Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818459 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by HenryO49: 6:19am On Jun 06, 2017
Hello,
Is there a requirement for US citizens who are children of Nigerians, and living in Nigeria to visit the US at certain intervals... some say once a year, some say every 5years etc. Otherwise the child will not qualify for certain benefits etc.

Is there such a requirement?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:23am On Jun 06, 2017
Good morning, HenryO49. The machine readable visa (MRV) fee is good for one year after payment to schedule an interview.

HenryO49:
is there a maximum period between submitting the application (D160 form online) and attending the interview? will there be a problem if the interview date is, say, 9months after application?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:25am On Jun 06, 2017
Hello again HenryO49. There is no such visitation requirement for US citizens abroad. However, US citizens are obligated to file and pay US income tax wherever they live in the world. Failure to do so can lead to cancellation or revocation of passports among other penalties.

HenryO49:
Hello,
Is there a requirement for US citizens who are children of Nigerians, and living in Nigeria to visit the US at certain intervals... some say once a year, some say every 5years etc. Otherwise the child will not qualify for certain benefits etc.

Is there such a requirement?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mzjennypher(f): 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
@abujaniv is it wise to fill a mall address as contact organisation on my ds-160form? i wld be staying in an hotel tho
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hello adekennis. I've taken down your post because it is a very bad idea to post personal information in a public forum such as this. We can't go into details about any specific case, including your own. But I can say that we take biographical details very seriously, and the use of multiple names is a red flag for fraud.

We understand that names change sometimes due to marriage and other reasons, and there is a space on every application to list the previous names used. If you change names and don't disclose your previous identities, then your credibility is tarnished.

The visa officer would have told you if you had a ban.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hello mzjennypher. Is the mall going to pick you up at the airport? Do you discuss family and politics with the mall?

mzjennypher:
@abujaniv is it wise to fill a mall address as contact organisation on my ds-160form? i wld be staying in an hotel tho

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mzjennypher(f): 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello mzjennypher. Is the mall going to pick you up at the airport? Do you discuss family and politics with the mall?

@abujaniv thanks, can i book a bed and breakfast house as most of the hotels are really expensive and beyond my budget.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
We are not travel agents. If you can not afford accommodation in the US, perhaps it is time to consider visiting a less expensive place.

mzjennypher:

@abujaniv thanks, can i book a bed and breakfast house as most of the hotels are really expensive and beyond my budget.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
Traveling across an ocean to a foreign land is no small undertaking. If you have no friends or family there and you have no idea where to stay or go, it may be a sign that this trip is beyond your means at this point.

Fabrepass77:

abujaniv. I'm in the same shoes...
I'm applying for visiting visa for few days to visit malls and some tourist centres.On the DS form,it keeps asking for contact organization info...please what should I fill there?

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Fabrepass77: 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
[quote author=abujaniv post=57250181]Traveling across an ocean to a foreign land is no small undertaking. If you have no friends or family there and you have no idea where to stay or go, it may be a sign that this trip is beyond your means at this point
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sly4reall: 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
Dear VO.

My wife and daughter submitted visa renewal request via Dropbox, my daughter was issued the visa and my wife was invited for interview. She appeared for the interview and answered all questions truthfully, (Cos she delivered using the expired visa), and was told to pick up her passport with the white paper after 3 working days. It now over 10 working days and the passport status when we track it with her passport number reads ' Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate'[i][/i];.

Is there any problem? Any reason for the delay because she need the passport to write an international exam very soon.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:53am On Jun 07, 2017
Hello sly4reall. Exercise patience.

sly4reall:
Dear VO.

My wife and daughter submitted visa renewal request via Dropbox, my daughter was issued the visa and my wife was invited for interview. She appeared for the interview and answered all questions truthfully, (Cos she delivered using the expired visa), and was told to pick up her passport with the white paper after 3 working days. It now over 10 working days and the passport status when we track it with her passport number reads ' Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate'[i][/i];.

Is there any problem? Any reason for the delay because she need the passport to write an international exam very soon.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by CreativeWeb(m): 8:11am On Jun 07, 2017
Hello, Abujaniv

Thank you for your responses.

Please, I will be attending a conference in US. I will need a B1 Visa. I want to travel with my wife. Will she need a B1 or a B2 Visa? She's part of the conference. We are pastors.

Our church is sending us for Synod conference and Women's Conference of a sister church in the US. The conferences run concurrently.

My question...

How do I link the two DS-160 application forms together so that we attend interview together?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hello CreativeWeb. In almost every case, we combine the two categories as B1/B2 for each applicant. Follow the instructions on the ustraveldocs site for scheduling.

CreativeWeb:
Hello, Abujaniv

Thank you for your responses.

Please, I will be attending a conference in US. I will need a B1 Visa. I want to travel with my wife. Will she need a B1 or a B2 Visa? She's part of the conference. We are pastors.

Our church is sending us for Synod conference and Women's Conference of a sister church in the US. The conferences run concurrently.

My question...

How do I link the two DS-160 application forms together so that we attend interview together?

Thanks.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fpeter(f): 12:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
Admin, please is there a preferred dress code when going for the interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hello fpeter. There is no dress code. It's a good idea to dress nicely but comfortable, as there is a bit of walking and standing in line at the Embassy/Consulate.

fpeter:
Admin, please is there a preferred dress code when going for the interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ayo4dworld(m): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
Good afternoon dear abujaniv. I would like to ask the implication of choosing B2 visa as the purpose of a child travelling. He is going for a tourist visit only. B1/B2 was chosen for his parents that he is travelling together with. Is there any need to fill another form to change her purpose to B1/B2 too. Won't there any complication if his purpose to travel remain as B2 and his parents as B1/B2

Thanks for your prompt response
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by CreativeWeb(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello CreativeWeb. In almost every case, we combine the two categories as B1/B2 for each applicant. Follow the instructions on the ustraveldocs site for scheduling.

Thank you, Abujaniv.

So, I will apply for B1/B2 and she also apply for B1/B2?

How do we link the two applications to enable us attend interview the same day?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by prex29: 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2017
prex29:
Dear VO,
My wife was issued a 2 year visiting visa on Sept 2016 and she traveled to the US in Dec 2016, she was given a stay of 6 months at the port of entry and spent 3 months and returned in March. Is She eligible to apply for renew via Dropbox after expiry or before, cos I heard you have to use the visa twice for travel or you might be denied a visa renewal. Is this true ? Please reply.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hello ayo4dworld. Once again, I repeat that we rarely split up those categories anymore. Just about every tourist will get the combined B1/B2 visa.

ayo4dworld:
Good afternoon dear abujaniv. I would like to ask the implication of choosing B2 visa as the purpose of a child travelling. He is going for a tourist visit only. B1/B2 was chosen for his parents that he is travelling together with. Is there any need to fill another form to change her purpose to B1/B2 too. Won't there any complication if his purpose to travel remain as B2 and his parents as B1/B2

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mzjennypher(f): 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2017
@abujaniv
i submitted my ds-160 form yesterday and up till now i didnt get the ds-160 comfirmation. please help i dnt know what could have gone wrong.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by yokus(f): 5:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
Goodday Niv. I would like to ask two questions by painting a scenario. A family friend, her Husband and 3 kids went to the usa embassy 3weeks earlier with an invitation to attend a cousins graduation and they were rejected, no reason stated. Today they went again with a new letter of invitation from the Cousin requesting that they come for Holiday or Vacation since his graduation had passed

They were interviewed by the same VO that attended to them few weeks back and she said she is not giving them because the first letter was a letter inviting them for the Graduation and the second is inviting them for Vacation.
My first question is- should the same VO who attended
And denied you Visa the first time attend to you again- will it be unbiased?
Secondly, i was wondering if they had gone back with the expired graduation invitation card, they probably would still have denied them because the graduation ceremony had passed? Is there any rule saying one should stick to the same invitation letter he brought for the first interview?
I would really want your advise. They are devastated and i feel partly responsible because i told her that taking the old invitation when the graduation date had passed did not make sense.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dabson2020: 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2017
Good day VO,

Please how can I schedule an appointment under 221g?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:45pm On Jun 07, 2017
See above.

ayo4dworld:

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hello yokus. Visa officers take great pains to assure that they do not interview applicants more than once. Applicants sometimes get us confused and think they are seeing the same person, but be assured, we can see if we (or other officers) have interviewed a particular applicant. If that happens, we recuse ourselves and guide the applicant to a different window.

We don't look at or consider invitations at all, so that would not be a factor in the adjudication of a visa application.

yokus:
Goodday Niv. I would like to ask two questions by painting a scenario. A family friend, her Husband and 3 kids went to the usa embassy 3weeks earlier with an invitation to attend a cousins graduation and they were rejected, no reason stated. Today they went again with a new letter of invitation from the Cousin requesting that they come for Holiday or Vacation since his graduation had passed

They were interviewed by the same VO that attended to them few weeks back and she said she is not giving them because the first letter was a letter inviting them for the Graduation and the second is inviting them for Vacation.
My first question is- should the same VO who attended
And denied you Visa the first time attend to you again- will it be unbiased?
Secondly, i was wondering if they had gone back with the expired graduation invitation card, they probably would still have denied them because the graduation ceremony had passed? Is there any rule saying one should stick to the same invitation letter he brought for the first interview?
I would really want your advise. They are devastated and i feel partly responsible because i told her that taking the old invitation when the graduation date had passed did not make sense.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deardevil(m): 12:02am On Jun 08, 2017
hello house
got married to my wife last month (may)and I plan on visiting her July .... pls I don't really know how to go about it and what I need to do . thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.