Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,959 members, 7,835,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (822243 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shamecurls(m): 7:00am On Mar 07, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello shamecurls,

It is not necessary to attach any documentation to your application via Dropbox. You may be called in for an interview - at which point you may be asked to present that documentation. We also suggest that you bring all such documentation with you when you travel, including any correspondence with the medical facility where you are planning to deliver and all financial documents that prove your ability to pay for ALL medical procedures. Do not accept Medicaid from the birthing facility because you have proven by receiving a visa to the U.S. that you are not a low income family, which means you do not qualify for that benefit.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Buccattee: 8:08am On Mar 07, 2016
Dear Vo,

Thanks for the great job you're doing here. I will be visiting my wife and daughter, but her F-1 visa will be effective by May, since she's starting school by June, she got the F-1 while in US. My question is, must I wait till May when her visa will be effective before applying for Bi/B2 to visit them or I can do that earlier.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tonybbx: 10:08am On Mar 07, 2016
Good afternoon VO,
Please I want to ask if I got a 6month duration at my POE on my visa while I'm on a 10Day vacation. Can I enter the US again after two weeks of my ten days expiration vacation? Also, will I have to go for another interview again? Again how often can I enter the US if I have a two year visa. Thank you. I await your candid response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ess: 12:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello Ess,

It is very difficult for visibly pregnant woman to gain entry into the U.S. without a clear and well documented birth plan and proof of the financial status showing sufficient funds to pay for a birth in the U.S.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

Thank you for the explanation.
Providing documentation will be as a form of deceit since she does not plan to birth there it seems. Financial funds can be proved however.
Any further advise?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gravity007: 1:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
Hello house,
I just got a B1/B2 Visa with my wife.
During the interview we were asked if she was pregnant and I said 'No'
But I am nursing the intention of giving birth in the States if or when she gets pregnant even though we would still go for vacation first in New York as i told them during the interview.
My question now is that if we want to give birth in the States do I have to send an email to the embassy stating my intention or just pay hospital bills and show evidence at Point of Entry?
Please advise.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:39pm On Mar 07, 2016
IamOpemipo:
Dear abujaniv

Pls I need help fillin my ds-160 form,
I'm plannin to attend a cousin weddin in may, i'm confused with the numbers of days i'll enter on d form, since the weddin is goin to be in just two days, Pls gimme a time frame for the arrival and departure.

Secondly, ma cousin lives in tx but, the weddin is holdin in MN, I eneterd the name of the hotel in MN i'll be stayin for the wedin as ma place of arrival..hope dis wnt b a prob, cos ma cousin doesn't live dere nor will b avail to pik me up..

Thanks.

Hello IamOpemipo,

You must qualify by showing that you have strong ties to Nigeria - the place you are visiting and the number of days you plan to stay is only one part of the process. Just be clear with the VO about where you are going and what your travel plans are - as well as how you will pay for it.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
Buccattee:
Dear Vo,

Thanks for the great job you're doing here. I will be visiting my wife and daughter, but her F-1 visa will be effective by May, since she's starting school by June, she got the F-1 while in US. My question is, must I wait till May when her visa will be effective before applying for Bi/B2 to visit them or I can do that earlier.

Thanks

Hello Buccattee,

It is always best to start the process early due to wait times.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tonybbx: 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
Tonybbx:
Good afternoon VO,
Please I want to ask if I got a 6month duration at my POE on my visa while I'm on a 10Day vacation. Can I enter the US again after two weeks of my ten days expiration vacation? Also, will I have to go for another interview again? Again how often can I enter the US if I have a two year visa. Thank you. I await your candid response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
Tonybbx:
Good morning VO,

Hello Tonybbx,

The visa is valid for two years for multiple entries. It is up to the discretion of the Customs and Border Patrol agent at the POE to determine admittance into the U.S. After the visa expires, you are eligible to use Dropbox if your visa expired no less than 48 months from the time of application (this is an update to the previous guidelines).

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
gravity007:
Hello house,
I just got a B1/B2 Visa with my wife.
During the interview we were asked if she was pregnant and I said 'No'
But I am nursing the intention of giving birth in the States if or when she gets pregnant even though we would still go for vacation first in New York as i told them during the interview.
My question now is that if we want to give birth in the States do I have to send an email to the embassy stating my intention or just pay hospital bills and show evidence at Point of Entry?
Please advise.
Thanks

Hello gravity007,

When entering the U.S. either visibly pregnant or accompanying someone who is visibly pregnant it is best to be honest and upfront with both the VO and the CBP agent at the POE. Having all documents in order will help gain entry, but it does not guarantee entry. It is perfectly legal to give birth in the U.S. - you must however be able to prove your ability to pay and once the baby is born, prove that you have paid all of your medical bills (and NOT accepted medicaid). You do not need to inform the Embassy or the Consulate, but be prepared to answer questions at the POE.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tonybbx: 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello Tonybbx,

The visa is valid for two years for multiple entries. It is up to the discretion of the Customs and Border Patrol agent at the POE to determine admittance into the U.S. After the visa expires, you are eligible to use Dropbox if your visa expired no less than 48 months from the time of application (this is an update to the previous guidelines).

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
please do you mean I will have to wait for four years before I can renew my expired 2 year visa? Please clarify me VO. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by victor4u(m): 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello labasckey,

Documents are not typically required - in fact, VOs rarely look at any documentation (except in the case of women wishing to give birth in the U.S.). You will need to explain your circumstances clearly and honestly to the VO and prove that your ties to Nigeria are strong.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

Thank you for your response.

VOs not looking at documentations...does this apply to F1 too?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
Dear VO,

I scheduled an appointment for 7th March, 2016 for myself, my wife and my child but on getting to the interview venue, i was told that my wife and my child would not be allowed in because the i didnt fill ds-160 for them seperately, i actually thought since i filled them as dependants on my ds-160 (travelling with me), that i would not need to fill seperate forms for them. I filled seperate ds-160 forms for them this morning but of course, it was too late. It was "TB" that was written on the confirmation pages and a letter attached to it.

My questions are:-
how do i now schedule an appointment for them considering the fact that it was on my profile that i scheduled the initial appointment?
The comfirmation pages with "TB" on them, are they still valid?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by birg84: 10:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello birg84,

You are not required to pay for a booking prior to travel, but it is advised to have a concrete plan for your accommodations. It is NOT advised to use touts or other friend's points of contact on your application as you may be asked about them and it will reflect negatively if you cannot speak about that. It is not required to know anyone in the U.S. in order to travel and many people travel with hotels or other such accommodations as their points of contact in the U.S.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ikanason(m): 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
pls I have been searching for a site where I will download the form pls I need help, I just paid today
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
Dear VO

I am a nigerian passport holder but my visa was issued outside Nigeria.

Am i qualified for dropbox renewal in Nigeria on expiry?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:08am On Mar 08, 2016
Tonybbx:
please do you mean I will have to wait for four years before I can renew my expired 2 year visa? Please clarify me VO. Thank you.

Hello Tonybbx,

You can use Dropbox if your visa did not expire more than 48 months ago. If you chose to, you can keep a valid visa at all times by using Dropbox to renew your visa (if you remain eligible) each time it expires (usual validity is 24 months).

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:12am On Mar 08, 2016
HerbertObi:
Dear VO

I am a nigerian passport holder but my visa was issued outside Nigeria.

Am i qualified for dropbox renewal in Nigeria on expiry?

Hello HerbertObi,

Unfortunately, if your last visa was issued outside Nigeria, in the past one could not use Dropbox. However, the guidelines for the Dropbox program will be changing effective March 15 and are as follows:

To qualify for the DHL Drop Box Visa Renewal Program, visa applicants must be applying to renew either a B1/B2, an F or M, J, an L, or an H visa (must be applying for the same class of visa). They must satisfy all of the following criteria for their visa class. If applying as a group or family, all members must fulfill each criteria to use the program.
For a B1/B2 visa holder:
• The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder; if not a Nigerian passport holder, the applicant principally resides in Nigeria and their last visa was issued in Nigeria;
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in an issuance;
• The applicant was issued a two-year B1/B2 United States visa;
• The visa expired no more than four years prior to reissuance;
• The applicant was at least 14 years old at the time of the last issuance or will be under the age of 14 at the time of reissuance; and
• The applicant has never been arrested nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:14am On Mar 08, 2016
gboyegz:
Dear VO,

I scheduled an appointment for 7th March, 2016 for myself, my wife and my child but on getting to the interview venue, i was told that my wife and my child would not be allowed in because the i didnt fill ds-160 for them seperately, i actually thought since i filled them as dependants on my ds-160 (travelling with me), that i would not need to fill seperate forms for them. I filled seperate ds-160 forms for them this morning but of course, it was too late. It was "TB" that was written on the confirmation pages and a letter attached to it.

My questions are:-
how do i now schedule an appointment for them considering the fact that it was on my profile that i scheduled the initial appointment?
The comfirmation pages with "TB" on them, are they still valid?

Hello gboyegz,

That is a technical systems question that is best answered by CGI (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp).

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:16am On Mar 08, 2016
ikanason:
pls I have been searching for a site where I will download the form pls I need help, I just paid today

Hello ikanason,

I am not sure which form you are referring to, but you can visit this site, http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp for any questions on scheduling and completing the necessary forms.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:21am On Mar 08, 2016
victor4u:

Thank you for your response.

VOs not looking at documentations...does this apply to F1 too?

Thank you

Hello victor4u,

For the F1, the VOs will certainly ask to see your SEVIS receipt and your I-20. However, any other documents, such as financial information or other correspondence between the student and the school may be requested, but is not required. Any touts or agents that claim to know the documents that applicants MUST have in order to get a visa are not helpful and in fact, many times it is the people who use touts that are denied visas.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nudge: 7:26am On Mar 08, 2016
I intend starting a new business in Nigeria later in the year, and it's quite novel, so I need to get training in the USA. I'm already in touch with the USA company, and they are willing to send me a letter of invitation for the training. The training is scheduled for June.

The Company inviting is assisting to find a cheap hotel for me. The training is just one week, but the Company is willing to put 3 weeks on the letter so I can use the extra 2 weeks for vacation.

Because of the nature of the business , I need to buy some of the Company's product. I'll only pay after the training. The Company is willing to send me a quote.

I told the Company not to issue me the quote and invitation letter until I get my company registered, so that the invitation letter and the quote shows my company name.

I currently do my business as an independent tax consultant, and I can show my bank statements to prove that I earn regular income.

I presently do not have the funds to travel to the Us, pay for the training, pay for the product and some cash for my upkeep, but I should have all that by end of April, so I will wait till then before I apply.

I'm married with a son, and my wife is pregnant and due to deliver around August.

Based on all the above, do I have a good case to be granted a visa? How best can I present my documents to give me the best possible chance of obtaining the visa.

I have email correspondence and Skype chat between me and the Us Company's CEO. Will that increase my chances?

Waiting for nairalanders. Thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ikanason(m): 7:37am On Mar 08, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello ikanason,

I am not sure which form you are referring to, but you can visit this site, http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp for any questions on scheduling and completing the necessary forms.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

thanks so much, pls throw more light on place of arrival
and place of departure. God bless u...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:28am On Mar 08, 2016
ikanason:

Hello ikanason,

I am not sure what you are referring to. If you mean arrival and departure from the U.S. - that is up to the discretion of each applicant. We cannot answer specific questions about specific cases on this forum - it is rather for us to provide general advise and guidance on the process. I would suggest looking through past posts for further guidance on specifics.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:28am On Mar 08, 2016
ikanason:

Hello ikanason,

I am not sure what you are referring to. If you mean arrival and departure from the U.S. - that is up to the discretion of each applicant. We cannot answer specific questions about specific cases on this forum - it is rather for us to provide general advice and guidance on the process. I would suggest looking through past posts for further guidance on specifics.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cheromel: 10:47am On Mar 08, 2016
Hi
I have a quick question. I, my husband and my four year old daughter would soon be renewing our US visit visa through the DHL drop box program. I have a son who just turned one and I want to apply for him as well, it would be his first time applying. Now, can I include his application with the rest of us using the Drop box service(even though he doesn't qualify) or do I need to go through the scheduling appointment/interview for him. I am just wondering since he is just a baby. Thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FilsdeDieu: 11:32am On Mar 08, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello FilsdeDieu,

That is a systems question for a different department. However, we would suggest that you make your appointment for the interview as soon as possible.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

Hello NIV, thanks for the response. My issue is I had my visa interview on the 2nd of March and the VO said the I797B approval notice had not been uploaded on PIMS. My question now is that shouldn't the approval have been updated on PIMS now? I also have a copy of the hardcopy approval which was sent to my immigration lawyers on March 1, 2016.

I just hope my case hasn't been forgotten at the US consulate in Lagos as I have a feeling that it should have been uploaded on PIMS.

Is there anything I can do to know the status of the visa stamping for my passport?

Sincerely
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:36am On Mar 08, 2016
cheromel:
Hi
I have a quick question. I, my husband and my four year old daughter would soon be renewing our US visit visa through the DHL drop box program. I have a son who just turned one and I want to apply for him as well, it would be his first time applying. Now, can I include his application with the rest of us using the Drop box service(even though he doesn't qualify) or do I need to go through the scheduling appointment/interview for him. I am just wondering since he is just a baby. Thanks in advance.

Hello cheromel,

You must complete the process for an interview for your son. Once he has a visa, then you could use Dropbox in the future.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shawno: 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hi VO,
Thank you so much for your answers and piece of advice you normally give on this forum.
Please i want to apply for a US visa to attend a conference. on the application form , business and conference is B1. i know they normally put B1/B2 on the visa on tourist visa . i just want to know the type of visa that is normally written on the visa to attend a conference.
Thank you so much and always.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tonybbx: 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello Tonybbx,

You can use Dropbox if your visa did not expire more than 48 months ago. If you chose to, you can keep a valid visa at all times by using Dropbox to renew your visa (if you remain eligible) each time it expires (usual validity is 24 months).

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
its clear now. Thank you very much
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by koksy(f): 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hello Abuja niv
Pls I would be attending a conference in US in June and I have a US visa which expires in May..Pls what is the process of the drop box renewal..which forms do I fill and want documentations do I need
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.