Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia (38771 Views)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com / My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Shugajay(m): 10:02am On Jul 04, 2014
Tyche:

Hey shy one
Lolz... Shy 1 ke? I guess u misunderstood d phrase wink
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Shugajay(m): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2014
Atmmachine:

I swear, you fine like mammy water
Hahahahaha... Dat kain fin... I fine like my mama oo grin cool
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by 3sha4lyf: 10:14am On Jul 04, 2014
AMADU77: [size=20pt]every Nairalander[/size] should send email to Jumia asking them to refund our friend money or we will never patronise them again

its [size=20pt]action time[/size] guys, it can happen to any1

i just did myself, " refund d 69K of my fellow nairalander n stop playing cs we will never patronise u again " angry angry angry

this is no sense, tomorrow they will offer Iphone 5 for 40K !! n after u pay they will say sorry we are out of stock u can buy anything else from us !! that trapping n scamming

I can't agree with you any less. If this is true, then...
Please post their email address here for the benefit of other NLs.
Message subject: "Refund the 69K of my fellow nairalander and stop playing cs or the world will never patronise u again"
Be sure to understand the statement of the problem before you start mailing them o.
Call this #69KMoneyNotVoucherRefundForMyTVScam
But who gives sum1 a voucher refund of that amount Who does dat?!

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 04, 2014
tai wo: There was a promo by samsung on their 40" Led Tv. which costs 69,000. this promo ended 30 june 2014.

The promo granted me the opportunity to buy a 40inch tv at that price. and Quickly I went to to place an order on 27th June 2013 so as to beat the deadline. After several days of waiting to see my order, (since I ve been mailed that the order has been shipped) I contacted them and they promised I will get my product asap. 8days later which is today, I was informed by jumia rep that they ran out of stock. I was pained and queried why they didn't inform me about this. that now I have to pay more than 25% on the tv elsewhere since the promo has ended.

I tried to reach them but to no avail then I resorted to the social media where eventually someone called me. I mailed Jumia to kindly refund my money as I will NEVER have any business with them again. I was still waiting for an alert when I got a mail that a voucher has been created for me without my consent, that such voucher is valued at N69,000 (the amount I paid for the tv) and I can only use it to purchase another item on their website.

I told them I wanted the particular tv and since I cant get the product they sholud return my CASH. Since then they havent gotten back to me. Now my money and product is stuck with them. My advice to anyone is to avoid shopping with Jumia and if u insist on shopping online use another online store and the pay at delivery system, so u wont fall victim like I did.

As at the time I am posting this I have not gotten a response from them. And Unfortunately we are in a country where this type of thing fly.

Thank You.
Coming to social media to discredit a company is not the right thing in most cases. A company cannot get it right all the time cos there's a margin for error in humans. Yes you might have bought goods from aliexpress,eBay, Amazon and the likes and had a favourable experience. There still are a lot of people who will tell you never to patronize those stores because of their personal experience.
Just like a lot of people have mentioned did it ever come across your mind to read their terms and conditions before clicking buy now? Every promo has got this and so does the store website in itself.
I for one have shopped on konga.com for quite a number of time and u will be marvelled at what extent customer representatives can go to get your issues resolved (some lazy ones don't care*). My only issue came on an order that got stretched with delivery time this was just over a week. I asked their reps on twitter to ask the desk reps put a call to me cos I wasn't even ready to spend my airtime on them. In about twenty minutes a Rep called and I complained about my order which they promised will be delivered. Then they explained it was out of stock. When it was back online the price increased I waited to see what will happen then I got an email saying my order was cancelled.. I was vexed and I went back to twitter requesting a call concerning my order.. Few minutes later I got another email saying my new order had been verified. In two days I got my purchase and a surprise 1500 wallet credit fine kings to say thanks for my patience.
My experience like I pointed out earlier does not give room for a person to say they are the best store ever. Therefore a bad experience should not make you soil a company's image.
Lastly I will say approach the customer service civilly. I believe they would have a bank payout option like is done on konga. If not their terms and conditions must have provision for situations like this. Make them know you know your right after you have ascertained what your right is from their terms and conditions. Soiling them will only reduce competition for other stores. Approach them like you are helping them as much as they will be helping you. I really do hope you get your refund or same product. (All for a better online shopping experience )
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Tyche(m): 10:33am On Jul 04, 2014
Shuga jay: Lolz... Shy 1 ke? I guess u misunderstood d phrase wink

My bad, if you have written it in Igbo I would have understand grin . You know say bekee bu agbara grin
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 04, 2014
Dee60: I suggest you try some other approach, possibly going to their office. Trying to de-market a brand on social media can rob that company of important goodwill. Remember that it takes a lot to build reputational capital and anyone in business knows this. Jumia does well 99% of the time and that is good enough. They are humans remember.

I know how you feel being tossed around but please remember that you could be in Jumia's shoes tomorrow. Who would not want to be as successful as them.

I think it is next to impossible for any company to get it right 100% of the time.

Please calm down.
Will you listen to this idiiot? Good enough for who? Are you partially blind or impaired in comprehension? I suggest you re-read the OP and edit this stupid comment of yours. And, oh, tell your bosses to refund his money, he say he no buy again. Na by force? Monkey!

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 04, 2014
seunbadmus: That doesn't discredit Jumia. More positive reports on the average...
Wonderful, just wonderful. So how does it not affecting Jumia comfort this disgruntled customer? Oh, I get it, it's not about the customer, it's about Jumia. You need to refund your school fees and your certificates...all of them.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by 3sha4lyf: 10:44am On Jul 04, 2014
nelsenhenry:
Coming to social media to discredit a company is not the right thing in most cases. A company cannot get it right all the time cos there's a margin for error in humans. Yes you might have bought goods from aliexpress,eBay, Amazon and the likes and had a favourable experience. There still are a lot of people who will tell you never to patronize those stores because of their personal experience.
Just like a lot of people have mentioned did it ever come across your mind to read their terms and conditions before clicking buy now? Every promo has got this and so does the store website in itself.
I for one have shopped on konga.com for quite a number of time and u will be marvelled at what extent customer representatives can go to get your issues resolved (some lazy ones don't care*). My only issue came on an order that got stretched with delivery time this was just over a week. I asked their reps on twitter to ask the desk reps put a call to me cos I wasn't even ready to spend my airtime on them. In about twenty minutes a Rep called and I complained about my order which they promised will be delivered. Then they explained it was out of stock. When it was back online the price increased I waited to see what will happen then I got an email saying my order was cancelled.. I was vexed and I went back to twitter requesting a call concerning my order.. Few minutes later I got another email saying my new order had been verified. In two days I got my purchase and a surprise 1500 wallet credit fine kings to say thanks for my patience.
My experience like I pointed out earlier does not give room for a person to say they are the best store ever. Therefore a bad experience should not make you soil a company's image.
Lastly I will say approach the customer service civilly. I believe they would have a bank payout option like is done on konga. If not their terms and conditions must have provision for situations like this. Make them know you know your right after you have ascertained what your right is from their terms and conditions. Soiling them will only reduce competition for other stores. Approach them like you are helping them as much as they will be helping you. I really do hope you get your refund or same product. (All for a better online shopping experience )

It baffles me when people are still referring to Ts and C's that have now been breached. Any Ts and C's that provides for a voucher refund if a product that was indicated available online, labelled "dispatched" to customer and later labelled "out of stock" for same customer, IS A FRAUD. Ask your legal advisers.

I think the prob wit naija is that ppl dodge from calling a spade a spade. We show too much feelings and pity for the wrong things. How can anyone say this issue isn't worth giving a bad review cos it'll spoil their business. Even Tesco, M&S etc have gotten bad reviews, which they took with extreme caution, contacted reviewer(s) by all means, rectified problems and prevented more, and also put measures in place to provide better services. They buckled up. So, a bad review is not necessarily to tarnish an image. It's to make the organisation look further inward and fish out the bad eggs in their company that are causing customers to be sad.

This issue is a simple one. What does it take to refund the money in cash (am not been asking for extra "we're sorry for the mistake" voucher to be added) If u care about ur reputation and your competitors, then you should do things that will put u ahead of the game. That's business techniques.

So pls let's stop all these "it's not fair" , "it's not enough to come on social media and tarnish their image", "they are humans and can't be 100% perfect" hullabaloo. Only lazy business people settle for anything less than perfection. A typical biz man with focus strives to be better than the best. That means setting your target in services above 100% and not seeing 99% as a limit to excellence.
Tx

9 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by sleekman(m): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2014
seunbadmus: That doesn't discredit Jumia. More positive reports on the average...
if that doesn't discredit them I wonder what does. Imagine they've lost 15customers by my last count. What does it take 2 refund an angry customers money? D confab should do something about class action lawsuits. This thievery behaviour has 2 stop. Today it Jumia, 2moro MTN and d next EKDC. Rubbish in high places.

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Shugajay(m): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2014
Tyche:

My bad, if you have written it in Igbo I would have understand grin . You know say bekee bu agbara grin
Funny u grin.. Would do dat nxt tym wink

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Orikinla(m): 10:56am On Jul 04, 2014
Flint_Guevara: Konga remains relatively better than Jumia. I have sworn against buying anything from Jumia after my bitter black Friday shopping experience with them.
Konga delivers.

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 04, 2014
3sha4lyf:

It baffles me when people are still referring to Ts and C's that have now been breached. Any Ts and C's that provides for a voucher refund if a product that was indicated available online, labelled "dispatched" to customer and later labelled "out of stock" for same customer, IS A FRAUD. Ask your legal advisers.

I think the prob wit naija is that ppl dodge from calling a spade a spade. We show too much feelings and pity for the wrong things. How can anyone say this issue isn't worth giving a bad review cos it'll spoil their business. Even Tesco, M&S etc have gotten bad reviews, which they took with extreme caution, contacted reviewer(s) by all means, rectified problems and prevented more, and also put measures in place to provide better services. They buckled up. So, a bad review is not necessarily to tarnish an image. It's to make the organisation look further inward and fish out the bad eggs in their company that are causing customers to be sad.

This issue is a simple one. What does it take to refund the money in cash (am not been asking for extra "we're sorry for the mistake" voucher to be added) If u care about ur reputation and your competitors, then you should do things that will put u ahead of the game. That's business techniques.

So pls let's stop all these "it's not fair" , "it's not enough to come on social media and tarnish their image", "they are humans and can't be 100% perfect" hullabaloo. Only lazy business people settle for anything less than perfection. A typical biz man with focus strives to be better than the best. That means setting your target in services above 100% and not seeing 99% as a limit to excellence.
Tx
Thank you sir. And this useless sentimentalism is the problem with Nigeria, we can't hold those in power to account. It's all permissiveness and mediocrity. Haba, 69k and one mumu called Seunbadmus is saying it will not affect Jumia adversely, the mumu has forgotten that it's the customers that keep Jumia alive. What a sad country of perverse-thinking people. Kai
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Tx
Very well said. A bad review in my opinion still doesn't mean you tell people to stay away from them. I believe you read the part that says "read the terms and conditions know your right and approach them civilly ". You only get cheated when you don't know exactly what you are entitled to. And I can't remember the generator of this topic say his purchase was shipped. If it's so it's something different entirely. Take legal action after gathering evidences in effect to this and the company still hasn't made a refund or delivered the item as indicated.
Just so u know: I've never shopped on jumia and I ain't got anyone I'm trying to protect as u are implying
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by AMADU77: 11:03am On Jul 04, 2014
3sha4lyf:

I can't agree with you any less. If this is true, then...
Please post their email address here for the benefit of other NLs.
Message subject: "Refund the 69K of my fellow nairalander and stop playing cs or the world will never patronise u again"
Be sure to understand the statement of the problem before you start mailing them o.
Call this #69KMoneyNotVoucherRefundForMyTVScam
But who gives sum1 a voucher refund of that amount Who does dat?!

Go to n open contact us page
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by sleekman(m): 11:04am On Jul 04, 2014
If ure on twitter then let's all tweet @JumiaNigeria to refund ASAP. If d law cannot allow us undertake legal class action then perhaps we should carry out an 'economic class action'

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by justi4jesu(f): 11:07am On Jul 04, 2014
#Teambringbackournairalander65k#

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by sleekman(m): 11:08am On Jul 04, 2014
nelsenhenry:
Very well said. A bad review in my opinion still doesn't mean you tell people to stay away from them. I believe you read the part that says "read the terms and conditions know your right and approach them civilly ". You only get cheated when you don't know exactly what you are entitled to. And I can't remember the generator of this topic say his purchase was shipped. If it's so it's something different entirely. Take legal action after gathering evidences in effect to this and the company still hasn't made a refund or delivered the item as indicated.
Just so u know: I've never shopped on jumia and I ain't got anyone I'm trying to protect as u are implying
has he no approached them civilly? Must he go to their office 2 beg? Did he go 2 their office to place d order? They either supply d TV with a public apology and retain a customer and other potential customers or they refund the money.

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by seunbadmus(f): 11:08am On Jul 04, 2014
fresh_dude: Thank you sir. And this useless sentimentalism is the problem with Nigeria, we can't hold those in power to account. It's all permissiveness and mediocrity. Haba, 69k and one mumu called Seunbadmus is saying it will not affect Jumia adversely, the mumu has forgotten that it's the customers that keep Jumia alive. What a sad country of perverse-thinking people. Kai
You need to eat more sugar sir... why are you this bitter? tongue
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by justi4jesu(f): 11:10am On Jul 04, 2014
seunbadmus:

lol...Diabetes oh...gudt bad gal

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2014
fresh_dude: Thank you sir. And this useless sentimentalism is the problem with Nigeria, we can't hold those in power to account. It's all permissiveness and mediocrity. Haba, 69k and one mumu called Seunbadmus is saying it will not affect Jumia adversely, the mumu has forgotten that it's the customers that keep Jumia alive. What a sad country of perverse-thinking people. Kai
It ain't about being permissive it's about approaching things the right way. I for one would not let a kobo of my money go due to discrepancies in the service provided by a company. This in the same vein doesn't mean that abuses and campaigns against an organisation will sort things out. Our politics in Nigeria is a good example people clamour for a better government and yet don't do the right thing by approaching matters correctly.
This is where know your right and act on it comes in. Discrediting them won't get the money raining down.........
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by sleekman(m): 11:15am On Jul 04, 2014
seunbadmus:
May bee sting ur left nip p le. Ewu lama. If u have d money why don't u give him abi u dey work 4 Jumia?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 04, 2014
sleekman: has he no approached them civilly? Must he go to their office 2 beg? Did he go 2 their office to place d order? They either supply d TV with a public apology and retain a customer and other potential customers or they refund the money.

Well said. You don't beg for your money . You ask for it. In the right way though. Just as you don't beg for it you don't go about being all violent just to get it
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 04, 2014
seunbadmus:
You need to sun your brain. I'm not bitter, I'm being real.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by aniyphil: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2014
lomaxx: Jumia and Arik Air seem to have one unfortunate thing in common.

hmmm . . .for Arik we may need to open another thread . . .52k gone with the wind since December 2013 . . .they stopped responding to mails...never pick up the customer service line. I think some guys over there @ Arik will have to tell us why getting a simple refund can be like a Camel passing through the eye of a needle.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by sleekman(m): 11:25am On Jul 04, 2014
nelsenhenry:

Well said. You don't beg for your money . You ask for it. In the right way though. Just as you don't beg for it you don't go about being all violent just to get it
I'm sure u know how 2 read and u read all that d youngman wrote. U could see d correspondence dats been taking place and their refusal and fraudulent approach 2 defraud a customer. When they know that they could face a potential backlash 4rm dissatisfied customers perhaps they'll think twice next time. I for one I want our organized private sector 2 lead d way so that we can all have a new Nigeria. U be talking while others are fighting and we'll all get there.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by seunbadmus(f): 11:26am On Jul 04, 2014
sleekman: May bee sting ur left nip p le. Ewu lama. If u have d money why don't u give him abi u dey work 4 Jumia?
Hmmmm... #word
Fooolish word though.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 04, 2014
nelsenhenry:

This is where know your right and act on it comes in. Discrediting them won't get the money raining down.........
Bros, 69k is a huge amount to me o. He might not have all the time to start going after technicalities. At least, with this, they'll be careful to protect their reputation in future.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by iamDozzy(m): 11:33am On Jul 04, 2014
Taiwo why u dey lie..who give u 70k
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 04, 2014
sleekman: I'm sure u know how 2 read and u read all that d youngman wrote. U could see d correspondence dats been taking place and their refusal and fraudulent approach 2 defraud a customer. When they know that they could face a potential backlash 4rm dissatisfied customers perhaps they'll think twice next time. I for one I want our organized private sector 2 lead d way so that we can all have a new Nigeria. U be talking while others are fighting and we'll all get there.
I bet you that if this goes unresolved there's a 70% chance they don't change. that is why it's better to take an approach that will give positive results.
Tai wo a lot of people are out here all willing to rain down on jumia's twitter timeline and their email. Drop screenshots of the transaction history right from when you placed the order, got it verified, got the shipping notice, and the credited voucher in the end. Attacking them with evidences is the only way out.......... I really do hope you get your money back.... cos a larger part of the of Nigerian populace don't get to save even 5000 naira in a year let alone 69.

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by equlibrium(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2014
kentorks:
Your girlfriend works for Jumia and so what #smh, u sounds like a lazy guy and a gigolo
are u feeding off ur girlfriend, u r indeed a parasite (Get a life). #parasiticalEntity #indolentMumu
referring to ur Profile Pics u need to learn and re-learn #suchAnIlliterate
hahaha.. .
Have you evr tot mayb som of us write these tins to get reactions?
Indolentmumu
classic grin
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by taiwo3(m): 11:56am On Jul 04, 2014
If I did the same to my customers do u think I will be able to afforde the Tv. If u need poof sendme an email i will scan all necessary documents to you [Qquote author=Dee60]I suggest you try some other approach, possibly going to their office. Trying to de-market a brand on social media can rob that company of important goodwill. Remember that it takes a lot to build reputational capital and anyone in business knows this. Jumia does well 99% of the time and that is good enough. They are humans remember.

I know how you feel being tossed around but please remember that you could be in Jumia's shoes tomorrow. Who would not want to be as successful as them.

I think it is next to impossible for any company to get it right 100% of the time.

Please calm down. [/quote]
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by 4C2215131: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
rattlesnake: i had the same epereince
BUT

THEY WERE SO IMPRESSIVE AND PROFESSIONAL eventhough i was far far from lagos

THEY COLLECTED MY RETURNED GOOD AND RETURNED MY 50K

Maybe ur luck is affected from ur village grin grin grin angry angry angry

Good business is not about luck. In a marketing oreinted firm like Jumia is or should be, the customer is "King". It's not about getting it right sometimes (like they did with you) but, getting it right EVERYTIME.

Well, it's a country without laws, so, anything goes. The OP should give them some time and if they aren't still responding seek legal re-dress (hoping it works, as the country is slowly becoming a failed state where nothing appreciable sees the light of day).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria's World Trade Center Abuja Poised To Send Its Economy Sky High - CNN / Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. / HAMPER! HAMPERS!! HAMPERS!!! (contents And Prices)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.