Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief (46520 Views)

Super Eagles - The Way Forward / Nigeria’s Super Eagles; The First African Team To Qualify For 2014 World Cup In / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by ChristineC: 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2014
lloydtruth: You don't have to blame the western countries for the unfair treatments given to african countries, we (africans, especially blacks) are the architects of our unfair treatment we always think that we are not good enough and that anything "white" is the ultimate, that is why coaches like finke of cameroun can easily get a coaching job with top african team like cameroun, we alway think they are better that is why an average african football fan will kill himself for european clubs when our local clubs are suffering from lack of followership, in all aspect of life we feel inferior to the whites that is why people bleach their skin. So don't blame the white if they decide to treat us with so much disdain, afterall we don't believe in ourselves.
As much as I respect your submissions, the embolden is an invalid point.
Many white folks also go for butt implants cuz they want to have the African bakassi. The men also try their hands on rod modification to feel big so? hahaha

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by faithboi: 6:49pm On Jun 28, 2014
Royal Roy: Good point Op.

Have you also considered the way the refer to Africa as if we are just one country?

"Asamoah Gyan is the highest goal scorer in Africa with 6 goals in the World Cup"

"We expect the Africans to play a defensive football...... that was a reference to Nigeria before the Argentina match"

So disgusting sometimes when all the records of Mess I or Muller is not combined and named as an European record or a south americn record.

Can't blame them much though.... we need to improve on our ratings and presence at decision making so we can correct all these anomalies.
your last paragraph was brought outvof my mind....until we dominate a game or games and heve the european or americans chasing,they wont respect us...until we stop descriminating ourselves...we so improve our football that the europeans or S/N americans defend while playing with us,they wont respect us.....IT BEGINS WITH ME AND YOU

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Arsenate(m): 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2014
Mr Mac-10:
Who is the self-servicer calling for more slots to be added . I hope you watched Japan vs Greece,and Naija vs Iran. Man Africa and Asian slots should be cut down to avoid embarrassment like Cameroon and company
this Mr Mac 10 is an example of the dumbos dragging the black race backward. all his posts are filled with hate towards his race. he probably thinks he's smart and he's just one of the few objective blacks around.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2014
Commentators will forever remain bias. BBC commentators - God is watching you in 3D angry

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by DocAdray(f): 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2014
Till we prove them wrong, this status quo may never change...
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by eben28(m): 6:52pm On Jun 28, 2014
The best way to avoid all these critics is to pay deaf ears to their comments and do things that beats their imaginations thereby creating more puzzles for them to solve.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:53pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nice one OP. Great Observation.

But to think of the fact that we citizens are worse of misrepresenting thus nation or devaluing it. If you check my posts before we qualified, right from when the world cup started, I've been dugged and positive in my support for SE. I can't say the same for many here on NL. Nigerians are so filled with negativity that they don't see any single good thing in this Nation. Not only the leadership has problem, even the masses are terrible. And to think some are educated is even more disheartening.

Anyway, if there's one thing I'm sure of, Nigeria will beat France to advance to quarter finals and mist likely semi finals.

Quote me when that happens. It will be the first in history. Not that other teams are not better, but we have God on our side this time around.

No matter all their officiating cheats, we shall overcome. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2014
I agree fully with OP. The only way for us to gain their respect is:

1) to put on an outstanding performance in our upcoming games. We'll use france as a scapegoat grin grin

2) Support your team till you die. None of this plastic fan bull5hit like saying "#bringbackourboys" or calling them "super chickens" etc. How will you be respected when you insult your own people? undecided

3) Don't mind them.

As for me though, I refuse to care about what others are doing/saying. I will continue to support Nigeria through thick and thin because that's my only home.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by faithboi: 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2014
Dospix: I really don't think we should keep whimpering about the worlds proclivity to always look down on Africa's achievement. The best way we can reply their NEGATIVISM towards AFRICA is by encouraging our football team to do better in the world cup. Africans lackluster performance in previous competitions has helped to concretized their wrong perception that record says it all in football...i expect the super Eagles to let the world know that AFRICA is no push over...SUPER EAGLES ALL THE WAY***
very true...even some of us,I mean some africans see themselves as inferior to those from the western world....our leaders aint helping matters at all...they present africans to the western world as slaves and numb skulls....SADLY
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by BlueMagic2(m): 7:03pm On Jun 28, 2014
African nations at the world cup fighting over money their FA is withholding and you expect respect from the rest of the world. RESPECT is earned not given. Nuff said

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2014
this is minor, listening to Alexi Lalas is an exercise in self-inflicted pain.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Goldenboy007(m): 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
lagtech: I am watching the World Cup in the United States-on ESPN, ESPN 2 AND ABC. They have world class commentators including
Micheal Ballack
Everton Coach
Ex USA Players
Steve McManaman
Ex Argentina and Brazil players
Gilberto Silva -2002 World Cup winner
Even ex Super Eagles Efan Ekoku is a commentator.

But the insults to Africa by ESPN and the world media is just unbelievable.

1) Micheal Ballack-said clearly that NO African team would make the 2nd round. Well he's been proved wrong.
2) In the Nigeria -Argentina match review-you would think that only Messi and his teammates were on the field-only their goals and plays were reviewed. No mention of Ahmed Musa or Mikel, or Babatunde or Enyema.
3) ESPN constantly shows reviews of matches- in snippets-the exciting moments-not one reference to any African team or player.
4) Yahoo did a review of the teams left -and of course Algeria and Nigeria were bottom. In fact in reviewing Nigeria-this is what Yahoo said:

"The Super Eagles advanced at the expense of Bosnia-Herzegovina, which were a much better team in the group stages. Life, she is unfair."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/dt-s-world-cup-power-rankings--france-are-le-top-dog-164601571.html

2 sentences and thats all they could say?Bosnia was better than us? Seriously? -yet we scored 2 goals against Argentina and they did not? Yet we won and they lost?

I know its not about us being black-there are black players the world over-its just a disdain and disrespect for Africa. When people hear of France and Nigeria-they think of records-not man to man. Enyema is the best keeper in France -they dont think of this. The Super Eagles have improved with every match -they dont think of this. Mikel plays with Chelsa -they dont think of this. Ahmed Musa-played as good as Messi on Wednesday-they dont think of this.
In fact the only time Nigeria got extended mention was to sympathize with us over the Boko Haram bombing of Wednesday and wondering how it would affect the players.

I know that Africa still lacks behind Europe and South America in records-but we have world class players playing in Europe-are we not worth at least 1 minute mention in a 5 minute segment? Guess without winning the world cup or at least 2 African teams getting to the Semi Finals in two consecutive world cups-they will always consider us as "waka pass" .

Great ! So you noticed too? Its very irritating ! I complained same thing to my guys! If I had a choice I won't watch from ESPN. Watching soccer in US is very boring ! There are times I am forced to watch it on this Spanish Station Univision, its free to air but the only issue is they dont speak English.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by experimentist: 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
hollandis: I am in lourve with this post kiss
You can marry the post if you want.. Or even kidnap the post and use it to ur own advantage..
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by mencade5(m): 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
lagtech: I am watching the World Cup in the United States-on ESPN, ESPN 2 AND ABC. They have world class commentators including
Micheal Ballack
Everton Coach
Ex USA Players
Steve McManaman

1) Micheal Ballack-said clearly that NO African team would make the 2nd round. Well he's been proved wrong.
2) In the Nigeria -Argentina match review-you would think that only Messi and his teammates were on the field-only their goals and plays were reviewed. No mention of Ahmed Musa or Mikel, or Babatunde or Enyema.
3) ESPN constantly shows reviews of matches- in snippets-the exciting moments-not one reference to any African team or player.
4) Yahoo did a review of the teams left -and of course Algeria and Nigeria were bottom. In fact in reviewing Nigeria-this is what Yahoo said:

"The Super Eagles advanced at the expense of Bosnia-Herzegovina, which were a much better team in the group stages. Life, she is unfair."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/dt-s-world-cup-power-rankings--france-are-le-top-dog-164601571.html

2 sentences and thats all they could say?Bosnia was better than us? Seriously? -yet we scored 2 goals against Argentina and they did not? Yet we won and they lost?

I know its not about us being black-there are black players the world over-its just a disdain and disrespect for Africa. When people hear of France and Nigeria-they think of records-not man to man. Enyema is the best keeper in France -they dont think of this. The Super Eagles have improved with every match -they dont think of this. Mikel plays with Chelsa -they dont think of this. Ahmed Musa-played as good as Messi on Wednesday-they dont think of this.
In fact the only time Nigeria got extended mention was to sympathize with us over the Boko Haram bombing of Wednesday and wondering how it would affect the players.

I know that Africa still lacks behind Europe and South America in records-but we have world class players playing in Europe-are we not worth at least 1 minute mention in a 5 minute segment? Guess without winning the world cup or at least 2 African teams getting to the Semi Finals in two consecutive world cups-they will always consider us as "waka pass" .
over dependency on the western and arab world is the main cause.

1; our gals dont like their narural air. They prefer brazilian air.

2. Our singers wants to sing like the americans and rap like them.

3. Out ladies wants to copy single motherhood from them, which is idiotic.

4. Others always copy from saudi arabian and israel for nonsense reasons. Covers face like them. Pray like them. Kill like them

Why we they respect us?

Africans stop all this western copy copy. Abeg and bring respect to ur land.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by myspnigeria: 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2014
lmao..... all is well...
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by shagzee(m): 7:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
well all i know is that will africa also need unification"""because charity beginz at home'''' but due 2 what they are saying''' just les pray 4 Nigeria 2 win their next match against France !!!!then we will know WHO is who"""
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Burger01(m): 7:20pm On Jun 28, 2014
traware: There is nothing serious here.We Africans should stop moaning.What is the best way to reply your detractors?BY SUCCEEDING!!!!
The level of hatred and racism is what I see as serious.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by daveP(m): 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nigerians!!! See reasons we are giving cos of ESPN deliberate act.
Base reason is RACISM(we always look to them the wat we were centuries ago,yet they can do without some of our rich mineral resources)
to say its a mistake nt viewing us is jst nt seeing d handwriting on the wall.its to simple to ignore.....they can say cos we are this or dat,thats whythey showed only messi.yet they can willinly beg william sisters to snap nude by offering cash.since day 1,i neva liked ESPN,they keep proving me right each passing day. Rubbish!
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by deletrue: 7:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
henrychubayo: I believe that more slots given to us is an added advantage. So what we can do is pressure Fifa to reduce the slots for Europe and increase the ones for Africa. Once this is done, we will see teams gong all the way. We can not rate africa and Europe the same way if we do not have Equality. For ones, let's push that every continent should get the same number of slots in Fifa competition. That is equality and from there, we will see what happens. Let the Caf Administrators push for these. We seriously need it tat way. Atleast I know that Africa has moore countries than Europe.
What gladen or sweeten my heart is highly intellligent posts like this one. Thanks for been an intelligent Nigerian.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Dornmike(m): 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2014
Why should we blame these white people;wen degrade ourselves here- yoruba washing hausa. And also beliving everything d white does is good.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Fulba(m): 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2014
mikeansy: well when our players refuse to train after qualifying for second round in a world cup because of money what do you expect?

you cant ask for respect when you have no respect for you self.

I agree with you. But these players knows the country they are from. If the governments were not bad these players would have played and forget about their pay because they know know that at the end their pay will always get into their accounts. Think about how they will finish all the games and one big shot will just eat all their money. You can't blame the players for requesting their payment. It's the corrupt system that deserves that blame.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by toluene12: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2014
lagtech:

But France almost did worse than that at the 2010 World Cup-yet they still have respect.

Luis suarez bit somewhere and both him and his country Uruguay still have respect.

England fans used to kill opposing fans before the 1985 EUFA massacare where 45 people where killed and England has never won a World Cup aside from 1996 when they hosted and Pele was injured in the Quarter final-yet they have respect.

u need to see the comments on youtube when cameroon Assou-Ekotto headbutt his team mate.
it was like the whole of africa commited the offence.
-blacks will always be blacks
-africans should be banned from the world cup
-they remembered their buffalos at home

when suarez removed a chunk of chellini's flesh, no one called uruguayans canibals.
when the french team prefered to insult each other rather than play ball no called french people touts.
when frank rjkaard was busy spitting at german players at italian '90, the dutch people received no uncomplementary remarks.
but when it comes to africa, the suppresed negative perception about africa suddenly comes alive and all africans are seen from one myopic angle.
the evil that men do starts and ends with them and should not in any way be extended to other members of his clans.
thanks

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 28, 2014
greall1: Welcome back nairaland.
Coming back today
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by oluamid(m): 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2014
I hope this thread will ring the death knell on the APC vs PDP and Igbo vs Yoruba and other bigotry shitz.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Forwetinnah: 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2014
And Nigerian matches have been the most watched so far in the tournament. ..bia!! Make this people respect us o!! If not for anything, for the ratings wey we dey rake. Nonsense!!!
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by ikeyman00(m): 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2014
@@@@

at op

sorry to say i Ikeyman has no time to read your thread; if u are just noticing now then we the Biafra say good morning !

As of 2014 we are on; i mean 2014 for god sake do anyone still believe your darling oyigbo care about Africa; poor pooor and silly africans; hmmm 2014 im talking all the way to 1600 pit hell; hahha forgive me dnt mean to laugh but i will hahhahhah

Some iddiots and haters in nl also castigated super eagles and they are still here which i share the same country with; when white man call some of yall monkey u scream racist ehh

Anyway me watching from UK; listened when Glenn Hurdle predicted a draw as against Argentina only for him to come back after the match talking about the arges aint playing on their top gear? they are quick to point out the defensive errors they made that lead to a goal for the eagles while they forget that most of Argentina three goal came from SET PIECES and defending blunder.

Hear Keshi spoke; "i think Messi is from Jupiter while u got to recognize Musa pace is from Mars"

they press ignore the bit Musa is from mars while parading the Jupiter

like we have reached we are heading to Biafra

enuff said!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Forwetinnah: 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2014
toluene12:

u need to see the comments on youtube when cameroon Assou-Ekotto headbutt his team mate.
it was like the whole of africa commited the offence.
-blacks will always be blacks
-africans should be banned from the world cup
-they remembered their buffalos at home

when suarez removed a chunk of chellini's flesh, no one called uruguayans canibals.
when the french team prefered to insult each other rather than play ball no called french people touts.
when frank rjkaard was busy spitting at german players at italian '90, the dutch people received no uncomplementary remarks.
but when it comes to africa, the suppresed negative perception about africa suddenly comes alive and all africans are seen from one myopic angle.
the evil that men do starts and ends with them and should not in any way be extended to other members of his clans.
thanks

You dey waste time...In such cases I go on an abuse rampage till I'm banned. On yahoo sports, I be their customer. Fooooolish people

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by vicenzo(m): 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2014
usermane:
this is poor citation.
They conceded just two goals to Argentina but we conceded 3.
They score 3 goals against Iran and we scored none.
Our victory over them was controversial, Dheko had his goal incorrectly ruled out. Otherwise, Bosnia would have qualified.

You are the dullard here. Nigeria and Argentina played an ultra defensive Iran, bent on getting a draw, Bosnia played an Iran side that needed a win and played an attacking football,getting exposed in the process. Nigeria and Argentina would have trashed an offensive Iran side that Bosnia played.

A 3-2 result is better than a 2-1 result, so for all it's worth, Nigeria played better against Argentina than Bosnia did.

Against Bosnia,Nigeria was clearly the better team,as we had more shots on and off target than Bosnia, a goal ruled offside with up to 70 mins left to play and the score line still zeros,is no reason to lose a football match,if you are the better team. I have seen teams win with 10 men ,Costa rica had a penalty denied,but still went ahead to win Italy.

Bosnia lost out cos they were clearly inferior to Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by tlops(m): 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by ofala(m): 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2014
My brother! I particularly want to hail you for your observations because these didnt start this World cup Season but the time we begin to spot these kinda bull craps and give it back to them via well meditated actions, the better. The slowpokes can continue to downgrade Africa in their minds but hear this; Nigeria MUST WIN FRANCE.....save this till Monday...Ofcourse i know you got what i'm saying...Cheers!
Micheal Ballack
Everton Coach
Ex USA Players
Steve McManaman

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by vicenzo(m): 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2014
Blue Magic: African nations at the world cup fighting over money their FA is withholding and you expect respect from the rest of the world. RESPECT is earned not given. Nuff said

But they reserved respect for a drug sniffing Maradona and his Argentina countrymen, his dubious act of scoring with hand praised as hand of God. They reserved respect for vampire suarez and his Uruguay countrymen who are defending him?

You are blind.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Strongbest(m): 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
"The best revenge is massive success." ..... They're entitled to their opinion. Let Super Eagles win the world cup and see if they won't bow. Trust me, soon their opinion won't count at all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jesse Lingard And Pedro Neto Bust-up After West Ham Win Match (Photos) / Jesse Lingard's Cars And His Trademark Custom Touches / Bursaspor Vs Fenerbahce: Smoking 36-Year-Old Man Thought To Be A 'Child'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.