Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677917 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by akatonero(m): 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
My wife just got an interview date 18th Sept. I was like wow cos I know the whole sept is fully booked and Oct is still climbing. There's nothing God can't do u know.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ayoade0505: 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
hello VO, thanks for the prompt response the other time.
The F1-130 was submitted late last month(July 2015) by my wife, and after 8 days she got message that her petition has been received enroute to California for further processing. My question is; When can we start tracking the petition?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
ayoade0505:
hello VO, thanks for the prompt response the other time.
The F1-130 was submitted late last month(July 2015) by my wife, and after 8 days she got message that her petition has been received enroute to California for further processing. My question is; When can we start tracking the petition?

Sorry, I don't have an answer for this one. It's a question for USCIS.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by john2son5: 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2015
Dear VO,
thanks for your response to my question. I read your comment on someone else's question about birth certificate.
I have original birth certificate issued by defunct bendel state but because the certificate is old and when I was starting my l-130 application I was advise to also get NPC attestation of birth. Now I used the NPC attestation of birth and my old original birth certificate. The stamps on the birth certificate are also not very clear again.
Can using this two proof of birth at the same time posse any problem?
Note that my birth was not registered with NPC before now because the commission was not existing when I was born.
Await your response.
My mouth cannot say how thankful I am for all you are doing for us.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by winnie123: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
Thank for the response. The visa will be issued by God's grace.

Qquote author=VisaOfficer post=37395755]

If your legal name is your married name, your husband should have used it when he filed the petition. But you can correct that when you fill out the online DS-260. The visa, if issued, will reflect the name in your passport.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Abigalbee98(f): 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
Tanks so much VO, and pls what will dey ask as evidence abt my parent country.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Abigalbee98(f): 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
Good eve VO, how will i obtain a replacement birth certificate from d government office.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ayoade0505: 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
Thanks. My O'level results carried just my first and last names, but when I got to university we were made to add middle name. my passport carried the names on my Bsc result. And my petition carried the three names too. I hope the middle name missing from my O'level will not be an issue during interview?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Abigalbee98(f): 10:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
Goodday my fantastic VO,
just wanna ask dis question can some1 study nd work has well in u.s......if yes what are d document needed for d interview
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Abigalbee98(f): 11:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
Dear VO......
After ur visa have been approved and u av collected ur visa nd passport.....what i wanna knw is dat after getting to america how will u live,work or study...... like,is it d work of u.s governments to provide u wit a house,books nd food
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2015
john2son5:
Dear VO,
thanks for your response to my question. I read your comment on someone else's question about birth certificate.
I have original birth certificate issued by defunct bendel state but because the certificate is old and when I was starting my l-130 application I was advise to also get NPC attestation of birth. Now I used the NPC attestation of birth and my old original birth certificate. The stamps on the birth certificate are also not very clear again.
Can using this two proof of birth at the same time posse any problem?
Note that my birth was not registered with NPC before now because the commission was not existing when I was born.
Await your response.
My mouth cannot say how thankful I am for all you are doing for us.

This should not pose a problem. The officer may ask you to explain, but from what you've written here, it all makes sense.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
Abigalbee98:
Tanks so much VO,
and pls what will dey ask as evidence abt my parent country.

All I can say is that you won't be asked for anything you shouldn't be able to provide. (I'm not here to give tips for passing the interview, as unfortunately not all readers have pure intentions.)

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
Abigalbee98:
Good eve VO,
how will i obtain a replacement birth certificate from d government office.

This is up to you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
ayoade0505:
Thanks. My O'level results carried just my first and last names, but when I got to university we were made to add middle name. my passport carried the names on my Bsc result. And my petition carried the three names too. I hope the middle name missing from my O'level will not be an issue during interview?

As long as the names make sense, we're willing to believe that John Doe and John Christopher Doe are the same person. We have more questions when John Christopher Doe shows us a diploma in the name of William Doe. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:23pm On Aug 27, 2015
Abigalbee98:
Goodday my fantastic VO,
just wanna ask dis question can some1 study nd work has well in u.s......if yes what are d document needed for d interview

It depends what visa category you're asking about. In general, yes, you can study and work in the U.S. if you immigrate, but not if you are there on a B1/B2 or many other kinds of non-immigrant visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
Abigalbee98:
Dear VO......
After ur visa have been approved and u av collected ur visa nd passport.....what i wanna knw is dat after getting to america how will u live,work or study...... like,is it d work of u.s governments to provide u wit a house,books nd food

No. This is a common misconception. It is absolutely not the government's job to provide a house, books, and food to immigrants. In fact, pretty much all adult immigrants must show that they can support themselves (or be supported by one or more sponsors) in order to qualify for a visa. Diversity Visa applicants don't need sponsors, but if they don't qualify either academically or vocationally, they won't receive a visa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
Let me repeat the information about Diversity Visa applicants who want to charge to a parent's country of birth, as I suspect some of our readers have not reviewed it carefully...

1. What do the terms “native” and “chargeability” mean?

Native ordinarily means someone born in a particular country, regardless of the individual’s current country of residence or nationality. Native can also mean someone who is entitled to be charged to a country other than
the one in which he/she was born under the provisions of Section 202(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Because a numerical limitation is placed on immigrants entering from a country or geographic region, each individual is charged to a country. Your chargeability refers to the country whose limitation you count towards.

2. Can I still apply if I was not born in a qualifying country?

There are two circumstances in which you still might be eligible to apply. First, if your derivative spouse was born in an eligible country, you may claim chargeability to that country. As your eligibility is based on your
spouse, you will only be issued a DV-1 immigrant visa if your spouse is also eligible for and issued a DV-2 visa. Both of you must enter the United States together using your DVs. Similarly, your minor dependent child can be “charged” to a parent’s country of birth.

Second, you can be “charged” to the country of birth of either of your parents as long as neither of your parents was born in or a resident of your country of birth at the time of your birth. People are not generally
considered residents of a country in which they were not born or legally naturalized, if they were only visiting, studying in the country temporarily, or stationed temporarily for business or professional reasons on behalf of
a company or government from a different country other than the one in which you were born.

If you claim alternate chargeability through either of the above, you must provide an explanation on the E-DV Entry Form, in question #6.

Listing an incorrect country of eligibility or chargeability (i.e., one to which you cannot establish a valid claim) may disqualify your entry.
As Nigeria is not eligible to participate in the DV program, persons from Nigeria who attempt to cross-charge to an incorrect country will be disqualified. No refunds.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DpdNKerosene(f): 1:58am On Aug 28, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I do love policy and procedure questions! Your fiance could apply for a non-immigrant visa, but frankly he's likely to be refused 214(b) as an intending immigrant if his sole reason for applying is to find out if he's going to have an ineligibility for his K1 visa. I could be wrong -- there could be more to the story than what you've posted for my eyes. It's up to you and him, of course.

Every time I type that scenario, it sounds a bit selfish to waste people's time just to speed up our own knowing that he will be refused regardless. Ah, I wish there was a way to file the waiver ahead of time without wasting anyone's time or taking an appointment that someone else could have had.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ElijahFobs: 2:02am On Aug 28, 2015
Hello vo, I was diagnosed of congestive heart failure here in Nigeria.. Pls is there any hope of getting visa to US for treatment cos my step brother wanna seek for me a good medical treatment over there in US cos he is a citizen
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:46am On Aug 28, 2015
DpdNKerosene:

Every time I type that scenario, it sounds a bit selfish to waste people's time just to speed up our own knowing that he will be refused regardless. Ah, I wish there was a way to file the waiver ahead of time without wasting anyone's time or taking an appointment that someone else could have had.

Hey, he'd be paying for the interview, there's no selfishness involved. I have no idea how it would go, honestly. Again, not advising you to do it, not advising you not to. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:47am On Aug 28, 2015
ElijahFobs:
Hello vo, I was diagnosed of congestive heart failure here in Nigeria.. Pls is there any hope of getting visa to US for treatment cos my step brother wanna seek for me a good medical treatment over there in US cos he is a citizen

This is a question for the non-immigrant visa thread.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DpdNKerosene(f): 2:54am On Aug 28, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Hey, he'd be paying for the interview, there's no selfishness involved. I have no idea how it would go, honestly. Again, not advising you to do it, not advising you not to. smiley

In a way I really want to go ahead and get the misrepresentation out on the table so that when he goes for his K1 visa, it won't completely revolve around him explaining everything... ya know?

I'm worried that they'll refuse him at the K1 because of it and NOT give him the opportunity for a waiver... is that possible?

Thanks for answering all of our stuff at 9:56pm, lol- you're amazing!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:08am On Aug 28, 2015
DpdNKerosene:

In a way I really want to go ahead and get the misrepresentation out on the table so that when he goes for his K1 visa, it won't completely revolve around him explaining everything... ya know?

I'm worried that they'll refuse him at the K1 because of it and NOT give him the opportunity for a waiver... is that possible?

Thanks for answering all of our stuff at 9:56pm, lol- you're amazing!

Well, if the officer's not convinced that it's a bona fide relationship, the petition would be returned to USCIS with the refusal code 221(g). And now I've given you something new to worry about, so don't think about that right now. One step at a time. Keep swimming, keep swimming.

It is late! Let's call it a night. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DpdNKerosene(f): 4:12am On Aug 28, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Well, if the officer's not convinced that it's a bona fide relationship, the petition would be returned to USCIS with the refusal code 221(g). And now I've given you something new to worry about, so don't think about that right now. One step at a time. Keep swimming, keep swimming.

It is late! Let's call it a night. smiley

>O (that's a fish, by the way)!

I have tried to push that out of the way because I know that our relationship is very real and I believe that they will see that. I am praying so!
Thank you again for everything you do! I'll miss you so much when you officially leave!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 28, 2015
Dear VO
Ve been on this forum for up to 3months
Have never seen any one Talking about F3
case
My case has been current since last year August
Up till now I haven't gotten my visa interview yet
Ve submitted my documents and it has not been completed yet for upto 4months now ..
Ve been to other countries visa forum it doesn't take this long .. Nvc said they are still reviewing my documents
How long will I HV to wait for Case complete ?
Are Nigerians Usually issued f3 visa ?
Please vo I need your help am really frustrated
11years now . embarassed
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mcaylife(m): 10:51am On Aug 28, 2015
hello VO its going to 4 months now that my wife sent the form 130. she's a us citizen. we are thinking of applying for k3 visa. pls when can we file for it and how can we go about it.. I know u don't like talking about cases that's still at USCIS but we just need your advice here on what do because we miss each other so much plus we got family to make as well *smile*
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
Is there an additional $240 fee paid at the consulate in Lagos for K-1?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
After Eight Month on (221(g))Administrative Processing Required, I finally got an Email from the embassy asking me to come with another fresh Form 1-20 to complete my Application that has been pending, Ma will like to know if the (APR) has finally been concluded.
Nwanegbo Christian Maduka
Passport Number A04086451
DS-160 Number AA004FMXJ6
Best Regards
Nwanegbo Christian
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by MrNesta: 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello vo, another quick question pls.. I've tried to track my visa status on the ceac website and its been stuck at READY for 3weeks now. Does this mean my case is under AP? My fiancee is getting really impatient as I have no solid explanation to what is going on. Thank you for your time as always.

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (223)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.