Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820445 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2016
victor4u:

Thank you Abuja NIV; just for clarification purpose; he wants to know, if it happens that his application for F1 visa was denied; will it affects his already issued B1/B2? will the B1/B2 be cancelled?

Thank you for your prompt response.

Hello victor4u,

There are different requirements for either visa. You can qualify for one and fail to qualify for another.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deleazeezmay9(m): 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2016
Pls my broda is 48 years old nd he want to visit America just for vacation. Can he fill d ds-160 form saying he knows someone dere where as he doesn't know anybody dere. Bt someone gave him an address he can use. Or is it preferable to use hotel reservation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Udiboy(f): 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
Dear VO,
I have four siblings in thier 20's and they plan on coming for easter per my invitation.
My parents are coming for easter as well for 1 month. They are on b1/B2.
Is it advisable to schedule for group interview(family) or individually?

Just curious!
2 are students and 2 are working.
We just want to have a cool Family Easter vacation.

Thank you!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
deleazeezmay9:
Pls my broda is 48 years old nd he want to visit America just for vacation. Can he fill d ds-160 form saying he knows someone dere where as he doesn't know anybody dere. Bt someone gave him an address he can use. Or is it preferable to use hotel reservation.

Are you honestly asking us if we would advise him to deliberately and purposefully lie on his application?

Read that again. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2016
Udiboy:
Dear VO,
I have four siblings in thier 20's and they plan on coming for easter per my invitation.
My parents are coming for easter as well for 1 month. They are on b1/B2.
Is it advisable to schedule for group interview(family) or individually?

Just curious!
2 are students and 2 are working.
We just want to have a cool Family Easter vacation.

Thank you!

Hello Udiboy,

Whichever is more convenient for your family.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ja1914: 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
Dear VO,

I attended an interview for a U.S visit visa some months ago , the VO told me 'your vIsa is approved but I need some information from you', she gave me a yellow 221g paper and requested for some background info. VO gave me the option to leave my passport behind or take it with me and I will be contacted to resubmit it when AP is finalized. I chose the latter.

I submitted all the requested info the same day.

I have Permanent Resident status in Canada, and I will become a Canadian very soon (I will be eligible to visit the U.S without a visa)

Some days ago I got an email from the U.S embassy to reschedule a follow up interview.

Now here is my question, considering my tight schedule, the inconvenience of waiting in the cold outside the embassy in Canada and the fact that the next time I will be traveling to the U.S I would have gotten my Canadian passport, I do not see any need to reschedule/attend this interview,

Can I just buy my ticket and proceed with my trip to the U.S when next I intend to go?

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by danowena: 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
danowena:
Dear Abujaniv/Lagosniv,

Please for the sake of information and good order; by Port Of Entry, do you mean any airport (seaport) within a state (say Florida)? Or do you mean a specific airport only?

Thanks in anticipation.
Dear Abujaniv/Lagosniv,

Please can I have a response to the above enquiry? Thanks a lot.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deleazeezmay9(m): 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2016
Pls my broda is 48 years old nd he want to visit America just for vacation. Can he fill d ds-160 form saying he knows someone dere where as he doesn't know anybody dere. Bt someone gave him an address he can use. Or is it preferable to use hotel reservation. Wat I meant was dat someone connected him wit with a man dat he can stay with but dat person his nt his relative. Or will it b ok for him to use hotel reservation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deleazeezmay9(m): 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
I want to travel to d state bt don't know anybody dere. So, wat address will I fill on my ds-160 form.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deleazeezmay9(m): 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
Is it a must I upload my picture because wen trying to upload my picture it Was rejected bt later ask me do u want to continue without picture.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by pyx: 9:53pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hello VO,
My cousin had B2 visa still valid, in the course of his travel to US he met a woman he would like to marry since he has divorced the Nigerian wife. Can he get married if he travels to the US on B2 visa?
If otherwise kindly throw more light.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MXoXo: 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello MXoXo,
We strongly discourage you from reapplying unless something in your life or circumstances have changed.
Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Dear VO,

Thanks for your response to my question. I did believe my circumstances and the purpose of my travel is deserving of a non-immigrant visa at this time. This is a now situation that could gravely impact my future endeavors in the opportunity for this highly coveted professional IT trainning but for the physical discomfort situation I had and it was all over in less than 5 minutes. I wouldn't be bothered were it to be for tourism or something less important. There should be a way for US Visa system to give one a possible immediate redress in this kind of situation.

I am quite sure that was the sole reason for the denial cos the VO kept repeating my response to himself and I wasn't allowed to talk further even after I had managed to put myself together. This was just as a result of my slight indisposition. Please advise further.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ujan: 11:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
goodday V.O.we intend to give birth in the united states,since my wife purpose of travel is medical,what do you think should be my purpose of travel since am accompanying my wife? is it going to be medicals too or vacation.the second question has to do with contact person in the states.should I put the doctors name and hospital as the contact person and place for my wife on her ds 160? if yes,who do you think should be my contact person since am accompanying her.should I put the address of where she will be lodging as her address in the usa.THANKS
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:27am On Mar 02, 2016
MXoXo:

Dear VO,

Thanks for your response to my question. I did believe my circumstances and the purpose of my travel is deserving of a non-immigrant visa at this time. This is a now situation that could gravely impact my future endeavors in the opportunity for this highly coveted professional IT trainning but for the physical discomfort situation I had and it was all over in less than 5 minutes. I wouldn't be bothered were it to be for tourism or something less important. There should be a way for US Visa system to give one a possible immediate redress in this kind of situation.

I am quite sure that was the sole reason for the denial cos the VO kept repeating my response to himself and I wasn't allowed to talk further even after I had managed to put myself together. This was just as a result of my slight indisposition. Please advise further.

Thank you

Hello MXoXo,

Our answer remains the same.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:30am On Mar 02, 2016
ujan:
goodday V.O.we intend to give birth in the united states,since my wife purpose of travel is medical,what do you think should be my purpose of travel since am accompanying my wife? is it going to be medicals too or vacation.the second question has to do with contact person in the states.should I put the doctors name and hospital as the contact person and place for my wife on her ds 160? if yes,who do you think should be my contact person since am accompanying her.should I put the address of where she will be lodging as her address in the usa.THANKS

Hello ujan,

1) A B1/B2 visa is appropriate for your purpose of travel;
2) Either the address of your hotel or your doctor's information would be fine.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:32am On Mar 02, 2016
pyx:
Hello VO,
My cousin had B2 visa still valid, in the course of his travel to US he met a woman he would like to marry since he has divorced the Nigerian wife. Can he get married if he travels to the US on B2 visa?
If otherwise kindly throw more light.

Hello pyx,

Although your cousin is allowed to get married while in the United States, he will be held to a much higher bar of scrutiny - particularly if he was married to his first wife when he received his B1/B2 visa. Marriage for the sake of immigrant benefits to which one is not entitled is illegal.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:32am On Mar 02, 2016
deleazeezmay9:
Is it a must I upload my picture because wen trying to upload my picture it Was rejected bt later ask me do u want to continue without picture.

Please read the response we already gave you. Contact technical support if you have questions regarding how to complete the online application form.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:38am On Mar 02, 2016
ja1914:
Dear VO,

I attended an interview for a U.S visit visa some months ago , the VO told me 'your vIsa is approved but I need some information from you', she gave me a yellow 221g paper and requested for some background info. VO gave me the option to leave my passport behind or take it with me and I will be contacted to resubmit it when AP is finalized. I chose the latter.

I submitted all the requested info the same day.

I have Permanent Resident status in Canada, and I will become a Canadian very soon (I will be eligible to visit the U.S without a visa)

Some days ago I got an email from the U.S embassy to reschedule a follow up interview.

Now here is my question, considering my tight schedule, the inconvenience of waiting in the cold outside the embassy in Canada and the fact that the next time I will be traveling to the U.S I would have gotten my Canadian passport, I do not see any need to reschedule/attend this interview,

Can I just buy my ticket and proceed with my trip to the U.S when next I intend to go?

Thank you.

Hello ja1914,

Depends on the reason why we need to complete a follow up interview. I would advise you to contact the post where you did your first interview and share the information here.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tonybbx: 9:13am On Mar 02, 2016
Good morning VO
Please advice me: I want to apply for a ten day vacation in the US. My intention is to go to California because uncle lives there. My questions are; which type of visa should I choose and can I use my uncle's address? Thanks for your quick response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:29am On Mar 02, 2016
Tonybbx:
Good morning VO
Please advice me: I want to apply for a ten day vacation in the US. My intention is to go to California because uncle lives there. My questions are; which type of visa should I choose and can I use my uncle's address? Thanks for your quick response.

Hello Tonybbx,

B1/B2 visa is appropriate for visiting relations. If you are staying with your uncle, providing his information makes sense but is not required.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tonybbx: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2016
Okay then. Thanks.

Hello Tonybbx,

B1/B2 visa is appropriate for visiting relations. If you are staying with your uncle, providing his information makes sense but is not required.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team[/quote]
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Deyonsesi: 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
Dear VO,

I just need some clarification. I wish to renew my visa via dropbox cos it expired less dan 1year ago. I also want to obtain visit visa for my two kids (dis wld be dia 1st visa). Can I submit dia application via dropbox along wit mine or would dey have to appear at d embassy? They are less than 10years old.

Thank you as I await your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Arnold4all: 12:01am On Mar 03, 2016
Please what else can I do, I have never been told why her visa was denied and revoked, anytime I calls NVC all they kept telling me is its undergoing administrative processing with no time frame, please any suggestion on what to do, her non-immigrant visa was also denied based on 214(b), what can I do please.
abujaniv:

We are not going to coach you on how to get a visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by pyx: 4:02am On Mar 03, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello pyx,

Although your cousin is allowed to get married while in the United States, he will be held to a much higher bar of scrutiny - particularly if he was married to his first wife when he received his B1/B2 visa. Marriage for the sake of immigrant benefits to which one is not entitled is illegal.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Thank you VO, he has obtained a divorce paper after dissolution of their marriage.
Hope he is safe
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:15am On Mar 03, 2016
Deyonsesi:
Dear VO,

I just need some clarification. I wish to renew my visa via dropbox cos it expired less dan 1year ago. I also want to obtain visit visa for my two kids (dis wld be dia 1st visa). Can I submit dia application via dropbox along wit mine or would dey have to appear at d embassy? They are less than 10years old.

Thank you as I await your response.

Hello Deyonsesi,

Only people who have had visas in the past can apply via dropbox. Minors must appear in person with a parent.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Damolaskynov: 8:57am On Mar 03, 2016
Hi Abuja NIV,

I want to pay for my visa application via my GT bank online account but I cannot access the VFS link for the American embassy. Any assistance will be highly appreciated as I will like to start my visa processing on time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gautam7766: 9:01am On Mar 03, 2016
Dear I need advice I got us non immigrant visa on oct 2013 I got travelled in 2013 dec for 20days.And then my wife alone went to us in dec14 she delivered baby boy.She took financial support from usa with hozier card.When came return to from Chicago airport there immigration officer ask some question about delivery and saw hozier card.She revoke her visa write on sticker and ask her u and u r husband will not come us..But I have not received any call of revocation of my visa from us embassy. I want to know my visa is live or not can travel to us?Can my wife apply again for us visa with the behalf of our American citizen son?? I need the answer I want know despiretly....
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by GettysBurg: 11:00am On Mar 03, 2016
Dear Visa officer,
I and my wife were issued a b1/b2 visa 2 years ago to attend a conference in the USA. We did, and a year later we travelled again for another business visit. During the visit, my wife who was 6 months pregnant went into premature labour and was rushed to emergency in a hospital where she was delivered.
As a result, the baby was in critical state and kept in intensive care for 3 months with 2 extra months of follow up by the doctors, before they returned, within the validity of the visa.
In the process, the medical bills mounted so high and the hospital turned it over to debt collectors. We arranged a monthly payment with the collectors though and will take 18 months to clear.
In this situation, can we apply for visa by dropbox considering that we still have medical bills uncleared? And in particular, because the baby has appointment with her doctors. Will our indebtedness affect our chances of getting a visa now? Or do we wait to clear the bills? I need your advice as I don't want to spoil my opportunity to visit the USA whenever we need to. Thanks very much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by daisypearl: 11:03am On Mar 03, 2016
Pls I need to understand why I was denied a B1/B2.
Work in multinational with very good salary
Interview goes thus-

Consular: Hello y are u going to the US
Me: For tourism basically
Consular: Where are you going?
Me: Atlanta
Consular: Why Atlanta
Me: I heard there are a lot tourist attractions there like CNN, Coca cola.
Consular: What do You do for a living?
Me: Told him where I work
Consular: What do u do exactly?
Me: Gave him a brief description of my work
Consular: What's your salary monthly
Me : Its 302,.....i don't have the other figure in my head its 302k with some hundreds
Consular: You travelled to turkey,y?
Me: Went to visit my dad there
Consular:what does he do in turkey
Me: He's an engineer but he has moved back to the country
Consular: Why is he back in the country?
Me: ( at this point o was why he was asking about this,so I didn't answer outrightly) he's sick right now n in the country
Consular: Oh sorry about that what does he have
Me: Stroke but he's recovering now. Thank you
Consular: Are u married?
Me: No

Consular: I'm sorry but I don't think u eligible to go to the US now maybe some other time.

He didn't ask for any document.

So pls what went wrong trying to figure that out. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:08am On Mar 03, 2016
Damolaskynov:
Hi Abuja NIV,

I want to pay for my visa application via my GT bank online account but I cannot access the VFS link for the American embassy. Any assistance will be highly appreciated as I will like to start my visa processing on time.

Contact technical support
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:11am On Mar 03, 2016
gautam7766:
Dear I need advice I got us non immigrant visa on oct 2013 I got travelled in 2013 dec for 20days.And then my wife alone went to us in dec14 she delivered baby boy.She took financial support from usa with hozier card.When came return to from Chicago airport there immigration officer ask some question about delivery and saw hozier card.She revoke her visa write on sticker and ask her u and u r husband will not come us..But I have not received any call of revocation of my visa from us embassy. I want to know my visa is live or not can travel to us?Can my wife apply again for us visa with the behalf of our American citizen son?? I need the answer I want know despiretly....

Hello gautam7766,

Sounds like you abused your visas; you became dependent on public assistance because you could not afford your travel. Don't be surprised if you are not allowed to travel to our country ever again.

Medicaid is a program for eligible low-income individuals, and a child’s eligibility is based on the family’s income level. Two points for you to consider:

1. If you think your family is low income, how can you afford to deliver a baby in the U.S.?
2. If you obtain Medicaid benefits for your child, and your child is actually ineligible because your family income is too high, that’s fraudulent and illegal. We would absolutely look at that negatively at a future visa interview.

You and your wife are not entitled any sort of travel benefit from having a child who is an American citizen.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:13am On Mar 03, 2016
GettysBurg:
Dear Visa officer,
I and my wife were issued a b1/b2 visa 2 years ago to attend a conference in the USA. We did, and a year later we travelled again for another business visit. During the visit, my wife who was 6 months pregnant went into premature labour and was rushed to emergency in a hospital where she was delivered.
As a result, the baby was in critical state and kept in intensive care for 3 months with 2 extra months of follow up by the doctors, before they returned, within the validity of the visa.
In the process, the medical bills mounted so high and the hospital turned it over to debt collectors. We arranged a monthly payment with the collectors though and will take 18 months to clear.
In this situation, can we apply for visa by dropbox considering that we still have medical bills uncleared? And in particular, because the baby has appointment with her doctors. Will our indebtedness affect our chances of getting a visa now? Or do we wait to clear the bills? I need your advice as I don't want to spoil my opportunity to visit the USA whenever we need to. Thanks very much.

Hello Gettysburg,

It's good that you're making every effort to pay for your debts. Perhaps you should save your money, and pay off your debts before applying again. It is likely you will need to demonstrate that you have completed paying for your child's birth before you will be issued ever again.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.