Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820538 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Elandhas: 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
Dear VO.
Please i need your candid opinion on a particular issue , I was to apply for a us tourist visa for my myself and my ex-wife and 2 kids in year 2012, I filled the ds 160 form for each of us then and an application code was generated , we didn't schedule an appointment nor did we appear for interview because myself and my wife had martial iasues that eventually lead to dissolution of the marriage, I have remarried now with a daughter . now I had intention of applying for us tourist visa for my wife and 3 kids , I know I need to fill another ds 160 form for each of us, but their is no place in the ds 160 form to state I was divorced and now re-marry or I should just state that am married by stating the name of my new spouse on the new ds 160 form, please advice me further cos I don't want it to be misrepresentation of information , I have copy of the divorce certificate and marriage certificate of my new spouse .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:56pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello Elandhas. You can list yourself as married and just explain the divorce situation during your interview. Keep in mind that both parents must consent for children to travel to the US, so that will be needed for the two children from the previous relationship.

Elandhas:
Dear VO.
Please i need your candid opinion on a particular issue , I was to apply for a us tourist visa for my myself and my ex-wife and 2 kids in year 2012, I filled the ds 160 form for each of us then and an application code was generated , we didn't schedule an appointment nor did we appear for interview because myself and my wife had martial iasues that eventually lead to dissolution of the marriage, I have remarried now with a daughter . now I had intention of applying for us tourist visa for my wife and 3 kids , I know I need to fill another ds 160 form for each of us, but their is no place in the ds 160 form to state I was divorced and now re-marry or I should just state that am married by stating the name of my new spouse on the new ds 160 form, please advice me further cos I don't want it to be misrepresentation of information , I have copy of the divorce certificate and marriage certificate of my new spouse .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by democrat4: 10:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello democrat4. That's a long, unfortunate story, but I don't see a question in there. The visa allows you to knock on the door of America, but only CBP can determine whether and how long to let you in. They don't turnaround people lightly and without cause. Wherever you are traveling in the world, it's behooves you to have a concrete plan of what you are going to do there. It sounds like your plan was found wanting.

. @ VO, thanks for your response. My relative that I was planning to visit did not make proper arrangement to receive me at the poe. However he has suggested he want to write a letter to homeland and the USA embassy in Nigeria explaining the situation and he wants to re-invite me in Dec. Is this the right thing to do, if not what is the best way for him to go about this.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
Good evening democrat4. Don't shift the blame--the applicant/traveler is ultimately responsible for their arrangements. It would behoove you to read more than a few pages of this thread--if you had, you wouldn't be bringing up letters and invitations, and perhaps you wouldn't have had your unfortunate experience at the border.

democrat4:
. @ VO, thanks for your response. My relative that I was planning to visit did not make proper arrangement to receive me at the poe. However he has suggested he want to write a letter to homeland and the USA embassy in Nigeria explaining the situation and he wants to re-invite me in Dec. Is this the right thing to do, if not what is the best way for him to go about this.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kels007: 1:14am On Mar 30, 2017
Dear VO,

I did my MBA degree online and I have been invited to attend the commencement ceremony scheduled to hold in some weeks time. Since I am not going for tourism, business, medical or schooling, kindly confirm what visa category i need to apply for.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kcprince: 8:20am On Mar 30, 2017
Hello VO
My wife was issued a B2 Visa to come and birth in america this month. She was issued a 2year Visa. Can she use it to birth our next child or should she come for another interview before proceeding for the second child birth even though her Visa is still valid?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 321d: 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello VO.

I was refused a b2 visa to deliver my baby in the US and to see my parent who suffers amnesia after 2 cardiac arrests. I have previously been to the US and delivered my 1st child with all bills paid & receipts presented. However, during my interview i was asked if i used medicaid which i did not and just got the general refusal letter which doesn't state what the problem is. How do i ammend wrongs that even i am unaware of. Please advise.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Faree28: 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
abujaniv:
Greetings Faree28. Please consult this website:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typedomesticemployee.asp

Dear VO,
Thank you for the help.

My nanny was refused the visa.
She told the officer there was a contract but he did not get to view it.

None of my documents for sponsorship/travel documents were requested also.

Another thing I need to clarify was that the application made was for B1/B2, maybe I kindly ask that would domestic employee be strictly B1 and could this be the cause of refusal as a wrong category was chosen?

Travel period is soon and I plan on reapplying for her ASAP. I would appreciate clarifications please
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello kels007. If the school has never issued you an I-20, the program is finished and you're going for just the graduation, it sounds like the standard B1/B2 visa is appropriate.

kels007:
Dear VO,

I did my MBA degree online and I have been invited to attend the commencement ceremony scheduled to hold in some weeks time. Since I am not going for tourism, business, medical or schooling, kindly confirm what visa category i need to apply for.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello kcprince. Birth tourism is legal, provided the applicant is open about their intent --at the Embassy/Consulate and the border-- and they pay their bills in full.

kcprince:
Hello VO
My wife was issued a B2 Visa to come and birth in america this month. She was issued a 2year Visa. Can she use it to birth our next child or should she come for another interview before proceeding for the second child birth even though her Visa is still valid?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello 321d. The situation you describe is one where the applicant has very strong US ties via the AMCIT child, parent, etc. Via previous inquiries from you on this forum, we can also see that this applicant has ongoing immigrant visa petitions. In that context, it can be difficult to show that the applicant in question overcomes the presumption of immigrant intent.

321d:
Hello VO.

I was refused a b2 visa to deliver my baby in the US and to see my parent who suffers amnesia after 2 cardiac arrests. I have previously been to the US and delivered my 1st child with all bills paid & receipts presented. However, during my interview i was asked if i used medicaid which i did not and just got the general refusal letter which doesn't state what the problem is. How do i ammend wrongs that even i am unaware of. Please advise.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello Faree28. Domestic employees (nannies, stewards, cooks, chauffeurs, etc.) must over come the presumption of immigrant intent like everyone else applying for a tourist visa. On top of that, they must satisfy the conditions described in the website we cited. Principally, they must show a contract stipulating that the employee will be paid and protected to US standards, and we must be reasonably sure that the employer will abide by the contract. The power dynamic is tilted heavily toward the employer, and we must be vigilant against exploitation.

[quote author=Faree28 post=55099702]

Dear VO,
Thank you for the help.

My nanny was refused the visa.
She told the officer there was a contract but he did not get to view it.

None of my documents for sponsorship/travel documents were requested also.

Another thing I need to clarify was that the application made was for B1/B2, maybe I kindly ask that would domestic employee be strictly B1 and could this be the cause of refusal as a wrong category was chosen?

Travel period is soon and I plan on reapplying for her ASAP. I would appreciate clarifications please
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by iykmora(m): 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
Wrong post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sternakin(m): 4:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
I have a B1/B2 Visa to the US and was suppose to travel by April 4,2017 for vacation as filled in my DS-160 Form but now am engaged with an official assignment that would not make my travel on that date feasible. Do i need to inform the US embassy of this development or can enter the US at any date more convenient.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kcprince: 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello kcprince. Birth tourism is legal, provided the applicant is open about their intent --at the Embassy/Consulate and the border-- and they pay their bills in full.

Thank you for the reply but my question was not well answered. My wife was given a two year Visa and she stated she was going to give birth. Can she still use the visa to give birth a second time before it expires? Or does she need to seek permission to birth the second time even if her Visa is still valid?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Faree28: 7:03pm On Mar 30, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Faree28. Domestic employees (nannies, stewards, cooks, chauffeurs, etc.) must over come the presumption of immigrant intent like everyone else applying for a tourist visa. On top of that, they must satisfy the conditions described in the website we cited. Principally, they must show a contract stipulating that the employee will be paid and protected to US standards, and we must be reasonably sure that the employer will abide by the contract. The power dynamic is tilted heavily toward the employer, and we must be vigilant against exploitation.

Thank you for the info abujaniv.

I quite understand better now. She demanded for an interpreter also but was told to communicate in the little she could speak. I also expected that details of the sponsor could have been looked at too.

Is it OK to reapply for the B1 immediately as travel date is 1st May. I am actually just in a fix now. This would be against the norm of waiting for 90days. Hoping for a better experience for her
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Asking repeatedly will not change the answer.

kcprince:

Thank you for the reply but my question was not well answered. My wife was given a two year Visa and she stated she was going to give birth. Can she still use the visa to give birth a second time before it expires? Or does she need to seek permission to birth the second time even if her Visa is still valid?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
There is no 90-day rule about reapplying. That said, an applicant should deeply consider whether their circumstances have changed or they have fresh information to offer before applying again.

Faree28:

Thank you for the info abujaniv.

I quite understand better now. She demanded for an interpreter also but was told to communicate in the little she could speak. I also expected that details of the sponsor could have been looked at too.

Is it OK to reapply for the B1 immediately as travel date is 1st May. I am actually just in a fix now. This would be against the norm of waiting for 90days. Hoping for a better experience for her
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Faree28: 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
abujaniv:
There is no 90-day rule about reapplying. That said, an applicant should deeply consider whether their circumstances have changed or they have fresh information to offer before applying again.

Agreed! Thank you

One last question- Domestic worker visa accompanying a person with a passport with visa waiver should be B1 and cannot be B1/B2 as earlier done. Kindly advise
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by knostbrown01(m): 9:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello knostbrown01. Visa officers do not tell people to reapply. We say that applicants "may" reapply if they so choose. You will have to inquire with customer service about the e-mail issue.

please, kindly gimme the email of the customer service so that I can make enquiries..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
http://bfy.tw/AxA5

knostbrown01:

please, kindly gimme the email of the customer service so that I can make enquiries..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello Faree28. As we indicated recently, we hardly ever split up the B1/B2 categories. If an applicant applies for one and is qualified, we usually authorize both.

Faree28:

Agreed! Thank you

One last question- Domestic worker visa accompanying a person with a passport with visa waiver should be B1 and cannot be B1/B2 as earlier done. Kindly advise
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 321d: 7:31am On Mar 31, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello 321d. The situation you describe is one where the applicant has very strong US ties via the AMCIT child, parent, etc. Via previous inquiries from you on this forum, we can also see that this applicant has ongoing immigrant visa petitions. In that context, it can be difficult to show that the applicant in question overcomes the presumption of immigrant intent.

Hello VO, Thanks for your response!

Wow! Just sad and unfortunate uhn? So it really doesn't count that i have been to the US multiple times and did not stay back. Or that I am married and have a well paying job and property? Although I stated conjugal relationship than married in my application because i do not have a marriage certificate (had only a traditional wedding) ... so does this mean reapplying is like trying the powerball? Lol
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by samclnt(m): 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
Greetings, niv
Please am tryin to fill the ds 160 form, the 20mins session expired which which requires me to entre my ds 160 ID and security question to retrieve, but it keeps tellin me incorrect security answer even when am ully aware of the question. FYI, I've tried with another ds 160 form but still getin the same response of incorrect security answer.
Please it's urgent. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
Please contact customer service.

samclnt:
Greetings, niv
Please am tryin to fill the ds 160 form, the 20mins session expired which which requires me to entre my ds 160 ID and security question to retrieve, but it keeps tellin me incorrect security answer even when am ully aware of the question. FYI, I've tried with another ds 160 form but still getin the same response of incorrect security answer.
Please it's urgent. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JonJon2017: 3:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
Hello Sir, in the event that one is denied renewal of visa because she gave birth on a b1b2 visa, is it possible for her to reapply and be given another visa? Or is there a ban?

In order to prevent spending more resources on the visa fee.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hello JonJon2017.
First of all, giving birth in the US is not grounds for denial. As we have said many times here, birth tourism is legal, provided the applicant obeys the rules. Not following the rules damages one's credibility, and that can be grounds for denial.
The most common refusal is section 214b, which covers a wide range of ineligibilities, from weak ties to one's home country to doubts that the applicant will use the visa appropriately. There is no appeal for a 214b refusal, but those denied under it may apply again at any time.
More serious refusals do carry travel bans, from three years to life. If an applicant is given a travel ban, he/she will be told about it, what the consequences are and if it is possible to request a waiver of the ineligibility.

JonJon2017:
Hello Sir, in the event that one is denied renewal of visa because she gave birth on a b1b2 visa, is it possible for her to reapply and be given another visa? Or is there a ban?

In order to prevent spending more resources on the visa fee.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Faree28: 7:54am On Apr 02, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Faree28. As we indicated recently, we hardly ever split up the B1/B2 categories. If an applicant applies for one and is qualified, we usually authorize both.

Is my domestic worker supposed to have a contact in the US as this is also required on the DS 160
The contact person filled was my contact as she knows no one, she was asked for name and address of where she was going to stay in the US. She mentioned state and didn't know the address considering she's not very good in speaking English. This was where she was handed the blue paper.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Faree28: 10:48am On Apr 03, 2017
Is my domestic worker supposed to have a contact in the US as this is also required on the DS 160
The contact person filled was my contact as she knows no one, she was asked for name and address of where she was going to stay in the US. She mentioned state and didn't know the address considering she's not very good in speaking English. This was where she was handed the blue paper and denied on basis of 214B
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JesseJackson67: 11:25am On Apr 03, 2017
Good day VO
Please I have been able to submit my DS-160 form without these questions
1.Have you ever travelled before.
2. Work/Education history.
3.Have you made specific travel arrangements.
These questions above did not show up when I was filling the form yet I was able to submit it. It was after submission that I realized they did not display.
Best,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2017
The application is the same for domestic workers as it is for anyone else. So yes, a contact must be listed.

Faree28:
The contact person filled was my contact as she knows no one, she was asked for name and address of where she was going to stay in the US. She mentioned state and didn't know the address considering she's not very good in speaking English. This was where she was handed the blue paper and denied on basis of 214B

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.