Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,570 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (821750 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Arnold4all: 6:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
can you please tell me other things she can present to overcome the 214(b), she has a project which we started after her I-130 was denied and her presence to the completion of the project is very necessary which she must go back after visiting me to complete the project. Do we present this as an evidence? also if even getting an affidavit to prove she will come back after visiting me, please anything to aid us overcome this please advise. Thanks
abujaniv:

Hello Arnold4all,

She's welcome to apply for a B1/B2 visa. However, if she just recently applied to immigrate to the United States, it is unlikely she would overcome 214(b), which is the legal presumption that all visa applicants intend to immigrate.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:57am On Feb 26, 2016
Arnold4all:
can you please tell me other things she can present to overcome the 214(b), she has a project which we started after her I-130 was denied and her presence to the completion of the project is very necessary which she must go back after visiting me to complete the project. Do we present this as an evidence? also if even getting an affidavit to prove she will come back after visiting me, please anything to aid us overcome this please advise. Thanks

We are not going to coach you on how to get a visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:57am On Feb 26, 2016
opomulero:

Thank you.... But if i put "the decision was made by the Visa Officer" OR "i was refused under section 214(b)... hope this wont indict me?

and lastly, i could see that having people (friends or relatives) in the USA is also an added advantage as most people i have talked to about this issue confirms they have one or two people in the USA. IS THIS TRULY A CONSIDERATION BY THE VO?

You are not required to have any friends or contacts in the United States in order to get a visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 26, 2016
Hello Abuja niv I have some quests
1. pls can a visa be cancelled without notice by a visa office
2. If it is cancelled on their system and not on the visa page wats d faith of the person at the port of entry if the person said nothing but the truth during the interview.
3. Can a cbp officer change still allow the person entry to the visa if he or she believes d person. I mean can something be done about the visa that was cancelled. Thank u
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
kendybabe88:
Hello Abuja niv I have some quests
1. pls can a visa be cancelled without notice by a visa office
2. If it is cancelled on their system and not on the visa page wats d faith of the person at the port of entry if the person said nothing but the truth during the interview.
3. Can a cbp officer change still allow the person entry to the visa if he or she believes d person. I mean can something be done about the visa that was cancelled. Thank u

Hello kendybabe88,

1) Yes, it can be cancelled at any time.
2) You can't travel on a cancelled visa, regardless of whether or not it has been physically marked. The system will immediately reveal the cancellation. A person with a cancelled visa is usually turned around before they board their flight into the United States.
3) You can apply again. However, be realistic. If we just cancelled your visa for whatever reason, meaning we did NOT want you to have the option to travel into the United States, what are the odds we'll give you another one shortly thereafter?

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
Thank u for ur response.But after all calls to the embassy they said if no notification has been sent its on the discretion of the cbp and I cannot know if it's cancelled until I get to the Poe and again the flight says no problem I can fly.what do u think pls and how can I check if truly it has been cancelled so I don't get stranded. Can the cbp change d decision if am found innocent
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ikanason(m): 3:37am On Feb 27, 2016
pls friends i greet u all. am applying for my b1/b2 visa I need advice pls. a family friend of 56 years is inviting me to texas, the both families have been friends for five years now. the woman sent an invitation letter with her voting card to me, pls house is there any advice for me, this is my first travel that means my passport is still a pure virgin. Pls friends help me get this visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mtimisola(m): 6:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
I seek clarification on this important question.

1. Is it "Compulsory" that I print my appointment Letter and Confirmation page with a Coloured Printer?

2. Will I be attended to If I get to the Venue 30/45 minutes before the Interview Time?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by GoingLive: 8:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
Hello Abujaniv.

Thank you for this wonderful job. My interview is in two weeks time, I was told that first time travelers are turned down most times. I have been to kenya in 2008 but have not traveled abroad, I am suppose to go for a one week training program in Chicago sponsored by my company, they have already given me a letter of introduction to the embassy. What are my chances?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by segee77: 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
My cousin invited me in 2004 to USA but i was denied then, my passport was stamped and wrote b inside it, I did not apply seen then but a friend is inviting me now, if ask do you know any other person in USA, should I mention my cousin , I've not hear from him over 8 years now. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by victor4u(m): 11:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
Hello Abujaniv,

You've been doing a great job. Just one question ; a friend was recently issued a B1/B2 Visa (intention stated was vacation) and shortly after, just before travelling, the community college he applied to gave him admission and was told his 1-20 is ready.

The question is....can he go ahead to the US on his B1/B2 and apply for a change of status or he has to start the application all over again.

What is his chances of getting a F1 visa after just been issued a B1/B2 visa.

Thanks a lot
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:45am On Feb 29, 2016
kendybabe88:
Thank u for ur response.But after all calls to the embassy they said if no notification has been sent its on the discretion of the cbp and I cannot know if it's cancelled until I get to the Poe and again the flight says no problem I can fly.what do u think pls and how can I check if truly it has been cancelled so I don't get stranded. Can the cbp change d decision if am found innocent

Hello kendybabe88,

What did you do that you're so worried we cancelled your visa?

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:47am On Feb 29, 2016
ikanason:
pls friends i greet u all. am applying for my b1/b2 visa I need advice pls. a family friend of 56 years is inviting me to texas, the both families have been friends for five years now. the woman sent an invitation letter with her voting card to me, pls house is there any advice for me, this is my first travel that means my passport is still a pure virgin. Pls friends help me get this visa.

Hello ikanason,

Be honest and forthcoming with information. If we feel like we have to pull information out of you (instead of the information being volunteered freely), it's likely we'll think you're hiding something and end the interview. That's our best and only advice.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

P.S. You don't need an invitation to visit the U.S.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:49am On Feb 29, 2016
mtimisola:
I seek clarification on this important question.

1. Is it "Compulsory" that I print my appointment Letter and Confirmation page with a Coloured Printer?

2. Will I be attended to If I get to the Venue 30/45 minutes before the Interview Time?

Thank you.

Hello mtimisola,

1) It's preferable but not required for it to be in color;

2) We advise applicants to be at the embassy or consulate 30 minutes before their scheduled appointment for processing.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:53am On Feb 29, 2016
GoingLive:
Hello Abujaniv.

Thank you for this wonderful job. My interview is in two weeks time, I was told that first time travelers are turned down most times. I have been to kenya in 2008 but have not traveled abroad, I am suppose to go for a one week training program in Chicago sponsored by my company, they have already given me a letter of introduction to the embassy. What are my chances?

Hello GoingLive,

This isn't a low-lit, dingy pool hall tinged by stale tobacco; we're not going to give you "odds". If you think you are qualified, you can apply. If you don't think you are qualified, we strongly encourage you to save your time and money. Letters of introduction are not required.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:53am On Feb 29, 2016
Damolaskynov:
I had to modify my initial post as the answer to my question was just some pages behind...
Many apologies, do enjoy your weekend

Hello Damolaskynov,

Thanks for looking through the thread! Much appreciated.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:54am On Feb 29, 2016
segee77:
My cousin invited me in 2004 to USA but i was denied then, my passport was stamped and wrote b inside it, I did not apply seen then but a friend is inviting me now, if ask do you know any other person in USA, should I mention my cousin , I've not hear from him over 8 years now. Thanks

Hello segee77,

It's better to be completely transparent than to be perceived as concealing something.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:55am On Feb 29, 2016
victor4u:
Hello Abujaniv,

You've been doing a great job. Just one question ; a friend was recently issued a B1/B2 Visa (intention stated was vacation) and shortly after, just before travelling, the community college he applied to gave him admission and was told his 1-20 is ready.

The question is....can he go ahead to the US on his B1/B2 and apply for a change of status or he has to start the application all over again.

What is his chances of getting a F1 visa after just been issued a B1/B2 visa.

Thanks a lot

Hello victor4u,

He needs to apply for an F1 visa if he's planning on enrolling when he arrives in the United States, otherwise his actions will be perceived as purposeful deception in intent.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 29, 2016
I applied for b1/b2 non immigrant visa last year was issued nov.paid my Hosp and doc fees to the last before my interview,on my ds160 form I recorded my doc and Hosp and rented apartment contact, d visa officer read my email correspondence with all and issued me a visa.my husband was not supposed to go with me but last month it was confirmed I had placenta previa issues so we decided he applies and just help me for first 2 weeks then come back to Nigeria and come back after the baby is born only for him to go for his first interview got denied and he reapplied, went for the next one got denied at the end d visa officer told him my visa has been cancelled verbally without no paper being issued. I called d customer care number and was told they can't check but she advise I get to point of entry. Am 34 weeks gone bought my ticket since am scared of getting there and being turned back because honestly this days d words ring through my head and I dnt know my crime. I was open from my ds160 form to my interview I ddnt lie. I don't know if she cancelled it and I get there and they review it and find me innocent if something can be done.i paid all fees complete since last year September way before my interview.i dnt know if the visa officer got angry he applied twice without space. I'm confused pls reply
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LadyGuinivere: 2:13pm On Feb 29, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello GoingLive,

This isn't a low-lit, dingy pool hall tinged by stale tobacco; we're not going to give you "odds". If you think you are qualified, you can apply. If you don't think you are qualified, we strongly encourage you to save your time and money. Letters of introduction are not required.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Lol. I just had to comment. Since the straight answer wasn't working, u had to paint a picture. U should consider writing a western. Lol

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Abujafinest(m): 3:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
Good day Abujaniv. Please, I have a quick question. Am a US citizen. My wife is applying for B1/B2 visa so we can go on vacation together. Will it be possible to accompany her to the interview and answers questions if need be. Am the one paying for the trip. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rogerdavid: 5:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
Hello Lagos/Abuja NIV

Thank you for your response the other day on my passport issue.
I have another question:

How relevant is having cash revealed in my bank statement in order to have a successful visa interview?

My intended school gave me an assistantship that covers tuition and offers stipends. It appears the assistantship covers the estimated cost of attendance by my school.

Pls how much is needed to be reflected in my bank acct statement? And how relevant is that to having a successful visa interview?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by danowena: 7:14am On Mar 01, 2016
Dear Abujaniv/Lagosniv,

Please for the sake of information and good order; by Port Of Entry, do you mean any airport (seaport) within a state (say Florida)? Or do you mean a specific airport only?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by medoyin(m): 7:33am On Mar 01, 2016
Help me to America nah.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:41am On Mar 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Lol. I just had to comment. Since the straight answer wasn't working, u had to paint a picture. U should consider writing a western. Lol

We'll think on it wink
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:42am On Mar 01, 2016
Abujafinest:
Good day Abujaniv. Please, I have a quick question. Am a US citizen. My wife is applying for B1/B2 visa so we can go on vacation together. Will it be possible to accompany her to the interview and answers questions if need be. Am the one paying for the trip. Thanks

Hello Abujafinest,

Your wife should be able to answer questions for herself. Adults are not allowed companions for their interviews unless the other person is applying for a visa.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:43am On Mar 01, 2016
rogerdavid:
Hello Lagos/Abuja NIV

Thank you for your response the other day on my passport issue.
I have another question:

How relevant is having cash revealed in my bank statement in order to have a successful visa interview?

My intended school gave me an assistantship that covers tuition and offers stipends. It appears the assistantship covers the estimated cost of attendance by my school.

Pls how much is needed to be reflected in my bank acct statement? And how relevant is that to having a successful visa interview?

Thank you

Hello rogerdavid,

Bank statements are not required at visa interviews. You need to be able to satisfy the consular officer's concern that you will need to seek additional employment to defray the cost of your education.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:46am On Mar 01, 2016
medoyin:
Pls what can be done to rectify an error in the application form after submission.?

My wife made a date error while filling her application. On her last visit to the US,she filled 25th Oct instead of 23rd Nov and also 5days for her stay instead of 9days.

Pls help..Tnx

Hello medoyin,

You can contact technical support on the website.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MXoXo: 10:41am On Mar 01, 2016
Dear VO,

I did believe i was to blame for my denial this morning. i had a slight fever starting last nite and it really affected my composure this morning, despite all my effort to be calm and remain confident. I was asked about the trainning i was going for and asked to explain technically which i didnt do even to my own satisfaction. Of course, i can talk and explain and even lecture on that technology.

It is an official trainning that is so important to my work and career growth, someone else, probably will be asked to proceed coz i am unable to get the visa and could affect my next promotion which is a milestone. It is a huge opportunity thats is going to be lost if am unable to make it, its a legitimate, highly coveted training by anyone in my profession and i had well established ties here in Nigeria. Its not in my favour at all that i wont return from this short trainning course.

what can i do at this time please, can i reapply given the fact that it doesnt start until the end of the month. i am quite aware of your admonition not to reapply until at least after 90 days, but then the opportunity will be lost forever. I need a chance in the short time to prove my legitimate bonafide.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by victor4u(m): 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello victor4u,

He needs to apply for an F1 visa if he's planning on enrolling when he arrives in the United States, otherwise his actions will be perceived as purposeful deception in intent.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Thank you Abuja NIV; just for clarification purpose; he wants to know, if it happens that his application for F1 visa was denied; will it affects his already issued B1/B2? will the B1/B2 be cancelled?

Thank you for your prompt response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
MXoXo:
Dear VO,

I did believe i was to blame for my denial this morning. i had a slight fever starting last nite and it really affected my composure this morning, despite all my effort to be calm and remain confident. I was asked about the trainning i was going for and asked to explain technically which i didnt do even to my own satisfaction. Of course, i can talk and explain and even lecture on that technology.

It is an official trainning that is so important to my work and career growth, someone else, probably will be asked to proceed coz i am unable to get the visa and could affect my next promotion which is a milestone. It is a huge opportunity thats is going to be lost if am unable to make it, its a legitimate, highly coveted training by anyone in my profession and i had well established ties here in Nigeria. Its not in my favour at all that i wont return from this short trainning course.

what can i do at this time please, can i reapply given the fact that it doesnt start until the end of the month. i am quite aware of your admonition not to reapply until at least after 90 days, but then the opportunity will be lost forever. I need a chance in the short time to prove my legitimate bonafide.

Thank you.

Hello MXoXo,

We strongly discourage you from reapplying unless something in your life or circumstances have changed.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.