Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820422 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hello JesseJackson67. You can bring it up at the interview.

JesseJackson67:
Good day VO
Please I have been able to submit my DS-160 form without these questions
1.Have you ever travelled before.
2. Work/Education history.
3.Have you made specific travel arrangements.
These questions above did not show up when I was filling the form yet I was able to submit it. It was after submission that I realized they did not display.
Best,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JesseJackson67: 3:28pm On Apr 03, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello JesseJackson67. You can bring it up at the interview.

Thanks for your message. but it seems people have been experiencing it. please check out the screenshot

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nido123: 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
I am an Indian National working in US on H1B visa. My current employer has asked me to consider an opportunity to travel and work at a client office for 17 weeks in Lagos. Visa on my passport has expired and if i consider this opportunity i wish to appear for a visa interview in Lagos to stamp my h1b visa. Since I am not a Nigerian citizen, is it ok to attend for a visa interview in Lagos or is it better to go to my home country for visa stamping? Please advise. (all my previous visa stamping were in my home country)
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by PNZD: 12:32am On Apr 04, 2017
Hello VO,

Please I have three questions:

1. My B1/B2 visa expired in 2015, March 2015 precisely. Please can I apply via dropbox method?

2. if a family needs to apply for visa, can they fill the DS-160 form as a group and can they also apply as a group?

3. A family of 4 (parents and two adult children) wants to go on vacation this summer in US, one of children is not working at the moment but has been prior to this. As a family, they have a vacation package, that is accommodation is secured, and together, can support this one member who is not working at the moment. Please, does he stand a chance; will this situation negatively affect their application because we all need the vacation?

Kindly address. Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:44am On Apr 04, 2017
Hello nido123. The US Consulate in Lagos will be able to accommodate that. You will have to check with Nigerian immigration about the appropriate visa in this country.

nido123:
I am an Indian National working in US on H1B visa. My current employer has asked me to consider an opportunity to travel and work at a client office for 17 weeks in Lagos. Visa on my passport has expired and if i consider this opportunity i wish to appear for a visa interview in Lagos to stamp my h1b visa. Since I am not a Nigerian citizen, is it ok to attend for a visa interview in Lagos or is it better to go to my home country for visa stamping? Please advise. (all my previous visa stamping were in my home country)

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:48am On Apr 04, 2017
Hello PNZD.
1. No, because your visa has been expired for more than 12 months.
2. Every individual needs to have their own DS-160 filled out and submitted.
3. You are welcome to apply together. Travel history is a factor that can add to a person's qualifications where professional or family ties are otherwise weaker.

PNZD:
Hello VO,

Please I have three questions:

1. My B1/B2 visa expired in 2015, March 2015 precisely. Please can I apply via dropbox method?

2. if a family needs to apply for visa, can they fill the DS-160 form as a group and can they also apply as a group?

3. A family of 4 (parents and two adult children) wants to go on vacation this summer in US, one of children is not working at the moment but has been prior to this. As a family, they have a vacation package, that is accommodation is secured, and together, can support this one member who is not working at the moment. Please, does he stand a chance; will this situation negatively affect their application because we all need the vacation?

Kindly address. Thank you

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 04, 2017
hi everyone
i need your candid advice
i was refused US B1/B2 VISA TWO TIMES PLS CAN I APPLY FOR A STUDY VISA

THANKS
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dotcomnamename: 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hello VO,

There is this question that i need clarification on it.

''Have you traveled outside the country for the last 5 years''

From now in the last 5 years means from 2016 to 2012. What if the applicant has traveled over the last 5 years and not in the last 5 years? Can the applicant still answer yes, or it has to be explained to the consular officer during interview if asked?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hello dotcomnamename. First of all, let's get the question's wording correct. It is:
Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years?

There is no ambiguity here: it's a yes or no question. If you answer "yes," you will have the opportunity to list the countries. If instead you've traveled to other countries six years ago or 6,000 years ago, the answer is "no."

dotcomnamename:
Hello VO,

There is this question that i need clarification on it.

''Have you traveled outside the country for the last 5 years''

From now in the last 5 years means from 2016 to 2012. What if the applicant has traveled over the last 5 years and not in the last 5 years? Can the applicant still answer yes, or it has to be explained to the consular officer during interview if asked?

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hello obi500cent. You may apply as often as you can afford the application fee.

obi500cent:
hi everyone
i need your candid advice
i was refused US B1/B2 VISA TWO TIMES PLS CAN I APPLY FOR A STUDY VISA

THANKS
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
Abujaniv thanks ....but wouldn't it looks desperate because I have applied for B1/B2 visa three time and was refuse ..

If I chose to apply for study visa will it look desperate and will I be considered if I make all my documents right
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dotcomnamename: 3:34am On Apr 05, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello dotcomnamename. First of all, let's get the question's wording correct. It is:
Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years?

There is no ambiguity here: it's a yes or no question. If you answer "yes," you will have the opportunity to list the countries. If instead you've traveled to other countries six years ago or 6,000 years ago, the answer is "no."

Thanks for the correction.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by trav(m): 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hello AbujaNiv,

Thanks for the good work you are doing. I am trying to complete the application form for my mum who is aged and in another state. The passport photos that has been sent to me have continuously been rejected for picture quality. I want to know if she can still bring along physical passport photos for her interview or it must strictly be uploaded on the form during the application process.

Thanks for your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hello trav. Uploading the photo ahead of time is now a requirement.

trav:
Hello AbujaNiv,

Thanks for the good work you are doing. I am trying to complete the application form for my mum who is aged and in another state. The passport photos that has been sent to me have continuously been rejected for picture quality. I want to know if she can still bring along physical passport photos for her interview or it must strictly be uploaded on the form during the application process.

Thanks for your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by PNZD: 6:53am On Apr 06, 2017
Thanks abujaniv.

The response was really helpful.

On the third aspect, the person's travel history is just to Ghana and more than 5years ago. I hope that will not be an issue. The person was also rejected a UK Visa more than five years ago too.

Any advice

abujaniv:
Hello PNZD.
1. No, because your visa has been expired for more than 12 months.
2. Every individual needs to have their own DS-160 filled out and submitted.
3. You are welcome to apply together. Travel history is a factor that can add to a person's qualifications where professional or family ties are otherwise weaker.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Mollydee88: 11:40am On Apr 06, 2017
Hello AbjNIV,

I appreciate the effort of your good office to relate with us via this medium.

Kindly advice on the following;

My wife and I were issued B1/B2 in 2014 on the basis of Tourism and giving birth in the USA.

We had 2 babies in the USA within the period of validity, in and 2014 and 2016 respectively and has since returned back on the 2 occasions.

In 2014, we PAID all and got zero balances for the delivery of our 1st child (Both mother and Child)

In 2016, my 2nd child stayed back at the hospital after birth due to minor birth issues and we were billed a certain amount. We took the option to PAY in installments (which we pay every month till date). Mother was issued Zero Balance statement for the delivery.

We wish to apply for a Drop Box Renewal in the coming days.

What are our chances of a successful application?
Does our installment payments to the hospital hinder our chances?
Our 2 year visa expired in September, 2014; but at the point of entry We were stamped 6 months stay on arrival in the USA in July 2014. We left after delivery of our baby in October 2016. Did we overstay; or the entry stamp validated our stay?

Please advise.

Best regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
Hello Mollydee88. Based on the situation described, you did not overstay, because the visa was valid when you entered the US and you departed within the time that CBP stamped in your passport. We don't discuss chances on this forum, only qualifications. You are welcome to apply via the interview waiver program (dropbox). It is possible you will still be called in for an interview. Be prepared to discuss your medical care in the US and how you paid for it. The term "zero balance" doesn't say anything about whether the patient has paid their bills.

Mollydee88:
Hello AbjNIV,

I appreciate the effort of your good office to relate with us via this medium.

Kindly advice on the following;

My wife and I were issued B1/B2 in 2014 on the basis of Tourism and giving birth in the USA.

We had 2 babies in the USA within the period of validity, in and 2014 and 2016 respectively and has since returned back on the 2 occasions.

In 2014, we PAID all and got zero balances for the delivery of our 1st child (Both mother and Child)

In 2016, my 2nd child stayed back at the hospital after birth due to minor birth issues and we were billed a certain amount. We took the option to PAY in installments (which we pay every month till date). Mother was issued Zero Balance statement for the delivery.

We wish to apply for a Drop Box Renewal in the coming days.

What are our chances of a successful application?
Does our installment payments to the hospital hinder our chances?
Our 2 year visa expired in September, 2014; but at the point of entry We were stamped 6 months stay on arrival in the USA in July 2014. We left after delivery of our baby in October 2016. Did we overstay; or the entry stamp validated our stay?

Please advise.

Best regards.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by PHOOMI(f): 2:36pm On Apr 06, 2017
Dear VO , is it advisable to fill ones official email address in the DS 160 form or other email address is better
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:07pm On Apr 06, 2017
Hello PHOOMI. The only important thing is that it's an e-mail address where we can contact you, if need be. Sometimes applicants will write in to say they've lost access to the e-mail address associated with their application. This is usually because it's not the applicant's actual e-mail address but one that an agent set up purely for the visa application. We have no way of helping people in this situation.

PHOOMI:
Dear VO , is it advisable to fill ones official email address in the DS 160 form or other email address is better
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by TenPassfour(m): 6:01am On Apr 07, 2017
Hello AbujaNIV,
Recently we applied for visa to attend sibling graduatin ceremony as one of the best gradutingvstudent in KY university,but our visa was not approved.

The VO asked us if we have a child and we said no,in 2016 we applied twice it wasnt approved.

Please i will like to know what could have cause it that our visa is not approved,even though we are a landlord and good job,wiffy is a banker.

Could it be because our first application was not approved that is affecting the subsequence application. we've been to ghana and uae as part of our traveling experience so far. please could you guide us to avoid any mistake in our future application.

Thanking you in advance.
NOTE:
After the interview the VO gave us a blue paper and asked us to wait till our tie change before reapplying.

what those it mean,is it because we dont have a baby now,we are still TTC i dont know! your kind advice will be appreciated.
Regards,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hello TenPassfour. We would never advise people to make pointless travel or to add members to their family for the purposes of getting a visa. We will also not go into specifics for any case.

TenPassfour:
Hello AbujaNIV,
Recently we applied for visa to attend sibling graduatin ceremony as one of the best gradutingvstudent in KY university,but our visa was not approved.

The VO asked us if we have a child and we said no,in 2016 we applied twice it wasnt approved.

Please i will like to know what could have cause it that our visa is not approved,even though we are a landlord and good job,wiffy is a banker.

Could it be because our first application was not approved that is affecting the subsequence application. we've been to ghana and uae as part of our traveling experience so far. please could you guide us to avoid any mistake in our future application.

Thanking you in advance.
NOTE:
After the interview the VO gave us a blue paper and asked us to wait till our tie change before reapplying.

what those it mean,is it because we dont have a baby now,we are still TTC i dont know! your kind advice will be appreciated.
Regards,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ugomnaanny: 2:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hello VO, good afternoon.

Why is it that VO dont issue single people visas? For the fact one isn't married or doesn't have travel history doesn't mean one is travelling to your country to abscond, when I have my finances and a good paying job here. If am not given an opportunity to visit how then can I have travel history? most countries do use travel history as an edge to granting one visa. Was DENIED an Australian visa yesterday reason because I don't have a travel history and family ties (its well). Since my leave is still very far, can i still apply for an american visa?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hello ugomnaanny. Many single people qualify for visas. Many married people do not. Applicants can demonstrate their country ties in various ways. You may apply whenever you like.

ugomnaanny:
Hello VO, good afternoon.

Why is it that VO dont issue single people visas? For the fact one isn't married or doesn't have travel history doesn't mean one is travelling to your country to abscond, when I have my finances and a good paying job here. If am not given an opportunity to visit how then can I have travel history? most countries do use travel history as an edge to granting one visa. Was DENIED an Australian visa yesterday reason because I don't have a travel history and family ties (its well). Since my leave is still very far, can i still apply for an american visa?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dotcomnamename: 8:56am On Apr 09, 2017
VO,

In the DS-160 form, why is there no question asking how many children applicant have? I notice they only ask this question during interview only. Why not in the DS-160 form?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:08am On Apr 09, 2017
Greetings dotcomnamename. The DS-160 is already has about 60 questions in it. Do you actually want it to be even longer?

dotcomnamename:
VO,

In the DS-160 form, why is there no question asking how many children applicant have? I notice they only ask this question during interview only. Why not in the DS-160 form?

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dotcomnamename: 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2017
abujaniv:
Greetings dotcomnamename. The DS-160 is already has about 60 questions in it. Do you actually want it to be even longer?

Happy Sunday VO,

Not at all, just thinking if its part of the questions it can also make it more easier for VO to determine applicant's family ties. Don't you think so VO? grin

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
The questions asked by a visa officer are at the officer's discretion.

dotcomnamename:

Happy Sunday VO,

Not at all, just thinking if its part of the questions it can also make it more easier for VO to determine applicant's family ties. Don't you think so VO? grin
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Duakkie: 7:15am On Apr 11, 2017
abujaniv:

abujaniv:

Hello Vo ,
I registered under the united states commercial service and applied to attend a trade show in 2013, 2014 and both times I was denied visa .
My passport then was in my maiden name and I had visited south Africa on the PaSsport . Which eventually expired .
I had the passport renewed and had to change my name to my husband's name .
I just applied for a b2 visa as I'm pregnant (I already have a child, based on experience I had which caused my not conceiving and luckily for me I conceived hence my looking for good medical care as USA ranks topmost in obstetrician .
And my visa was denied , during my trade shows application I was self employed and presently I have an appointment with my state govt .

I was a bit nervous during the interview as I felt nauseous ,
Does these mean I don't still qualify as I intend to apply again as I know I have strong ties .

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.