Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,373 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia (38661 Views)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com / My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
zeemore:

THAT IS A LIE.... KONGA.COM IS FAR WORSE THAN JUMIA.... KONGA HAS NEVER DELIVERED AN ITEM TO ME IN ABUJA... NEVER. THE LAST ITEM I ORDERED AND CLICKED ON PAY ON DELIVERY, TILL TODAY, 4 WEEKS LATER, STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED. TUFIA!!!!
I ordered an Item from konga last week, I chose pay on delivery option and 4 days later I got it (I disturbed their lines with calls so as to keep track of my order sha) wink Konga have a distribution outlet in Sabondale Shopping Complex, Jabi (Block C ground floor) near Mr Biggs restaurant (where police pension commission's office is located) if you have time, go check them and tell them the issue.

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
You need to sue them if they are playing on your intelligence!

4 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Firefire(m): 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
saasala:
Bros you sef go wicked o, you no see your signature?

Total war against the enemies of Nigeria.

Remain in His Grace.

Jumia. Refund that money in the next 48 hours or face the consequences sad

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nehemiah459(m): 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
zeemore:

THAT IS A LIE.... KONGA.COM IS FAR WORSE THAN JUMIA.... KONGA HAS NEVER DELIVERED AN ITEM TO ME IN ABUJA... NEVER. THE LAST ITEM I ORDERED AND CLICKED ON PAY ON DELIVERY, TILL TODAY, 4 WEEKS LATER, STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED. TUFIA!!!!
What area of Abuja are you? Cos I got my Laptop from Konga, at my doorstep in Gwagwalada.

4 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
Jultee: Is jumia somebodys name?
We've passed that level of Joke Brova.. @OP I hope u get your money back.. Pay on Delivery is quite a better option..

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Laredojohn(m): 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hmmm really bad experience, sure their terms and conditions would have stated that money paid can b replaced with shopping vouchers , that no refund, we naija peeps dnt read terms and conditions, anyway Konga is no difference, the only diff is that your money will not get stocked the more u chose pay on delivery, ordered a generating set that shows in stock on konga website, they call normal that it will be delivered 5 days later..all I get next is the moment its the third or fourth day the order is cancelled due to unavailability, check the website the next min its still displayed as available..those sites are just mordernized scammers .

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by ibitomisi: 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
Thanx, bro.... I nearly drop an order. . payment on delivery is still the best bet. Buh the fathers of all is going straight to the shop gan-gan. . Yhu have 85% assurance that if any silly thing happens, yhu'll go straight-up to the shop.

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Marksule(m): 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
Your mum is using NOKIA torchlight with
broken screen and rubber band holding
the battery and phone 2geda and ur
girlfriend has changed phone twice dis
year, now she's using bb porsche , all from
ur account and you sit there singing
"sweet mother I no go 4get u"
aaaaah !!! ...baba God is soaking ur koboko
with petrol and salt. OMO ALE JATI JATI
OSHI.....:

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Bbdealer(m): 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
I had d same experience but I was lucky I sent it to lagos which has pay on delivery, 2 items worth 128k after 3days they said dey send an email item was not in stock. if I had paid d cash I would still be in a mess, if dey don't hve d item den y advertise it on Deir website
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by snadguy007(m): 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
Pay on delivery or no deal. I cant risk my hard-earned money.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by justi4jesu(f): 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
Marksule: Your mum is using NOKIA torchlight with
broken screen and rubber band holding
the battery and phone 2geda and ur
girlfriend has changed phone twice dis
year, now she's using bb porsche , all from
ur account and you sit there singing
"sweet mother I no go 4get u"
aaaaah !!! ...baba God is soaking ur koboko
with petrol and salt. OMO ALE JATI JATI
OSHI.....:

Copy n paste tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by nikkypearl(f): 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by gerona: 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
If your claim is true, I know where there new office is at in Abuja, it is at Melita Plaza, Area 11, beside Efab Mall, Abuja. Thank me later when you collect your money.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by inteli: 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
Djangocode: We've passed that level of Joke Brova.. @OP I hope u get your money back.. Pay on Delivery is quite a better option..

Please tell him!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
I think konga.com is more reliable. I do buy stuff from them and pay in delivery, and yes they deliver my items before the due date. Maybe they hate you. lipsrsealed embarassed tongue

zeemore:

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
Js get a lawyer;write dem a letter tru ur lawyer and give them like seven days ultimatum...believe me,they"ll cum looking for you to refund wit lots of apologies,if they don't cum;sue their arse and watch the invisible online operative fully materialize to human beings begging u to withdraw with all sorts of apology,but believe me,dey won't allow you get to the stage of suing dem...

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by touchmeder: 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
Online shopping in Naija is still at the infancy stage. With all the terrible stories, i will never go for anything unless its payment on delivery. Who get money dash? @Op be persistent, you should have put your order number here or something to really draw their attention and show credibility. Hopefully you get your cash refunded, come and update this thread when that happens. lipsrsealed
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Abiodun2014(m): 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
tai wo: There was a promo by samsung on their 40" Led Tv. which costs 69,000. this promo ended 30 june 2014.

The promo granted me the opportunity to buy a 40inch tv at that price. and Quickly I went to to place an order on 27th June 2013 so as to beat the deadline. After several days of waiting to see my order, (since I ve been mailed that the order has been shipped) I contacted them and they promised I will get my product asap. 8days later which is today, I was informed by jumia rep that they ran out of stock. I was pained and queried why they didn't inform me about this. that now I have to pay more than 25% on the tv elsewhere since the promo has ended.

I tried to reach them but to no avail then I resorted to the social media where eventually someone called me. I mailed Jumia to kindly refund my money as I will NEVER have any business with them again. I was still waiting for an alert when I got a mail that a voucher has been created for me without my consent, that such voucher is valued at N69,000 (the amount I paid for the tv) and I can only use it to purchase another item on their website.

I told them I wanted the particular tv and since I cant get the product they sholud return my CASH. Since then they havent gotten back to me. Now my money and product is stuck with them. My advice to anyone is to avoid shopping with Jumia and if u insist on shopping online use another online store and the pay at delivery system, so u wont fall victim like I did.

As at the time I am posting this I have not gotten a response from them. And Unfortunately we are in a country where this type of thing fly.

Thank You.
aswear konga.com is preferrable!!! Shop now on Konga by following this link to get mouth opening discount >>http:///electronics-5261?k_id=Javacompgeek&k_bid=21d8a8e2
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by adejade(m): 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
Jumia is absolute rubish, I ordered for perfume sometime ago and lady on their own side encourage me to buy another person in addition to the one I ordered, I gladly accepted because the price was good. The next I saw after like 2weeks is that they brought one stupid perfume to my office and the dispatcher says it's mine.
When I called Jumia, I was told that the perfume I ordered is finish and that's what the have. I WILL NEVER SHOP ON THAT SITE AGAIN. They are fraud

7 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Fargbaba: 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
nikkypearl:
U are very beautiful! shocked kiss
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by inteli: 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
@ OP, I feel your pain. Only those that have tested this bitter pill of "Breach of trust" would truly understand. Please do whatever you have to do to get back your money. angry

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by criuze(m): 9:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
What if the jumia got its data base hacked or invaded just like our beloved nairaland. #Just thinking men.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by SPYBOY: 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
Your experience is secondary, if i tell you my you go hate Jumia for ever

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Dotng: 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
I took a risk. I ordered a laptop on JUMIA for my sister from outside Lagos. Since it was outside Lagos, I was asked to pay cash plus N5000 for DHL. It was delivered before due date and I also got a follow up call wink grin
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Tvegas(m): 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
Jumia isn't that reliable because they keep advertising things they don't have. I placed an order for heat extractor and they made me wait 10 days. In fact one day they called me that my good was on the way so I stayed at home so I could pay my 80k, Na lie good no show. Thank God I didn't pay online, my money would have entered voice mail.

The most annoying part is their constant calls and disturbance to buy other wares in addition to what I ordered. They should stop their girls from such con act it's annoying.

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by phemi01(m): 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
We really have a long way to go in this country. We see something good from developed countries and the moment we bring or try to copy, we just do plain rubbish. How can u put an item that is sold out on your website just to deceive people to buy because u want to make money. On reasonable online shopping sites, when u click on an item u like, they let u know how many of that item they have left in stock. The site is updated every minute. But naija own must different. And for the OP, it is advisable to always read the terms and conditions on every website b4 u deal with them. It's possible they have it on their terms and condition/agreement/policy that they don't do cash refund.

However, I will advice Jumia to work hard on employing reasonable and sensible people. Some ppl have book intelligence but don't have common sense to solve simple issues. They should also make sure they monitor their staff (as in hard tackle) cos some cra..zy ppl will ruin ur efforts with their laziness and foolishness. The name you suffered to build will be ruined by some bas..tard, lazy goats who just want to go to work and play or gossip and wait for alert @ the end of the month. Keep a close eye on ur workers and train them properly.

Op may not get his money if the voucher thing is on their website

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by showbiz4all27(m): 10:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
hardluck bro.
I bought my lapi that worth 130k on same jumia last yr and it was pay on delivery. The package was drop at my residence with my sister after she paid them the money i dropped with her. I came home from travelling after 3 days and what I saw inside the package wasn't exactly what Ordered for. I mailed Jumia instanta and believe you me they came to my house and and pick up the wrong product after 5 days of my sent mail as promised in their response. My sister refused to allow them go away with the package considering that my money was still with them, the delivery agent called me from there and I gave them the benefit of doubt allowing them to go with the laptop while they still holds my cash. 3 days later after they picked up the product from my crib, Jumia came with the right ordered laptop. I am not in anyway praising them but I must tell the OP that I received a good fairing treatment from Jumia even while I was insulting them on there lack of accuracies all there response was WE ARE VERY VERY SORRY SIR.
I guess you asked them to order the product for you and based on this agreement, it might be against their law not to refund such money.
Note!
I used the wrong laptop for good 4 days before dropping it at home against the date they promised to come for it with my password on it and films with autocad software I installed on it. I printed there returned whatever online and i did made mention of how i have used the laptop for my domestic purpose telling them to wipe those stuff away and I dropped the password I set on the laptop clearly written ontop with there Pali and nylon in place.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by yehmi01(m): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ask4bigneyo: Jumia will soon sue you for tarnishing their image on NL...
LAST BULLET:
For those that Love Play Station,
right now m playing FIFA 2014 and i need a tutorial on which button to press if i want SUAREZ to bite someone...! Very urgent pls

But if he was promoting them they will not sue ohh. Why should you collect money from people and not deliver what you collected money for, if that's is not robbery please what is it.

Let me not start with my experience with all of them and its only sad that we are in a country where people can do things and get away with it.

He should be the one to sue them.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Coolcash1: 10:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
I am happy that the OP brought this very important discuss about Jumia up.

I too had a very terrible experience with them when I placed an order for a BB phone. When the product was delivered I was excited and glad that my money didn't go down the drain. However, it turned out to be a mirage as my excitement was short lived arising from some faults the phone started developing. For instance, the battery was bad, the casing, albeit white was already peeling and the speaker not too okay.

I complained about these problems to Jumia and told them that I want to return the phone because I couldn't believe a phone of just 1 day old would start having issues. Jumia's response was that before they can accept the product back I need to produce the phone pack. I told them that the based on previous transactions with them which had been okay I felt this won't be an exception- sadly not so. They still insisted on the pack which did not make any sense to me anyway.

Based on this, I have vowed never, never to patronise them again and also de-market them where I have the opportunity. OP, i share your concern. Please make sure they refund your money back. useless company...shiorrr
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by hustla(m): 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
Na why i jejeli go slot go buy my Nokia XL

Miofe stories that touch the heart, body and soul

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Youngzedd(m): 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
saasala: I hope you are not from one of the other online shops trying to tarnish the image of another so as to promote yours. If that's your intentions then thunder fire your left nyansh and right eye, and if this is true then thunder fire Jumia website for 20 days. #justsaying sad

grin grin

9jarians.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Eyepencil: 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
Fargbaba:
U are very beautiful! shocked kiss
mr man go and get ur vaseline and get out of dis thread! Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The CORRECT Nigeria Zip Code / Difference Between Step Tile Aluminum Roof Tiles And Stone Coated Steel Rooftile / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.