Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Unwanted- Safarigirl - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unwanted- Safarigirl (72644 Views)

The Unwanted Pregnancy / My Classic First Love Scenario And The Unwanted End / Getting A Life- Safarigirl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by ethereal(f): 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2014
Tnx fr d update girl..was worth d wait,bt like Oliver,I'm still HUNnGrY fr more!!!..more ink to ur pen as d ideas keep coming!!..cheers
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by retainer(f): 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
pls update ooo
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Maryclaire1(f): 11:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
At last u update.thanks 4 d update itz so lovely can't wait 4 more.
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by bumsiee: 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
Pls next update pls ma cry pls pls pls pls update cry God bless u
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by ethereal(f): 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
Safarigirl!!!...where art thou?why punish ur fans?u refuse to update or send a link to ur blog(if u have one),haba!...make we beg u first?!lwkmd...
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Toeyean1507(f): 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
Walahi! i'm loving dis.Pls,give us date and time for updates.Let d tempo soar higher.............#teamliamdannie
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 7:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
-Adanna-

You know when you're on this impossibly high...high. Like you're so over the moon that you feel nothing can bring you down, the world is at your feet and nothing, absolutely nothing can stop this intoxicating feeling coursing through your body.

Yes, that was the kind of high I was on...until Sunday morning's mass. I was feeling good about myself, never mind that I had high-tailed it after getting my first kiss, my nerves had gotten the best of me and I had done the first thing that came to mind, whenever I reflect on it now, I'm just ecstatic that a man, not just any man, but a very attractive man actually initiated this kiss, but you can imagine how psyched I was, I barely even got any sleep.

So going back to how my record-high was irrepairably smashed, like I was saying, it was a great morning. Started off well, I was dressed to the T, looking better than usual if I may add, but not so much that I was expecting anyone to fawn over me when Elochi is right there, I may be many things, but delusional, I am not.

So I and the family went for the 6am mass, I was fully prepared to be passive about everything and everyone, why? I mean, a really hot guy kissed ME, just yesterday, obviously I'm way past the point where I should care what these stuck-up, self-righteous, archaic, hypocritical men and women think of me....yes, I'm past that point.

So I'm feeling good about myself, the sermon had been interesting, touching on certain points I wish my parents would note, but I'm wise enough to not expect much from that angle. And then it's time for thanksgiving, which is usually done after we've given our offerings in church...this is the point where my almost 24 hours of happiness is ruined irreversibly with the simple announcement:

"Miss Vera Anyanwu would like to thank God for finally granting her University admission to study Pharmacy. Friends and family will be joining her."

Now this may seem like a harmless announcement, but considering that I and Vera had attended the same school, graduated the same year and had both been seeking admission all these years, it was a heavy punch to my gut that she was basically abandoning me in my struggle, and I swallowed audibly realising that I was in some shiiit deeper than a pit-latrine.

I didn't dare look to my left to see the stern look I'm very sure my dad was sporting, so I just focused my gaze on the crucifix high up the wall and made a silent prayer for God's protection, because I would need it.

The drive home was quiet, well, it's not like we were one big rowdy family after every mass, we could barely stand each other. The fact that we were all in one car together was torture enough, there was no need to worsen matters by speaking. But apart from that, there was an underlying tension.

My parents hadn't bothered to wait for the usual 'pleasantries' that followed once mass was over. No, today was not the day because there was a 170% chance that the 'pleasantries' would basically be conversations centred around my herculean task of getting University admission and my ever prideful dad would not be put through such shameful conversations.

Now, what this meant for me was that I would be the recepient of his grudges, yes. It's all my fault that I'm not in the University right now, never mind that Vera had gotten admission into a Private University- she never made her Maths, settling for a D, but that was good enough to get her admission for International Relations. But my father was no fan of private universities, no, such schools were for 'brainless, half-witted lazy people who were better off frying akara by a street-corner than getting educations their weak brains couldn't handle'...yes, I've memorized the words verbatim after years of having it played as a soundtrack to my woes.

The car came to a slow halt and I closed my eyes and said a silent prayer. With no words spoken, we each exited the car, my father closing his door with a loud bang that shook me to my core. Be strong, you've been through this before I kept chanting to myself as I walked slowly towards our house like that would ease the thumping in my chest or lessen the pain that was minutes away from hitting me- literally.

I barely caught the pitiable look Elo was sending my way, but when I did, she refused to look away. I didn't need her pity, I would be fine, I had been taking the beating in her absence from the same hand and I was still very much alive- physically at least. I looked away from her and my eyes shifted to Liam's house. I wondered if he could see me, see us, our 'family' returning from church, what did we look like? One happy family or separate souls forcefully joined together in some big joke that poor lowly me was the magnificent butt of.

I wish I was with him, I wish I didn't have to be a part of this family, I wish I could just pack a few things one day, bid my tormentors farewell and tell them I would be moving next door. I cracked a smile at that thought. Funny how one can find some joke in their journey to a certain execution.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't notice that I had stopped moving, I was just standing, staring at Liam's house with a silly smile on my face, by the time I caught myself, I looked forward to find that Elo was not in front of me anymore. She had entered the house, instead, further ahead, was my twisted elder brother aka the evil clone/mini-me of the tyrant I call 'father' standing at the threshold of our door and shooting daggers at me.

His eyes went to Liam's house, returned to me and then back to Liam's house. I instantly knew he suspected something, in fact if I knew him, he had already drawn up conclusions and I was finished, but did I care? I think I had finally reached that point Tina Turner did when she made up her mind to leave Ike, that point where I really didn't care anymore, there was nothing left of me that they could take, I was drained.

So rather than cower and drop my gaze, I faced him head on and gave him my best 'do your worst' expression. A slight nod before he slammed the door shut was the only thing that told me what I already knew- IT'S ON!

8 Likes

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Toeyean1507(f): 8:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
ACTION FILM! ghen ghen.................thanks fr d update.it has belle-full me sef.........*going to keep my semo and egusi.Abeg ma'am,can we get specific days and time for updates? I mean one dat'll convenient fr u and us.Tks in anticipation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Maryclaire1(f): 11:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
Some parent shaaa......tanku oooo safarigirl
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by bumsiee: 8:08am On Nov 08, 2014
Aunty safari tanks 4 d update grin. Hope more will come soon. Dis story is just so addictive
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by retainer(f): 11:06am On Nov 10, 2014
tnx 4 d update
more energy to your hand
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 11:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
-Liam-

This is torture.

3 days past and I was yet to communicate with Dani. I would never have imagined it would affect me so much. Being laid back had become second nature since the death of my family, I just wasn't interested in giving a shiit anymore for a while. It worked out well enough and I was convinced it was permanent... well, not until now. I was nervous, anxious, scared. The last time this many emotions had zipped through me at one time was when....no need pulling up bad memories.

A part of me wondered if she was just avoiding me because I had kissed her. Damn it I should've apologised! I shouldn't have just stood there like a freaking Greek statue and watched her run off, now she was scared of me. Another side of me wondered if the worst had happened...if her parents had found out she skipped lessons to see me, it was that part that prompted me to look out my window after midnight for the past two days just in case a body was being snuck out of the Ilo residence. I fully understand that may sound extreme even for sadistic parents, but having Crime and Investigation as one's favorite channel can really give you a wild imagination I'll tell you that.

So, in order to pass time and distract myself from worrying, I resorted to doing mundane things like checking up the current state of my bank account to assure myself that I still had enough money to live like an irresponsible college kid for at least another 6 months without repercussions. Turns out I did. Times like this, I'm grateful to my selfish, douchebag of a father for having the sense to set me up for life even in his mindless state of money-grabbing. Even if he failed as a father on all other counts, he did a fine job on this one.

I exited the page having grown tired of counting the amount of zeros left in the account and day-dreaming on how I would lessen them to take Adanna to some nice get-away where her family members would never find out. I needed a drink, if nothing else could clear my head, alcohol was one friend I could always depend on.

I opened my very manly fridge- yes, manly becaude 70% of it's content was alcoholic in nature, I grabbed the first beer in sight, opened the can and downed a quarter of it's content ignoring the slightly bitter taste.

I walked to my sitting room, glancing at the wall clock, the time was barely 11pm. Too early to drink, but what the hell? I was neither leaving my house nor expecting a visitor. There was never an appropriate time to indulge one's self.

The thought barely crossed my mind when I heard a hard knock on my door. I briefly wondered if these people never saw the doorbell or if they just ignored it intentionally, the knock repeated it's self and I dropped my beer and made my way to the door. A teeny-weeny part of me held hope that Dani was at my door, but a larger, more realistic side snickered at that thought, it wasn't likely that she would venture six feet close to my door at this time, I was aware her siblings were home, no such luck.

I unlocked the door and opened it to find...well whadya know. Who would've thunk it? My eyes perused the lanky boy at my door with a mean expression. I never thought I'd get the pleasure of seeing him this clode, he was supposed to only be seen from a far distance and referred to as 'Dani's brother', whatever could have brought him to my door this morning.

"Good Morning" he began! His eyes equally studying me, they held a slight hint of surprise and I thought he must have expected someone darker perhaps

"Good Morning, how may I help you?"

"Is this your house?"

I quirked a brow, really? What did he think? That I was breaking and entering?, "Yes, can I help you?"

His eyes roamed over my physique again as I took up a defensive stabce, my arms crossed against my chest. He stared at me, silently appraising me as I waited for whatever he had to say.

He smiled, it was a sinister one that made my stomach turn, in that one smile I saw the similarity between father and son. I tensed up realising Dani was right when she said nobody loved her.

"Don't tell me you're the one sleeping with my sister."

Okay, I didn't see that one coming. So I was dumbfounded for about half a minute, the approximate amount of time it took my brain to register the bullshit my ears had just heard, "Excuse me?"

"Aren't you a little too old for her? Can't you find women your age to service you? Or is she just convenient because she has half a brain?"

Christ! The amount of fuckery escaping this boy's lips on a per-ssecond basis was alarming. Was he under the influence? Who spoke of their own blood in this manner?, "You sound like you have half a brain." I retorted. Freaking unbelievable! I could barely keep my temper in check hearing him say such degrading words about Dani. MY Dani.

"No, it's you who goes around molesting girls old enough to be your nieces that has half a brain. I mean, I know my sister isn't good for much, but she can do better than being some albino's little slu....." He didn't see the hard punch coming, and honestly neither did I.

But I couldn't let that word leave his mouth, I couldn't stop myself. It was too much, how does one speak such vile words against his own sister? What sort of skewed upbringing did he have? Honestly, I didn't even care, I was going to beat some brains into him if I have to.

My nose flared with rage and dark eyes never left his form which was now rising off the ground. I didn't even know I could punch someone so hard I'd send him to the ground, I guess we learn something new about ourselves each day.

He spat out a blood clot and turned to look at me, the look of rage in his eyes was unmistakable...but within that was also fear. Oh, so he could run his mouth, but he couldn't use his fists. Typical.

He stood up, staggering a little, once he caught his balance, he wiped off the blood on his lips, there was no mistaking that there would be a swelling at the right side of his fave before the end of the day and I gave myself a mental commendation. That would teach him.

"My father will hear of this." With that, he turned around and stormedd to his house.

A part of me wanted to shout a PHUCK YOU at him, but there was no need, besides once the euphoria had died down I now realised how dumb punching the numbskull had been even though it was gratifying. I shoved my hand in my hair as realisation dawned on me and frustration set in- I had just sent Dani to hell

2 Likes

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Toeyean1507(f): 7:50am On Nov 11, 2014
A well packaged delivery............I love d part of d punch,so well deserved too. Ma'am,could u pls give us time of updates? Even if it has to be series,I mean, weekly basis. It'll really do so well cos I c a great story is about to unfold. Do have a blessed day.
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by retainer(f): 8:12am On Nov 11, 2014
nyc update
lami shud av controlled himself around d little nuisance
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Plaitex(f): 8:44am On Nov 11, 2014
glad you finally brought this thrad back. More ink to ur pen
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Fatalveli(m): 12:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
#thumbs up ma'am* I guess d line has just been drawn...

1 Like

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by ethereal(f): 12:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
Loll @ "fuckery"..ur choice of words and language is amazing.simple yet classy.ur style is rare and i commend ur efforts.I'd almost given up hope on my Liam and Dami.I also loved d comical twists.I almost choked on my zobo just imagining d ILos carrying Dami in a body bag!!!..good write up.
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
Some Catholic parents shaaaaaaaa!!.... Na this kind thing dey make pikin kill a whole family without remorse

"Christ! The amount of fuckery escaping this boy's lips on a per-ssecond basis was alarming. "

This part got me rolling with laughter... if I were Liam I would have dragged the goat inside and given him a good beating.
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by ethereal(f): 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
JeffreyJamez:
Some Catholic parents shaaaaaaaa!!.... Na this kind thing dey make pikin kill a whole family without remorse

"Christ! The amount of fuckery escaping this boy's lips on a per-ssecond basis was alarming. "

This part got me rolling with laughter... if I were Liam I would have dragged the goat inside and given him a good beating.
and earn the wrath of d Ilos'??..Dami'l bear the brunt of it all and I only hope she'l come out of it stronger and more resilient.
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2014
ethereal:
and earn the wrath of d Ilos'??..Dami'l bear the brunt of it all and I only hope she'l come out of it stronger and more resilient.

i jjust pity her sha....one of the reasons i dont envy rich ibo catholic kids...you never know shii they put up with,with their self righteous parents.
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by bumsiee: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
Well done ma'am. Ur really d bestest of d best. Keep d update coming. Am following
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Cheriepet: 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
[quote
author=JeffreyJamez post=27916675]

i jjust pity her sha....one of the reasons i dont envy rich ibo catholic
kids...you never know shii they put up with,with their self righteous
parents.[/quote]

I take offence on dissad whatever u mean JJ?
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:20pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cheriepet:

I take offence on dissad whatever u mean JJ?

some of them are too rigid for my liking....no offence CP....
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Cheriepet: 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

some of them are too rigid for my liking....no offence CP....

Thank God u said some.... none taken

1 Like

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by uzolexis(f): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

i jjust pity her sha....one of the reasons i dont envy rich ibo catholic kids...you never know shii they put up with,with their self righteous parents.

I take offence on this too. This attitude is not specific to "igbo catholic parents " it's specific to bad parents irrespective of tribe or religion. You can’t use this story or Chimamanda's purple hibiscus to make conclusions on all "igbo catholic families", it's just wrong.

1 Like

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
uzolexis:

I take offence on this too. This attitude is not specific to "igbo catholic parents " it's specific to bad parents irrespective of tribe or religion. You can’t use this story or Chimamanda's purple hibiscus to make conclusions on all "igbo catholic families", it's just wrong.

but its common with them na...im not saying all of them are like that o...no offence was meant to be given.

1 Like

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by christabeli: 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
uzolexis:

Exactly my dear. But you know people tend to say things based on what they feel they know or their relationship with few people. And that often takes away their ability to be objective
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by uzolexis(f): 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

but its common with them na...im not saying all of them are like that o...no offence was meant to be given.

You are wrong again,it's not common with them. How many do you know personally
This could happen to anybody.... not offended but it's not right to generalise like this.

christabeli:
Exactly my dear. But you know people tend to say things based on what they feel they know or their relationship with few people. And that often takes away their ability to be objective

My point exactly,they just see 1 or 2 instances and conclude.

1 Like

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
uzolexis:

You are wrong again,it's not common with them. How many do you know personally
This could happen to anybody.... not offended but it's not right to generalise like this.

My point exactly,they just see 1 or 2 instances and conclude.

i am not one to easily conclude ,i have seen and read about more than 5 cases of the same thing
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by uzolexis(f): 12:15am On Nov 12, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

i am not one to easily conclude ,i have seen and read about more than 5 cases of the same thing
Ok o, just dat i've personally not seen cases like dis except in books n i'm igbo n catholic and have a lot of friends that are too, so naturally if it's common I should know a lot of pple in this situation but I don't.
Thanks for being a good sport by d way, not everyone can handle arguments without trading insults on NL smiley
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:19am On Nov 12, 2014
uzolexis:

Ok o, just dat i've personally not seen cases like dis except in books n i'm igbo n catholic and have a lot of friends that are too, so naturally if it's common I should know a lot of pple in this situation but I don't.
Thanks for being a good sport by d way, not everyone can handle arguments without trading insults on NL smiley

lol not everyone has a "highly developed sense of humor" wink

3 Likes

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by ethereal(f): 4:18am On Nov 12, 2014
Its hardly got anything to do wt tribe,just a case of poor parenting.A parent who resorts to physical,verbal and psychological abuse in my opinion is weak and unworthy of birthing a child.Verbal missiles are worse off as they often strip the child of confidence and pride leaving them to go thru life as insecure adults

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Adventure Of Corper John / Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) / Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.