Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Unwanted- Safarigirl - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unwanted- Safarigirl (72659 Views)

The Unwanted Pregnancy / My Classic First Love Scenario And The Unwanted End / Getting A Life- Safarigirl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2014
safarigirl:
thanks dearie smiley. I'll update this evening. Na light I dey wait make I charge phone. I'm interested in your story o wink

them never bring light? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 12:13am On Nov 16, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

them never bring light? embarassed
lol...dem don bring light o. I don update grin

1 Like

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 12:14am On Nov 16, 2014
-Liam-

"Sir. Sir"

My eyes slowly opened once the soft voice reached my ears. My sight was a bit blurry, but once the sleepy haze was cleared, it focused on a pudgy female in a nurse's uniform who looked to be in her 50's. Her face lit up in a smile once she got my attention. She had a nice smile.

I sat up, my back cracking in the process, I winced at the sharp pain, the small chair I was sitting on was far from ideal for my body mass, but I was too worried to even care....until now. I would definitely need a pain killer.

"Mr. Fraiser, how are you?" She asked in a kind voice.

I nodded, "I'm fine." My eyes drifted to Dani's sleeping form. There was a drip attached to her wrist, she was sedated. It would help the pain they said. Pain. Pain inflicted by supposed family. Well, at least I served them a large helping of their own dish, my bruised knuckles were testament to that.

I had half-expected her father to call the authorities on me after I knocked out his precious little minion and given him a left-hook to rival it all, apparently though, appearances mattered more to him than his family.

I buried my face in my hands as I let out a deep sigh. I was so tense. Last night had gotten to me more than I ever thought it could. My mind replayed the events. I was about settling down for a night of movies when I heard the ruckus, at first I thought my imagination was playing tricks on me, Adanna couldn't be screaming my name this late in the night. Then I heard it again, this time I recognised it for what it was- a desperate cry for help.

I opened my door just in time to see her being dragged to the ground by the numbskull I though I had punched a little sense into, when he kicked her, all I saw was red. With lightening speed, I rushed over to them and this time, I made sure I hit him hard enough to reset the gas in his head he referred to as a brain. And then the shameless abuser she called father had charged up to me ranting like a raved man. It didn't take much to put him in his place as well- face down on the pavement

Without a second thought, I lifted Dani off the ground with as much care as I possibly could in my state of worry. She was unconscious. I put her in my car and drove off just barely catching the confused forms of her mother and sister. I was in no mood to care about either of them, I just wanted to get Dani to the nearest hospital in record time.

The fear that gripped my heart thinking she could have sustained a permanent damage or worse still, she could be dead before I got her help was one that I hadn't felt since Andrew. I had unwittingly grown so attached to this girl that she had taken top priority on my list. I cared for her, hell I think I'd fallen in love with her at some point.

I was in love with her.

"Mr. Fraiser, you've been here for over 24 hours sir." The nurse said.

I raised bloodshot eyes to her, her face was filled with worry. I must look like some crazed person, I hadn't left the hospital since I brought her in last night. The nurse had been here in the morning and told me I could leave and come back, I refused then. She returned in the afternoon and I told her I was fine.

I hadn't had a morsel of food in over 24 hours and the only water I drank was the one brought to me by one of the nurses sometime this evening, but my system was yet to feel the repercussions of those actions. In such situations, food and water were the last things on one's mind.

"You need to eat and clean up, or else you'll end up right next to her on a hospital bed."

I shook my head in protest, "No, thank you. I'm fine." I replied hoarsely. I guess I was yet to regain my voice which I lost when I ran into this hospital screaming for help like a lunatic.

"No, you're not fine. Miss Ilo is already stable, she won't wake up until a couple of hours. Why don't you rush back home, clean up, eat something and maybe get her something as well then you can come back tomorrow morning. She'll be awake by then, you can even bring her something"

I heard the words, at least the first sentebes, I blocked her out when the words 'rush bavk home' were uttered. I couldn't leave Dani here. For all I knew her father had found out we were here and had paid off these people to coerce me into leaving just so they can sneak her out of here . As far-fetched as it may sound, I wasn't keen on taking chances with that, besides, I wasn't that hungry....once I ignored the rumbling in my stomach of course.

"M'am, I'm okay, really I am." I replied giving her a less-than-convincing smile.

She stared at me for a while, as if trying to determine if she stood a chance at convincing me to leave Dani's side or if I was a lost cause. The sigh that left her lips produced a smile on mine- she had made the best decision.

"Do you at least want us to get you something to eat?"

I was somewhat touched that she cared so much. A part of me wondered if she was this way with all those who brought in patients or if this behavior was reserved for foreigners as Nigerians would have one think, but I leaned towards her being this way naturally. Made sense why she was the matron.

It was mostly because of her intervention that the hospital had by-passed normal procedure and admitted Dani even though I wasn't family neither was I able to provide one. I had explained the situation to the nurses and one of them had gone to get her. She wasted no time in assigning duties and rushing her into a ward. She had implored the doctor to treat Dani and ask questions later. I think in some way, she understood what had actually happened even as I refused to give detailed explanations on how I ended up with an unconscious girl with multiple broken bones.

My rumbling stomach was enough to have me nodding in the affirmative at her question, "Yes, I...I'll just go get my ATM card, maybe there's some place around here that has a P.O.S Terminal."

She smiled at me, she had a pretty smile, even the crowsfeet at the corners of her eyes seemed to make her look even better, "Don't worry dear, I'll pay for this one."

I shook my head in the negative, she had done far too much for me, I couldn't let her use her money on me as well, how much did she even earn?, "No, I can't. You've done too much for me already." I voiced out.

She moved closer to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, "I doubt I've done as much for you as you've done for that girl on the bed." She squeezed my shoulder re-assuringly, "Please, let me get you something to eat, okay?"

"She...she's done a lot for me as well." I said softly, I let my gaze drop, "She doesn't even know half of it. It's my fault she's on that bed, if I hadn't...." My voice croaked, I shook the memory away and fought back my tears. If I hadn't hit her brother, he would never have gone to their father and Dani wouldn't be in this hospital. Why did I always act in the heat of the moment? It was this same lack of thoughtfulness on my part that had led to me being a childless widow and now I was making the same mistake with Dani.

"There's no need to think of what could have been, focus on what is. Now, tell me what you want for dinner." She said with a warm smile.

I returned her smile hesitantly. It was nice to find someone who understood.

5 Likes

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 16, 2014
Eyah!! Dani.... Imagine d pain u are going through?? Dis ur parents sef na wa 4 dem ooo...haaha, well I lyk d way d guy beat both father nd son, infact it served dem rite... Nd Safari,thanks 4 d update, more grease 2 ur elbow...but abeg no let dem beat Dani again ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:20am On Nov 16, 2014
adeh39:
Eyah!! Dani.... Imagine d pain u are going through?? Dis ur parents sef na wa 4 dem ooo...haaha, well I lyk d way d guy beat both father nd son, infact it served dem rite... Nd Safari,thanks 4 d update, more grease 2 ur elbow...but abeg no let dem beat Dani again ooo.

He no beat them Well abeg!!!
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:21am On Nov 16, 2014
safarigirl:
lol...dem don bring light o. I don update grin

O se jare!!

1 Like

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Jaymima(f): 9:47am On Nov 16, 2014
Safarigirl...Thanx for the update. Plz n plz, don't keep us waiting for too long. You can draw up an update schedule so that your readers can know when to expect update(s). Cheers!
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by ethereal(f): 10:14am On Nov 16, 2014
; ;"Broken bones!!!Amadioha's wrath on d ILos!!..btw,Liam gat some good wrestling moves though.loll.knocking father and son out cold.my heart goes out Liam and Dani.they both need each other now and wld need strenght to face d battle ahead..good work safarigirl.u already made my weekend.
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by bumsiee: 1:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
Tanks ma'am. Broken bones Dis father n son sha. I knw in d end dani will become some 1 great n her broder a disgrace 2 d family. But is dani really deir child?
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Lulumide: 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
I realy love nice stories as this. I hope i'm not over stepping my boundaries if i say I LOVE YOU, SAFARIGIRL.
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by MzOG(f): 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
Plz update more... M begging
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by lanicky(f): 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
Wow! I don't even know what to say..
Kudos safarigirl...more grease to ur elbow smiley
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by ethereal(f): 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
God's blessings on u and urs...waitn restlessly,no..scratch dat.Patiently waitn fr ur update .cheerio
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
Safarigirl how far naaa
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by oghenekome51(f): 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
Babe seriously, ur head dey der! Am in love wit dis story and while i was reading dis story i was jus shedding tears! But wot kind of family is dat? Pls com n update! *waiting patiently*
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Ice4jez(m): 10:21am On Nov 21, 2014
She no won finish dis story
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by ethereal(f): 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2014
Ice4jez:
She no won finish dis story
I doubt that.she already promised she would and I've gt no reasons to believe otherwise...so have faith bro
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by jmkbond(f): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2014
Wonderful write up
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 6:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sorry for the wait guys, I'll have it posted by tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by princesa(f): 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
I can relate to the fact that big houses don't guarantee a home as much as a humble hut, it aww depends on people.

Nice story.

1 Like

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
-Adanna-

I couldn't stop my gladness, there was no better feeling than what was passing through me currently. I thought I was happy before- relatively so, but by my standards I'm sure I was. Now though, I was exhilirated.

I hadn't seen my family in weeks, I was happy. I and Liam weren't even staying in our estate anymore, he said it wasn't good and he feared for my life- I feared for both of our lives. I still couldn't believe my father hadn't taken any action against us. I mean for a man who is obsessed with control, it was quite shocking that he was yet to act, hence I was quick to douse my excitement with a dose of reality. My father was just bidding his time before he struck. That thought kept me grounded.

Liam was currently out on some errand. He said he was planning a surprise and trust that I couldn't wait to find out about it. We weren't even dating but you would swear we were newlyweds with the way we acted- newlyweds who stayed in separate rooms and didn't give more than hugs- but we had fun together. He made me happy and I like to think I made him happy as well.

Whenever he spoke to me, he made me feel smart. I know I'm not that smart, but I like that he wasn't trying to intimidate me with our age difference. He treated me and respected me as he would someone within his age bracket...yes, he gave me that respect I wasn't used to getting and treated me like a person. Not a failure or an ambtionless person. He respected my views, he listened to me and understood my plans. He understood.

The sound of the door unlocking brought me out of my thoughts. We were staying in a hotel temporarily. It was far from ideal but he did make sure we occupied separate rooms- it eased up the look of supicion on the faces of the receptionists. It never did stop the process of checking in and out from being awkward.

I ran to the door to welcome him in excitement, a large grin on my face as I saw him walk through the door looking dashing as usual. My grin somewhat eased when I saw the sullen look on his face. Since we left the hospital, he hadn't looked this sad. Fear gripped my heart, what was going on?

"Dani." He addressed me rather too formally.

"We..welcome." I said sogtly trying my hardest to maintain my smile but failing as that feeling of impending doom heightened.

"Thank you." He replied, "Someone is here for you." He told me.

I immediately started walking backwards hearing those words. I shook my head slowly knowing only one person could come for me in this State- and it wasn't Lami, no, Lami knew where I was, she had visited, "No." I said under my breath as my eyes watered.

"Dani..."

"No! I'm not going back!" I shouted. I made a run for it to the door, I'd rather be a destitute on the streets of Lagos than return to my torture chamber.

I swung the door open to see the chief torturer himself- my father. Looking repentant, but I more than anyone else, knew it was all a reuse, if I followed him I would be dead for sure, he'd make no mistakes this time.

"No!" I ran back to Liam and grabbed his shirt, "Please, don't let him take me Liam, please, you promised!" I cried desperately. But he could only look at me helplessly, his gray eyes telling me how sorry he was. I couldn't stomach it, I just couldn't, "Liam.." I cried.

He wiped the tears that had begun to stain my cheek and held my face between his hands, "It will be alright."

"No..no it won't."

"Adanna get your things." My father said.

I ignored him, "Liam, please." I said softly, staring straight into his eyes, he had to help me, he HAD to.

He looked away from me and hung his head wordlessly. I shut my eyes and let my tears fall freely. I knew it was all too good to be true.

I felt my father's grip on my hand, his palm was as cold as his heart, I snatched my hand away and latched on to Liam, wrapping my hands aroung him and burying my face in the crook of his neck, "Don't let him take me, please Liam, don't let him take me." I cried while my father dragged me now, I refused to let go. Chanting those words over and over again.

He finally managed to pry me off Liam, I screamed in protest, calling Liam's name. This time though, he made no attempt to come to my rescue, he just stared on.

"Liam!" I shouted as my eyes flew open and came in contact with a pair of worried grey orbs Liam!

"I'm here, Dani."

I wrapped my arms around his neck in desperation, he was real, he was here, "Please don't let him take me. Please." I begged.

"He rubbed my back soothingly, "I won't. You're safe with me." He muttered assuringly. He continued drawing small circles on my back as my breathing returned to normalcy.

I sighed and inhaled the familiar scent of his cologne, he was here. This was reality, not a horrid imagination. I never wanted him to leave me. Never.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Eneze1(f): 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
Safarigirl this is good. Just can't imagine some parents can be this wicked. chai
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by heemah(f): 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hmmmm..some parents!!!
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by oghenekome51(f): 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
Wow! Liam and dani, i pity dem sha! But d girl papa wicked sha o

BaBe, weldone and thanks for d update! Pls dont stop!
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by seunviju(f): 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
Some parents can be so mean,haba.Thanks for the update
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Essyydiamond(f): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
Wow, good story.
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
See as safarigirl dey use me play... chai!
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by oghenekome51(f): 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
Safarigirl pls com n update naw! Am running out of food, am hungry o, adon de wait since abeg com update!

*still waiting*
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by turasumon(f): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2014
D wait is killing. me
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by oghenekome51(f): 9:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
safarigirl com n update naw, pls!
Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by MissSlimbody(f): 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
Safarigirl and Decan.ta dey fight 4 BBA thread grin grin

1 Like

Re: Unwanted- Safarigirl by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
Wow! You've left me breathless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Adventure Of Corper John / Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) / Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.