Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (155938 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lakritz: 9:11am On Nov 04, 2015
I have a feeling that Mali may not reach the final. Yes they outclassed Belgium in their group stage game(though they drew), but they may still lose to the same Belgium tomorrow.

There is this annoying thing about the malian team whether senior teams or age grade teams. They love to lose at the semi-final stage whenever they have the opportunity to reach the stage. They did the same at the U-20 world cup.

They are the Africa champion, let see if they will reach the final this time.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 9:44am On Nov 04, 2015
safarigirl:
it's a shallow way to think. Forget moralism, such thoughts are elementary and no right thinking person would ever take him seriously

Messi is an adult now and have arrived,17 years old Messi then would not have those tattoos.
Yes all the U-17 championship we have won are won by the players with decent hair cuts,
If the officials thought that is senseless why would them instruct them to have good hair cuts.
Not everything that u must know and understand.
As a teenager u r not be allowed to do whatever that pleases u.
I did not meant it to cause an arguments.
I was merely pointing out some off pitch advantage that our boys have over others n I believe will help them win this trophy.
End of argument,if u want to pick it up again fine.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 9:50am On Nov 04, 2015
joseph1013:

He's a moralist, who equates outward appearances with what goes on in the heart. I'm sure he'd have been incensed when he first saw Tattoos on Messi's hands. If Messi's performance drops, it wont be difficult for him to link it with the 'demonic' ink on his body. That's the way moralists are.

Ok.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 10:03am On Nov 04, 2015
Napoleon55:

Ok.

And I don't have problems with tatoos and hair styles. I'm carrying a stylish hair styles but decent.

What's time is the match? Is it this midnight or tomorrows midnight?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:11am On Nov 04, 2015
Napoleon55:

Messi is an adult now and have arrived,17 years old Messi then would not have those tattoos.
Yes all the U-17 championship we have won are won by the players with decent hair cuts,
If the officials thought that is senseless why would them instruct them to have good hair cuts.
Not everything that u must know and understand.
As a teenager u r not be allowed to do whatever that pleases u.
I did not meant it to cause an arguments.
I was merely pointing out some off pitch advantage that our boys have over others n I believe will help them win this trophy.
End of argument,if u want to pick it up again fine.
keep some opinions to yourself lest people think you demented.

I wasn't even arguing with you, it's hard to counter ridiculous rubbish.

When Mexico won the U17 in 2011, I bet they all had military haircuts too.....gosh! Nothing vexes me more than stewpidity.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54am On Nov 04, 2015
safarigirl:
keep some opinions to yourself lest people think you demented.

I wasn't even arguing with you, it's hard to counter ridiculous rubbish.

When Mexico won the U17 in 2011, I bet they all had military haircuts too.....gosh! Nothing vexes me more than stewpidity.

[b]I have tried to stay out of this argument but Napoleon55 is not wrong. It depends on who is in charge and how he views things. These guys are minors, it is hard for a coach growing up in our culture to allow minors go around with crazy hairstyles.

I remember when one of the sons of a former Nigerian Super Eagles coach carried this crazy hairstyle. He was about sixteen then but he gained a little popularity Nationally then.

When his father saw this boy return from Abuja with this hairstyle, the Coach went Ballistic. He said, "It seems this boy is tired of playing football."

His elder sister said, "There is no difference between this boy and a Motor park tout." His father and elder sister ordered him to skin his hair before he enters their family house. You need to see the laugh me and our neighbors had that day. The guy is a professional Footballer now in one of these Asian countries.

It is the same thing like Yaya and Bony asking Iheanacho to cut out his flamboyant celebrations. The Senior African Citizens felt it is not time for a young player trying to make a name for himself to celebrate like he is amazing.

I think young players should emulate Cristiano Ronaldo who has a high level of discipline in his training and physical appearance. No tattoos, no crazy hairstyles and he reduces his party life. These can come after the career.

Note, it is a case of choice. Not a case of right or wrong.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by confun: 11:04am On Nov 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]I have tried to stay out of this argument but Napoleon55 is not wrong. It depends on who is in charge and how he views things. These guys are minors, it is hard for a coach growing up in our culture to allow minors go around with crazy hairstyles.

I remember when one of the sons of a former Nigerian Super Eagles coach carried this crazy hairstyle. He was about sixteen then but he gained a little popularity Nationally then.

When his father saw this boy return from Abuja with this hairstyle, the Coach went Ballistic. He said, "It seems the boy is tired of playing football."

His elder sister said, "There is no difference between this boy and a Motor park tout." His father and elder sister ordered him to skin his hair before he enters their family house. You need to see the laugh me and our neighbors had that day. The guy is a professional Footballer now in one of these Asian countries.

It is the same thing like Yaya and Bony asking Iheanacho to cut out his flamboyant celebrations. The Senior African Citizens felt it is not time for a young player trying to make a name for himself to celebrate like he is amazing.

I think young players should emulate Cristiano Ronaldo who has high level of discipline in his training and physical appearance. No tattoos, no crazy hairstyles and he reduces his party life. These can coke after the career.

[/b]
thumbs up bro
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:05am On Nov 04, 2015
Sir........ So u don't have a problem with "tattoos and some hairstyles" huh??
Then, why drag the matter all this "distance"?

I'll never wear a tattoo coz that's my choice but it doesn't make youngsters like me that do, "unserious and visionless"...... Yeah, some are actually BUT certainly not "all" *smiles*

Also, does Iheanacho's and Success' current hairstyles (though not overly outrageous) mean they don't have the Right attitude?? These two players are as "super focused" as ever....... #Fact

Besides, I see nothing wrong with their styles. It's a matter of choice. Though Moderation should be applied. This isn't a matter of right or wrong.

Sir, THE CONCEPT OF DISCIPLINE IS A MATTER OF THE HEART/MIND AND NOT "HAIRSTYLES"

Sir, I love to keep a low haircut.... But I also love to add a "line similar to nike's" projecting from my fore hairline (on either right or left) to about a couple of centimeters from its point of origin.... Had been a habit my perfectionist Christian dad and super christian mom "surprisingly" permitted...... They saw it as "decently stylish"....... *smiles*

I'm still as "Super Ambitious" and "Super focused" as ever in my studies. In fact, I'm already an achiever in science and medical research as I'm currently learning from and in league with some of the best in the world....... But of course, I'm not resting on these coz I'm still moving forward.

So Sir, just an advice..... Pls do learn to keep certain opinions to yourself....... Even when you're Right.... It'll do you a world of Good. Never u dwell on "certain" issues in the midst of variety especially when there's no crime in such variety.........

I know you mean well but please, bringing up such in the manner u did won't go down well with all.

Ciao Sir..... I just had to comment on this.........**smiles**

***oh, lest I forget..... Nigeria's game is Thursday's Midnight.... Going into friday morning.... Tu comprends? *smiles*

Have a blessed day.....

Napoleon55:

And I don't have problems with tatoos and hair styles. I'm carrying a stylish hair styles but decent.

What's time is the match? Is it this midnight or tomorrows midnight?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:51am On Nov 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

When his father saw this boy return from Abuja with this hairstyle, the Coach went Ballistic. He said, "It seems the boy is tired of playing football."

I think young players should emulate Cristiano Ronaldo who has a high level of discipline in his training and physical appearance. No tattoos, no crazy hairstyles and he reduces his party life. These can come after the career.

[/b]
attributing footballing success to hair cuts is silly.

I hate any form of untidy hair, I don't even like dreads or weaving on black men, so I'm not saying people should look like touts.

if I begin to judge people and predict their futures based on my moral belief, neither yourself nor Napoleon would pass because for one thing, I don't distinguish between adults and kids in haircuts, if you have dreads or any form of hair linked to females as a man, I will view you as irresponsible even more than the child because I can always blame youthful exuberance for their crazy hair-cuts, what's the adult's excuse? You can't make kids do some things without leading by example and no adult has moral justification to criticise a teen's haircut when his is far from modest. if you use more gel than a woman, you're irresponsible....and I certainly would never point out CR7 that has a child out of wedlock as a role model

I look at footballers the same way I see entertainers, they aren't part of the corporate society, they aren't in formal settings and I repeat, you can't convince someone with a brain that success in such areas is linked to hair cuts

judging a person's character based on his hair cut is idiotic because there are touts with good hair cut.

What oga is telling us is that someone like Iheanacho will not have a good career because of his hair style.

thegoodjoe, don't justify rubbish talk abeg, better to not contribute at all
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:53am On Nov 04, 2015
Napoleon55:

Neymar, hahahahaaa, n now u hit a point aligned to mine,FOCUSED, no it was not a coincidence,it was deliberate,in 2yrs time u'll c them.
It does not necessary have to be made as a rule,it would be passed as an instruction then it would b left for the players to either obey or disobey.

Actually i don't believe we do because if i had known he wanted Neymar's hairstyle i would have made sure the barber gave it to him but the boy is so shy i only noticed by chance when i asked him if he liked his cut.
I myself don't have tattoos or a funky hair dew but that doesn't make me disciplined or even a decent human, it might make me seem like one but without getting to really know me u are only guessing on who i really am.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[/b]

C who? The same C Ronaldo that had a party after losing 4-0, got caught peeing in public, always has a funky hair style and has the worst body language when things don't go his way. Maybe u meant Messi minus the tattoos.

Also Yaya telling Nacho not to over celebrate or dive are normal things veterans teach to young players. Yaya will never say don't get tattoos or cut ur hair like mine, look at Bony's head for God sake the thing is atrocious and Pellegrini rightfully doesn't care.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
safarigirl:
he didn't forget, he just intentionally left me out. I totally understand smiley

And I will guess it's because you are a girl.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

C who? The same C Ronaldo that had a party after losing 4-0, got caught peeing in public, always has a funky hair style and has the worst body language when things don't go his way. Maybe u meant Messi minus the tattoos.

Also Yaya telling Nacho not to over celebrate or dive are normal things veterans teach to young players. Yaya will never say don't get tattoos or cut ur hair like mine, look at Bony's head for God sake the thing is atrocious and Pellegrini rightfully doesn't care.

It is difficult for a man to have a whole career without a few slips. CR7 has really tried in maintaining a high disciplined career. Few slips does not tarnish that.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It is difficult for a man to have a whole career without a few slips. CR7 has really tried in maintaining a high disciplined career. Few slips does not tarnish that.

I think he's saying that CR7 is not the right example of morality given his past and current lifestyle and behaviour. It's a non-issue, really. Haircuts or not determine nothing. Examples abound aplenty in the Underage competitions. Neymar, Pogba readily come to mind. The reasons the Golden Eaglets are playing well is not become they are not sporting stylish hairstyles!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
safarigirl:

I hate any form of untidy hair, I don't even like dreads or weaving on black men, so I'm not saying people should look like touts.

if I begin to judge people and predict their futures based on my moral belief, neither yourself nor Napoleon would pass because for one thing, I don't distinguish between adults and kids in haircuts, if you have dreads or any form of hair linked to females as a man, I will view you as irresponsible even more than the child because I can always blame youthful exuberance for their crazy hair-cuts, what's the adult's excuse? You can't make kids do some things without leading by example and no adult has moral justification to criticise a teen's haircut when his is far from modest. if you use more gel than a woman, you're irresponsible....and I certainly would never point out CR7 that has a child out of wedlock as a role model

I look at footballers the same way I see entertainers, they aren't part of the corporate society, they aren't in formal settings and I repeat, you can't convince someone with a brain that success in such areas is linked to hair cuts

judging a person's character based on his hair cut is idiotic because there are touts with good hair cut.

What oga is telling us is that someone like Iheanacho will not have a good career because of his hair style.

I am not justifying rubbish. I am just pointing out that sometimes, a deviation from a flashy lifestyle can be related to success. Look at this instance, when Ireland was at Man City and he was trying to find his way into Mancini's squad, he sold his most expensive and flashy car.

Does it mean that having a flashy car means a player would not succeed? No? Does it mean Nacho celebrating Flamboyantly means he would not succeed?

But, every coach wants his players more focused on his game than how he looks to the public.

I remember once reading of Alex Ferguson pulling out of a deal to sign Miguel Veloso because he found out Miguel Veloso was having a modelling photo shoot.

I do not need talking too much about this issue. Just use the Yaya and Bony instructing Nacho to cut out his flamboyant celebration to understand my point.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
joseph1013:

I think he's saying that CR7 is not the right example of morality given his past and current lifestyle and behaviour. It's a non-issue, really. Haircuts or not determine nothing. Examples abound aplenty in the Underage competitions. Neymar, Pogba readily come to mind. The reasons the Golden Eaglets are playing well is not become they are not sporting stylish hairstyles!

As I said before, it is a matter of choice. English coaches tolerate players drinking. Mancini did not support it and stopped his players from drinking.

It is a matter of choice. Some coaches are okay with players partying during games, just like the Dutch team of 1974 World Cup, other coaches do not.

Some coaches equate flamboyant lifestyle to a drop in form. That is why Ferguson could not cope with Beckham, others do not.

Hairstyle is a form of flamboyant lifestyle. That is what I am pointing.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[/b]
I wasn't wrong acknowledging your maturity and intelligence!
You are really superb and unbiased!
Thumb up for the nice inputs!

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Not just a few slips Ronaldo has been a difficult teammate forever, his skills and physical attributes only cover that fact. Yes he is one of the best ever that can't be argued but I wouldn't say he is a role model, would he have told Iheanacho to stop his outrageous(so people say) goal celebrations Ronaldo also celebrates at practice.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Not just a few slips Ronaldo has been a difficult teammate forever, his skills and physical attributes only cover that fact. Yes he is one of the best ever that can't be argued but I wouldn't say he is a role model, would he have told Iheanacho to stop his outrageous(so people say) goal celebrations Ronaldo also celebrates at practice.

I disagree with Ronaldo being a difficult team mate. I think there is a negative aura built around CR7 that makes people have that negative view of CR7 but I do not see him as someone who is not a good role model. I think he is a great one.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I am not justifying rubbish. I am just pointing out that sometimes, a deviation from a flashy lifestyle can be related to success. Look at this instance, when Ireland was at Man City and he was trying to find his way into Mancini's squad, he sold his most expensive and flashy car.

Does it mean that having a flashy car means a player would not succeed? No? Does it mean Nacho celebrating Flamboyantly means he would not succeed?

But, every coach wants his players more focused on his game than how he looks to the public.

I remember once reading of Alex Ferguson pulling out of a deal to sign Miguel Veloso because he found out Miguel Veloso was having a modelling photo shoot.

I do not need talking too much about this issue. Just use the Yaya and Bony instructing Nacho to cut out his flamboyant celebration to understand my point.
flamboyant celebrations and photo shoots have no link to hair cuts, your examples do not tally

A coach wanting his players to look a certain way does not mean one different player will not succeed in football.

Let's just drop this because your explanations have only muddled everything up
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by confun: 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
adeyemi2015:

I wasn't wrong acknowledging your maturity and intelligent!
You are really superb and unbiased!
Thumb up for the nice input!
honestly speaking, I see so much maturity in his post....

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:33pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I disagree with Ronaldo being a difficult team mate. I think there is a negative aura built around CR7 that makes people have that negative view of CR7 but I do not see him as someone who is not a good role model. I think he is a great one.
CR7 is a primadonna, intentionally or not, he has pain in the A$$ written all over him.

CR7 IS MARADONA, Messi is Pele. The negative news can't all be from an aura. CR7 is no good example

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
confun:
honestly speaking, I see so much maturity in his post....
He's not insulting anyone while making his points!
That's maturity!
grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
safarigirl:

No b only STEWpidity na SOUPpidity.
If u believe that my thoughts are shallow and senseless let's do battle on the field of play.
Let's predict tomorrow's match,let's see between me and u whose mind is deeper.
I predict that Nigeria will win by 2 goals,
And Osinhen won't score in an open play tomorrow,if he is going to score it would b through penalty.
Nigeria 2 Mexico 1 or 2.
nigeria wins by 2 goals or 2ru penalty shootout.
Let's c who will come closer,n u will come here to apologize.

I used to think that Safarigirl is one of those nasty South African chicks,when I first joined Nairaland,ur opinions used to pisses me off to the third heavens,but after a while it became a fun and enjoyable.
If u think that any opinions that does not align to urs is senseless and must not come to light,well u r wrong,
Note that I have switched to another thing,
How r sure that u possess knowledge more than I do,
Why always nasty words.
Just try me with this prediction,so when next I speak u won't b so quick to rebel me STEWpidity.
Why would I say that Nacho and Success won't succeed with stylish hairstyles,it's an outrageous accusation.
I knew Kanu and Okocha succeeded with their hairstyles,they r even role models.
But Kanu as U-17 didn't start with those hairstyles. OMG, I didn't know that I'm still doing this,I won't mention hairstyles again no matter what.
Have ur fun.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
There is more than one way to insult someone. Even when it's not direct, many on here have done that and gone free or have been ignored.

Some petty people on NL just use some semis confrontations to continually attack someone and throw shades and no one calls them out cuz no one can see it.

Throwing veiled insults doesn't make one mature. Maturity is in coming out to say your mind and damning the consequences.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2015
Napoleon55:

No b only STEWpidity na SOUPpidity.
If u believe that my thoughts are shallow and senseless let's do battle on the field of play.
Let's predict tomorrow's match,let's see between me and u whose mind is deeper.
I predict that Nigeria will win by 2 goals,
And Osinhen won't score in an open play tomorrow,if he is going to score it would b through penalty.
Nigeria 2 Mexico 1 or 2.
nigeria wins by 2 goals or 2ru penalty shootout.
Let's c who will come closer,n u will come here to apologize.

I used to think that Safarigirl is one of those nasty South African chicks,when I first joined Nairaland,ur opinions used to pisses me off to the third heavens,but after a while it became a fun and enjoyable.
If u think that any opinions that does not align to urs is senseless and must not come to light,well u r wrong,
Note that I have switched to another thing,
How r sure that u passes knowledge more than I do,
Why always nasty words.
Just try me with this prediction,so when next I speak u won't b so quick to rebel me STEWpidity.
Why would I say that Nacho and Success won't succeed with stylish hairstyles,it's an outrageous accusation.
I knew Kanu and Okocha succeeded with their hairstyles,they r even role models.
But Kanu as U-17 didn't start with those hairstyles. OMG, I didn't know that I'm still doing this,I won't mention hairstyles again no matter what.
Have ur fun.

Well done.

Bets are for irresponsible and childish people so I can never involve myself in such

Funny how you said earlier that I can't make you denigrate yourself, but look at you now.

Look at the morally sound man who frowns at kids exploiting their right to explore with their hair-dos flipping his wig and debasing himself.

Josep1013, I beg to disagree, these are not the traits of a morally sound person.

I didn't read beyond your first 2 lines, but I do wish you a good day

Once again, aurevoir and refrain from quoting me henceforth as I I'll refrain from replying you
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Ronaldo is a role model in many ways. He is usually one of the earliest to training, he trains for minutes after training. He is disciplined.

He is charitable as well. Overall good guy.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I don't need to look for aura with i see is Ronaldo pouting every time he doesn't get the ball, when Bale misses a free kick boy if looks could kill, and he curses regularly. Great player doesn't automatically mean role model, Maradona is to me the greatest ever, in 94 i cried when Argentina lost to Sweden and he wasn't even playing they just showed him for a second and that was it, i started crying, anyways my point is I would never call him my role model the man was the worst he got drunk, high all of the above. Why didnt i have him as a role model? Simple, my mother told me not to be like him because he really was a bad man and she even told me he was banned for using cocaine, her advise went a long way because i abstained from drugs for that exact reason I didnt want to end up like Maradona.

Long story short football players are only human and no human is perfect.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
I understand the talk of haircuts. Discipline is important particularly for young footballers who want to play at the top. Lifestyle is important too.

A 17 year old with a flamboyant haircut gives the impression to some of a lack of discipline. It is not always true but it gives up that impression. Particularly, from the typical African cultural setting.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
Anyway, fifa have refused to update their website on the forthcoming matches. Would be interesting to see the match of the day. It's a hard toss between Belgium and Mali or Nigeria and Mexico

Belgium and Mali because of their previous meeting at the group stage and Nigeria vs Mexico because of the 2013 teams.

I go for Nigeria vs. Mexico though. Both teams are the highest scoring teams left, also pedigree and the fact that they're the most recent champions should make that game more sought after than that of Mali and Belgium.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I don't need to look for aura with i see is Ronaldo pouting every time he doesn't get the ball, when Bale misses a free kick boy if looks could kill, and he curses regularly. Great player doesn't automatically mean role model, Maradona is to me the greatest ever, in 94 i cried when Argentina lost to Sweden and he wasn't even playing they just showed him for a second and that was it, i started crying, anyways my point is I would never call him my role model the man was the worst he got drunk, high all of the above. Why didnt i have him as a role model? Simple, my mother told me not to be like him because he really was a bad man and she even told me he was banned for using cocaine, her advise went a long way because i abstained from drugs for that exact reason I didnt want to end up like Maradona.

Long story short football players are only human and no human is perfect.

I did not watch football until I saw Maradona. I would never class Maradona as a role Model. I look at CR7 base on his approach to the game. You can not equate CR7 to Maradona.

Maradona used hard drugs, CR7 did not. CR7 throwing his toys out of his pram during games is because he is close to a perfectionist on the pitch and he is very emotional.

Some might see it as immaturity on the pitch, I see it as passion. CR7 actually cries when he loses games. His dedication is faultless. He is one of the most hard working footballers off the pitch, if not the most hard working.

Those are the attributes that makes me see him as a role model. If it for all round complete players, I look at the Neville Brothers and Paul Scholes. I also look at the Spanish/Catalan legends like Xavi and Busquets.

However these guys do not meet up to CR7 when it comes to passion and perfection off and on the pitch in respect to the game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.