Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief (46497 Views)

Super Eagles - The Way Forward / Nigeria’s Super Eagles; The First African Team To Qualify For 2014 World Cup In / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by vanstanzy(m): 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2014
lagtech: I am watching the World Cup in the United States-on ESPN, ESPN 2 AND ABC. They have world class commentators including
Micheal Ballack
Everton Coach
Ex USA Players
Steve McManaman
Ex Argentina and Brazil players
Gilberto Silva -2002 World Cup winner
Even ex Super Eagles Efan Ekoku is a commentator.

But the insults to Africa by ESPN and the world media is just unbelievable.

1) Micheal Ballack-said clearly that NO African team would make the 2nd round. Well he's been proved wrong.
2) In the Nigeria -Argentina match review-you would think that only Messi and his teammates were on the field-only their goals and plays were reviewed. No mention of Ahmed Musa or Mikel, or Babatunde or Enyema.
3) ESPN constantly shows reviews of matches- in snippets-the exciting moments-not one reference to any African team or player.
4) Yahoo did a review of the teams left -and of course Algeria and Nigeria were bottom. In fact in reviewing Nigeria-this is what Yahoo said:

"The Super Eagles advanced at the expense of Bosnia-Herzegovina, which were a much better team in the group stages. Life, she is unfair."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/dt-s-world-cup-power-rankings--france-are-le-top-dog-164601571.html

2 sentences and thats all they could say?Bosnia was better than us? Seriously? -yet we scored 2 goals against Argentina and they did not? Yet we won and they lost?

I know its not about us being black-there are black players the world over-its just a disdain and disrespect for Africa. When people hear of France and Nigeria-they think of records-not man to man. Enyema is the best keeper in France -they dont think of this. The Super Eagles have improved with every match -they dont think of this. Mikel plays with Chelsa -they dont think of this. Ahmed Musa-played as good as Messi on Wednesday-they dont think of this.
In fact the only time Nigeria got extended mention was to sympathize with us over the Boko Haram bombing of Wednesday and wondering how it would affect the players.

I know that Africa still lacks behind Europe and South America in records-but we have world class players playing in Europe-are we not worth at least 1 minute mention in a 5 minute segment? Guess without winning the world cup or at least 2 African teams getting to the Semi Finals in two consecutive world cups-they will always consider us as "waka pass" .
Africans this is the worlds view about u. Their view about u doesnt matter, unless u make it to matter. Whats ur own view about urself? thats what really matters.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by lagtech(m): 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2014
toluene12:

u need to see the comments on youtube when cameroon Assou-Ekotto headbutt his team mate.
it was like the whole of africa commited the offence.
-blacks will always be blacks
-africans should be banned from the world cup
-they remembered their buffalos at home

when suarez removed a chunk of chellini's flesh, no one called uruguayans canibals.
when the french team prefered to insult each other rather than play ball no called french people touts.
when frank rjkaard was busy spitting at german players at italian '90, the dutch people received no uncomplementary remarks.
but when it comes to africa, the suppresed negative perception about africa suddenly comes alive and all africans are seen from one myopic angle.
the evil that men do starts and ends with them and should not in any way be extended to other members of his clans.
thanks

On point sir!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by jossy501: 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2014
lagtech: I am watching the World Cup in the United States-on ESPN, ESPN 2 AND ABC. They have world class commentators including
Micheal Ballack
Everton Coach
Ex USA Players
Steve McManaman

1) Micheal Ballack-said clearly that NO African team would make the 2nd round. Well he's been proved wrong.
2) In the Nigeria -Argentina match review-you would think that only Messi and his teammates were on the field-only their goals and plays were reviewed. No mention of Ahmed Musa or Mikel, or Babatunde or Enyema.
3) ESPN constantly shows reviews of matches- in snippets-the exciting moments-not one reference to any African team or player.
4) Yahoo did a review of the teams left -and of course Algeria and Nigeria were bottom. In fact in reviewing Nigeria-this is what Yahoo said:

"The Super Eagles advanced at the expense of Bosnia-Herzegovina, which were a much better team in the group stages. Life, she is unfair."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/dt-s-world-cup-power-rankings--france-are-le-top-dog-164601571.html

2 sentences and thats all they could say?Bosnia was better than us? Seriously? -yet we scored 2 goals against Argentina and they did not? Yet we won and they lost?

I know its not about us being black-there are black players the world over-its just a disdain and disrespect for Africa. When people hear of France and Nigeria-they think of records-not man to man. Enyema is the best keeper in France -they dont think of this. The Super Eagles have improved with every match -they dont think of this. Mikel plays with Chelsa -they dont think of this. Ahmed Musa-played as good as Messi on Wednesday-they dont think of this.
In fact the only time Nigeria got extended mention was to sympathize with us over the Boko Haram bombing of Wednesday and wondering how it would affect the players.

I know that Africa still lacks behind Europe and South America in records-but we have world class players playing in Europe-are we not worth at least 1 minute mention in a 5 minute segment? Guess without winning the world cup or at least 2 African teams getting to the Semi Finals in two consecutive world cups-they will always consider us as "waka pass" .
@OP you are on point you read my mind i have been having the same thought about their analysis and is kind of crazy and they do it' all the time i hope and wish Africa team prove them wrong this time

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Sammiejo: 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2014
Micheal Ballack
Everton Coach
Ex USA Players
Steve McManaman

The easiest way to deal with this is to open your own TV station and tell your story the way you like

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by toshmann(m): 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2014
In this 2014 we black people are still complaining over minor issues? shocked

If u don't like their comments, come together, organize and get your own sports channel where Amina Ikenna Edet Olawunmi and Efe et al can become commentators.

The Arabs didn't like the western media, they got Al Jazeera and now the west complains of Al Jazeera. Which one be Africa own.

Me I've stopped complaining far back. See how we embarrased ourselves in this World Cup. First Cameroon players had to fight for their bonuses, then Ghana threatened to miss the last match if bonuses are not paid, I even heard the Super Eagles refused to train for their match against France. Who is holding back the bonuses of these african teams? Money that I heard came from FIFA o. How d'you expect oyibo to respect us with this kind of behavior when even we won't respect others of it were others behaving this way.

Next please

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by biomedixexcel(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
We will shame them one day
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by lagtech(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
When Finidi and Kanu were at Ajax-Finidi was by ALL standards the best right winger in the WHOLE world (Number 7) leading Ajax to win 3 Dutch leagues in a row, two Champions cups in a row and the 1995 World Club Cup-Rashidi Yekini was the highest goal scorer in Europe 1993/1994;the wonders that Okocha did in Germany including probably the craziest goal in Bundesliga history -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUPiMFHbbFU.
The list is endless.
Yet the African player has to do the impossible to be recognized.

Our time will come. Infact maybe it has come. Algeria & Nigeria...please do something and take this shame away!

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Abel202: 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2014
[b]My people,
My hobby is listening to news.
And just as most of us have observed, the western world has no single respect for Africans.
But the snake-like aspect is that they go to a great length to hide anything positive from Africa - but they go to an astronomical length to show the negativities.
As far as this FIFA world cup is concerned. Beating France on Monday is a task the Super Eagles MUST ACCOMPLISH.
Because the best way to shut up your critics, shut up the people that never see anything good in you, is to SUCCEED IN THEIR FACE. Then they will be forced to report your success whether they like it or not.
For the first time, Africa has two countries in the knock out stage, that is certainly an improvement. Asia has no representative at this stage whatsoever.
Believe me, NIGERIA SHALL DEFINITELY WIN FRANCE ON MONDAY.
And once that is accomplished, the Final would be our destination.
Some people might be forced to jump into the atlantic ocean or drink poison because of the Incredible Success the Super Eagles shall bring back to Africa.
All those hype about Messy this Messy that, was it not two goals that he scored in that our martch against them? Was it not in the same game that our villain turned hero - Musa also scored 2 goals?
Wahala no deh, Just as the Super Eagles overwhelmed the critics by lifting the Afcon, so shall they give heart attack to some western bigots by Bringing the world Cup home - YES I SAID IT, BRINGING THE WORLD CUP HOME FOR THE PRESIDENT OF THE MOST POPULOUS BLACK NATION ON EARTH TO DRINK WATER WITH IT.[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2014
Whites are Racist chikena, they hate everything black or see anything black as inferior, that's why dey don't want to give us world best. What pains me must is how we treat them when dey cum here; we see dem as small gods (inferiority complex) but when we reach their side, its another sad story
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by manutdadex(m): 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2014
EagleScribes: And what has CAF done to curb all these? I think Africa and Africans itself needs to put their house in order. Let's develop our own thing devoid of corruption and sentiments. Who says we can't shut their mouths up?
sometimes its not abt d leaders of our football d insult is getting too much..wen it comes to africa dey always get it wrong, imagine d friendly we played against italy, a man walking out of d tunell was called keshi and mikel was placed in d wings wen d formations were being shown, but i think africa should start doin tins our way and nt europeanise ourselves. Look at our jerseys..its time we start appreciating our own.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by davidif: 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
Respect is earned bro. Not given. You think this is naija where everybody just defers to you? If the African teams want respect they have to earn it. The only African team that deserves a little bit of respect is Algeria who made it to the second round who did not require an awful and egregious call by the ref to make it to the second round.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Yello1(m): 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
ain't suprise a bit cos nigerians don't even appreciate dere own nt 2 talk of africa entirely,so how will d white respect us.however i will suggest africans just boycott some gathering dt does nt appreciate our race.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by OMA4U(m): 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2014
borga112: Only Algeria will make Africa proud.

France 5 - mumu republic of naija 0

grin grin
You are a bastar.d! I live in Federal Republic of Nigeria same as other proudly Nigerians. Foool...
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Charles1110(m): 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2014
We shouldn't worry on that only time will tell
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by lagtech(m): 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2014
davidif: Respect is earned bro. Not given. You think this is naija where everybody just defers to you? If the African teams want respect they have to earn it. The only African team that deserves a little bit of respect is Algeria who made it to the second round who did not require an awful and egregious call by the ref to make it to the second round.

"egregious call by the ref to make it to the second round"

Hmmmm brosssssssss. We won that game fair and square!!!
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Timijo(m): 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2014
borga112: Only Algeria will make Africa proud.

France 5 - mumu republic of naija 0

grin grin
That is part of what we are saying. If we don't respect our country, nobody will respect us. We are talking about civil behavior that can earns us respect this one is behaving like a mad man who broke chain.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2014
toshmann: In this 2014 we black people are still complaining over minor issues? shocked

If u don't like their comments, come together, organize and get your own sports channel where Amina Ikenna Edet Olawunmi and Efe et al can become commentators.

The Arabs didn't like the western media, they got Al Jazeera and now the west complains of Al Jazeera. Which one be Africa own.

Me I've stopped complaining far back. See how we embarrased ourselves in this World Cup. First Cameroon players had to fight for their bonuses, then Ghana threatened to miss the last match if bonuses are not paid, I even heard the Super Eagles refused to train for their match against France. Who is holding back the bonuses of these african teams? Money that I heard came from FIFA o. How d'you expect oyibo to respect us with this kind of behavior when even we won't respect others of it were others behaving this way.

Next please

You reminded me of something, hold on let me.find it...

Dr. Farrah Gray posted this on Facebook. It's an uncomfortable but blunt look at what you mentioned.

Asian Interviewer: "Can you address their concerns Mr.Chang?"

MR. CHANG: "The concerns of Black people? Yes I can. The fact is, that we all live under a system of White Supremacy. We Asian people look back at our long history of conflict with the European. We observe their strategies and develop our own, in response and in kind. There is no need for loud mass movements on our part, because we intend to overtake them in time, through action and personal sacrifice".

Asian INTERVIEWER: "And the Black man?"

MR. CHANG: "He does not count into our situation. He is simply here. We do not hate the Black man. We just love the Asian man most. Real love--not cliche. We want to see Asian man happy, so we employ him. We eat together. We spend time with each other. We want his kids to be educated, so we invest in our own schools that offer our children the technical abilities to change the world's power structure in our favor. We want to see the Asian man safe, so we purchase and organize our own communities. We want him to remain Asian, so we reduce the outside influence of others ideologies and cultures. While he fought to sniff behind the White man, the Black man has had the opportunity and every right in the world to do the same, but he chooses to indict people like me for not hiring him over my own brothers. For me to do this would be foolish and that would not be Asian love. In contrast, the Black man will fight for the right to be up under everyone else other than other Black people who he should feel the most love for. If our indifference to their situation make us racist, then what would you call the Black man's indifference to his own situation?"

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by davidif: 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2014
vanstanzy:
Africans this is the worlds view about u. Their view about u doesnt matter, unless u make it to matter. Whats ur own view about urself? thats what really matters.

No mind them, them dey too insecure and sensitive.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2014
Fúck white people. White people ruin everything, they’re fúcking pathetic.

"Wah! We have everything in the world but we want more because we deserve it for being white"

Fúck them all, crackers. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by soldierdollar(m): 8:44pm On Jun 28, 2014
Mr Mac-10:
Delusional fuckss thinking Nigeria will win the world cup . Keep dreaming dumb hoes
Your father yansh . if you no know Wetin yansh mean , jump into a lake
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by vanstanzy(m): 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2014
Abel202: [b]My people,
My hobby is listening to news.
And just as most of us have observed, the western world has no single respect for Africans.
But the snake-like aspect is that they go to a great length to hide anything positive from Africa - but they go to an astronomical length to show the negativities.
As far as this FIFA world cup is concerned. Beating France on Monday is a task the Super Eagles MUST ACCOMPLISH.
Because the best way to shut up your critics, shut up the people that never see anything good in you, is to SUCCEED IN THEIR FACE. Then they will be forced to report your success whether they like it or not.
For the first time, Africa has two countries in the knock out stage, that is certainly an improvement. Asia has no representative at this stage whatsoever.
Believe me, NIGERIA SHALL DEFINITELY WIN FRANCE ON MONDAY.
And once that is accomplished, the Final would be our destination.
Some people might be forced to jump into the atlantic ocean or drink poison because of the Incredible Success the Super Eagles shall bring back to Africa.
All those hype about Messy this Messy that, was it not two goals that he scored in that our martch against them? Was it not in the same game that our villain turned hero - Musa also scored 2 goals?
Wahala no deh, Just as the Super Eagles overwhelmed the critics by lifting the Afcon, so shall they give heart attack to some western bigots by Bringing the world Cup home - YES I SAID IT, BRINGING THE WORLD CUP HOME FOR THE PRESIDENT OF THE MOST POPULOUS BLACK NATION ON EARTH TO DRINK WATER WITH IT.[/b]
Well said. 1000000 likes for u. Infact i predicted that NIGERIA beats france 2-0. Nomore will African teams play the wipping boyz.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Soteriahascome: 8:49pm On Jun 28, 2014
Some people can't air their views without insulting others... So bad.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by PhockPhockMan: 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2014
Judolisco: Nice one,they r racist...even africans dnt blieve in theirselves. .wich european team ave u seen tryin 2 boycott bcause of some payment
France, led by Anelka did worse during last world cup.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2014
When you have our Government and our footballers washing their dirty laundry in public about money and refusing to train what do u expect.

Please can anybody tell me how difficult it is to pay the players all their money as quick as possible? its not as if we cant afford it why the delay every time?

and why cant the players be patriotic and stop disgracing the nation. They act as if they are not professionals and are putting their personal gains above representing their country which should be a privilege.

You cant win the world cup if all u go there to do is care about money. it takes hard work, discipline and dedication which most African players lack and they only go there to make up the numbers or disgrace the continent every time. if they are not beating each other up on the pitch they will refuse to train or probably wont board the plane

I don't blame these stations for refusing to acknowledge African players. they see them as money grubbers, Indiscipline and not ready to compete and the see them as frauds as well (old men pretending to be young).

The have no passion and there is nothing important to say about them.

You see some players giving their all to play and win for their country and most times when u see an African player, he is either fighting for a pay rise or stealing at the world cup. This was the same issue that happened before we played Denmark in 1998. players were fighting for money then and now they are doing the same.

When will African governments learn how to put things in order and learn how to manage a nation or an organization?

You don't demand respect, you earn it. No one cared about what happened in China 40 years ago. that's not the case anymore now.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by vanstanzy(m): 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2014
davidif:

No mind them, them dey too insecure and sensitive.
Exactly, our insecurity is killing us Africans. Noone will respect u, unless u first respect urself. Africans cant keep kissing the Whitemans feet and expect respect.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by fubbyy(m): 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2014
henrychubayo: I believe that more slots given to us is an added advantage. So what we can do is pressure Fifa to reduce the slots for Europe and increase the ones for Africa. Once this is done, we will see teams gong all the way. We can not rate africa and Europe the same way if we do not have Equality. For ones, let's push that every continent should get the same number of slots in Fifa competition. That is equality and from there, we will see what happens. Let the Caf Administrators push for these. We seriously need it tat way. Atleast I know that Africa has moore countries than Europe.
Football was born,bred and brought up in europe,in 90's they saw it as a favor to africa by featuring us, don't expect that equality you are talking about,afterall this is the only world cup in history that 2 african teams qualified from group stage, we no dey try at all, the possibility of that equality is in our hands(africa) we have to play well,at least getting to the semi finals or even win the trophy(abi we no be men like dem)

@ topic, racism can never be banished
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by soloqy: 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2014
Can you blame them ? Just imagine what the show of shame African teams have been up to due to match bonuses.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by meforyou1(m): 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2014
ESPN is a racist station. Do you know they closed all their products in Africa?
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by dav8id(m): 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2014
henrychubayo: I believe that more slots given to us is an added advantage. So what we can do is pressure Fifa to reduce the slots for Europe and increase the ones for Africa. Once this is done, we will see teams gong all the way. We can not rate africa and Europe the same way if we do not have Equality. For ones, let's push that every continent should get the same number of slots in Fifa competition. That is equality and from there, we will see what happens. Let the Caf Administrators push for these. We seriously need it tat way. Atleast I know that Africa has moore countries than Europe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jesse Lingard And Pedro Neto Bust-up After West Ham Win Match (Photos) / How Paul Pogba Went From Savior To A Complete Waste Of Money In 10 Images / Davido With World Cup Winning Eaglets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.