Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Unwanted- Safarigirl - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unwanted- Safarigirl (72654 Views)

The Unwanted Pregnancy / My Classic First Love Scenario And The Unwanted End / Getting A Life- Safarigirl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by shalommeri(f): 8:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
oya bring it on...NXT CHAPTER
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by halix239(f): 8:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
yayyyyyy, luving every piece of it
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by dtina(f): 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
Awwww!,pls finish it up,I beg u#nd ur blog pls make sure I knw#ur stories re on point#
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Lailerh(f): 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2014
This is really interesting grin
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 12, 2014
Thank you safarigirl
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by missviva(f): 6:57am On Dec 12, 2014
Mehn! Wat kind of family is dat? I have a feeling she was adopted or something of dat nature. Nice hearing 4rm ‎​you again on dis thread...tnx
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by shalommeri(f): 7:16am On Dec 12, 2014
stil waitin..lov readin novels by cox nigerians no knw hw to write well except for d famous ones we knw,i go 4 american novels lyk james hardley chase,harlequin e.t.c bt dis here is a hell of a novel,kip it up
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by mariemummy(f): 8:42am On Dec 12, 2014
You have got great brains gal. More ink to your biro. Still with you.
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:33am On Dec 12, 2014
shalommeri:
stil waitin..lov readin novels by cox nigerians no knw hw to write well except for d famous ones we knw,i go 4 american novels lyk james hardley chase,harlequin e.t.c bt dis here is a hell of a novel,kip it up

Enter literature section,you go trowey your foreign novels, I know I did lol
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Franchris(f): 11:17am On Dec 12, 2014
I just love this online novel, it is such a WOW like seriously Safarigirl you are too much, much much i mean great. As in the vocab ehn, i gbadun it like craze, the way you use those American english for Liam are just too impressive.....'TELL MA I LOVE HER....GET YOUR FUCKING ASS HERE AND TELL HER YOURSELF' lol. I really really do enjoy it, more greese to your elbow our able and honourary writer. Following you like twitter ma'am don't just keep us waiting much cos imma just freeze like when adanna get to face Sir. Phillip ilo's wrath. Lol. Thumbs up miss.

2 Likes

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Donmarshal11: 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
retainer:
nyc update
lami shud av controlled himself around d little nuisance
NO!!! He did d right thing since it was just a punch.
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by oghenekome51(f): 2:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
Babe now ure talking, jus keep em coming!
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by heemah(f): 3:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
Good to read from u dear...hoping to read more soon
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by 9jawhite: 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
Safari safari
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by maniie: 6:47pm On Dec 12, 2014
More update plssssssssssssssss am enjoying dis story like kilode kudos girl u r d bomb
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Phizzlephizz(m): 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2014
Safarigirl we shud hook up bae but first u're fucking fucking gud and if u no update soonest I no go beg u oo na u and okija shrine go get kwanta cuz that's where I go wen somone is playing wit me like u're doing
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by purplepatchy(f): 12:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
I'm sitting here waiting for the next update+frowns
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by purplepatchy(f): 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
Hook up?
Phizzlephizz:
Safarigirl we shud hook up bae but first u're fucking fucking gud and if u no update soonest I no go beg u oo na u and okija shrine go get kwanta cuz that's where I go wen somone is playing wit me like u're doing
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by chukwusi(m): 12:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
update na
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Phizzlephizz(m): 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
purplepatchy:
Hook up?
Yh we shud u want to replace her ni...thanks anyways u wudnt be the one to complete d stories if I let u
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 1:40am On Dec 15, 2014
-Adanna-

I knew Liam had something on his mind. He hadn't spoken as much as I was used to him speaking so something was definitely up and it made me nervous.

I kept having flashbacks of my dream, my eyes continually darted to the entrancce of my room to see if my father or any member of my family was coming. At this point I really wouldn't mind Elo's presence, I mean, when I said they wished I would die and stop the shame I brought them, I never thought there was any truth in my words, but as the days progressed and nobody came, I was starting to get that feeling that I may have been right.

I didn't want to be right.

I just wished I was wrong, that someone in my family cared for me enough to defy my father and make a spirited effort to see me. I didn't want Liam to leave my side, he was the source of my strength, my safety, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing another familiar face at this point.

"Do you have a passport?" Liam's question filtered into my eardrums, pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him, his expression was serious, whatever could have prompted that question.

"Hmm?" I asked to clarify if I heard him correctly.

"Do you have a passport? Like an International passport that you can travel with." He explained.

Travel? Passport? What was going on?, "I..yes, I got one last year, why?" I asked apprehensively. My heart was in my throat as I waited to hear where he was going with this.

He sat up swiftly and looked me dead in the eye, "I want you to come with me to the US."

I stared at him in disbelief for more than a few minutes, I said nothing to his suggestion, I just sat there and stared, waiting for him to laugh and say he was playing around. He didn't.

Surely he couldn't be serious. Did he understand the enormity of what he just suggested? That I pack what little I had and go with him to his country? That I leave behind my family and friends for an uncertain future with him? What if we got there and he changed his mind about me? Where would I go from there? Who would I run to? I knew no one over there.

"I can't." I replied softly, my eyes pleading with him to understand why. I could already see the disappointment cloud his face, I didn't want to have to explain any further.

"Why?" He asked, his voice barely a whisper, I could almost make out the hurt that accompanied the question.

Why? Because I was scared of the unknown, I know I didn't have much of a life here with my family, but at least I had something. It wasn't ideal, agreed, it wasn't conventional, agreed, but it was there. I could relate to it, adjust to it, besides, once I secured University admission this year- hopefully, the beatings would reduce, if not seize completely. My father would be pleased with me. It really wasn't so bad with further thought, America could be much worse.

"I...it's risky. I don't want to leave here and then I won't have anybody over there." I replied sincerely. Better to get it out in the open now, I trusted Liam, but if my own family could abandon me, then what guarantees did I have that he wouldn't eventually tire of me and offload me like they did? None, none at all.

"Don't you trust me?"

I wanted to say something to him, I wanted to assure him that I did trust him, more than I had ever trusted another human being in fact, instead, I lowered my head to avoid his gaze.

He didn't say anything, I waited for him to speak, but nothing came. I had to look at him to determine if he was still there, he was. The look on his face though caused a pang in my chest; hurt, rejection. And it was my fault, I was quite familiar with that look, it had been a look I carried proudly only within the four walls of my bedroom. I never thought I'd be the one to provoke such emotions in another person though, but here I was....

I reached for his hand and took it in mine, swallowing a lump in my throat when those stormy greys fell on me, I felt this strong need to explain myself, to clarify something...to assuage and feelings of hurt he may be experiencing. I just wanted to wipe that expression off his face.

"Liam, it's not that I...you have to understand me, please. I...I don't know anybody there." I explained, perhaps not as clearly as I had envisioned, but I hoped my point had been passed across.

"You know me."

I shook my head, "You're not enough, what if you.." I wet my lips as I thought of a better way to put my next words, and believe me I did think of this very hard before I spoke, "what if you get tired of me? What if I become a burden to you and you don't want me around anymore? Where will I go?" I asked, now looking up to meet his eyes.

"You mean like your family got tired of you?" He asked rather icily.

My breath caught in my throat and I fought back the tears that threatened to surface at the mention of that fact. Yes, that was exactly what I meant...but he didn't have to come out and say it outrightly. He didn't have to say it to my face like I was okay with being abandoned...forgotten...unwanted. I looked away from him and angrily wiped at the sole tear that ran down my cheek.

"They di..they didn't get tired of me. They'll just need some time to forgive me and then they'll come get me." I replied in a shaky voicen my emotions getting the best of me at this point. It could only be because of the medications I was on currently, I never broke down so easily. Yes, the medications were messing with my system and emotions.

I heard what sounded like a snicker come from my right, but I refused to accept that it had come from Liam, he was sympathetic towards my plight, he wouldn't make fun of me.

"You've gotta be shi..tting me." I heard him mutter under his breath as he pulled his hand away from my grasp. I looked up at him, he seemed...angry.

"Are you listening to yourself? Did you just hear the crap you said Dani? That they'll 'forgive you'...for what?" He spat, his eyes zoned in on me, burning with an anger I'd rather not have directed at me right now, but being the only other person in the room, I didn't have much of a choice.

I shrugged, "I...my father, he just wants me to go to the University, once I gain admission, all will be forgiven. He's just angry now and..."

"Bullshit!" I heard Liam snap with an intensity that made me jump.

My heart rate doubled as I watched his pacing form and inwardly admitted to myself that what I was saying was indeed bullshit..but it had to be said, I had to convince myself that the people I called family, my blood relations, hadn't really abandoned me and left me to a man that had been a stranger just a couple of months ago.

"Do you know how many time I've gone home Dani? Do you know how many times I've passed by your house since I brought you here?" He asked, I said nothing, but he went on anyway, "6 times, 6 phuckin' times, and do you know how many times a family member of yours has asked me about you?"

Never.

"Never!"

Another tear escaped my eyes as I busied myself playing with a loose thread on the wrapper one of the nurses had provided for me. I wished only to keep my pathetic tears to myself.

"And you sit there and give me that bullshit talk about being forgiven once you get admitted in a University. They don't even care if you're dead or alive and you think getting some useless admission in some school is going to change all of that?" His words ate through me, ate through my guard, my delusional state, it ate through all of the lies I filled my head with to avoid the glaring truth and left me in my true state- my helpless, weakened, rejected state, what I truly had been all of these years, an empty, hollow shell.

I didn't notice him walk up to me until he grabbed my chin and made me look at him, his face was so close to mine, his eyes burning a hole through my skin, I had never seen him this pissed and it stirred something in me- apart from fear.

"I have been here every single day, I brought you here, I paid your bills, I made you smile, I have comforted you when you were sad because I GIVE A SH..IT! I care..."

"But they're my family..."

4 Likes

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by teesmarth(m): 5:25am On Dec 15, 2014
Choi nawa Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo. This suspense no con too much like this. Dis one pass season film o.
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by teesmarth(m): 5:32am On Dec 15, 2014
Safari, our love story is next...... cool
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by mariemummy(f): 6:12am On Dec 15, 2014
All i can say is WOW
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 15, 2014
Na wa for this your suspense o. Biko,come and update.
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 7:48am On Dec 15, 2014
sorry guys, it wasn't supposed to end there. Will have to find a phone to send it with.....maybe by the end of today. apologies again
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 8:18am On Dec 15, 2014
"It takes more than sharing the same blood with someone to make the person family!" He shouted.

That outburst muted me and made me lower my gaze. Wasn't that what I had often told myself? Wasn't that the focal point of my therapy sessions? That the people I shared a home with weren't really my family? That the only thing that linked us was our blood? So where was this invigorated protest coming from? Why was I suddenly trying to convince myself that the farce I called family were anything but?

His grip on my chin softened, I felt his fingers carress my cheeks lovingly, I wanted to look at him, but I couldn't bring myself to do that, "Adanna, look at me." He spoke softly, I was glad to miss the edge in his voice.

I raised my eyes to look into his, he wasn't angry anymore, I held in my sigh of relief. He leaned down until his forehead was against mine, "I can't leave here without you, I need you." His voice was so low, but his words went deep, I held my breath, my heart beating so fast I swore it would pop out of my chest in anticipation, his thumb brushed my lower lip just faintly, but it was enough to send a pleasant shiver down my spine as I closed my eyes to savour the feel, "I love you" he whispered, his lips suddenly fused onto mine. My heart slammed in my chest as I felt his tongue trace the contours of my lips, unlike the first time though, I wasn't in shock for too long, this time, I was fully aware of what he wanted- I welcomed him.

I moved my lips against his, learning the form og his lips as well, my insides were jittery, my hands somewhat shaky as I placed them on his chest, his hands suddenly grabbed them and wrapped them around his neck, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer, the feel of his hard chest caused a soft moan to escape from my lips, his tongue suddenly shot past the barrier that was my teeth to explore my mouth.

I had never felt anything like it, this electric charge that passed through my entire being as his tongue swept inside my mouth. I tightened my hold around his neck, basking in the strangely pleasant feeling that enveloped my body until with one last sweep, he ended the kiss, leaving me dazed and breathless.

He gave me a small smile and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, "I love you, but you have to love yourself like I love you if you really want to live." He said softly.

I didn't reply him, even as he withdrew himself from my hold. My body protested at the loss of warmth, but rather than reach out to him, I grabbed the wrapper on my legs.

He walked to the door and came to a stop at the treshold, "You'll be discharged in 2 days." He turned around to look at me, "Hopefully you must have made your decision by then."

I watched him cross the treshold and walk away without another word, leaving me in the company of my thoughts. My brain processed today's events, at certain points, I rebuked myself for obvious lack of foresight and even hindsight, and then at other points, I felt justified. But in the midst of all the war going on in my head, only one thing stuck out.

He said he loved me.

Nobody had ever told me that. Not my father nor my mother, not even my siblings. The closest thing I ever got to that statement was a "if you weren't my daughter..." Those words were alien to my ears, that one word especially, "love"...what did he mean? Did he love me like one would a relative? Or was it more like a carnal emotion? Did it matter? Isn't this what I had always wanted? To be noticed? To be shown some affection? Why was I suddenly apprehensive to receiving love? Why did it evoke a feeling of fear within me?

My tumultous mind couldn't settle on the fact that for the first time in my 19 years of living, someone else cared deeply about me, someone actually gave a sh.I.t.

5 Likes

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by labakeJ(f): 9:53am On Dec 15, 2014
Wow nice one safari, its really really lovely, I can't wait for more o. And pls be careful with it a bit cos u kinda turned me on embarassed
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by maniie: 11:32am On Dec 15, 2014
Let d story go on i looove it more more more update plssssssssssssssssss go job kip it up
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by maniie: 11:37am On Dec 15, 2014
labakeJ:
Wow nice one safari, its really really lovely, I can't wait for more o. And pls be careful with it a bit cos u kinda turned me on embarassed
Sorry for dat labake bt am really enjoying d story dat way pele so mo oko eeee
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Donmarshal11: 11:38am On Dec 15, 2014
I pray she makes the right decision...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Adventure Of Corper John / Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) / Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.