conclude NIGERIAN PREMIER LEAGUE (NPFL)
-Zaharadeen Bello (Kano Pillars)
-Joshua Enaholo (Enyimba fc)--- joined the team in
the u-20s
-Ifeanyi Matthew (El-kanemi warriors and a "key
player" in our Home-based Super eagles that just
qualified for Chan 2016).

NOW, THE ERA BORN IN 2013 CARRIES ITSELF INTO
2015........... WHERE WE'RE WITNESSING "THE BIRTH"
OF ANOTHER UNIQUE CLASS....... Osimhen, Kelechi
Nwakali (currently on Man city's and west ham's
radar), Anumudu, Udoh (the GK), Chukwueze,
Kingsley Michael, Lazarus, Zakari, Enogela, and a few
more....... *smiles*

Sir, An English Analyst said some days back in
Manchester that indeed the future of world soccer.
belong to "Nigerian footballers" coz of the "Super
outflux of top talents getting deals with good teams
in europe" and showing they can make it in "the big
leagues" and at "the highest level".........

SO PLS, CHECK THE FACTS AND STATISTICS, COZ A
"NEW ERA" IS BORN INDEED........ And "some"
structures are being put in place to continue this
trend....... We are getting there and surely we will get there....... Sustenance is the key.
**big smiles**

Note: Below is the question I responded to.....
........................................................................................
wayodude:
The problem is 'it' started here in 1985and 'it' is
still HERE! Damn someone tell the NFF to
investigate why our U-17 performances cannot be
translated to the senior team. We must know the
reasons for this. Please!
.......................................................................................

**smiles**

Pls, 2013 was just 2 yrs ago..... And we're already seeing results of the growth of some.... Pls let a little patience run its course..... Na wa o.... *smiles*

In my next post, I'll show u what I said in response to another gentleman who's still insisting that things as they are then aren't gonna change..... *smiles*

adeyemi2015:

We can only talk about few of them who are doing fine presently..... Kelechi Iheanacho, Simon Moses and Issac Success are doing well with their respective Clubs and growing fairly. But what of the others?! Where are they plying their trades?! Are they warming the Bench or playing regularly?!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:38am On Nov 03, 2015
This was the Gentleman's "response" to the first post I re-posted:
............................................................................................
Haha you have done an excellent job in further
emphasing my point. That all these hundreds of
youth prodigies made it to the senior national
team but yet we are no where close to being a
dominant force in the global game. My question is
why?? Why can't we be nearly as competitive in the
senior game after winning all that can be won in
the youth competitions??
Now you (or NFF) my enlighten us.
*even bigger smiles *
.............................................................................................

He "OBVIOUSLY" wasn't "listening" coz he's hell bent on driving home the point that "we just can't get it right"

He said, "......all these hundreds of youth prodigies made it to the senior national team........"

NA WA OO!!!!! ABEG.... How many have made their debuts abeg?? 2013 "U-17" was just 2 yrs ago.... Haba!!!

Well, this was my "response":
............................................................................................

Hmmmm....... *smiling*

But "2013" was two yrs ago Sir..... The new era was
born 2 yrs ago..... So why the rush??

U were fast to comment but didn't even get the
point......... Most of the 2013 youngsters are YET TO
DEBUT FOR THE SENIOR TEAM so what's ur point?

For the 2013 AFCON, I pointed out the success based
largely on players that came through the u-17s /
u-20s.....
But I said We're witnessing A NEW DAWN.....
BIRTHED IN 2013..... THIS IS 2015..... IN 8 WKS, 2016
WILL COME..... 2016 WILL BE "JUST 3 YRS AFTER
2013"....... SO WHY THE RUSH??

Come on Sir , You got no point left..... **smiles**
My post says it all...... Even in the face of "superior
arguments" based on facts and actual analysis......
You still don't get it do u? **smh**

Na wa o!!! It's just clear that people just wanna
believe whatever they wanna believe...... BUT YOU
CAN'T BEAT THE TRUTH..... YOU CAN'T DEBUNK
FACTS........*smiles*

Look, When Germany conquered the WORLD IN
BRAZIL LAST YEAR THAT WAS "THE RESULT" of a
project they started in 2001-2002. It took Germany
close to 13yrs to produce a "WORLD TITLE" based on
the "super talents" they were churning out at age-
grade competitions (from Toni kroos in 2007 u-17 to
Mario Goetze in 2009 u-17 and much more).

But Nigeria just re-structured, thanks to the MRI
introduced in 2009 and the New Era of producing
"True young Super Stars" began in 2012 and was
TRULY GIVEN BIRTH TO IN 2013.

SO WHY THE RUSH?? Many of the 2013 talents from
Nigeria are in good clubs and getting ever better.....
With time, they'll be introduced into the senior
side........ Some of them are there already.... While
some will make their debut in the world cup
qualifiers this month....... So Sir, U see..... U got
nothing more to say......*smiles*

ONE ADVICE: STOP LEAVING IN THE PAST AND
PLEASE OPEN UR EYES TO SEE THE "CHANGE" THAT
IS GRADUALLY TAKING PLACE IN OUR FOOTBALL.....

I DON'T LIKE THE NFF.... BUT I MUST CONFESS THAT
THE STRUCTURE LEFT BEHIND BY MAIGARI AND
CARRIED ON BY THE CURRENT GUYS IN CHURNING
OUT "CONSISTENTLY" TOP TALENTS IS BOUND TO
YIELD RESULTS IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS........

I'm a medical student and "more" who is also a keen
observer of our football...... **smiles** pls o.... I'm
not the Nff..... Hahahaha..... Abeg.... But I gotta say
the truth based on the trends and statistics.....

2013 was just 2 yrs ago....... So u can't say anything
yet...... Why don't u hold ur tongue till let's say........
2018??

Thank You and Godbless........
***********BIGGEST SMILES*************
.............................................................................................

And that's just how it went....... *smiles*

The 2013 generation is indeed the "NEW GOLDEN GENERATION" on which subsequent generations like this class of 2015 comprising a couple of top talents will be built...... 2017, 2019 and beyond will hopefully bring to light "many others".......

So in all, There's a lot to be hopeful for........*smiles*

And STATISTICS DON'T LIE......... AT LEAST IN THIS CASE...... *winks*

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:48am On Nov 03, 2015
adeyemi2015:
But ain't they the foreseeable Golden Generation again?!
are you here to make genuine enquiries or just another jobless mischief maker?

You better go troll some other thread, you don't want to mess around where I am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:27am On Nov 03, 2015
adeyemi2015:

2013 was just 2 years ago u don't expect them to progress that much from 16 to 18, we have to give them time and guidance. As of now most of them are on the right path, our league looks better than it has in along time and that is in part because Manu's boys are in it. Bello, Bassey, Matthews and Ifeanyi all play in Nigeria. They can get better here and in the future go overseas. In some respect Manu's boys are trend setters, look at the move Iheanacho made no one could believe it would work out. Look at what Isaac Success as accomplished in Spain that might make a team want to sign Osimhen even more.

Honestly to me life as a whole is a young man's sport what we should do is hand these children the keys and get out of their way.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by linked: 11:30am On Nov 03, 2015
safarigirl:
are you here to make genuine enquiries or just another jobless mischief maker?

You better go troll some other thread, you don't want to mess around where I am.
Hit him in the jugular...
Knock him out...
Miss safari.... Name joke I dey oo

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:31am On Nov 03, 2015
safarigirl:
what is so confounding,is their ability to find the net repeatedly with little or no flair.

There is no beauty in the way these guys play like you may see with the Malian team or the 2013 set, yet, they score a lot, but the Malian team is short on goals....

It's just a really odd form of getting results because their style of play is common in defensive teams, but these guys don't park buses.

100% accurate. I think many analyst will study this team for years to come. I think the right word is strange because it is a new approach. I believe there is more tactically brilliant and creative ideas in Coach Emmanuel Amuneke.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:49am On Nov 03, 2015
adeyemi2015:

As earlier pointed out, lots of mistakes from the Manu Side. Most especially poor selection and wrong choice of venue for pre tournament camping. For now we have a tournament to win. After that we can discuss how transfer the exploits of this team to a WYC title.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:49am On Nov 03, 2015
tbaba1234:

Sometimes they seem disorganized but they still score many goals.. I can't say that i am wowed by the team (except for some individuals) but they get the job done.
you should be wowed by a team that scores 3 goals with 46% possession and doesn't concede

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:50am On Nov 03, 2015
linked:
Osimhen is a cheat....
Nigeria playing with Osimhen isn't fair play...
The guy is too strong...he is a two in one...

Nigeria should henceforth play with 10 visible players whenever they have osimhen on the pitch...

Very funny! grin

This Osimhen is better than the Awoniyi of the U17. I can't rate him against Success bc Success played only 1 and half game at the U17 wc.
I will also rate John Lazarus ahead of the Musa Mohammed of 2013 U17.

The 2015 defence is better than the 2013 defence. One of the other major he differences btw the two sets is that the 2013 set possessed more creative and lethal attacking Midfielders. (Iheanacho, Ezeh and Yahaya)= 10goals. vs (Chukwueze, Michael and Bamgboye).=4goals thus far.

By and large I think Amuneke has done great with this team. We all know how dey performed at the CAF U17. And I think the 2013 success is now the bench mark. This team drew inspiration from d last Eaglets.

Amuneke seems to be a very good tactician. And If I am in a position to recommend I think we should try Amuneke as the next U20 Coach while Manu should handle the U17.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 11:51am On Nov 03, 2015
I can't help laughing at this team. Funny how Amuneke has become a tactical genius. Same guy folks gave up on enroute to the tournament. grin grin grin Success indeed has many friends.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:56am On Nov 03, 2015
Spot on Safarihoney!!! Spot on!

Defensive yet attacking....... On the back foot yet got their hands around your neck........ Without the ball yet dangerous with little time on it.......... Strange but EFFECTIVE........ *smiles*

How can anyone not be "wowed"?
*smiles*

safarigirl:
you should be wowed by a team that scores 3 goals with 46% possession and doesn't concede
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

100% accurate. I think many analyst will study this team for years to come. I think the right word is strange because it is a new approach. I believe there is more tactically brilliant and creative ideas in Coach Emmanuel Amuneke.

Prio to the commencement of this tourney, I said it that this team may nt have the individual abilities of the 2013 Eaglets but with very good tactics dey can compete for the title. Just take a look at the stats and check how many shots go off target. The ball will either hit the back of the net or the keeper saves it. Kelechi Nwakali is the no1 culprit for shots off target but the forwards in the team rarely hits the ball off target.
Every counter attacking move is always a threat to the opposition. However, one area where I think the team need to improve is those final final passes. The wingers/attacking midfielders need to step up their game but thank God for Osimhen hu can score a goal out of nothing.

I think our left and Right backs (Anumudu and Lazarus) have been great thus far. The 2 central defenders too have been marvelous.

I am already fantasizing about the next U20 When Yahaya, Awoniyi, Mohammed, Ezeh, and Idowu will join forces with this team. Imaging Yahaya and Chukwueze as wingers in one team.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
joseph1013:
I can't help laughing at this team. Funny how Amuneke has become a tactical genius. Same guy folks gave up on enroute to the tournament. grin grin grin Success indeed has many friends.

Success has many friends but it takes success to draw trust and respect. I was one of the few who supported Amuneke but it is not because of my trust in his tactical input. It was because I am a fan of Amuneke from his days as a player. I am left footed and I learnt a lot studying Amuneke play for the National team.

You can not expect such trust from people until they see what he is capable of.

Now Amuneke is doing well, we should expect him to draw respect and fans. Just like Nacho is slowly building his fan base.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2015
Well Sir, for me, this isn't about "success having many friends". *smiles* It may apply to some others but not to me.....

Coz I've made my stand known from the beginning about Amuneke's tactics with the team......

This team isn't "spectacular"....... I've always said so.

BUT THIS TEAM IS FULL OF SUPER SURPRISES WHICH SOMETIMES INVOKES "THE SPECTACULAR"......... The way they switch "tactics" and keep their "tactical discipline" should interest any keen tactician.

Amuneke may not be a tactical genius or what if he is? But I think he's putting his Uefa pro-licence qualifications to good use also....... Yep... He holds the same qualification as Oliseh.....*smiles*

But surely, this goes beyond "textbook" qualifications..... This is him using a combo of his tactical knowledge and his "Brainwaves"......*smiles*

joseph1013:
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2015
Icon4s:

Prio to the commencement of this tourney, I said it that this team may nt have the individual abilities of the 2013 Eaglets but with very good tactics dey can compete for the title. Just take a look at the stats and check how many shots go off target. The ball will either hit the back of the net or the keeper saves it. Kelechi Nwakali is the no1 culprit for shots off target but the forwards in the team rarely hits the ball off target.
Every counter attacking move is always a threat to the opposition. However, one area where I think the team need to improve is those final final passes. The wingers/attacking midfielders need to step up their game but thank God for Osimhen hu can score a goal out of nothing.

I think our left and Right backs (Anumudu and Lazarus) have been great thus far. The 2 central defenders too have been marvelous.

I am already fantasizing about the next U20 When Yahaya, Awoniyi, Mohammed, Ezeh, and Idowu will join forces with team. Imaging Yahaya and Chukwueze as wingers in one team.

Funny, I do not remember Amuneke misplacing a pass or shooting widely as a player. Maybe he was able to transcend his playing style to his philosophy of his coaching.

Also, I think he arranged the team to annul some of the deficiencies you pointed out.

I would have talked more on the coaches tactics but I feel parasites of other teams study forums like this to get insights and weak points of our teams.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Well Sir, for me, this isn't about "success having many friends". *smiles* It may apply to some others but not to me.....

Coz I've made my stand known from the beginning about Amuneke's tactics with the team......

This team isn't "spectacular"....... I've always said so.

BUT THIS TEAM IS FULL OF SUPER SURPRISES WHICH SOMETIMES INVOKES "THE SPECTACULAR"......... The way they switch "tactics" and keep their "tactical discipline" should interest any keen tactician.

Amuneke may not be a tactical genius or what if he is? But I think he's putting his Uefa pro-licence qualifications to good use also....... Yep... He holds the same qualification as Oliseh.....*smiles*

But surely, this goes beyond "textbook" qualifications..... This is him using a combo of his tactical knowledge and his "Brainwaves"......*smiles*

I disagree on one part. Amunike is a tactical genius. This team started poorly. The were not convincing and ruthless as their counterparts.

Amunike's tactical set up turned the team into a success.

It is not a coincidence that two of the greatest tacticians in the game today, Guardiola and Luis Enrique are Amunike's former team mates at Barcelona.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Funny, I do not remember Amuneke misplacing a pass or shooting widely as a player. Maybe he was able to transcend his playing style to his philosophy of his coaching.

Also, I think he arranged the team to annul some of the deficiencies you pointed out.

I would have talked more on the coaches tactics but I feel parasites of other teams study forums like this to get insights and weak points of our teams.

Yeah, Amuneke. He hardly missed target. In our secondary School days (yes, he was my senior in sec sch) we nick-named him kpoi!!. Anybody that grew up in Orile, Sari-Iganmu,Amukoko, Ajegunle and environs in Lagos can comfirm that nick name. Kpoi!! was the sound the cross bar usually made whenever Amuneke rocks the goal post with his left foot! He guided us to a 1989 Lagos State Principal Cup win. wink

Amuneke! Great Cardoso High School Old boy! cheesy

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:18pm On Nov 03, 2015
Icon4s:

I am already fantasizing about the next U20 When Yahaya, Awoniyi, Mohammed, Ezeh, and Idowu will join forces with this team. Imaging Yahaya and Chukwueze as wingers in one team.

Please, do you remember a junior side of the 80's that scored a lovely goals were three Nigerian players gave consecutive back flicks of the ball before a Nigerian player took a long shot to score the goal.

If you know please tell me. I have looked for it and I can not find it.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2015
Icon4s:

Yeah, Amuneke. He hardly missed target. In our secondary School days (yes, he was my senior in sec sch) we nick-named him kpoi!!. Anybody that grew up in Orile, Sari-Iganmu,Amukoko, Ajegunle and environs can comfirm that nick name. Kpoi!! was the sound the cross bar usually made whenever Amuneke rocks the goal post with his left foot! He guided us to a 1989 Lagos State Principal Cup win. wink

Amuneke! Great Cardoso High School Old boy! cheesy

Kpoi, must have been the sound the Bulgarian Goal keeper heard when Amunike unleashed a rocket in Nigeria's first match at the World Cup that hit the bar.

Men, if that shot had gone in, he would have become the first Nigerian to score at the World Cup. Great player.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.