Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156219 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Mikel is a better player than Matic, especially if he is used as a Pivot. Mourinho never saw Mikel as a better player than Matic. That is why he chose Matic over Mikel. Sir Alex saw raw Gold in Mikel and fought hard to keep him at Man Utd. That is the difference.
Mikel is a quality defensive midfielder by world standard.Mikel being better than matic bros na ur imagination b that abi na only this season u start to dey watch Chelsea match?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 10:22pm On Nov 09, 2015
Tomtoxic:

Mikel is a quality defensive midfielder by world standard.Mikel being better than matic bros na ur imagination b that abi na only this season u start to dey watch Chelsea match?

Yes mikel is being better and talented than matic but matic is more hard working than mikel. @Op who be that Oyinbo for our coaching crew, shey nah back room staff? I like his shoki move

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
Tomtoxic:

I was among those who pointed out a lot of weaknesses in Matic's game. That was two seasons ago. When Chelsea signed Matic, they were above Liverpool and the Citizens were first. Later Chelsea reached the top of the table.

They fell from that position and finished behind Man City and Liverpool.

I pointed out most especially the game Crystal Palace beat Chelsea. They walked through the Chelsea midfield like knife through butter.

In two games in particular, you can see Mourinho pull out Mikel and immediately, you see Chelsea crumble. Matic can not have that effect.

This season, Mourinho brought Matic from the bench in a game and took him off in less than ten minutes. That can not haplen to OBI my man.

The way Mikel handled the Spanish National team at the World Club Cup, Matic can never do that in his life time.

So does this look like this season's talk?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:54pm On Nov 09, 2015
The Nigerian National U17 team achieved a historic thing. The first African side to win back to back for the first time in the history of the competition.

I think this is a beginning of something new and there is one person who showed tremendous belief in not just this U17 team but Nigerian Football.

TheSuperNerd.

I see this victory as a personal victory of him and he rekindled my faith in Nigerian football. He was someone I knew that wholeheartedly believed these guys will succeed and he genuinely expects more victory.

I now share your faith honestly and I believe PELE's words that one day an African team will win the World Cup.

I hope is us and I hope it is soon.

A personal congrats to you my friend.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by fujirice: 11:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
The Nigerian National U17 team achieved a historic thing. The won the U17 back to back for the first time in the history of the competition.

I think this is a beginning of something new and there is one person who showed tremendous belief in not just this U17 team but Nigerian Football.

TheSuperNerd.

I see this victory as a personal victory of him and he rekindled my faith in Nigerian football. He was someone I knew that wholeheartedly believed these guys will succeed and he genuinely expects more victory.

I now share your faith honestly and I believe PELE's words that one day an African team will win the World Cup.

I hope is us and I hope it is soon.

A personal congrats to you my friend.
Brazil's won it back to back before now. In 1997 and in 1999 if I'm not mistaken
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
fujirice:

Brazil's won it back to back before now. In 1997 and in 1999 if I'm not mistaken
you're not.

Nigeria is the second team to achieve this feat

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:02am On Nov 10, 2015
fujirice:

Sorry. Thanks for the correction. For an African side to win it back to back.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by linked: 6:46am On Nov 10, 2015
Another "day" ends.... but the journey continues...
Post Chile 2015

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by semid4lyfe(m): 7:38am On Nov 10, 2015
tbaba12345:
Documentary for Akpan Udoh's academy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vq0aqGsYzE&feature=youtu.be

Brilliant & touching documentary! I was moved by the commitment of Pastor Bamigboye & the personal circumstances of the Udoh's.

This kinda setup is replicated all over the country

Did anyone notice this video was shot in September 2015 and the Pastor's son is still in school?

#DeliberatelyCryptic

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by confun: 9:14am On Nov 10, 2015
AIG07:

*laughs* so she is a female. Mehn she has been hidding behinde d moniker since time immemorial. Good to have another consistent madam in d house.
*smiles*
i wouldn't have believe this if not for the source.
bros, don't mind me jare, am d "hiding" type of person, I like to be in ghost mode most times, bt I feel free to share my views on joseph1013 threads, congrats again and again on d golden eaglets success..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
To be frank kelechi nwakali is good very good but he does not deserve the mvp,he deserve the silver ball

VICTOR OSIMHEN is the one that deserve the mvp

10goals no be moimoi
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Yes mikel is being better and talented than matic but matic is more hard working than mikel. @Op who be that Oyinbo for our coaching crew, shey nah back room staff? I like his shoki move
Mikel is more talented no doubt but when u're not hardworking in the pitch your output tends to be low your output on the field determines how good u are bro MATIC is better
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
Tomtoxic:

Mikel is more talented no doubt but when u're not hardworking in the pitch your output tends to be low your output on the field determines how good u are bro MATIC is better

How hard working on the pitch is Sergio Busquets. Does that make his contribution low? Busquets is one of the best, if not the best defensive midfielder of this footballing generation.

What matters is your impact on the team and the way Chelsea crumbled when Mikel leaves the pitch tells a lot of how important he is.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:

I was among those who pointed out a lot of weaknesses in Matic's game. That was two seasons ago. When Chelsea signed Matic, they were above Liverpool and the Citizens were first. Later Chelsea reached the top of the table.

They fell from that position and finished behind Man City and Liverpool.

I pointed out most especially the game Crystal Palace beat Chelsea. They walked through the Chelsea midfield like knife through butter.

In two games in particular, you can see Mourinho pull out Mikel and immediately, you see Chelsea crumble. Matic can not have that effect.

This season, Mourinho brought Matic from the bench in a game and took him off in less than ten minutes. That can not haplen to OBI my man.

The way Mikel handled the Spanish National team at the World Club Cup, Matic can never do that in his life time.

So does this look like this season's talk?
funny
so Chelsea being top and later falling behind to Liverpool and city is matics fault right? no matter how hard u try u won't find fault on matics side our failure that season was d fault of TORRES AND ETO.
if u can blame matic for this then u must surely blame Mikel for Chelsea not qualifying for the UCL and having to use the "defending champions" card to qualify
mourinho pulling off Mikel and Chelsea crumbled all happened this season na even matic being pulled off early happened this season purely because he is in bad form presently all Chelsea first team players are all in bad form so this season cannot be used as a yardstick.
Mikel vs Spain? when last did he match such a performance in a blue shirt even the match he was paired with loftus cheek dis season I think it was an fa cup against a lower division team loftus cheek did better
Mikel and matic can't be compared oh MATIC is head and shoulders above our brother take note
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 3:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:

How hard working on the pitch is Sergio Busquets. Does that make his contribution low? Busquets is one of the best, if not the best defensive midfielder of this footballing generation.

What matters is your impact on the team and the way Chelsea crumbled when Mikel leaves the pitch tells a lot of how important he is.
now sit down carefully clear ur mind and ask urself this question does Barcelona style of play require a hardworking DM
then 2nd question : who is more hardworking busquet vs Mikel
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
Tomtoxic:

now sit down carefully clear ur mind and ask urself this question does Barcelona style of play require a hardworking DM
then 2nd question : who is more hardworking busquet vs Mikel

[b]We are talking about who is better. You make it look like if Matic is better than Mikel because he runs up and down the pirch. Actually, his play has been detrimental to the team. He is a defensive midfielder. He should sit back and shield the team.

Mikel can not go through the kind of poor games Matic went through this season. So how is he better?

As for Busquets and Mikel, that is a tough one. Busquets leads because his team mates play their role well and works with his brilliance. Mikel does his job well but his coaching crew do not know jack about bringing out the best in a defensive midfield pivot.

The idea of hardworking being the key to better players is not true. It depends in what you grade as hardworking. Mikel might not sprint up and down the pitch but he was the Nigerian player that covered the most distance on the pitch. Is that not hard work? Because, Onazi sprinted up and down the pitch, people say he is working harder.

Matic can not do what Mikel did against Spain. He is not better.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
Tomtoxic:

funny
so Chelsea being top and later falling behind to Liverpool and city is matics fault right? no matter how hard u try u won't find fault on matics side our failure that season was d fault of TORRES AND ETO.
if u can blame matic for this then u must surely blame Mikel for Chelsea not qualifying for the UCL and having to use the "defending champions" card to qualify
mourinho pulling off Mikel and Chelsea crumbled all happened this season na even matic being pulled off early happened this season purely because he is in bad form presently all Chelsea first team players are all in bad form so this season cannot be used as a yardstick.
Mikel vs Spain? when last did he match such a performance in a blue shirt even the match he was paired with loftus cheek dis season I think it was an fa cup against a lower division team loftus cheek did better
Mikel and matic can't be compared oh MATIC is head and shoulders above our brother take note

I guess you did not watch the Crystal Palace Chelsea game that season. Puncheon almost skinned Matic alive. Matic was terrible that day and in other games the team sucked. They made a rapid slide.

Matic has been one of Chelsea's worst players in almost every game he played this season. That can never happen to Mikelele. Lai, Lai.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by fujirice: 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:

Sorry. Thanks for the correction. For an African side to win it back to back.
Has any other African country won it at all apart from Ghana?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
fujirice:

Has any other African country won it at all apart from Ghana?

Is the win a historic event yes or no. What is your point? Ghana made three consecutive finals in '93, '95, '97. Do you think an African side could not have done it before us?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 7:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Awoniyi Tips Eaglets For 5th Title, Praises “Future Strike Partner” Osimhen
[/size]

By Izuchukwu Okosi:
Former Golden Eaglets starlet Taiwo Awoniyi is confident the Nigerian U-17 side will defeat Mali and lift the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup title in Chile on Sunday night.

Awoniyi who was one of the heroes of Nigeria’s triumph in the United Arab Emirates in 2013 when the Eaglets won the U-17 World Cup for the fourth time spoke exclusively to Comple tesportsnigeria.com on the final of the competition in the South American country.

“Being in the final of any tournament is not an easy feat. I want to thank ‘father’ Emmanuel Amuneke for doing a good job,” Awoniyi, who is at 2 Bundesliga (German second division) club FSV Frankfurt on loan from Liverpool, told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

“He was instrumental in our winning the World Cup two years ago as one of the assistant coaches and now he has done a good job with this team. I pray they defend the title.

“They are a very good team and I know they can handle the challenges that Mali will pose.”
Speaking of the goal-scoring instincts of Golden Eaglets striker and leading scorer at Chile 2015, Victor Osimhen, who has scored nine times in six games, Awoniyi who himself scored four goals in the UAE revealed to Comple tesportsnigeria.com what messages he has received about their striking abilities.

“Victor and I are very similar in playing style. We also have the same physical attributes. I have received so many text messages from people who commend us.

They say we can be strike partners in future for Nigeria. There is not much difference between us. I hope he scores again in the final,” Awoniyi added.

The Nigeria versus Mali final will kick off 11pm Nigerian time Sunday night.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/awoniyi-tips-eaglets-for-5th-title-praises-future-strike-partner-osimhen/
what a devastating and lethal partnership that will turn out to be, with iheanacho playing a little behind them, catastrophe for opposing teams

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
mikron:
what a devastating and lethal partnership that will turn out to be, with iheanacho playing a little behind them, catastrophe for opposing teams
Awoniyi, Osimhen, Anumudu, Makajuola of Chelsea FC, Eze, hehehe
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
AIG07:
Congratulations to our GOLDEN EAGLETs!!!
Congratulations to all sporting lovers of Nigeria!!!
Really happy n excited!!!
Cc: sir. mikron, sir. ThesuperNerd, sir. ICON, Sir. Lexyman, sir. Tbaba1234, sir. Blueto sir. Dannycrusoe, sir. Tomtoxic, sir terzurum5 sir. Linked, miss Safari et al
me still dey celebrate the boys. cheesy
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
Icon4s:
Congratulations every1.

This is my phone number: 08029434419. Let us call to congratulate our selves.

cc:joseph1013, safarigirl, TheGoodJoe, TheSuperNerd, Bascovanveli, terzurum5, linked, Mikron and all other well meaning forumites!!

Congratulations Nigeria!!!!
hope u re on whatsapp let me add u
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba12345: 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
terzurum5:

Makanjuola?? From where?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
safarigirl:
you tipped Mali and Mexico to win and we beat both teams.

Finally,we win outside Asia

The second team to have a back-back win

Five-time champions

All-time highest goal scorer

Best of all.....we did all these with a ragtag bunch playing jaga jaga football.

Anyone notices that ALL our Forwards got a goal?
safarigirl we never played jaga jaga football in this tourney, I don't know about u but I watched sweet flowing attacking football by our ruthless golden Eaglets. They played well.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba12345: 7:58pm On Nov 10, 2015
Zarahddeen Bello included in Siasia under 23..

Picture boy dropped
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
terzurum5:

u forgot to add robben prodigy chukwueze. That guy is deadly on the field
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
mikron:
hope u re on whatsapp let me add u

Na.I dnt do whatsapp bro.Jst BB messaging. Mayb I am too old school.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
Icon4s:
Congratulations every1.

This is my phone number: 08029434419. Let us call to congratulate our selves.

cc:joseph1013, safarigirl, TheGoodJoe, TheSuperNerd, Bascovanveli, terzurum5, linked, Mikron and all other well meaning forumites!!

Congratulations Nigeria!!!!
I'm still in cloud 20. success sure has many fathers

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:09pm On Nov 10, 2015
tbaba12345:

Makanjuola?? From where?

U dnt know Habib Makanjuola hu was d youngest player at the 2013 U17? He was 14yrs old when he featured for Nigeria in tgat tourney. He only came in as a sub in that 3-3 draw against Sweden.Currently in Chelsea academy. He is also potentially a next U20 player.

I also expect Chinedu Obasi to b in d next U20. He was 15 @ UAE 2013.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
enomakos:
the mali keeper is better bro
udoh and the Malian keeper both conceded 4 goals each in the tourney so what made d Malian keeper better? Is it because he saved a penalty?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
mikron:

We are raising a Golden generation for Qatar 2022 WC.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.