Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief (46495 Views)

Super Eagles - The Way Forward / Nigeria’s Super Eagles; The First African Team To Qualify For 2014 World Cup In / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by ednut1(m): 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2014
africans shud follow der local soccer. dats all. glory hunting sucks
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Judolisco(m): 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nice one,they r racist...even africans dnt blieve in theirselves. .wich european team ave u seen tryin 2 boycott bcause of some payment

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by lagtech(m): 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2014
mascot87: Nigeria will win d world cup to prove them wrong

Amen bros!!!
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by heykims(m): 6:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
henrychubayo: I believe that more slots given to us is an added advantage. So what we can do is pressure Fifa to reduce the slots for Europe and increase the ones for Africa. Once this is done, we will see teams gong all the way. We can not rate africa and Europe the same way if we do not have Equality. For ones, let's push that every continent should get the same number of slots in Fifa competition. That is equality and from there, we will see what happens. Let the Caf Administrators push for these. We seriously need it tat way. Atleast I know that Africa has moore countries than Europe.
More slots African teams? please don't make d world cup a boring event..

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Pavore9: 6:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
Na today?
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
lagtech: I am watching the World Cup in the United States-on ESPN, ESPN 2 AND ABC. They have world class commentators including
Micheal Ballack
Everton Coach
Ex USA Players
Steve McManaman
Ex Argentina and Brazil players
Gilberto Silva -2002 World Cup winner
Even ex Super Eagles Efan Ekoku is a commentator.

But the insults to Africa by ESPN and the world media is just unbelievable.

1) Micheal Ballack-said clearly that NO African team would make the 2nd round. Well he's been proved wrong.
2) In the Nigeria -Argentina match review-you would think that only Messi and his teammates were on the field-only their goals and plays were reviewed. No mention of Ahmed Musa or Mikel, or Babatunde or Enyema.
3) ESPN constantly shows reviews of matches- in snippets-the exciting moments-not one reference to any African team or player.
4) Yahoo did a review of the teams left -and of course Algeria and Nigeria were bottom. In fact in reviewing Nigeria-this is what Yahoo said:

"The Super Eagles advanced at the expense of Bosnia-Herzegovina, which were a much better team in the group stages. Life, she is unfair."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/dt-s-world-cup-power-rankings--france-are-le-top-dog-164601571.html

2 sentences and thats all they could say?Bosnia was better than us? Seriously? -yet we scored 2 goals against Argentina and they did not? Yet we won and they lost?

I know its not about us being black-there are black players the world over-its just a disdain and disrespect for Africa. When people hear of France and Nigeria-they think of records-not man to man. Enyema is the best keeper in France -they dont think of this. The Super Eagles have improved with every match -they dont think of this. Mikel plays with Chelsa -they dont think of this. Ahmed Musa-played as good as Messi on Wednesday-they dont think of this.
In fact the only time Nigeria got extended mention was to sympathize with us over the Boko Haram bombing of Wednesday and wondering how it would affect the players.

I know that Africa still lacks behind Europe and South America in records-but we have world class players playing in Europe-are we not worth at least 1 minute mention in a 5 minute segment? Guess without winning the world cup or at least 2 African teams getting to the Semi Finals in two consecutive world cups-they will always consider us as "waka pass" .
brb 4 proper x-ray.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by iponrite: 6:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
at Op every commentator is entitled to his/her opinion what matters is results you get nobody knew usain bolt until he proved his worth. S.E
needs to prove they are world class

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by kendrick93(m): 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
henrychubayo: I believe that more slots given to us is an added advantage. So what we can do is pressure Fifa to reduce the slots for Europe and increase the ones for Africa. Once this is done, we will see teams gong all the way. We can not rate africa and Europe the same way if we do not have Equality. For ones, let's push that every continent should get the same number of slots in Fifa competition. That is equality and from there, we will see what happens. Let the Caf Administrators push for these. We seriously need it tat way. Atleast I know that Africa has moore countries than Europe.
and wat has african done in d wc to deserve more spots. d fact u say it should be d d same slots with europe shows how emberassing and ur lack of knowledge on football
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
Space booked for
Last Bullet

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Rhydem: 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
Guy, the same thing happened here in the UK. They only showed Messi hailing amazing Messi - However Musa's goal were equally as good.

Nigeria need to beat France to increase their reputation. But I fear that if (and I say IF) Nigeria win the world cup, rumours of match-fixing will start spreading.

It's a shame.

9 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by lagtech(m): 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
coded01: What do you expect from white folks? embarassed

Unfortunately, what do we do to ourselves here on nairaland is embarrassing! Insulting each other here and there! angry

Until we prove them wrong, we would be regarded... cool

You need to see how Americans insult themselves on the Yahoo comments. Black vs Black. White vs White. White vs Black. Right vs Left. Come and see how they used to abuse George Bush and how they abuse Obama now. Just click any Yahoo US political article.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by saintneo(m): 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
Just watching......until super eagles eliminate le Coq and manchshaft.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by BarryX(m): 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
The onus lies on us as Africans to prove them wrong and shut their filthy smelly mouth . But until we do that , we're left in this stereotyped circus of barbarians where nothing good comes from
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by uzolexis(f): 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
lagtech:
"The Super Eagles advanced at the expense of Bosnia-Herzegovina, which were a much better team in the group stages. Life, she is unfair." .
Nonsense, Ghana was a much better team than USA yet they advanced at the expense of Portugal...yeye pple. I saw Fifa ranking of the remaining teams and of course Nigeria was 16 and Algeria 15..... angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by houstonia(m): 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
The only thing we need now is to make sure [size=15pt] our super eagles see this, and continue to prove them wrong[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by sallyopy(f): 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
Its not their fauit cos even we Africans esspecially Nigerians do not appreciate the effort of our team. I rememember d first match against Iran, SE were condemed by most pple some later withdrw dr statement haven seen iran against argentina. If we value ourslf other continent ll respect us but reverse is d case.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by ebosse(m): 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
What's that saying -----> 'Don't hang with negative people".... since you know all this why are you still watching ESPN.'Optajoe' (which deals simply with statistics) correctly stated that Enyeama is the Best keeper in the World cup so far.
This is the exact reason I don't watch CNN.they are so many NEWS channels in the world y watch CNN if the only thing they do when covering an African news is expose the negativities n pretend nothing about Africa is beautiful.
Soooo y not just switch to another channel?

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by dazangel11(f): 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2014

Adding more teams from other continents will make the tournament boring. Let the best represent
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by lagtech(m): 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
pat077: oga lagtech, we're waiting 4 u @ ur station.

Bros-i had to re-register my username and new members cant post on the Tech Category until after a few days/weeks!!!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by lagtech(m): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2014
ebosse: What's that saying -----> 'Don't hang with negative people".... since you know all this why are you still watching ESPN.'Optajoe' (which deals simply with statistics) correctly stated that Enyeama is the Best keeper in the World cup so far.
This is the exact reason I don't watch CNN.they are so many NEWS channels in the world y watch CNN if the only thing they do when covering an African news is expose the negativities n pretend nothing about Africa is beautiful.
Soooo y not just switch to another channel?

Only ESPn/ABC dey carry World Cup for this side o! U know say for USA-na highest bidder dey carry match and dey no dey share because of adverts.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by kendrick93(m): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2014
lagtech: I am watching the World Cup in the United States-on ESPN, ESPN 2 AND ABC. They have world class commentators including
Micheal Ballack
Everton Coach
Ex USA Players
Steve McManaman
Ex Argentina and Brazil players
Gilberto Silva -2002 World Cup winner
Even ex Super Eagles Efan Ekoku is a commentator.

But the insults to Africa by ESPN and the world media is just unbelievable.

1) Micheal Ballack-said clearly that NO African team would make the 2nd round. Well he's been proved wrong.
2) In the Nigeria -Argentina match review-you would think that only Messi and his teammates were on the field-only their goals and plays were reviewed. No mention of Ahmed Musa or Mikel, or Babatunde or Enyema.
3) ESPN constantly shows reviews of matches- in snippets-the exciting moments-not one reference to any African team or player.
4) Yahoo did a review of the teams left -and of course Algeria and Nigeria were bottom. In fact in reviewing Nigeria-this is what Yahoo said:

"The Super Eagles advanced at the expense of Bosnia-Herzegovina, which were a much better team in the group stages. Life, she is unfair."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/dt-s-world-cup-power-rankings--france-are-le-top-dog-164601571.html

2 sentences and thats all they could say?Bosnia was better than us? Seriously? -yet we scored 2 goals against Argentina and they did not? Yet we won and they lost?

I know its not about us being black-there are black players the world over-its just a disdain and disrespect for Africa. When people hear of France and Nigeria-they think of records-not man to man. Enyema is the best keeper in France -they dont think of this. The Super Eagles have improved with every match -they dont think of this. Mikel plays with Chelsa -they dont think of this. Ahmed Musa-played as good as Messi on Wednesday-they dont think of this.
In fact the only time Nigeria got extended mention was to sympathize with us over the Boko Haram bombing of Wednesday and wondering how it would affect the players.

I know that Africa still lacks behind Europe and South America in records-but we have world class players playing in Europe-are we not worth at least 1 minute mention in a 5 minute segment? Guess without winning the world cup or at least 2 African teams getting to the Semi Finals in two consecutive world cups-they will always consider us as "waka pass" .
nigeria or algeria hasn't proved anytin yet so thats why theu are d underdogs .so pls stop with all dis self pity and world against me mentality

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by msporche(f): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2014
borga112: Only Algeria will make Africa proud.

France 5 - mumu republic of naija 0

grin grin
Dis are part of the bastards that needs to be flushed out

8 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by reedbam: 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2014
lagtech:

But which 'Africans" behaved like animals?

Kanu
Abedi Pele
Roger Mila
Okocha
Odegbemi
Yekini
Eto
Fish
Diouf

@Seun
You
Me

Nigerians
Camerounians
South Africans
Egyptians

And what country are these people from who did crazy things at the world cup

Zidane-head butted someone at the Final
Pepe-head butt
Suarez-bit someone
Mardonna-used Cocaine

All human beings can act like animals-white-black-red-yellow-blue-pink-men-women-Africans-Europeans-Americans-Asians
I love you maan! No homo grin

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by coded01: 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
lagtech:

You need to see how Americans insult themselves on the Yahoo comments. Black vs Black. White vs White. White vs Black. Right vs Left. Come and see how they used to abuse George Bush and how they abuse Obama now. Just click any Yahoo US political article.

I know and my point is the insults on here is no where comparable to the ones the americans do to each other. --- They don't insult people's parents like it is done on here... embarassed
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Smooyis(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
They will all be ashamed when Naija has won against france and qualified for the quarter finals.

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by borga112(m): 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
msporche: Dis are part of the bastards that needs to be flushed out

typical nigeria girls talk from their anus. bastard child grin grin
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by crusader01(m): 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
Op, are you not part of them? U prefer watching chelsea to Enyimba. Why won't they rubbish us when we don't value what belong to us? We need to start support our team whether they fail or not. All of you are calling keshi and the players all kinds of name,how do you expect ESPN to speak good of them? Onpe!!!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by dellaziz(m): 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
coded01: What do you expect from white folks? embarassed

Unfortunately, what we do to ourselves here alone is embarrassing! Insulting each other here and there! condemning the country anyhow... angry

Until we prove them wrong, we wont be regarded... cool
4 all those who think nairaland insult most check thedirty dot com and c how whites diss emselves and praise. vanity

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by buoye1(m): 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
I'm alwys angry when i hear or read stories like dis!bt that wnt stop us from winning France
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by manuelo130: 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
Not highlighting the Super Eagles achievements against Argentina might just make the victory against France sweeter. Many people will not expect the troubles the Nigerian team will cause France. I know that match is not gonna be a walk in the park for France. The Eagles might even win it comfortably.

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by iceberylin(m): 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2014
mikeansy: well when our players refuse to train after qualifying for second round in a world cup because of money what do you expect?

you cant ask for respect when you have no respect for you self.
wįll ų lovę ţo woŗķ wįţђoųţ. bęįŋg pāįd undecided

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Maradona(m): 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2014
Hi guys, i got this post in Twitter just now.
As I am from abroad but living in Nigeria I have both points of view.

First of all, television is always focused on their public.
Here in Africa, in DSTV per instance, you will see the history of some great African players, the records they have, also their current performance int the EPL or other European leagues. Well, we (and I am from South America) never see this.
There the focus is the players form our country.
There are not much followers of EPL, but you will find much more followers of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter, Milan, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint Germain, and preferable their local championship teams.

There they will put the focus on national teams that have won the world cup or those that are showing better performance during the world cup.
Nigeria has done a fantastic work, but let me tell you, only few people know their players.
Some people confuse Ghana with Ivory Coast.
Not to mention Algeria that nobody knows from where they are from.
So, the TV programs address the matters that the people will be interested in hearing.
They prefer to hear about the chances of Chile against Brazil or Colombia against Uruguay, or if Messi scored 2 or 4 goals.

And when some of you mentioned that by wining things (like sending home France) will teach them how good are the African teams, well that is the actually the only solution.
Reaching the higher states in the world cup is the way TV programs will start paying attention on the African teams.

I am here in Nigeria, I know about the quality of players that are born in Africa. And how strong those teams are.
But if you see the results till now, at the group stage, the South Americans qualified 6 teams of 7 that came to the WC.

And everyone knows how marketing is used on TV. They show only what the majority of their public want to see.

All this in my humble opinion.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Supporters Club Still On The Road From Ivory Coast, Bus Spoils In Ghana / The Official €222m Cheque Of Neymar's Transfer To PSG (Photo) / Saida Mouh: I’m Unaware’, Hakimi’s Mother Reacts To Son’s Fortune In Her Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.