Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156281 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:50am On Nov 09, 2015
Congratulations to all. It was indeed a joyful occasion. Thanks to all who have supported the team. This development will bode well for our Super Eagles in few years' time.

It was great speaking with Icon4s last night after and about our victory.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by confun: 9:53am On Nov 09, 2015
CONGRATS EVERYONE, THIS IS THE KIND OF PERIOD ONE FEELS PROUD OF BEING A NIGERIAN..... GOD BLESS GOLDEN EAGLETS, GOD BLESS NIGERIA, GOD BLESS FOOTBALL FANS ON NAIRALAND......

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Caspian22(m): 10:07am On Nov 09, 2015
I am happy that this set won the cup. I would be happy if we combine this set and the last set. We could win the U20.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:07am On Nov 09, 2015
joseph1013:
Congratulations to all. It was indeed a joyful occasion. Thanks to all who have supported the team. This development will bode well for our Super Eagles in few years' time.

Yeah, Joeseph great speaking with u too and some others dat called. Congratulations Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:09am On Nov 09, 2015
confun:
CONGRATS EVERYONE, THIS IS THE KIND OF PERIOD ONE FEELS PROUD OF BEING A NIGERIAN..... GOD BLESS GOLDEN EAGLETS, GOD BLESS NIGERIA, GOD BLESS FOOTBALL FANS ON NAIRALAND......

Nice speaking with u on phone confun!Never knew u were a female.
Congrats!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28am On Nov 09, 2015
This is really funny.......... Now we see people "denying" their initial stance because "success" have come the way of Nigeria...........

*****shaking my head and smiling*****

Well, I'm glad I was "eventually" proven right...... I still remember "the few ones" who saw "this Glory" from the very beginning............

I know those whose analysis concluded that, against all odds, we were gonna emerge Champions.......*smiles* (and produced more stars apart from The Nwakali and Osimhen we were already sure of pre-world cup).

I don't have to sing "this song" because those with "good memory" KNOW "those" who predicted and analysed correctly when the tournament was still young and even before the action started.

Like someone said, "Success indeed has MANY FRIENDS"........... *WINKS*

Anyway, I'll really appreciate when people acknowledge the fact that "we" were few who believed in this team and much more. Every body is free is celebrate but It's kinda funny seeing some folks sound like "We knew all along"........ Very funny indeed.

Bye guys....... My days on NL sports are even numbered....... Coz soon again I'll have "scarcely little time to post". 2017 is 2 yrs away..... Hmmm... We'll see sha.... But for Rio 2016, I think I'll be there....... I'm moving into another "phase".

Been a pleasure and it's still a pleasure......*smiles*

Say Ceeeeeeeeeee y'all............ *smiles*
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 10:29am On Nov 09, 2015
joseph1013:

YES YES YES, We did it
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:34am On Nov 09, 2015
Icon4s:

Yeah, Joeseph great speaking with u too and some others dat called. Congratulations Nigeria!
I for flash you, but my battery died after the match grin
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:39am On Nov 09, 2015
My Enyimba FC won 7th Nigerian League title.

My Falconets qualified for FIFA U20 worldcup.

My Golden Eaglets won our 5th U17 title

My Victor Osimhen emerged all time highest goals scorer at the U17 World Cup.

My Alma Mata produced d coach that won us our 5th U17 WC.

I LOVE NIGERIA.

Me this morning: wink

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:44am On Nov 09, 2015
safarigirl:
I for flash you, but my battery died after the match grin

So what of now. Is ur battery still dead? wink
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by confun: 10:45am On Nov 09, 2015
Icon4s:

Congrats!
lol, tx u sir, u actually challenge me d way u relate wit us on ds forum knowing fully well dt u are one of d elders in d house... Tx once again sir.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 10:48am On Nov 09, 2015
Congrats to our boys and the coaching crew.

My respect goes to coach Amunike. Mehn, that guy na correct coach. He did what Manu garba could not do against germany at the U-20 world. Mali dominated us especially towards the last 25 mins of the first half. Just like the germans did against us at U-20. The malians attacked and defended well, misplaced passes from our boy. All Mali needed was a goal but with the help of GOD we defended.

That second half was something else especially the first 20mins. I am sure the malian coach must have congratulated his boys at halftime for playing well and dat there is nothing special about our boys, Coach Amunike gave them the right incentives.

The second have was like magic, malian boys did not even understand what hit them. It was a complete turn around. Shots were just flying from everywhere both longrange and short range short. We dominated for good 20 mins with 2 goals to show for it.

We expected the same from Manu, his coaching crew and his boys against germany at the U20 world cup. For where? They played the same way the played in the first half with no real chance not to talk of shot on target. Germany outclassed them completely.

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 11:00am On Nov 09, 2015
Icon4s:

Bros u need permission before u use that phrase cos it is copy righted. wink

1st of all Congratulations For The Eaglets Victory.
About The Phrase No Problem Sir I Will Sure Ask For Permission Next Time

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 11:23am On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Mourinho would not buy Matic if he believed in Mikel and Loftus-Cheek. Are you saying Mourinho believes in Mikel more than Matic?

The man never believed Mikel. That is why despite being the second best player in the African footballer of the year, he went ahead to buy Matic and dropped Mikel on the bench. Mourinho never believed Mikel. He just did not want a rival to have a talent they wanted. Just as he signed Pedro to stop Manchester united from signing Pedro.
he never believed in Mikel and doesn't still believe in Mikel shey then why e never sell am or just freeze him out of the team there was no way he wasn't going to buy matic Chelsea always uses a large squad to prevent the usual arsenal style injury crisis.
and get it straight matic walked into the 1st team cuz he was better than Mikel not because mourinho doesn't believe in mikel
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:24am On Nov 09, 2015
Lazarus, the right back finished secondary school last year...
Mega comprehensive high school, Abuja, Nigeria

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
Icon4s:

So what of now. Is ur battery still dead? wink
If I flash you, you go call back?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
safarigirl:
If I flash you, you go call back?

Great speaking with u. smiley
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
Icon4s:

Great speaking with u. smiley
same here smiley

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
As for Joseph1013, Congratulations for faith and courage to stand by these boys even after they came under heavy criticism. I understand why you said "Success has many Friends" because the backlash on them was too much.

You created this thread and believed for long. The belief spread out to many who followed along.

terzurum5 kept this thread alive and I appreciate your effort.

And, to Sir Icon4s for insisting this was a championship winning team, even after Croatia beat our Golden Eaglets.

I doff my heart to you guys.

To all lovers of Nigerian football, Pop Champagne because more trophies are on the way.

Bros I have been in this game long enough to understand how d psychology of haven secured top spot in a grp can affect the outcome of a last grp match. U dnt totally judge a team from a game like that. We are learning.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2015
tbaba1234:
Lazarus, the right back finished secondary school last year...
Mega comprehensive high school, Abuja, Nigeria

I know these boys are truelly U17.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
Danycrusoe:

1st of all Congratulations For The Eaglets Victory.
About The Phrase No Problem Sir I Will Sure Ask For Permission Next Time

Perfecto.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by P0intBlank(m): 1:43pm On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Mourinho did not believe in him. Would Mourinho buy Ballack and tell Ballack to play as a defensive midfielder?

Mikel complained that he can not tackle. He never could. That is why he amassed a lot of red cards. Remember, there was a time Mikel was arrested for driving after drinking during a Chelsea game. Frustration wanted to kill the young man.

Mourinho did not believe in him. There was no need to sign Mikel when he had Lampard, Ballack coming in and Essien.

At Manchester United, Mikel was Sir Alex's only hope. He believed he was the one to fill a big void left by Roy Keane.

You can never compare the level of belief both Coaches had in Mikel.

When Nacho plays upfront, he looks better and promising than when he plays as a midfielder.

Mikel looks poor as a defensive midfielder. You can not compare them.

I am wondering what your idea of a defensive midfielder is. Cos Mikel is actually a very good defensive midfielder. As for Red Cards, Mikel hasn't gotten a red card in seven years. His last coming in the 2007/2008 season
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by khalids: 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Caspian22(m): 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
When these eaglets were abt to play the Caf U17 I wrote abt the top players to watch in these team and surprisingly the players I mentioned all performed as I said they would. Nwakali scored all goals through set pieces as I said. Osmhen scored in practically every match as I said. Chukwueze gave both goals and assists as I said and Akpan Udoh was reliable. The link is here. https://www.nairaland.com/2145179/golden-eaglets-watch-out-caf

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 5:43pm On Nov 09, 2015
Icon4s:

Congrats!
*laughs* so she is a female. Mehn she has been hidding behinde d moniker since time immemorial. Good to have another consistent madam in d house.
*smiles*
i wouldn't have believe this if not for the source.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba12345: 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
P0intBlank:

I am wondering what your idea of a defensive midfielder is. Cos Mikel is actually a very good defensive midfielder. As for Red Cards, Mikel hasn't gotten a red card in seven years. His last coming in the 2007/2008 season

Mikel is actually a quality midfielder but he is not utilised to achieve his full potential. When Mikel is utilised more creatively, to control the game like we saw him against Spain, many acknowledge he is quite a brilliant player. As a defensive midfielder, many including Chelsea fans see him as a dull and boring player.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
Tomtoxic:

he never believed in Mikel and doesn't still believe in Mikel shey then why e never sell am or just freeze him out of the team there was no way he wasn't going to buy matic Chelsea always uses a large squad to prevent the usual arsenal style injury crisis.
and get it straight matic walked into the 1st team cuz he was better than Mikel not because mourinho doesn't believe in mikel

Mikel is a better player than Matic, especially if he is used as a Pivot. Mourinho never saw Mikel as a better player than Matic. That is why he chose Matic over Mikel. Sir Alex saw raw Gold in Mikel and fought hard to keep him at Man Utd. That is the difference.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by P0intBlank(m): 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Mikel is actually a quality midfielder but he is not utilised to achieve his full potential. When Mikel is utilised more creatively, to control the game like we saw him againsto Spain, many acknowledge he is quite a brilliant player. As a defensive midfielder, many including Chelsea fans see him as a dull and boring player.

I see the angle u're coming from. I think he's just playing to instruction.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
This is a lesson learned, Pinnick stuck with Amunike and Amunike stuck with his boys. That tells us that winning isn't everything sometimes losing gets u better. A team that finished 4th place in Africa turned around and won the world cup and that is because we surported them even when things didnt go well, imagine if we had fired the coach and his replacement didn't select Nwakali or Osimhen, we might think it as crazy now but it could have been possible if we didn't stick with Amunike. Now he has a decision to make cuz i can bet his phone hasn't stopped ringing with offers, so does he stay and coach youth teams or will he make the jump to professionals. I personally think he could coach overseas, why not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.