Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818495 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:10pm On May 27, 2017
Hello yurmie. What you are describing is illegal immigration. It is a sorry state to be an illegal immigrant in the US, as you face risks of exploitation, deprivation, arrest, and deportation. You have a narrow window of opportunity to return to your home country without violation of our laws and the terms of your visa.

yurmie:
Please I need your advice.
My wife & I got a B2 visa 3 months ago as a couple. I am in U S presently. We couldn't travel together at once due to some personal issues. She just filed for divorce which I'm ready to accept. Will she still be allowed to enter usa with her visa? If we decide to keep mute and she gains entry into the US, can I get married to someone else in US if I have the opportunity? What are the implications, please?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Timetravel88: 2:13pm On May 27, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Timetravel88. The K visa is an immigrant visa, and we have a separate thread on Nairaland for questions about that. It's a different process than the tourist visa (B1/B2) and other types of nonimmigrant visas. We take biographical details very seriously. Married is not the same as engaged. One surname is not the same as another. An address in Nigeria is not the same as an address in the US. Your thricefold misrepresentation in your nonimmigrant visa application is a poor start for you as you embark on the immigrant visa process.

How do I correct this? Can I apply again with the DS 160, book an appointment and get interviewed only this time I will state all the actual facts and include that I have misrepresented in a previous application. This time all I want is to lay the facts right and not to get a visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sugah: 4:30pm On May 27, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by macdeeza: 4:50pm On May 27, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello macdeeza. It could be that after the interview, information came to light that called into question your qualifications for the visa for which you applied. For example, this sometimes occurs when we find out that someone had previously applied under a different identity. If you are fraudster, I would recommend that you never apply for a visa again.

I have never applied for visa before not to talk of using a different identity. Can you advice me on the recourse that may be available to me.
Do i need to reapply, or appeal. How do I get the real reason for the change in the consular's decision.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:21pm On May 27, 2017
These are questions best posed on the immigrant visa thread.

Timetravel88:

How do I correct this? Can I apply again with the DS 160, book an appointment and get interviewed only this time I will state all the actual facts and include that I have misrepresented in a previous application. This time all I want is to lay the facts right and not to get a visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:24pm On May 27, 2017
There is no appeal for refusals based on section 214b of US immigration law. Visa officers are under no obligation to expound on the reasons for denial outside of what is stated in the refusal letter. You may apply again if you like.

macdeeza:

I have never applied for visa before not to talk of using a different identity. Can you advice me on the recourse that may be available to me.
Do i need to reapply, or appeal. How do I get the real reason for the change in the consular's decision.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rikkyfred(m): 7:17am On May 30, 2017
Good Day V.O,

I write to inquire as to the repercussion of an unsuccessful visa lottery way way back. Based on the non-editing of a submitted form policy, what if there was an error(year of birth) on the form?. will it reflect on a new DS 160 if the error is corrected on it? have it in mind that the error was discovered after submission. However, there was no call to interview and also no thumb printing.
in other words, will there be a contradiction of information?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:25am On May 30, 2017
Hello rikkyfred. With something as fundamental and personal as date of birth, the margin of error should be zero. We take biographical details very seriously, and it is possible the deviation will be addressed in any subsequent interview. Be prepared to explain.

rikkyfred:
Good Day V.O,

I write to inquire as to the repercussion of an unsuccessful visa lottery way way back. Based on the non-editing of a submitted form policy, what if there was an error(year of birth) on the form?. will it reflect on a new DS 160 if the error is corrected on it? have it in mind that the error was discovered after submission. However, there was no call to interview and also no thumb printing.
in other words, will there be a contradiction of information?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by watlat4sure: 6:37pm On May 30, 2017
Dear vo,

I have applied in the past as a group and was denied. Also reapplied in recent time alone , still same result.

Can't remember the details that was used during the group application in the 90s but my recent application is my true details.

I intend 2 reapply, state all my past refusals and also ask the VO if i have been banned or why I keep receiving the 214b form.

I have a good travel history and work tie is not bad at all.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:38pm On May 30, 2017
Hello watlat4sure. If you had any sort of ban or other ineligibility besides 214b, you would have been informed by the visa officer. That said, shifting stories and biographical details between one application and another can erode one's credibility.

watlat4sure:
Dear vo,

I have applied in the past as a group and was denied. Also reapplied in recent time alone , still same result.

Can't remember the details that was used during the group application in the 90s but my recent application is my true details.

I intend 2 reapply, state all my past refusals and also ask the VO if i have been banned or why I keep receiving the 214b form.

I have a good travel history and work tie is not bad at all.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by watlat4sure: 12:16am On May 31, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello watlat4sure. If you had any sort of ban or other ineligibility besides 214b, you would have been informed by the visa officer. That said, shifting stories and biographical details between one application and another can erode one's credibility.

Thanks for your swift response. I intend to state all that i can remember in my earlier applications in my ds160 form and i hope that helps me in my future application.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by laonidolla(m): 11:26am On May 31, 2017
hello VO, thank for all the info I got my visa today.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by IfAllahwills: 12:11pm On May 31, 2017
Hello Sir,
I would like to know if someone can qualify for a B1/B2 and not qualify for an F1 visa.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:14pm On May 31, 2017
Hello IfAllahwills. Both B1/B2 and F1 visa applicants must overcome the presumption of immigrant intent (214b). On top of that, F1 applicants must demonstrate that they are bona fide students able to pay for their education abroad.

IfAllahwills:
Hello Sir,
I would like to know if someone can qualify for a B1/B2 and not qualify for an F1 visa.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Harmon1: 3:30pm On May 31, 2017
I applied for a j1 visa was interviewed on 24th the consular gave me a white sheet and circled ap section only..I keep Che king d ceac status checker I get case created 23rd case last updated 24th and it states refusal at the top..please any helpful information why this is? And my passport tracker states still the US Embassy or consulate..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:46pm On May 31, 2017
Hello Harmon1. Exercise patience.
Harmon1:
I applied for a j1 visa was interviewed on 24th the consular gave me a white sheet and circled ap section only..I keep Che king d ceac status checker I get case created 23rd case last updated 24th and it states refusal at the top..please any helpful information why this is? And my passport tracker states still the US Embassy or consulate..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Harmon1: 12:57am On Jun 01, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Harmon1. Exercise patience.
But my job starts soon I have permission from work for just three months..need the experience for Nov and December projects in Nigeria...so tired waiting can be painful
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fpeter(f): 10:17am On Jun 01, 2017
Hello VO, i was denied a visa in 2013 because they said i did not demonstrate enough evidence to show that i would be returning back to Nigeria after my stay. (I have relatives in America). I was told to reapply when my circumstances had improved.

I am married now and my husband and i desire to visit the states to celebrate our wedding anniversary which also coincides with my birthday and also for my husband to get to know my family over there too. I also stated that i have relatives in the USA but i don't intend staying with them, we plan to lodge in a hotel for our privacy and comfort. Please what are our chances of getting the visa and what documents do we need to further support our applications? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hello fpeter. It would behoove you to read some pages of this thread. If you had, you would see that we do not discuss chances and we do not look at documents.

fpeter:
Hello VO, i was denied a visa in 2013 because they said i did not demonstrate enough evidence to show that i would be returning back to Nigeria after my stay. (I have relatives in America). I was told to reapply when my circumstances had improved.

I am married now and my husband and i desire to visit the states to celebrate our wedding anniversary which also coincides with my birthday and also for my husband to get to know my family over there too. I also stated that i have relatives in the USA but i don't intend staying with them, we plan to lodge in a hotel for our privacy and comfort. Please what are our chances of getting the visa and what documents do we need to further support our applications? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by manlikegb: 1:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
Dear VO @abujaniv,

Myself and my wife have valid B1/B2 visas that will be expiring in November 2017. We have visited the USA twice since we got it(In December 2015 & December 2016). However, as I like to plan things ahead, we are planning to visit again in December this year for our annual vacation. My questions are as follows:

1. Is it too early to put in for a renewal via dropbox now?
2. What are the documents needed for visa renewal via dropbox?
3. And lastly, given that we still have about 6months of validity left on our current visas, what date will the renewed visa start running from? Is it the date we renew like this month for example, or the date will start running when the current one expires in November.

Thanks for your help.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hello manlikegb. It is commendable that you are getting an early start. It is not too early to renew. Basically, as soon as you send in your passports, the old visas will be cancelled and the new visas will begin validity from the day that they are approved and will have validity for two years. Beside the print out of the DS-160 confirmation page, no documents are necessary.

manlikegb:
Dear VO @abujaniv,

Myself and my wife have valid B1/B2 visas that will be expiring in November 2017. We have visited the USA twice since we got it(In December 2015 & December 2016). However, as I like to plan things ahead, we are planning to visit again in December this year for our annual vacation. My questions are as follows:

1. Is it too early to put in for a renewal via dropbox now?
2. What are the documents needed for visa renewal via dropbox?
3. And lastly, given that we still have about 6months of validity left on our current visas, what date will the renewed visa start running from? Is it the date we renew like this month for example, or the date will start running when the current one expires in November.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fpeter(f): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello fpeter. It would behoove you to read some pages of this thread. If you had, you would see that we do not discuss chances and we do not look at documents.

Okay, thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by walejummy: 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hello VO, May I ask if I can use my passport that will expire in 5months time to apply for non immigrant visa?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by koskikun: 9:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
Dear VO,

My brother is eligible for the interview waiver program and intends to use it to renew his visa.

Can his wife and child also submit their application with his? They have never been issued a US visa and would be applying for the first time.

The link below seems to allude to that but we aren't completely convinced that they are eligible.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visarenew.html

Thank you!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hello walejummy. You can apply for a visa with this passport, but you will likely need to get a new passport before actually traveling to the US. You can carry both passports, one with the visa and one with sufficient validity, during travel to the US.

walejummy:
Hello VO, May I ask if I can use my passport that will expire in 5months time to apply for non immigrant visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.