Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156064 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 11, 2015
mikron:
unlike u i dont use derogatory words on fellow forumites here, u have a track record of trowing invective's at peeps here on nairaland. its unfortunate

Ok mr righteous. Unfortunately, you like to make false accusations. There is evidence of that.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 3:33am On Nov 11, 2015
gbosaa:

Ok mr righteous. Unfortunately, you like to make false accusations. There is evidence of that.
have i ever accused u on anything before?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 11, 2015
mikron:
have i ever accused u on anything before?

Yes you did. I am not "most of you here". That wasn't necessary.i am a fan of Nigeria football and always hope and pray they have good outings in tournaments. Seeing some flaws in their play and expressing isn't 'bad belle'. Its part of being a loyal supporter.

I am also a fan of Amuneke and pray that he succeeds whether as a football manager or outside of football. Likewise the last under 20 squad. I believe in that team and thought they could have won the last under 20 World Cup. They didn't but I wasn't part of the crew who called Manu Garba...Manure Garbage..or called him names when he didn't play the likes of Nwakali or Kelechi. the managers know their players more than we online footie fans.

We lost, we lost. Those who hail Amuneke today would be the ones to slander him tomorrow. I don't belong to those set of people so don't tar me with the same brush.

I remain a fan of football. I care more about Nigeria football than European leagues. I'm not sure if you are a fan of any Nigeria football club or if you have ever gone to the stadium, buy your ticket to watch them.

Enugu Rangers is my team. I love them and have been a fan years before I knew about Arsenal. They ain't doing well at the moment and it hurts me more than Arsenal's misfirings.

How many of you remember nwobodo who played a vital part in the last under20 exploits in Senegal and their qualification to the World Cup?? He has been forgotten. Our focus is on Nwakali and Osimhen. Heaven forbid, these boys sustain injury...as fans, we will all look for the next big things in form of emerging talents and new faces that will distract us momentarily from the wahala that Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 6:59am On Nov 11, 2015
Icon4s:

Bros MVP is nt jst abt scoring goals. Kelechi Nwakali deserves it. He was d best player of the tourney.
ok
but if i am to choose i will choose victor osimhen
he did't only break a record but did so scoring in all game

it will take years to break victor osimhen records
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 11, 2015
enomakos:
ok
but if i am to choose i will choose victor osimhen
he did't only break a record but did so scoring in all game

it will take years to break victor osimhen records

It's Nwakali for me. He stabilised the midfield, created the balance in the team, motivated his mates when they seem to be not so confident like in the match against Mexico. He helped the defence, linked up with them when necessary, delivered to his forwards with precision. He scored as well.

In the finals, his input can not be over emphasised. He and his mates made the Malians look so frustrated, his mates in defence like Lazarus grew in confidence and played his best match for the eaglets. He mopped up what the Malians came forth with. He outwitted them. When Nigeria held possession, he distributed the balls effortlessly from dangerous areas to his mates who were free. He made the likes of Boubakar look silly.

He created the pathways for the balls that rattled the opponents. Osimhen is a pure gem. He is a delight to watch especially his first touched no matter how the balls came to him but I think Nwakali deserve his golden ball.

I also think Udo was the best keeper. This is the first time I'm seeing an eaglets keeper dealing very confidently with lateral crosses. He punches them well away from opponents or made them completely safe by catching them. So many times the balls would have ended in the roof of our nets but he stretched to tip them over for corner kicks. I would like to see them work hard, not relent on this glory and achieve even higher honour in the the next phase.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 7:21am On Nov 11, 2015
mikron:
nwakali is the engine room of the team, he had d Kelechi iheanacho kind of influence on the team, a perfect team player and a born leader, a distributor, he lubricates the midfield, I don't know if u understand where I'm getting @,if you follow most FIFA competitions u ll notice that most MVPs of the tournament usually go to the best performing no 10. In this case, Kelechi takes the cake. He who the cap fit.............. wink
i understands you man
still osimhen is my choice if i am ask to vote
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 7:38am On Nov 11, 2015
mikron:
udoh and the Malian keeper both conceded 4 goals each in the tourney so what made d Malian keeper better? Is it because he saved a penalty?
nigeria conceded 6 goals not 4
it is not because of the penalty,if you watch mali matches up to the final you will know he is the one that bring them this far,he keeps them in the games,in the second half against nigeria,he was at his best
the match may have end 5-0
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by denniece1(m): 7:49am On Nov 11, 2015
enomakos:
it is not because of the penalty,if you watch mali matches up to the final you will know he is the one that bring them this far,he keeps them in the games,in the second half against nigeria,he was at his best

Nigeria conceded 5
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:19am On Nov 11, 2015
Please you guys should go vote for Goal of the Tournament: http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/videos/goal-of-the-tournament/index.html

If you guys can help out Orji Okonkwo and vote his goal, great!

cc: terzurum05, Joseph1013, Icon4s, Thesupernerd, thegoodjoe, thegoodjoehunt3, CFCfan, enomakos, confun, gbosaa, mikron, bascovanveli....

Dunno if I should open a separate thread for it so it can make FP and more people can vote.

Voting ends Nov. 16 ie Next Monday
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:25am On Nov 11, 2015
gbosaa:

Yes you did. I am not "most of you here". That wasn't necessary.i am a fan of Nigeria football and always hope and pray they have good outings in tournaments. Seeing some flaws in their play and expressing isn't 'bad belle'. Its part of being a loyal supporter.

I am also a fan of Amuneke and pray that he succeeds whether as a football manager or outside of football. Likewise the last under 20 squad. I believe in that team and thought they could have won the last under 20 World Cup. They didn't but I wasn't part of the crew who called Manu Garba...Manure Garbage..or called him names when he didn't play the likes of Nwakali or Kelechi. the managers know their players more than we online footie fans.

We lost, we lost. Those who hail Amuneke today would be the ones to slander him tomorrow. I don't belong to those set of people so don't tar me with the same brush.

I remain a fan of football. I care more about Nigeria football than European leagues. I'm not sure if you are a fan of any Nigeria football club or if you have ever gone to the stadium, buy your ticket to watch them.

Enugu Rangers is my team. I love them and has been a fan years before I knew about Arsenal. They ain't doing well at the moment and it hurts me more than Arsenal's misfirings.

How many of you remember nwobodo who played a vital part in the last under20 exploits in Senegal and their qualification to the World Cup?? He has been forgotten. Our focus is on Nwakali and Osimhen. Heaven forbid, these boys sustain injury...as fans, we will all look for the next big things in form of emerging talents and new faces that will distract us momentarily from the wahala that Nigeria.
nna bikonu hapu this ya sermon and go and vote as you get enough MB.

Na you carry matter wey dem no call your name, you still dey post long story.

Go and vote bikonu http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/videos/goal-of-the-tournament/index.html

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 8:41am On Nov 11, 2015
safarigirl:
Please you guys should go vote for Goal of the Tournament: http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/videos/goal-of-the-tournament/index.html

cc: terzurum05, Joseph1013, Icon4s, Thesupernerd, thegoodjoe, thegoodjoehunt3, CFCfan, enomakos, confun, gbosaa, mikron, bascovanveli....

Dunno if I should open a separate thread for it so it can make FP and more people can vote.

ok safarigirl I will do that today without delay,
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 8:43am On Nov 11, 2015
mikron:
if we don't reach the final then there is a curse following our super eagles. But I'm sure if the NFF get their acts right we should win the world Cup sooner than later.
final?tall dreams
let get to the quarterfinal first
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 8:46am On Nov 11, 2015
enomakos:
that's true about the Malian keeper and no we didn't concede 6, we conceded 5.
None against USA
1 against Chile
2 against Croatia
None against Australia
None against Brazil
2 against Mexico
None against Mali grin
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 8:47am On Nov 11, 2015
enomakos:
i understands you man
ok wink

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 8:51am On Nov 11, 2015
denniece1:

Nigeria conceded 5
ok thanks oga
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 8:53am On Nov 11, 2015
mikron:
that's true about the Malian keeper and no we didn't concede 6, we conceded 5.
None against USA
1 against Chile
2 against Croatia
None against Australia
None against Brazil
2 against Mexico
None against Mali grin
thanks oga
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 8:57am On Nov 11, 2015
safarigirl:

going to vote right now
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 9:15am On Nov 11, 2015
enomakos:
i understands you man

Without Nwakali, osimhen would be useless. Nwakali is a very good player, he played tirelessly, he was workaholic. I don dey watch footie since AD and i ain't see this type of player, the guy played LB, DM, AM on this very long field of play chaii. smiley smiley that guy got what we called "horse power", he was the engine room of the team, he dictated everything on the field of play for the team, he distributed accuracy ball at the right time, He can mark very well and block, I think he has this yaya toure kind of marking quality plus mikel "me to them" passes smiley smiley abeg without engine oil, petrol no fit on generator, nwakali was the engine oil of the team. Osimhen is good no doubt about that but he could only utilize passes from the midfield which he did very well.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 9:19am On Nov 11, 2015
gbosaa:

Enugu Rangers is my team. I love them and has been a fan years before I knew about Arsenal. They ain't doing well at the moment and it hurts me more than Arsenal's misfirings.

my brother I'm also a staunch fan of our local league, it's a pity my local club bayelsa United just went on relegation, so sad. Aside my state club bayelsa United, I support the people's elephant enyimba and warri wolves, we seldom buy tickets here in Abuja to go watch visiting clubsides, personally if I close early from work I Go Watch npfl matches in either the old parade ground @ area 10, or the area 3 training pitch or the FIFA goal project @ the Abuja national stadium. I hardly miss bro. And I make sure I go to the Abuja national stadium to watch all our national team matches from the super eagles, super falcons, flying eagles, super falconets, Golden Eaglets and the under 17 female team. I don't miss any of these matches, so see I'm a die hard fan of naija football.
Nwobodo was not abandoned, the NFF actually sent him to get d best medical treatment abroad, the operation was successful and he has since been bck to Abuja to continue with his recovery process, he is is doing great now. God bless Nigeria. Good morning all

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 11, 2015
safarigirl:

All done.

I think I prefer Osimhens goal to Okonkwo's. It was a difficult technique from that angle but he executed it with calmness and precision. Okonkwo's goal was fiery...

Both will get at least two votes from my side.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 11, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Without Nwakali, osimhen would be useless. Nwakali is a very good player, he played tirelessly, he was workaholic. I don dey watch footie since AD and i ain't see this type of player, the guy played LB, DM, AM on this very long field of play chaii. smiley smiley that guy got what we called "horse power", he was the engine room of the team, he dictated everything on the field of play for the team, he distributed accuracy ball at the right time, He can mark very well and block, I think he has [b]this yaya toure kind of marking quality plus mikel "[/b]me to them" passes smiley smiley abeg without engine oil, petrol no fit on generator, nwakali was the engine oil of the team. Osimhen is good no doubt about that but he could only utilize passes from the midfield which he did very well.

You get eye well well. You can see very far.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:57am On Nov 11, 2015
safarigirl:

Done. Do a separate thread for it so it can make FrontPage.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
safarigirl:

Done. Voted for Orji Okonkwo. I also feel Osimhen's goal against Mali should b on d nominations list.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by king94(m): 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
Voted for Diego Cortes. His goal is my personal favourite.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
gbosaa:

You get eye well well. You can see very far.
Whining. Nose shaking..
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by klexycole(m): 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
mikron:
tnx bro, been out since on Tuesday no tnx to power holdings, not only did Amuneke surprised me he earned my respect big time, congratulations to all sports loving fans in naija, sir AIG07, sir thegoodjoe, my friend TheSuperNerd, safarigirl our strong sports first Lady, midehi2, icons, Joseph, my friend and strong man Robosky02, solid blueto, and d indefatigable klexycole and all those I mistakenly fail to mention here (pls forgive me if I forgot) I'm saying believe in ur selves and keep ur game tight, we re the Champions, and we re in Chile to bring bck our trophy, osimhen, nwakali, chukwueze, udoh, lazarus, bamgboye, anumudu, ikwu, okonkwo, enogela what more can I say, Mali does not hold a candle against u guys, they like others shall be crushed. Mikron say so. Bring bck our trophy. Sunday no far again. Naija will break 2 more records come Sunday, (1) osimhen will break d all time highest scorer chart in competition with 10 goals and (2)Nigeria will be d 1st country to successfully defend her trophy back for bck. The land is green. Let's go there
Definitely The Land Is Green! grin
Miss Y'all.The Boys Really Tried, BACK TO BACK Aint A joke.

#SE Vs Swaziland On Friday. cheesy
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by mikron(m): 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
klexycole:
Definitely The Land Is Green! grin
Miss Y'all.The Boys Really Tried, BACK TO BACK Aint A joke.

#SE Vs Swaziland On Friday. cheesy
yeah the count down begins
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Whining. Nose shaking..

Are you also Lakeside247?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2015
joseph1013:

Are you also Lakeside247?
No sir

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2015
lakesidepapa:

No sir
Oh, sorry to bother you.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
joseph1013:
Oh, sorry to bother you.
He own u money? If so, I fit help u nab am

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by wallay00: 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.