Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief (46494 Views)

Super Eagles - The Way Forward / Nigeria’s Super Eagles; The First African Team To Qualify For 2014 World Cup In / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by red101(f): 12:22am On Jun 29, 2014
I'm not surprised.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by ceeceeco: 12:24am On Jun 29, 2014
An African side should make it 2 d semis & all dis bullshit will stop...Just d semis!
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:34am On Jun 29, 2014
Mr Mac-10:
Who is the self-servicer calling for more slots to be added . I hope you watched Japan vs Greece,and Naija vs Iran. Man Africa and Asian slots should be cut down to avoid embarrassment like Cameroon and company

Europeans slots must b cut down, you dirty white supremacist

Spain was an embarrassment
So was Italia
So was Portugal
So was Switzerland tho they advanced to the next stage
England was sh1tty
Russia too
Yet those teams were your best ranked teams, while Cameroon ain't even in the top 32 FIFA ranking, It's obvious Europeans have an advantage in the WC, look against which they qualify

Feroe island
Macedonia
Cyprus
Moldova
Malta
Lettonia
Bielorussia
Etc
Cracker really?
You should hide your face in shame ,

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:44am On Jun 29, 2014
Arsenate: this Mr Mac 10 is an example of the dumbos dragging the black race backward. all his posts are filled with hate towards his race. he probably thinks he's smart and he's just one of the few objective blacks around.

B wise my brother, the dude is not black nor African, he's a white troll
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by ewosk: 1:56am On Jun 29, 2014
If u dont fight ur fight...who do u expect to fight it for u.....
The Story usually recognized the Hero the StoryTeller decide to talk about...

Sticking with my ogbonge pigdin commentary...no tym for yamayama ESPN or bleach toned or skin tv Reviews, Preview and Clips....
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by imperiouxx(m): 2:14am On Jun 29, 2014
It's good that you guys noticed ESPN too. Their match review is always one sided and boring..... only America and no any other teams. Whenever they start with Nigeria, most especially that goat Lalas, you as a Nigerian will feel like slapping shiit out of his face. This is the reason why I will never support the American team. They were shouting Messi on that day in a game that both Messi and Musa scored the same amount of fantastic goals.

Their SportsCenter highlight only shows Messi goals and at the end, they showed 2 - 3 scoreline.... nothing like our goals.

Even the silly Yahoo sport news says Enyeama and the refree were cheering each other for job well done for eliminating Bosnia for us. They so much emphasized it and they made video about it. What a ridiculous insinuation.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by toshmann(m): 2:23am On Jun 29, 2014
Rossikk:

OH SHUT UP AND USE YOUR BRAIN. Even before any ''bonus wahala'' the foreign commentators had been dissing African teams. You are dumb and naive if you think their attitude has anything to do with 'bonus issues'. Those are topics they simply magnify to bolster their already declared disdain (even hatred) for Africa, as shown in their coverage.
You still don't get it, do you? Let me put it this way;
THEY WILL NEVER LIKE YOU!!!!!!!
Stop expecting them to like you. There is no law that says they must love you, and they have chosen NOT to love you. Get it into your head. They will never regard you as anything great.
ONLY YOU can establish the esteem of the black race. Do your thing and earn their respect. Infact if we get our acts right, we won't give a damn if they respect us, we would be just fine and threads like this will be irrelevant. But bc we can't get ourself in order, we keep looking for their love and respect which won't come. It's been 400yrs since we started interacting with the white race, how far with mutual respect. It will never come while we are still a confused lot. Show me one Black Country that makes sense! Only tiny Botswana seems to have some direction, South Africa has been going down since our brothers mounted the throne there. They see all this and you expect them to respect us. If won't happen my dear, hard painful truth.
Asians are building their countries gradually, Indians are movin forward, Arabs the same as well as some Latin American countries. How far black Africa? A disgrace.
Open your brains and use it if you have any, they won't love you, or respect you, and even when they laugh with you, they're just trying to be polite but they don't like you. Just get it.

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by toshmann(m): 2:30am On Jun 29, 2014
Rossikk:

OH SHUT UP AND USE YOUR BRAIN. Even before any ''bonus wahala'' the foreign commentators had been dissing African teams. You are dumb and naive if you think their attitude has anything to do with 'bonus issues'. Those are topics they simply magnify to bolster their already declared disdain (even hatred) for Africa, as shown in their coverage.
And talking of ESPN, you mustn't watch ESPN. If our lootocrats have sense, they can use all that stolen money to invest in stuff that will help our economy. How much did ibori alone loot? How much will it take to establish a world class network like Al Jazeera or ESPN. If we can have our own then you won't have to watch ESPN and we can have our own analysts who will analyze our own players favorably and we can feel good about ourselves. Period. But our people will not e able to do that, we will rather watch oyibo own then turn around to complain.
Ughhh!!!'

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by InvertedHammer: 3:32am On Jun 29, 2014
What are u guys yapping about?
When you kill one another on top Chelsea, Man Utd matter and denigrate your own league....who are u to ask for respect?

If you cannot tell your stories, don't get angry at how other people decide to tell it.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by emmabest2000(m): 4:05am On Jun 29, 2014
Elantracey: Winning the world cup could prove them wrong so we should work on that.
American dreamer , NIG 2 FRANCE 1

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by EmmyDe25(m): 4:50am On Jun 29, 2014
Prior to our match against Argentina.... I heard the former Arsenal player Jamie Redknap say Nigeria will lose by 2 goals to nothing. I was just like will this b.itch just shut the hell up for a sec. We haven't even kicked a ball.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Sike(m): 5:37am On Jun 29, 2014
We will prevail, they either like it or die!
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by toluene12: 6:00am On Jun 29, 2014
toshmann:
And talking of ESPN, you mustn't watch ESPN. If our lootocrats have sense, they can use all that stolen money to invest in stuff that will help our economy. How much did ibori alone loot? How much will it take to establish a world class network like Al Jazeera or ESPN. If we can have our own then you won't have to watch ESPN and we can have our own analysts who will analyze our own players favorably and we can feel good about ourselves. Period. But our people will not e able to do that, we will rather watch oyibo own then turn around to complain.
Ughhh!!!'

we already have supersport
and they are doing a good job as far as this world cup is concerned
the complaint here is coming from Nigerians in the U.S, who watches the world cup via espn.
nobody says espn should focus on Africa or african players
but they should at least be objective in their analysis.
if supersport can do it, why not ESPN
pls, there's something called professionalism.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Ninilowo(m): 7:39am On Jun 29, 2014
Shebi na dem get dem mouth wey dem dey run abi? Shey Golden Eaglets na from Europe or south America dem come from? I know that one day St too go keep dem quite. Up igus o jare

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by olutunde12(m): 7:51am On Jun 29, 2014
Elantracey: Winning the world cup could prove them wrong so we should work on that.

You are wrong. How many of those contries have won the world cup? Is is not the issue of winning world cup or not. It is the issue of we ourselves in africa hating and saying rubbish about ourleves thinking that we are saying the truth. Suarez bits like a dog, yet when he got back hope, they gave him a heroic welcome as we were told. Do you think they are fools? No. They know the effect on their national interest. We in africa say a lot of things about ourselves under the guise of truth telling. Where has our truth taken us?

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by olutunde12(m): 7:55am On Jun 29, 2014
[quote author=toshmann]
And talking of ESPN, you mustn't watch ESPN. If our lootocrats have sense, they can use all that stolen money to invest in stuff that will help our economy. How much did ibori alone loot? How much will it take to establish a world class network like Al Jazeera or ESPN. If we can have our own then you won't have to watch ESPN and we can have our own analysts who will analyze our own players favorably and we can feel good about ourselves. Period. But our people will not e able to do

The op resides in usa. May be you should read that post against.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: I noticed no.2 and it pissed me off. The way they underestimate Africans! It just makes me mad. I just wish Nigeria wins this worldcup and it will really rub it in their face that Africans are truly powerful. Other countries may be stronger, but our success would really be a huge blow in their bigoted behind.

If only wishes were horses . . . .
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by simplynace(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2014
usermane:
this is poor citation.
They conceded just two goals to Argentina but we conceded 3.
They score 3 goals against Iran and we scored none.
Our victory over them was controversial, Dheko had his goal incorrectly ruled out. Otherwise, Bosnia would have qualified.

How about I remind you that Nigeria's goal against Iran was wrongly disallowed or was it the PK that Iran was denied against the Argentines; o boy seat your a*se down, watch the Eagles Fly and leave the talking to Elders...

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Johnnoo(m): 8:40am On Jun 29, 2014
Thanks @Op
I still believe Africans can still surprise the world... **fingers-crossed***
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by richidinho(m): 8:59am On Jun 29, 2014
Ballack is a racist we all know him

Adolf hitler of football

No wonder he did nt win more trophy than kanu nwankwo and samuel eto
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 29, 2014
lagtech: I am watching the World Cup in the United States-on ESPN, ESPN 2 AND ABC. They have world class commentators including
Micheal Ballack
Everton Coach
Ex USA Players
Steve McManaman
Ex Argentina and Brazil players
Gilberto Silva -2002 World Cup winner
Even ex Super Eagles Efan Ekoku is a commentator.

But the insults to Africa by ESPN and the world media is just unbelievable.

1) Micheal Ballack-said clearly that NO African team would make the 2nd round. Well he's been proved wrong.
2) In the Nigeria -Argentina match review-you would think that only Messi and his teammates were on the field-only their goals and plays were reviewed. No mention of Ahmed Musa or Mikel, or Babatunde or Enyema.
3) ESPN constantly shows reviews of matches- in snippets-the exciting moments-not one reference to any African team or player.
4) Yahoo did a review of the teams left -and of course Algeria and Nigeria were bottom. In fact in reviewing Nigeria-this is what Yahoo said:

"The Super Eagles advanced at the expense of Bosnia-Herzegovina, which were a much better team in the group stages. Life, she is unfair."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/dt-s-world-cup-power-rankings--france-are-le-top-dog-164601571.html

2 sentences and thats all they could say?Bosnia was better than us? Seriously? -yet we scored 2 goals against Argentina and they did not? Yet we won and they lost?

I know its not about us being black-there are black players the world over-its just a disdain and disrespect for Africa. When people hear of France and Nigeria-they think of records-not man to man. Enyema is the best keeper in France -they dont think of this. The Super Eagles have improved with every match -they dont think of this. Mikel plays with Chelsa -they dont think of this. Ahmed Musa-played as good as Messi on Wednesday-they dont think of this.
In fact the only time Nigeria got extended mention was to sympathize with us over the Boko Haram bombing of Wednesday and wondering how it would affect the players.

I know that Africa still lacks behind Europe and South America in records-but we have world class players playing in Europe-are we not worth at least 1 minute mention in a 5 minute segment? Guess without winning the world cup or at least 2 African teams getting to the Semi Finals in two consecutive world cups-they will always consider us as "waka pass" .

I think Brazil should be put in the range of the middle. They don't look like they have enough character to win the Cup. They needed penalties to disperse Chile.

I expect to Brazil to fall at the hands of Colombia in the QF's
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 9:45am On Jun 29, 2014
richidinho: Ballack is a racist we all know him

Adolf hitler of football

No wonder he did nt win more trophy than kanu nwankwo and samuel eto

That racist-white supremacist said African teams don't have any tactical sense, I mean really ? So we basically enter the field and start running after opponents and the ball .moronic bastard
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Womanitarian(m): 10:01am On Jun 29, 2014
borga112:

EWU gambia
Oloriburuku u wan die?
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Womanitarian(m): 10:04am On Jun 29, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

B wise my brother, the dude is not black nor African, he's a white troll
How do u know the looser is white?hahahahaha
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:15am On Jun 29, 2014
Womanitarian: How do u know the looser is white?hahahahaha

I know their antics, too bad Nl got hacked/crashed, an interesting thread about white redneck trolling African forums esp Nl was opened....
Furthermore how many true Africans talk like he do ? Always referring to his countrymen and people as animals,monkeys etc
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by kolo65(m): 10:32am On Jun 29, 2014
I jst pray may God do am say we come win dis cup they go here am hot
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by redsun(m): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2014
Why won't they fvck with you guys when you kill each other over european clubs as brainwashed fans?The way they publicized european football on nairaland,you will think it is some kind of redneck forum.Nothing about nigerian or african football,nothing about the sparsely managed clubs.

Football is about supremacy,if you don't have your original game plans,you are just as good as a typical follow follow.And that includes publicity,you tell the world what you want them to hear in your own words,not what they think or say.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by simdam500(m): 1:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
I see Nigeria going through the final
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by smithsammy(m): 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
Africans are getting what they requested for. We don't plaudits our heroes at home and we want the foreigners to do that for us. The problems our people are facing outside the shore of Africa today is rooted from home.

Only if you would permit my digression,
you will wonder how Fayemi, with the obvious development brought to ekiti land, was unable to get his people's support for second time in office.

Fayemi is a man of many international stakes - he his an international man. He knows what obtains in the developed countries and tried to replicate that in his state. And yes, truly he does.
But, instead of praises from the people he is trying to impacted positively, what he got was condemnation.
Some said he doesn't distributes cash to the society like Fayose does, he doesn't patronise the local canteen like Fayose does. So many funny statements they were asserting.

The concise summary that could be used for the above statements is that: "our people are not interested in the investments that will have a long time impact on them, but rather, what they will eat for once.

Africans like to be used as an exploitation tool on the foreign land than sacrificing their efforts for their home land.

You are now saying Africans are been ridiculed, "on pe".
Awon alai ni ronu onijekuje ton je kin ise awon tio lopolo ati awon tio ni ifara jin kio fara han.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
smithsammy: Africans are getting what they requested for. We don't plaudits our heroes at home and we want the foreigners to do that for us. The problems our people are facing outside the shore of Africa today is rooted from home.

Only if you would permit my digression,
you will wonder how Fayemi, with the obvious development brought to ekiti land, was unable to get his people's support for second time in office.

Fayemi is a man of many international stakes - he his an international man. He knows what obtains in the developed countries and tried to replicate that in his state. And yes, truly he does.
But, instead of praises from the people he is trying to impacted positively, what he got was condemnation.
Some said he doesn't distributes cash to the society like Fayose does, he doesn't patronise the local canteen like Fayose does. So many funny statements they were asserting.

The concise summary that could be used for the above statements is that: "our people are not interested in the investments that will have a long time impact on them, but rather, what they will eat for once.

Africans like to be used as an exploitation tool on the foreign land than sacrificing their efforts for their home land.

You are now saying Africans are been ridiculed, "on pe".
Awon alai ni ronu onijekuje ton je kin ise awon tio lopolo ati awon tio ni ifara jin kio fara han.

Ekiti has spoken with one voice.... Go and die!
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by smithsammy(m): 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
smartchoice:
Ekiti has spoken with one voice.... Go and die!
because o you, I subscribed to the assertion that states: "NOT ALL THAT WENT TO SCHOOL ARE LEARNED"
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2014
smithsammy: because o you, I subscribed to the assertion that states: "NOT ALL THAT WENT TO SCHOOL ARE LEARNED"

Na Fayemi make you subscribe nor be me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Official €222m Cheque Of Neymar's Transfer To PSG (Photo) / Davido With World Cup Winning Eaglets / Jesse Lingard's Cars And His Trademark Custom Touches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.