Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You (59360 Views)

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / 5 Behaviours That Will Make You Earn The Respect Of Your Neighbours / Neighbours Ignore Lady Who Fainted Because Of Her Alleged Wicked Ways (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by kechywillz(m): 8:05am On Jul 04, 2014
if u live in flat or a family house,u wont experience this,i think is for ppl who live in Public houses.
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by mezebel(f): 8:07am On Jul 04, 2014
TRADELYN: So, how has your day been?
u both should stop dis una orlu market women gossip for NL.
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by dont8(m): 8:10am On Jul 04, 2014
That's the spirit, good neighbourliness is the way to go and I can assure you he'll find a way to reciprocate the kind gesture towards you or any other person at that and this makes the world a happy place to live; God bless your heart.
modestdude: Yea it must not necessary be cash, yesterday it was raining so heavily and i was the only one in the house and one of my neighbours did laundry and spread them on the lines. I took his clothes inside when the rain started drizzling. When he came back @ night with the feeling that his clothes have been drenched outside. To his consternation, i packed his clothes and took them to him. He was happy and wondered what he would have done if they were soaked by the rain coz he wud travel very early the folllowing day. Immediately i had a feeling of goodness and relevance

3 Likes

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by IdomaLikita: 8:13am On Jul 04, 2014
Pastries, Candies or Bread for ur Neighbour's Kids won't you do any harm!

Avoid bringing Monica home on Monday, Rita home on Tuesday, Lolita on Wednesday, Caro on Thursday....etc when you have kids around the compound!

1 Like

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by popson1st: 8:14am On Jul 04, 2014
Don't sleep with your neighbor's wife or daughter
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by astOorR(m): 8:17am On Jul 04, 2014
TRADELYN:

I LoVe this...it's so true!!!

big tym lie: ur property will never give u respect, respect is earned sir.
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by rusher14: 8:20am On Jul 04, 2014
Lolaabokoku: Don't disturb ur Neigbours ώϊ†̥̥ђ Early morning prayers like. 'Holy Ghost Fire'!!! Pursue them, kill them, die, die, die, yamutu, vanish,ku, ku ku,, ohhhh!!!!!! I command u ¶n †ђξ
Name of Jeeeesuuuussss!!!!!!
Brightonians!
smh!!
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Project400: 8:20am On Jul 04, 2014
We all know you have a blu-ray/DVD/Home Theatre. Kindly restrict the noise within the corners of your apartment sad

cheesy
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by modestdude(m): 8:22am On Jul 04, 2014
dont8: That's the spirit, good neighbourliness is the way to go and I can assure you he'll find a way to reciprocate the kind gesture towards you or any other person at that and this makes the world a happy place to live; God bless your heart.
Thanks man, its really good to be good

1 Like

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by zizazizu: 8:24am On Jul 04, 2014
I have one principle when it comes to neighbours: don't date them. No matter how cute, sexy, tempting! There's no need for the extra drama. Imagine if u guys have serious ish or you break up, there'll be no way to avoid each other.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Nicepoker(m): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2014
egopersonified: Live in yr own house and IF u ve tenants, they wouldnt ve any other option than to respect you.
gold digger
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by dont8(m): 8:32am On Jul 04, 2014
You welcome. I always know that little act of gestures goes a long way in making the world a beautiful place.
modestdude: Thanks man, its really good to be good
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:36am On Jul 04, 2014
What about those who normally disturbs the entire building with their blasting speakerz/home theatre? Dah 1 nai dey vex me pax!
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2014
If single, don't bring in like 3 different partners every day grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by MadCow1: 8:40am On Jul 04, 2014
Rotjijatau: The following are the things you must do when living in any compound you are living and your respect will remain high...

(1.) Don't be the borrowing type of neighbour, rather be the person whom your neighbours are borrowing from.
(2.) Prepare your light bill before the month end to avoid your neighbours saying you're the only person who haven't paid your bill.
(3.) Don't bring too many friends to your house.

(4.) Don't talk too much with your neighbours to avoid gossip.
(5.) Don't be the only person who is fund of using the toilet without flushing...... Please add yours!!!

Dafuq?! shocked shocked shocked
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by JOXY(f): 8:45am On Jul 04, 2014
egopersonified: Live in yr own house and IF u ve tenants, they wouldnt ve any other option than to respect you.

If you respect yourself.
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:46am On Jul 04, 2014
dont8: Not necessary you become an ATM, if you've got enough I don't see anything that stops you from rendering an helping hand to your neighbour(s).

Be your brother's Enyeama keeper.

Lmao!

1 Like

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by M4gunners: 8:48am On Jul 04, 2014
Number 3 just happen to me the day Nigeria played Argentina.We were 5 naija watching the Match drinking beer untill Messi goal, then Musa equalize 1:1 We were loud, but the neighbor supose to know myCountry is playiing ftball.The following day i got a call from my Landlord that I,m living with some Friends now.Oboy i no feet talk, i only manage to tell my Landlord to come over and check who is staying with me , which he did not show up till now.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:52am On Jul 04, 2014
1. Don't play loud music day in day out
2. Be considerate with the way you park your car(s) in the compound
3. Don't have a reputation to come home drunk every Friday night
4. Always greet people, even strangers and visitors within the compound
5. Try not to owe your landlord every time. Word tends to get out especially if your landlord resides within the same building and is a loudmouth. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by winiwini: 8:54am On Jul 04, 2014
Dont be selfish! someone is living his/her life for you, why not do for others

GboyegaD: So you need be an ATM for your neighbors to respect you? Now I know why many of us live our lives to please others.
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by redcliff: 8:57am On Jul 04, 2014
Rotjijatau: The following are the things you must do when living in any compound you are living and your respect will remain high...

(1.) Don't be the borrowing type of neighbour, rather be the person whom your neighbours are borrowing from.
(2.) Prepare your light bill before the month end to avoid your neighbours saying you're the only person who haven't paid your bill.

(5.) Don't be the only person who is fund of using the toilet without flushing...... Please add yours!!!

These two would make them over respect you. But this your number 5 eh bros, all you face me I face you pipu wey full niaraland sef.. na wa o...

1 Like

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by abdul4new(m): 9:09am On Jul 04, 2014
Dont use your generator late in the night when your neighbour are sleeping.
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by DobraDobra: 9:15am On Jul 04, 2014
abdul4new: Dont use your generator late in the night when your neighbour are sleeping.

LoL I do dis a lot really nice and I know wat dey say about others that leave it on at nite
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by MadCow1: 9:17am On Jul 04, 2014
There is only one trait that your neighbours need from you; Mind your Business..

Your Business includes;

1. Keep your surrounding clean and neat.

2. Pay your bills on time.

3. Dont be a nuisance to others either by noise or physically getting in their way.

4. Be reasonable and a Leader by example; Dont be the one to create problems and always stand out with sound reasoning whenever called upon.

5. Dont talk about your neighbours or covert their properties (including wife or daughter or husband).

1 Like

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Missmossy(f): 9:22am On Jul 04, 2014
Nice tips, i believe if you live in a compound with others abide by this principle :"do unto others as you want others to do unto you"

It works big time,what you won't like don't do it to others first!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by vislabraye(m): 9:24am On Jul 04, 2014

This one na face me I face you apartment. Btw, op only mentioned donts. What about the dos ?
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 04, 2014
Lolaabokoku: Don't disturb ur Neigbours ώϊ†̥̥ђ Early morning prayers like. 'Holy Ghost Fire'!!! Pursue them, kill them, die, die, die, yamutu, vanish,ku, ku ku,, ohhhh!!!!!! I command u ¶n †ђξ
Name of Jeeeesuuuussss!!!!!!
I'm very sure u most be a herberlist or water goddess( efuru)
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by jobsat34(m): 9:26am On Jul 04, 2014

Respect is Earned not Bought...

mind you, whether you Keep to this or not, that wont stop ur neighbour frm attemptin to gossip or disrespect you..
my simple rule is Mind Your Own Business..

Ever heard of a statement like, "I respect that guy, he always mind his own business no matter what"..
mind you, The boy is Good means he is too extravagant..
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:27am On Jul 04, 2014
rusher14:
Brightonians!
smh!!
meaning

1 Like

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 04, 2014
dont woo your neighbors daughter.
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by MadCow1: 9:31am On Jul 04, 2014
redcliff:

These two would make them over respect you. But this your number 5 eh bros, all you face me I face you pipu wey full niaraland sef.. na wa o...

The Hussle is real bro. cool

I stumbled across my childhood neighbourhood inside Ketu 2 weeks ago and I just popped my earphones on and put Doctor Sid's "SURULERE" on repeat. Area where we get Toilet monitor wey dey share number to users with time limit plus "no water, no entry'. grin I took pictures and sent to my Mum and her first question was; Wetin you find enter there.. grin

#NiggaWeMadeit.. cool

#To all those Niggas on the grind, dont lose focus of where you want to be and keep pushing..

4 Likes

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 04, 2014
Op do you have a picture that fits your house description. I'm still trying to imagine how neighbours use the same loo shocked is there a community toilet down the road or something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men Sleeping With Their House Maids...who's To Blame? / Do You Think You Are Ready For Marriage? See This / Mother & Daughter Sucking Their Fingers: When I Was Young, It Was Wrong. But Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.