Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820355 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by laweenu(m): 10:54am On Mar 27, 2017
Good day VO,
I intend visiting the usa last year for holiday and the agent who filled my forms stated I studied business administration which was wrong cos I studied electrical engr, I ended up gotten denied. I intend to apply again this year filling the form myself. I would like to know if I can change that and it's effect. Thanks in anticipation of your response
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by charzyh2: 11:22am On Mar 27, 2017
Visa Officer, can an international student transfer from a US school to a Canadian school without going back to Nigeria?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello OmoBendel24. Residents of Canada who are landed immigrants need a passport and visa to enter the United States, unless they are a citizen of a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If they are a citizen of a country eligible for the VWP, they are only required to have their valid passport - coming by land or sea. The visa validity is determined by nationality, so having Canada residency would not affect the terms of the visa.

OmoBendel24:

And a Nigerian passport holder that is a Canadian Permanent Resident Card holder, residing in Canada and applies from Canada too? What validity will this individual's US B1/B2 visa carry if granted there in Canada? Good morning dear VO

@Dotcomenamename; isn't this person in question a permanent resident card holder?

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by CallmeTonight: 12:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
hello
Please I would like to know if the ds-160 has been modified. There are some questions that didn't displayed. The question regarding applicants work/education history didn't displayed and the question have you traveled before didn't.
Secondly, I once applied for a Canadian visa and was denied. Then time I was self employed and now am in business organization. I learned you have access to Canadian visa application form and I hope that won't be seen as inconsistencies
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hi CallmeTonight. Those questions are still a part of the DS-160. A visa refusal by Canada does not disqualify an applicant for a US visa.

CallmeTonight:
hello
Please I would like to know if the ds-160 has been modified. There are some questions that didn't displayed. The question regarding applicants work/education history didn't displayed and the question have you traveled before didn't.
Secondly, I once applied for a Canadian visa and was denied. Then time I was self employed and now am in business organization. I learned you have access to Canadian visa application form and I hope that won't be seen as inconsistencies
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by CallmeTonight: 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2017
abujaniv:
Hi CallmeTonight. Those questions are still a part of the DS-160. A visa refusal by Canada does not disqualify an applicant for a US visa.

Thanks for answering my questions. Please I used three browsers yet those questions didn't displayed. I was able to submit the application without the questions
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by OmoBendel24: 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello OmoBendel24. Residents of Canada who are landed immigrants need a passport and visa to enter the United States, unless they are a citizen of a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If they are a citizen of a country eligible for the VWP, they are only required to have their valid passport - coming by land or sea. The visa validity is determined by nationality, so having Canada residency would not affect the terms of the visa.

Okay, good. However, @LagosNIV did respond to a similar but not exact situation last year on the USA Visit Visa thread, these views (@the bolded) look irreconcilable to me for now, is there a new development? Would appreciate if a synthesizing of both could be done. Thanks and regards

LagosNIV:

The validity of U.S. visas is determined by reciprocity - we give Nigerians what they give Americans who are applying for the same visa class. This is based on the nationality of the individual. As a Canadian permanent resident, you would count as a Canadian (kind of like a U.S. LPR counts as an American in these circumstances), but as a student in Canada you gain no such benefit.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Teewhy29: 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hi VO,

I just tried completing the DS-160 form but i feel like the form is incomplete. For example, it did not ask for my travel history outside the US.

Also, I am applying with my mom. Is it possible for us to get interviewed together? How do I go about the visa fee payment and interview appointment? Do I pay to GTbank as a lump sum so I can schedule one interview date and submit two separate applications?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:04pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello Teewhy29. Questions about non-US travel are in the Security and Background section of the DS-160. You can be interviewed with your mother. Follow the instructions at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng
If you have more detailed questions, contact customer support.

Teewhy29:
Hi VO,

I just tried completing the DS-160 form but i feel like the form is incomplete. For example, it did not ask for my travel history outside the US.

Also, I am applying with my mom. Is it possible for us to get interviewed together? How do I go about the visa fee payment and interview appointment? Do I pay to GTbank as a lump sum so I can schedule one interview date and submit two separate applications?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by princegboye(m): 5:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello sir. Thanks for taking your time to answer us. I have a quick question. I recently got a B1/B2 visa with my mom and sister(family) It was stated on the application that I am travelling with her and my sister. But now. She seem not interested in traveling for Now. This is my question. Can I travel alone? Since its stated on the application that I am travelling with my mom and sister, and I proceed to travel alone. Wouldn't that be considered as lying on the application form at the port of entry? Pls advise
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello princegboye. You may travel alone. Just explain the situation to CBP at the port of entry if they ask where the rest of your family is.

princegboye:
Hello sir. Thanks for taking your time to answer us. I have a quick question. I recently got a B1/B2 visa with my mom and sister(family) It was stated on the application that I am travelling with her and my sister. But now. She seem not interested in traveling for Now. This is my question. Can I travel alone? Since its stated on the application that I am travelling with my mom and sister, and I proceed to travel alone. Wouldn't that be considered as lying on the application form at the port of entry? Pls advise
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Believe13: 8:38am On Mar 28, 2017
Dear VO, Thanks so much.

Am sorry am asking lots of question s. Pls pardon me. Its my first time.
Pls am I suppose to come with my husband on interview date. I was told its better, so they know am not going on my own without my husband's consent?

Or should I convince him to go on the vacation with me. though is quite busy now on a project .

Thanks as always.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:51pm On Mar 28, 2017
Hello Believe13. You can come in by yourself or with your spouse. Those decisions are entirely up to you.

Believe13:
Dear VO, Thanks so much.

Am sorry am asking lots of question s. Pls pardon me. Its my first time.
Pls am I suppose to come with my husband on interview date. I was told its better, so they know am not going on my own without my husband's consent?

Or should I convince him to go on the vacation with me. though is quite busy now on a project .

Thanks as always.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by pachos129081141: 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2017
Dear AbujaNIV,

I need your kind opinion here.

I was issued a B1B2 visa for a holiday, which I utilised for the vacation being the purpose the visa was issued.

However, during the intervirew, I didnt know I was already pregnant. I discovered some months later and decided to birth in the U.S since it is legal. I disclosed to the CBP officers, and had an encounter with immigrations, but eventually, I was allowed entry.

If you calculate from the date of issuance of the visa to the birth date, its exactly 9 months, so its possible for a woman not to know she's pregnant at that very early stage of pregnancy.

In your own opinion as an experienced Officer, will you consider my situation as a case of misrepresentation or dishonesty as the CBP officer claims? I honestly didnt know I was pregnant and the exactly nine months duration between the visa issuance and birth date is my only proof.

Many women are going through this challenge which they have no control over.

Anticipating your kind response.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
Hello pachos129081141. We're not going to go into the specifics of any case here. Birth tourism is legal, provided the applicant is open about their intention --at the Embassy and border-- and can pay their bills in full. It comes down to credibility, and if the visa officer and/or border patrol officer believes you have been open and honest. You are an adult, and therefore you do have control over your travel plans and how you present yourself.

pachos129081141:
Dear AbujaNIV,

I need your kind opinion here.

I was issued a B1B2 visa for a holiday, which I utilised for the vacation being the purpose the visa was issued.

However, during the intervirew, I didnt know I was already pregnant. I discovered some months later and decided to birth in the U.S since it is legal. I disclosed to the CBP officers, and had an encounter with immigrations, but eventually, I was allowed entry.

If you calculate from the date of issuance of the visa to the birth date, its exactly 9 months, so its possible for a woman not to know she's pregnant at that very early stage of pregnancy.

In your own opinion as an experienced Officer, will you consider my situation as a case of misrepresentation or dishonesty as the CBP officer claims? I honestly didnt know I was pregnant and the exactly nine months duration between the visa issuance and birth date is my only proof.

Many women are going through this challenge which they have no control over.

Anticipating your kind response.

Cheers.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by knostbrown01(m): 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2017
VO. my first time of applying for US Visa was last year which was declined but told to re apply, I have now lost the password to the e-mail I used, now that I want to reapply and schedule interview date, I was been directed to the email I used.

please, what can I do, I have lost the password and couldn't find a way to the email again.

cc: abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by pachos129081141: 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
Thanks for your prompt response.

I noticed that you consistenlty use the phrase ''being open about their intention both at the Embassy and Border''. However in a situation where one's pregnancy status changes immediately after the interview, how can she update the US embassy. Even if I was open about my intention at the Border, it would seem I wasn't open during the interview.

Am really worried, if I had known, I would have distant myself from my husband and not get pregnant for the period, in order to save my visa.

abujaniv:
Hello pachos129081141. We're not going to go into the specifics of any case here. Birth tourism is legal, provided the applicant is open about their intention --[b]at the Embassy and border-- [/b]and can pay their bills in full. It comes down to credibility, and if the visa officer and/or border patrol officer believes you have been open and honest. You are an adult, and therefore you do have control over your travel plans and how you present yourself.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
Hello knostbrown01. Visa officers do not tell people to reapply. We say that applicants "may" reapply if they so choose. You will have to inquire with customer service about the e-mail issue.

knostbrown01:
VO. my first time of applying for US Visa was last year which was declined but told to re apply, I have now lost the password to the e-mail I used, now that I want to reapply and schedule interview date, I was been directed to the email I used.

please, what can I do, I have lost the password and couldn't find a way to the email again.

cc: abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Elandhas: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
Dear VO,
I filled my ds 160 for myself and my family sometimes in 2013 and an application ID was generated for us, but we did not book an appointment neither do I make any payment, Fast track to 2017, I want to apply for a tourist visa can I fill another ds 160 form, because I cant even remember all the login details I used then. please I need your urgent response and wont filling a new ds 160 form affect me.

regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JonJon2017: 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
Dear VO,

My question is related to an earlier poster, Pachos129081141's question about getting pregnant after the interview.

In that scenario, how can one update the embassy so as not to be seen as being untruthful, and as evidenced from the fact that it's exactly nine months interval from her interview she put to birth (as she said).

You only said birth tourism is Legal provided one is open, and can pay the complete bills. Please tell us how one can update her records in such an event.

We crave answers.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by inikamoze(m): 12:18am On Mar 29, 2017
Dear VO

I intend to apply for a US Visit visa(B2) so my family & I can go have a family vacation in the states. My family comprises of Me, my wife and our 9months old son. I want to know if my son would need an individual passport before I could apply for the visit visa?
Secondly, if he would be needing a passport, his surname would be different from ours, He bears my father's first name {e.g. Sunday}as his last name on his birth certificate (we did this so as for him to carry on my late father's name, normal African tradition) while my wife and I bears my father's last name(e.g Chukwuma) as our last name/surname). What do you advice?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Faree28: 9:22am On Mar 29, 2017
Hello VO.

Applied for a tourist visa for my nanny to accompany my daughter and I on vacation.

What other documents do I need to send apart from my passport page, letter of sponsorship, bank statements

Also what does she need to bring along as supporting documents since I would be the one sponsoring the trip.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jacksparow(m): 10:36am On Mar 29, 2017
Dear VO

As a follow up to your last response, i have 4 questions, please.
my wife reapplied for a B1/B2 visa today 29th March and was denied again. Even Though none of her medical receipts nor letters from doctors was reviewed this time unlike the last interview

First. can she change her visa type from B1(tourist) to B2(medical) in her next application?
Because the VO today said to her twice that she was given tourist visa and she instead went to give birth(and she explained about her change of intent email she sent to the embassy)- ( Though you said that is a statement after the fact) even when you say (from your last response) that birth tourism is legal and she actually paid all her fees and has letters from her doctors stating that she didnt benefit from any government aid and was self pay

Second.A colleague of yours told her she has been interviewed by all consular officers in Abuja, what happens if question 1 is yes, can she reapply in Abuja again or go through lagos?

Third, in reapplying as many times as possible, what is the implication and how does one actually know why a visa was denied, so as to make amends?
Fourth: is she applying for the wrong visa?
Thank you
Regards

abujaniv:
Hello jacksparow. We don't discuss individual cases in this forum, nor do we discuss chances. What I can say is that birth tourism is legal, provided the applicant is open about their intent (with the Embassy/Consulate and also CBP) and they are able to pay the full medical expenses. Honesty and credibility are paramount.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello Elandhas. You too will have to contact customer support.

Elandhas:
Dear VO,
I filled my ds 160 for myself and my family sometimes in 2013 and an application ID was generated for us, but we did not book an appointment neither do I make any payment, Fast track to 2017, I want to apply for a tourist visa can I fill another ds 160 form, because I cant even remember all the login details I used then. please I need your urgent response and wont filling a new ds 160 form affect me.

regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello JonJon2017. What matters is how the applicant represents him/herself at the visa interview and at the border. After the fact e-mails or phone calls do not count for anything. The applicant can try explaining their change in circumstances to CBP or they can elect to renew their visa early and tell the visa officer at the Embassy/Consulate.

JonJon2017:
Dear VO,

My question is related to an earlier poster, Pachos129081141's question about getting pregnant after the interview.

In that scenario, how can one update the embassy so as not to be seen as being untruthful, and as evidenced from the fact that it's exactly nine months interval from her interview she put to birth (as she said).

You only said birth tourism is Legal provided one is open, and can pay the complete bills. Please tell us how one can update her records in such an event.

We crave answers.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello inikamoze. Every human being needs a passport and visa. We are accustomed to variations in family surnames. If we have any doubts or concerns, we'll investigate further.

inikamoze:
Dear VO

I intend to apply for a US Visit visa(B2) so my family & I can go have a family vacation in the states. My family comprises of Me, my wife and our 9months old son. I want to know if my son would need an individual passport before I could apply for the visit visa?
Secondly, if he would be needing a passport, his surname would be different from ours, He bears my father's first name {e.g. Sunday}as his last name on his birth certificate (we did this so as for him to carry on my late father's name, normal African tradition) while my wife and I bears my father's last name(e.g Chukwuma) as our last name/surname). What do you advice?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:11pm On Mar 29, 2017
Greetings Faree28. Please consult this website:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typedomesticemployee.asp

Faree28:
Hello VO.

Applied for a tourist visa for my nanny to accompany my daughter and I on vacation.

What other documents do I need to send apart from my passport page, letter of sponsorship, bank statements

Also what does she need to bring along as supporting documents since I would be the one sponsoring the trip.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello jacksparow. We hardly ever split up the B1 and B2 categories any more, so applicants generally apply for and are given B1/B2 visas, which are suitable for tourism, business (though not employment), and medical purposes. You may apply again, for either Abuja or Lagos. But we would caution that if nothing material has changed since the last refusal, the result will likely be the same. Paying the bills is an important component in birth tourism, but honesty and credibility are paramount. An applicant who damages their credibility --be it through willful deception or omission of material facts-- can find it very difficult to regain our trust.

jacksparow:
Dear VO

As a follow up to your last response, i have 4 questions, please.
my wife reapplied for a B1/B2 visa today 29th March and was denied again. Even Though none of her medical receipts nor letters from doctors was reviewed this time unlike the last interview

First. can she change her visa type from B1(tourist) to B2(medical) in her next application?
Because the VO today said to her twice that she was given tourist visa and she instead went to give birth(and she explained about her change of intent email she sent to the embassy)- ( Though you said that is a statement after the fact) even when you say (from your last response) that birth tourism is legal and she actually paid all her fees and has letters from her doctors stating that she didnt benefit from any government aid and was self pay

Second.A colleague of yours told her she has been interviewed by all consular officers in Abuja, what happens if question 1 is yes, can she reapply in Abuja again or go through lagos?

Third, in reapplying as many times as possible, what is the implication and how does one actually know why a visa was denied, so as to make amends?
Fourth: is she applying for the wrong visa?
Thank you
Regards

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by pachos129081141: 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
Dear VO,

Thanks for this information. I wish I got it before the trip, I would have gone for a renewal of my visa on time to enable me explain. As it is, i am fully prepared to face the visa officers if i am called for an interview during my visa renewal, cos I have nothing to hide.

The exactly 9months interval from the interview date to the birth date is my only evidence that I didn't know If I was pregnant that day or not. I am not afraid anymore, because a clear conscience fears no accusations.

Thanks again VO.

abujaniv:
Hello JonJon2017. What matters is how the applicant represents him/herself at the visa interview and at the border. After the fact e-mails or phone calls do not count for anything. The applicant can try explaining their change in circumstances to CBP or they can elect to renew their visa early and tell the visa officer at the Embassy/Consulate.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Faree28: 3:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
abujaniv:
Greetings Faree28. Please consult this website:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typedomesticemployee.asp

Thank you VO
Does this contract need to be signed by a lawyer? Or just by both of us

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.