Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818423 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hello koskikun. We understand that this can be confusing. Everyone must appear for an interview for their first US visa. Subsequently, they may be eligible for interview waiver renewals, provided they meet the other qualifications.

koskikun:
Dear VO,

My brother is eligible for the interview waiver program and intends to use it to renew his visa.

Can his wife and child also submit their application with his? They have never been issued a US visa and would be applying for the first time.

The link below seems to allude to that but we aren't completely convinced that they are eligible.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visarenew.html

Thank you!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by walejummy: 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello walejummy. You can apply for a visa with this passport, but you will likely need to get a new passport before actually traveling to the US. You can carry both passports, one with the visa and one with sufficient validity, during travel to the US.

wow, thanks, God bless you ma/sir
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by prex29: 12:49am On Jun 03, 2017
Dear VO,
My wife was issued a 2 year visiting visa on Sept 2016 and she traveled to the US in Dec 2016, she was given a stay of 6 months at the port of entry and spent 3 months and returned in March. Is She eligible to apply for renew via Dropbox after expiry or before, cos I heard you have to use the visa twice for travel or you might be denied a visa renewal. Is this true ? Please reply.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Harmon1: 4:12am On Jun 03, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Harmon1. Exercise patience.
2days now my passport tracker says there is no status update for the passport number submitted is this a good sign?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Mandydaisy: 7:46am On Jun 03, 2017
Dear VO,

Please I'm about applying for a US visa to enable me attend my brother's wedding. Please is there a place on the form where I could state my purpose of visit as wedding. I don't see it on the form I'm filling.

Thanks for your help sir.

@ abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:35am On Jun 03, 2017
Hello Mandydaisy. There is no place on the application form for that. You can state that during the interview phase of the process.

Mandydaisy:
Dear VO,

Please I'm about applying for a US visa to enable me attend my brother's wedding. Please is there a place on the form where I could state my purpose of visit as wedding. I don't see it on the form I'm filling.

Thanks for your help sir.

@ abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Mandydaisy: 12:49pm On Jun 03, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Mandydaisy. There is no place on the application form for that. You can state that during the interview phase of the process.

Thank you sir.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by koboko69: 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2017
abujaniv:

Hello.
I want to find out something on behalf of a friend. A friend of ours sent him an invitation (which is not needed asides that it contains his contacts which will be used to fill the DS-160 form). He travelled as a student..but met one white lady and married legally to her so he got a green card. Unfortunately they divorced some years after. I have read that filling such peoples details means automatic denial. My friend as a good job here with a telecoms company and is only going to visit for vacation. Is this notion correct about filling anyone who got married or overstayed b4 getting a green card? Cos sometimes people fill details ignorant of how the other person changed status.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hello koboko69. You seem to be asking whether you or this other person should leave out pertinent details of their former travel and immigration status in the US. The true facts are the only correct answers to questions in the application and the interview. Anything aside from the truth is tantamount to a lie. While there is no such thing as an "automatic denial," misrepresentation can lead to permanent ineligibilities for travel to the US. As long as this individual abided by our laws and the terms of his visa, there should be no ineligibility for future travel.

koboko69:

Hello.
I want to find out something on behalf of a friend. A friend of ours sent him an invitation (which is not needed asides that it contains his contacts which will be used to fill the DS-160 form). He travelled as a student..but met one white lady and married legally to her so he got a green card. Unfortunately they divorced some years after. I have read that filling such peoples details means automatic denial. My friend as a good job here with a telecoms company and is only going to visit for vacation. Is this notion correct about filling anyone who got married or overstayed b4 getting a green card? Cos sometimes people fill details ignorant of how the other person changed status.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DIIGZ(m): 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
dear vo,please my interview is 21st of this month,my cousin is the one handling my application,he is also an agent so my sponsor which is my aunty direct me to him, because i want to go for medical treatment in miami,he propose to speak for me during the interview,because i have hearing loss(impairment)so iwant to go and do cochlear implant,the embassy refuse him to speak for me during the interview,i cannot hear people but am not totally deaf,please will their be any help for me during the interview as i cannot communicate very well because of my hearing defects. thanks in anticipation
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by koboko69: 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello koboko69. You seem to be asking whether you or this other person should leave out pertinent details of their former travel and immigration status in the US. The true facts are the only correct answers to questions in the application and the interview. Anything aside from the truth is tantamount to a lie. While there is no such thing as an "automatic denial," misrepresentation can lead to permanent ineligibilities for travel to the US. As long as this individual abided by our laws and the terms of his visa, there should be no ineligibility for future travel.

I have read and seen arguments on here that if one fills details of siblings or friends as contact....who probably over stayed and got a green card by marriage or whatever means it is a reason to get denied. My friend who is inviting my other fried left with a student visa and got married and became a green card holder. I am asking if using him as his contact wont mean he will get denied.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:07pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hello DIIGZ. We typically do interviews with direct family members, but we also make accommodations for the hearing impaired. Visa applicants going for medical care in the US must meet the general requirements of any tourist but must also demonstrate that they have been in contact with doctors and can afford their treatment. Medical care in the US is very expensive, and costs can escalate dramatically if there are complications.

DIIGZ:
dear vo,please my interview is 21st of this month,my cousin is the one handling my application,he is also an agent so my sponsor which is my aunty direct me to him, because i want to go for medical treatment in miami,he propose to speak for me during the interview,because i have hearing loss(impairment)so iwant to go and do cochlear implant,the embassy refuse him to speak for me during the interview,i cannot hear people but am not totally deaf,please will their be any help for me during the interview as i cannot communicate very well because of my hearing defects. thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
You seem to have not read and absorbed the answer I gave you. Try again. We will not go into details for any specific application or hypothetical.

koboko69:

I have read and seen arguments on here that if one fills details of siblings or friends as contact....who probably over stayed and got a green card by marriage or whatever means it is a reason to get denied. My friend who is inviting my other fried left with a student visa and got married and became a green card holder. I am asking if using him as his contact wont mean he will get denied.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by opechy(f): 6:07am On Jun 04, 2017
Dear VO,
My brother just git back from Malaysia to take over my mum's company. He studied Business Administration in Malaysia and would like to attend a workshop in the United States on becoming a supervisor. He submitted an application last month but his passport got missing before his interview date so he could not attend. Now he found another workshop he could attend but he's worried about the previous interview he missed. What can be done? Thanks!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:03am On Jun 04, 2017
Hi opechy. Missing an interview is an unfortunate waste of money, but it is not an ineligibility for future travel. We will have the old application, so any marked differences between the old and new one will invite scrutiny.

opechy:
Dear VO,
My brother just git back from Malaysia to take over my mum's company. He studied Business Administration in Malaysia and would like to attend a workshop in the United States on becoming a supervisor. He submitted an application last month but his passport got missing before his interview date so he could not attend. Now he found another workshop he could attend but he's worried about the previous interview he missed. What can be done? Thanks!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by opomulero(m): 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
Please VO,
Kindly explain what they actually mean by ties and how can someone demonstrate the ties while filling the forms.

Thanking you for your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by olulumdp: 1:17am On Jun 05, 2017
Dear VO,

Good Morning.

I was filling the DS 160 form and something came up which i thought i might not be able to come back to it within a month, so i saved it to my computer.

However, the situation changed (still within a month), so i had to proceed to filling the form so i uploaded from my computer back to the DS 160 portal.

To my surprise, i got to know that the form Reference/Confirmation Code(thats starts with AA) for the first one is different from the one i got after uploading.

Now i have 2 different code that works for same form.

What can i do in this case? Please advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:23am On Jun 05, 2017
Hello Mikehk2. Plenty of people who have never traveled before qualify for US visas. Some people with strong socio-economic ties and ample travel history do not qualify, often because they have done something in the past to harm their credibility.

Mikehk2:
Good day VO, I need a clarification on this ::: ..... Is it a must to have a travel history before a visa can be granted ? .... Because I'm confused on differentiating between home ties and travel history .. For example why do applicants with great home ties with zero(0) travel history get denied ?? As per couple , family etc ....
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:28am On Jun 05, 2017
Hello oppomulero. The overarching purpose of the application and interview is to determine if the person is likely to use the visa correctly--that is to return home after a brief stay without breaking our laws or working illegally. In our experience, the best way to determine these qualifications is to assess home ties --family, cultural, economic, professional, etc.-- that would compel a timely return. Another factor is travel history, which demonstrates that the applicant successfully traveled to other countries and returned home.

opomulero:
Please VO,
Kindly explain what they actually mean by ties and how can someone demonstrate the ties while filling the forms.

Thanking you for your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:28am On Jun 05, 2017
Hello olulumdp. This is a question best posed to customer service.

olulumdp:
Dear VO,

Good Morning.

I was filling the DS 160 form and something came up which i thought i might not be able to come back to it within a month, so i saved it to my computer.

However, the situation changed (still within a month), so i had to proceed to filling the form so i uploaded from my computer back to the DS 160 portal.

To my surprise, i got to know that the form Reference/Confirmation Code(thats starts with AA) for the first one is different from the one i got after uploading.

Now i have 2 different code that works for same form.

What can i do in this case? Please advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tripleaa: 10:59am On Jun 05, 2017
Dear VO,
I will be glad if you advice on this.
I applied for a student visa in 2007, unfortunately, the Agent i used to write my SAT exams prior to my visa interview issued me a fake result. Gullible i presented it at the interview and i was denied and i guess i have been banned too because since then i haven't applied again. Fast forward to 2017 i.e 10 years after, i now work with an Organisation and we do some work with the american government. I am married now with 2 kids.
Now, i want my wife to go on vacation with my 2kids to the US. Will my assume status at the embassy affect them in anyway? Am i right when i say i assume i have been banned?
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 05, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:24pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hello tripleaa. We inform applicants of any and all ineligibilities at the time of the interview. If you have not been informed of any ban, then none is in place. To a degree, a family member's credibility carries over to other members of the family, both positively and negatively. But ultimately, applicants such as your wife and children must qualify on their own merits.

tripleaa:
Dear VO,
I will be glad if you advice on this.
I applied for a student visa in 2007, unfortunately, the Agent i used to write my SAT exams prior to my visa interview issued me a fake result. Gullible i presented it at the interview and i was denied and i guess i have been banned too because since then i haven't applied again. Fast forward to 2017 i.e 10 years after, i now work with an Organisation and we do some work with the american government. I am married now with 2 kids.
Now, i want my wife to go on vacation with my 2kids to the US. Will my assume status at the embassy affect them in anyway? Am i right when i say i assume i have been banned?
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tripleaa: 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello tripleaa. We inform applicants of any and all ineligibilities at the time of the interview. If you have not been informed of any ban, then none is in place. To a degree, a family member's credibility carries over to other members of the family, both positively and negatively. But ultimately, applicants such as your wife and children must qualify on their own merits.

Thank you for your response. However, i have a few more question. How is the message for a ban conveyed? i remember the VO telling me on that day she wont allow me enter her country. Is that a ban notice? Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
We explain it verbally and also deliver a letter that describes the ineligibility. Some bans are time bound, such as 3-10 years. Others are lifetime. Most of them are eligible for waivers, but the process is complex. The applicant must request a waiver, then the visa officer chooses whether to file the waiver on the applicant's behalf. The waiver is approved or denied by the US Department of Homeland Security.

tripleaa:

Thank you for your response. However, i have a few more question. How is the message for a ban conveyed? i remember the VO telling me on that day she wont allow me enter her country. Is that a ban notice? Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tripleaa: 2:14pm On Jun 05, 2017
abujaniv:
We explain it verbally and also deliver a letter that describes the ineligibility. Some bans are time bound, such as 3-10 years. Others are lifetime. Most of them are eligible for waivers, but the process is complex. The applicant must request a waiver, then the visa officer chooses whether to file the waiver on the applicant's behalf. The waiver is approved or denied by the US Department of Homeland Security.

Thank you very much. I guess i have to apply again to know my true status. I want to ask how i can request a waiver but i guess i will asking you too much. Thank you again.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by HenryO49: 6:17am On Jun 06, 2017
is there a maximum period between submitting the application (D160 form online) and attending the interview? will there be a problem if the interview date is, say, 9months after application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.