Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818197 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:14am On Mar 03, 2016
daisypearl:
Pls I need to understand why I was denied a B1/B2.
Work in multinational with very good salary
Interview goes thus-

Consular: Hello y are u going to the US
Me: For tourism basically
Consular: Where are you going?
Me: Atlanta
Consular: Why Atlanta
Me: I heard there are a lot tourist attractions there like CNN, Coca cola.
Consular: What do You do for a living?
Me: Told him where I work
Consular: What do u do exactly?
Me: Gave him a brief description of my work
Consular: What's your salary monthly
Me : Its 302,.....i don't have the other figure in my head its 302k with some hundreds
Consular: You travelled to turkey,y?
Me: Went to visit my dad there
Consular:what does he do in turkey
Me: He's an engineer but he has moved back to the country
Consular: Why is he back in the country?
Me: ( at this point o was why he was asking about this,so I didn't answer outrightly) he's sick right now n in the country
Consular: Oh sorry about that what does he have
Me: Stroke but he's recovering now. Thank you
Consular: Are u married?
Me: No

Consular: I'm sorry but I don't think u eligible to go to the US now maybe some other time.

He didn't ask for any document.

So pls what went wrong trying to figure that out. Thanks

Hello daisypearl,

Dunno, we're not visa coaches. You were given a letter explaining why you were unqualified under US law.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tonybbx: 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
Good day V. O.
Thank you for all of your assistance here.
I'm planning to take my leave from work next month to spend it in America.please I want to know the best time to apply for my visa. Thank you for your quick response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
Tonybbx:
Good day V. O.
Thank you for all of your assistance here.
I'm planning to take my leave from work next month to spend it in America.please I want to know the best time to apply for my visa. Thank you for your quick response.

Hello Tonybbx,

Whenever works for you but the earlier the better.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by victor4u(m): 11:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello victor4u,

There are different requirements for either visa. You can qualify for one and fail to qualify for another.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Hello Abj NIV Team

You are doing a great job here. Thank you s much.

But uve really not answered my question. My question is, will his already issued B1/B2 Visa be cancelled if his application for F1 Was declined?

The admission letter came after he had already been issued a B1/B2 visa. And he hasn't travelled with the B1/B2 visa at all.

Thank you for your prompt response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rumelovelace: 12:01am On Mar 04, 2016
Good day V.O
Please i need this information on how to go about:My Sister is a(U.S) citizen who will be graduating by MAY, wants one our family friend(a priest)to attend the graduation ceremony but does not know how to begin the process.What is the requirement and how is the process?.Hope to hear from you as soon as convenient
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:12am On Mar 04, 2016
rumelovelace:
Good day V.O
Please i need this information on how to go about:My Sister is a(U.S) citizen who will be graduating by MAY, wants one our family friend(a priest)to attend the graduation ceremony but does not know how to begin the process.What is the requirement and how is the process?.Hope to hear from you as soon as convenient
Thanks.

Hello rumelovelace,

The process is just that the priest applies for a visa. That's it. You can learn more about how to do that by visiting our website.
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gautam7766: 7:56am On Mar 04, 2016
Dear I am agree with u we had not planed to deliver baby in US but circumstances were force us to done this.She just went there to attend birthday party of my friends son that time she was 6 month pregnant I consult with doctor ,Doctor told she can travel.Then we were planning her 20days trip.in 2013 in end of dec month Swine flu disease level went very high.She heard news about disease after that never ready to came in india to deliver the baby.For this the rift start in our life.I was pressurize her to back in inida but she was worried about our baby from this deadly disease because this was very bad effective for pregnant ladies.

That was the time she was totally uncontactable f me after month later I was successful contact her .She never told me how was she managing her self on financial ground.I did lots of effort to send her money but she denied every time..Now I want to clear all the dues of her delivery please advise how can I do this with installments....

And again want travel to US.With clear image .We didn't done this intentionally to Deliver our baby in US with their financial support but I am always thankfull united states who take care of my family in awkward situation.......
abujaniv:

Hello gautam7766,

Sounds like you abused your visas; you became dependent on public assistance because you could not afford your travel. Don't be surprised if you are not allowed to travel to our country ever again.

Medicaid is a program for eligible low-income individuals, and a child’s eligibility is based on the family’s income level. Two points for you to consider:

1. If you think your family is low income, how can you afford to deliver a baby in the U.S.?
2. If you obtain Medicaid benefits for your child, and your child is actually ineligible because your family income is too high, that’s fraudulent and illegal. We would absolutely look at that negatively at a future visa interview.

You and your wife are not entitled any sort of travel benefit from having a child who is an American citizen.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by victor4u(m): 10:06am On Mar 04, 2016
victor4u:

Hello Abj NIV Team

But uve really not answered my question. My question is, will his already issued B1/B2 Visa be cancelled if his application for F1 Was declined?

The admission letter came after he had already been issued a B1/B2 visa. And he hasn't travelled with the B1/B2 visa at all.

I humbly expect your response sir.

Thank you for the great job you are doing
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:24am On Mar 04, 2016
The United States Mission to Nigeria is pleased to announce an expansion of the Drop Box Visa Renewal Program, effective March 15, 2016. This program allows certain visa applicants who have previously been issued U.S. visas to renew their visas without attending an interview.

To qualify for the DHL Drop Box Visa Renewal Program, visa applicants must be applying to renew either a B1/B2, an F or M, J, an L, or an H visa. They must satisfy all of the following criteria for their visa class. If applying as a group or family, all members must fulfill each criteria to use the program.

For a B1/B2 visa holder:
• The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder; if not a Nigerian passport holder, the applicant principally resides in Nigeria and their last visa was issued in Nigeria;
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in an issuance;
• The applicant was issued a two-year B1/B2 United States visa;
The visa expired no more than four years prior to reissuance;
• The applicant was at least 14 years old at the time of the last issuance or will be under the age of 14 at the time of reissuance; and
• The applicant has never been arrested nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States.

For an F or M visa holder:
• The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder; if not a Nigerian passport holder, the applicant principally resides in Nigeria; and their last visa was issued in Nigeria;
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of an F or M visa;
• The applicant is continuing in the same program the original visa was issued for, for example continuing with a bachelor’s degree, even if you have changed institutions, OR if you are continuing with a different program at the same institution; for example completing a bachelor’s program and continuing to study for a master’s degree at the same institution.
• The applicant’s endorsed I-20 is submitted with the application;
• A current transcript is included with the application;
• The applicant was at least 14 years old at the time of the last issuance or will be under the age of 14 at the time of reissuance; and
• The applicant has never been arrested nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States.

For a J visa holder:
• The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder; if not a Nigerian passport holder, the applicant principally resides in Nigeria; and their last visa was issued in Nigeria;
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of a J visa;
• The applicant’s Student and Exchange Information System (SEVIS) number has not changed at the time of issuance from the previously issued visa;

For an L visa holder:
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of an L visa;
The visa expired no more than one year prior to reissuance;
• The same petition is provided that was used in the previous visa application;
• Receipts showing payment of all necessary fees are provided;

For an H visa holder:
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of an H visa;
The visa expired no more than one year prior to reissuance;
• The same petition is provided that was used in the previous visa application;
• Receipts showing payment of all necessary fees are provided;

Applicants who satisfy these criteria should follow the visa application instructions on the U.S. Embassy Nigeria website at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_appointmnent_instructions.html. The CGI visa appointment website will ask applicants a series of questions reflecting the criteria for the DHL Drop Box Visa Renewal Program. Qualifying applicants will be prompted to print a letter confirming their eligibility for the program and instructing them to drop off the letter with their passport, application confirmation sheet, passport photos, visa fee receipt, and appropriate forms to one of the DHL facilities in Abuja or Lagos. The application packets are adjudicated and returned to the applicant’s selected DHL location within 7-10 business days.

Please note that participation in this program does not guarantee visa issuance. Additionally, the consular section may request applicants to attend a visa interview in certain cases, despite having submitted their application through the Drop Box program.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shamecurls(m): 12:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hello V.O,

I sincerely appreciate your response to enquiry's which many like me have gained a lot from.
I will like to enquire if its necessary to attach the zero balance letter of my first child to my next letter of intent for medicals-delivery. I have a B1/B2 visa which I just renewed through dropbox but did not include it in my package as it was not required.

I presently deemed it neccessary again to notify the consulate again and thought if its necessary to attach such document.

. Thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FilsdeDieu: 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hello,

I just had an H1B petition approved by the USCIS, is it possible for me to know when the approval has been uploaded on PIMS?

Sincerely
Bayo
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by birg84: 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hi,
Pls what address can i use for the D-160 form since i intend to use the Airbnb service for accommodation and haven't booked yet since payment is required at the point of booking?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hello VO,

Dear VO,

Please i need your candid advise on how to complete my wife, kid and sister DS 160 form correctly.

She is intending going to the US for birthing, we have the hospital correspodence and down payment already.

My wife will be going with our 2yrs old kid and my sister who is 19yrs that share the same surname with her.

My Question is, should i make a single family application form them? or i should fill for my sister seperately?

Do i need to upload their passport picture while completing the form?

Thank you!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by andyjyd(m): 10:07pm On Mar 04, 2016
Good day VOL
Am having interview next week,during filling my D-160 I can't load my picture,now that I got new picture I try to retrieve my form but said it has been submitted. Pls can I go to the interview with the passport photograph?
Pls I need answer
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ess: 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2016
Dear NIV,

A lady wants to travel for vacation and baby shopping only for a week, however she is 6 months pregnant and does not intend to give birth there.
Can her pregnancy be seen as an issue?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Buccattee: 5:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
Dear VO,

My wife just got her F-1 visa in the US. She was formerly on B1/b2. The visa will be active by May, 2016. I will be applying for B1/B2 visa by may to visit them, and to attend my daughter's 2 year birthday coming June. My question is, I've not traveled outside Nigeria before except for Cameroon, will that be a problem for my visa to be granted?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by labasckey: 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello labasckey,

Be completely honest about your purpose of travel during your interview. If you are going to the United States in order to find work, please tell us. It would make the adjudication much faster.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
yes am going there for greener pastures
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by labasckey: 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
labasckey:
yes am going there for greener pastures
am about to pay fir my visa fee now but the issue is that me ND my wife are not illegally married so I dnt no if they we ask for married certificate pls advice
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:07am On Mar 07, 2016
victor4u:

Hello Abj NIV Team

Hello victor4u,

No, the B1/B2 visa will not be cancelled, but he may NOT study on a B1/B2 visa. If he misuses the visa, it will be cancelled and he could potentially be banned from entering the U.S. in the future.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:13am On Mar 07, 2016
shamecurls:
Hello V.O,

I sincerely appreciate your response to enquiry's which many like me have gained a lot from.
I will like to enquire if its necessary to attach the zero balance letter of my first child to my next letter of intent for medicals-delivery. I have a B1/B2 visa which I just renewed through dropbox but did not include it in my package as it was not required.

I presently deemed it neccessary again to notify the consulate again and thought if its necessary to attach such document.

. Thanks in advance.

Hello shamecurls,

It is not necessary to attach any documentation to your application via Dropbox. You may be called in for an interview - at which point you may be asked to present that documentation. We also suggest that you bring all such documentation with you when you travel, including any correspondence with the medical facility where you are planning to deliver and all financial documents that prove your ability to pay for ALL medical procedures. Do not accept Medicaid from the birthing facility because you have proven by receiving a visa to the U.S. that you are not a low income family, which means you do not qualify for that benefit.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:15am On Mar 07, 2016
FilsdeDieu:
Hello,

I just had an H1B petition approved by the USCIS, is it possible for me to know when the approval has been uploaded on PIMS?

Sincerely
Bayo

Hello FilsdeDieu,

That is a systems question for a different department. However, we would suggest that you make your appointment for the interview as soon as possible.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:18am On Mar 07, 2016
birg84:
Hi,
Pls what address can i use for the D-160 form since i intend to use the Airbnb service for accommodation and haven't booked yet since payment is required at the point of booking?
Thanks in anticipation.

Hello birg84,

You are not required to pay for a booking prior to travel, but it is advised to have a concrete plan for your accommodations. It is NOT advised to use touts or other friend's points of contact on your application as you may be asked about them and it will reflect negatively if you cannot speak about that. It is not required to know anyone in the U.S. in order to travel and many people travel with hotels or other such accommodations as their points of contact in the U.S.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:20am On Mar 07, 2016
jet2biz:
Hello VO,

Dear VO,

Please i need your candid advise on how to complete my wife, kid and sister DS 160 form correctly.

She is intending going to the US for birthing, we have the hospital correspodence and down payment already.

My wife will be going with our 2yrs old kid and my sister who is 19yrs that share the same surname with her.

My Question is, should i make a single family application form them? or i should fill for my sister seperately?

Do i need to upload their passport picture while completing the form?

Thank you!

Hello jet2biz,

Each person traveling will need to have their own DS-160 and uploaded picture in order to appear for an interview.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:22am On Mar 07, 2016
andyjyd:
Good day VOL
Am having interview next week,during filling my D-160 I can't load my picture,now that I got new picture I try to retrieve my form but said it has been submitted. Pls can I go to the interview with the passport photograph?
Pls I need answer

Hello andyjyd,

We are phasing out the hard copy of the passport photograph, but if your interview is scheduled soon, you should be okay to bring in a passport photograph.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:25am On Mar 07, 2016
Ess:
Dear NIV,

A lady wants to travel for vacation and baby shopping only for a week, however she is 6 months pregnant and does not intend to give birth there.
Can her pregnancy be seen as an issue?

Hello Ess,

It is very difficult for visibly pregnant woman to gain entry into the U.S. without a clear and well documented birth plan and proof of the financial status showing sufficient funds to pay for a birth in the U.S.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:28am On Mar 07, 2016
Buccattee:
Dear VO,

My wife just got her F-1 visa in the US. She was formerly on B1/b2. The visa will be active by May, 2016. I will be applying for B1/B2 visa by may to visit them, and to attend my daughter's 2 year birthday coming June. My question is, I've not traveled outside Nigeria before except for Cameroon, will that be a problem for my visa to be granted?

Thanks

Hello Buccattee,

Travel is one way to show ties to Nigeria, but it is not the only way. Be honest, clear and upfront in your interview about your travel plans, your work, your salary and any other questions that you may be asked. However, nothing is guaranteed. You may also want to consider the F2 visa category that is available for spouses of F1 visa holders.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:31am On Mar 07, 2016
labasckey:
am about to pay fir my visa fee now but the issue is that me ND my wife are not illegally married so I dnt no if they we ask for married certificate pls advice

Hello labasckey,

Documents are not typically required - in fact, VOs rarely look at any documentation (except in the case of women wishing to give birth in the U.S.). You will need to explain your circumstances clearly and honestly to the VO and prove that your ties to Nigeria are strong.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by IamOpemipo(m): 6:43am On Mar 07, 2016
Dear abujaniv

Pls I need help fillin my ds-160 form,
I'm plannin to attend a cousin weddin in may, i'm confused with the numbers of days i'll enter on d form, since the weddin is goin to be in just two days, Pls gimme a time frame for the arrival and departure.

Secondly, ma cousin lives in tx but, the weddin is holdin in MN, I eneterd the name of the hotel in MN i'll be stayin for the wedin as ma place of arrival..hope dis wnt b a prob, cos ma cousin doesn't live dere nor will b avail to pik me up..

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.