Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia (38768 Views)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com / My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by OLADO(m): 5:53am On Jul 04, 2014
I had similar experience. Once u return any of their products u are given a voucher to buy something of similar price range within 180days....i dnt support dis system of refund. Likr Op said Naija lawa

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 04, 2014
Jumia and Konga are the same thing.. World Class Market Runners (Ndi Oso Afia), Difference is they do it with a website, Go to the market and buy Or use the Pay On Delivery Option.. Note: before using any website or anything in life,Read Terms and Condition

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by uo067: 6:14am On Jul 04, 2014
Sorry Bro...next pay on delivery should be ur prefer button.
Click d option n ur worries is over.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by jorospet2(m): 6:38am On Jul 04, 2014
I've had a similar experience, but not quite the same. I searched for a good camera on their website (Jumiadotcomdotng) and placed an order for it. A few days later they contacted me to tell me the product was out of stock. I asked them when they would re-stock and they said the price of the product had shot up in the International market, so they didn't know if the price would remain the same. They asked if I'd prefer a cash refund to a voucher and I picked the former. To my surprise, they prepared a voucher of the same price as the product! Like many people have stated, the voucher can only be used on Jumia. I had to mail them again that I chose cash refund and not voucher. To their credit, they processed my refund through Interswitch and I got my money back after 5 working days.

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by LOVEGINO(m): 6:42am On Jul 04, 2014
zeemore:

THAT IS A LIE.... KONGA.COM IS FAR WORSE THAN JUMIA.... KONGA HAS NEVER DELIVERED AN ITEM TO ME IN ABUJA... NEVER. THE LAST ITEM I ORDERED AND CLICKED ON PAY ON DELIVERY, TILL TODAY, 4 WEEKS LATER, STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED. TUFIA!!!!
ur address matters alot.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Cymbal: 7:19am On Jul 04, 2014
Shey na ontop dat u con dy spoil dia business...
Smh!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by simplynola(m): 7:23am On Jul 04, 2014
Jumia is relatively fairer than Konga, av ordered severally on Jumia, they dont waste much time, konga delays and wont even call to confirm if its not a ghost that made order online. My issue with Jumia sometimes is they dont give me the colors i picked and ordered for. If you see and order white, expect pink. Am sure the problem has to do with most of their distributors
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Innunique: 7:27am On Jul 04, 2014
I keep saying it that this new online store www.gotaya.com is more efficient than these already known online stores even though they are new. they deliver in a record time of 3days to U in any part of Nigeria ! Guys Check it out. Gotaya.com
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 04, 2014
I stopped shopping from Naija online stores long ago. I presently shop on Amazon or any other US or UK site and have my purchases delivered right to my doorstep in Nigeria at a very affordable price in about a week.
Believe me that's your best bet

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by rhythyson: 7:39am On Jul 04, 2014
Jultee: Is jumia somebodys name?

Whatever
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 04, 2014
The day I tweeted Etisalat to refund my #1000 that disappeared and were foot dragging, I sent another one and copied NCC. You will not believe that NCC replied in less than 5 minutes and asked me to let them know if no favorable response from them in 1 hour. They quickly credited me back without wasting time with an apology.
If there's any agency to report Jumia to, please try it.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by TITOPET: 7:57am On Jul 04, 2014
This happens on all online stores (in Nigeria) it happened to a colleague in my office with konga too, he had to buy other things with the so called voucher. I've had a number of good experience with Jumia using the pay on delivery option.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by thuao(m): 8:24am On Jul 04, 2014
thank God nairaland is back, so i can continue laffing daily as usual at some humorous post and learn frm peoples mistakes.
@ op like they v told u i think pay on delivery is better.
i v bin buying online though outside nigeria on aliexpress sinx last yr and i can tell u they re reliable u get ur refund if product not as describe or not delivered.
naija being naija, thats y everything is faulty, but i hope the voucher thing no dey dia terms and conditions before we begin bash jumai.
though i learnt frm u anyway cos i was always saying i will bbuy frm them but something has alwyas bin holding me bad.
report them to consumer protection council or get a lawywr thats if they v cheated u.

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by ExpressBooking(m): 8:32am On Jul 04, 2014
Amazon or Ebay till 20..

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 04, 2014
my brother i feel for you,
Both Jumia and Konga still have their issues,i have dealt with the two of them on a number of times and i must tell you that they are pretty the same with Konga having a bit of an edge.i have bought a lot of things from Konga ,some they delivered some they did not without any reason,you just from your order that it has been canceled when you call them they tell you its not available and if you go to the site you still see it as available.They don,t reset their system.Jumia is worse i have ordered from them almost eight item with no delivery at all.it was only once that they said they are on promotion of some boys brief or so.i ordered for something and you promise to add the breif and i said ok.they never brought what i ordered for but brought the boy brief.so they all have their issues but jumia is worse.if yo want to deal with any of them use the pay on delivery.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by ogedanny: 8:36am On Jul 04, 2014
Jumia is great....No onsline shopping is 100% perfect...next time, use pay on delivery, I use them and they are very good, mchtewwww!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by AMADU77: 8:39am On Jul 04, 2014
[size=20pt]every Nairalander[/size] should send email to Jumia asking them to refund our friend money or we will never patronise them again

its [size=20pt]action time[/size] guys, it can happen to any1

i just did myself, " refund d 69K of my fellow nairalander n stop playing cs we will never patronise u again " angry angry angry

this is no sense, tomorrow they will offer Iphone 5 for 40K !! n after u pay they will say sorry we are out of stock u can buy anything else from us !! that trapping n scamming

8 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Eleganza33(f): 8:51am On Jul 04, 2014
tai wo: There was a promo by samsung on their 40" Led Tv. which costs 69,000. this promo ended 30 june 2014.

The promo granted me the opportunity to buy a 40inch tv at that price. and Quickly I went to to place an order on 27th June 2013 so as to beat the deadline. After several days of waiting to see my order, (since I ve been mailed that the order has been shipped) I contacted them and they promised I will get my product asap. 8days later which is today, I was informed by jumia rep that they ran out of stock. I was pained and queried why they didn't inform me about this. that now I have to pay more than 25% on the tv elsewhere since the promo has ended.

I tried to reach them but to no avail then I resorted to the social media where eventually someone called me. I mailed Jumia to kindly refund my money as I will NEVER have any business with them again. I was still waiting for an alert when I got a mail that a voucher has been created for me without my consent, that such voucher is valued at N69,000 (the amount I paid for the tv) and I can only use it to purchase another item on their website.

I told them I wanted the particular tv and since I cant get the product they sholud return my CASH. Since then they havent gotten back to me. Now my money and product is stuck with them. My advice to anyone is to avoid shopping with Jumia and if u insist on shopping online use another online store and the pay at delivery system, so u wont fall victim like I did.

As at the time I am posting this I have not gotten a response from them. And Unfortunately we are in a country where this type of thing fly.

Thank You.
chai sori o,me walahi i no fit purchase online 4rm jumia or konga
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by pendusky(m): 8:53am On Jul 04, 2014
tai wo: There was a promo by samsung on their 40" Led Tv. which costs 69,000. this promo ended 30 june 2014.

The promo granted me the opportunity to buy a 40inch tv at that price. and Quickly I went to to place an order on 27th June 2013 so as to beat the deadline. After several days of waiting to see my order, (since I ve been mailed that the order has been shipped) I contacted them and they promised I will get my product asap. 8days later which is today, I was informed by jumia rep that they ran out of stock. I was pained and queried why they didn't inform me about this. that now I have to pay more than 25% on the tv elsewhere since the promo has ended.

I tried to reach them but to no avail then I resorted to the social media where eventually someone called me. I mailed Jumia to kindly refund my money as I will NEVER have any business with them again. I was still waiting for an alert when I got a mail that a voucher has been created for me without my consent, that such voucher is valued at N69,000 (the amount I paid for the tv) and I can only use it to purchase another item on their website.

I told them I wanted the particular tv and since I cant get the product they sholud return my CASH. Since then they havent gotten back to me. Now my money and product is stuck with them. My advice to anyone is to avoid shopping with Jumia and if u insist on shopping online use another online store and the pay at delivery system, so u wont fall victim like I did.

As at the time I am posting this I have not gotten a response from them. And Unfortunately we are in a country where this type of thing fly.

Thank You.
THANKS! I WAS ABOUT ORDERING FROM THEM THIS WEEK! SO WHICH ONLINE STORE IS MORE RELIABLE?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by amdx21: 9:03am On Jul 04, 2014
@OP I had a similar experience with Konga but I found a way to recover the voucher from my konga wallet to my account. There is a feature called "pay out", first you register your mastercard and then you pay out the voucher on your konga wallet to your mastercard. It worked for me. Check if Jumia has similar feature.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:04am On Jul 04, 2014
My guy, I NEVER do an online payment system with Jumia o.
I have been a brunt of their ineptitude and vowed never to fall into that trap again.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by omoharry(f): 9:11am On Jul 04, 2014
I had a bad experience with Jumia so many times.That I decided to blank them off my mind, in that no matter how attractive their product is display at me, I will never be moved to click. Jumia is a fraud. I remember buying a sandals from them worth 6500+ transport 500 making it 7000. that shoes pulled off it sole, the first day i worse it on a date, i was really embarrassed. Sometimes later I saw that same shoe at Kaymu.com for 1800 and I was really mad. I tried other online shops but it turns out that what whey bring to you is different from product displayed on their site. These product really lack quality. I think there should be a regulatory body to control all these thier excesses. its better to shop from Uk online shop since our Nigerian retail shop are a reap off

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Abbaj: 9:21am On Jul 04, 2014
Konga.com is far better than jumia as the offer free delivery and pay on delivery anywhere you are in the country for any thing purchased. I have bought phones and laptop from konga and I can't stop using them but had issues with a BlackBerry Q5 which was shipped to me and it was faulty I returned it immediately via courier free of charge and my wallet was credited after they received back the faulty phone so had to top up my wallet and get a Q10 instead which I'm glad I did as I can't imagine paying extra for shipment for jumia which their pay on delivery option is only available to Lagos only
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:23am On Jul 04, 2014
zeemore:

THAT IS A LIE.... KONGA.COM IS FAR WORSE THAN JUMIA.... KONGA HAS NEVER DELIVERED AN ITEM TO ME IN ABUJA... NEVER. THE LAST ITEM I ORDERED AND CLICKED ON PAY ON DELIVERY, TILL TODAY, 4 WEEKS LATER, STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED. TUFIA!!!!
you are so right...konga and jumia are a bunch of cheating and lying ba****ds. I ordered for some items on their site. They never delivered. Many will remember last year's black friday saga that crashed konga.com. Must you lie to make profits? if you must do business with them make sure you choose to pay on delivery.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by sluvy4tune(m): 9:28am On Jul 04, 2014
jeffizy:
Who you be to Jumia?

Seriously I expected this silly question from you long ago, I wonder why it took you this Long. #NoVex bros this thread with such allegations has no business on FP without some proves. Maybe it was Tonto Dike you recommended the Op to seen.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by omotolsy(m): 9:28am On Jul 04, 2014
For me i feel Konga is worse, jumia has supplied a few times but sure it was cash on delivery but a recent mess happened. I ordered for a washing machine and they never got back to me to tell me it was exhausted in the store until i called. I think they are loosing their credibility
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by meemeee: 9:30am On Jul 04, 2014
Whatever, it's not enough to try to spoil their business this way. there are other ways you can get their attention sir.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by baani(m): 9:31am On Jul 04, 2014
yesssooooooooooo..................i so agree my first purchase with is undecided my last purchase with jumia, they post product on their site n say its available once u make a payment it immediately shows on their site as out of stock. those people are thieves. i would suggest that you buy from www.dealdey.com i have abought alot of stuff from them and not once have they failed me though from experience they don't monitor or confirm whatever product they bring for sales/deals which is their only fault but i can still stand up for them anytime any day for them compared to those bleeper (sorry for ma language but e don hold me for neck).

jumia same as konga ARE THIEVES AND ROGUES with due respect
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by kentorks: 9:44am On Jul 04, 2014
equlibrium:
hahahaha. . .
joker
Your girlfriend works for Jumia and so what, u sounds like a lazy guy and a gigolo
are u feeding off ur girlfriend u r indeed a parasite. #parasitical entity
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by kentorks: 9:48am On Jul 04, 2014
equlibrium: @op
my gf wrks 4 jumia.
u no wan mak I see chop again abi? angry
God punish u! angry
Your girlfriend works for Jumia and so what #smh, u sounds like a lazy guy and a gigolo
are u feeding off ur girlfriend, u r indeed a parasite (Get a life). #parasiticalEntity #indolentMumu
referring to ur Profile Pics u need to learn and re-learn #suchAnIlliterate
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by yehmi01(m): 9:50am On Jul 04, 2014
dayohope1: The day I tweeted Etisalat to refund my #1000 that disappeared and were foot dragging, I sent another one and copied NCC. You will not believe that NCC replied in less than 5 minutes and asked me to let them know if no favorable response from them in 1 hour. They quickly credited me back without wasting time with an apology.
If there's any agency to report Jumia to, please try it.

Please can I get NCC address because If you think jumia is terrible you have no idea what my eyes has seen with MTN, GLO and this one that MTN has partnered with JUMIA now I see where the rob off is coming from.

Please I want to report GLO to NCC. Please help me with the address abeg, Email or twitter , Facebook any one will do.

Besides I wish I could develop a site like NL for customer alone to state dir complains more like a www.customer care .org.ng where we can get to complain strictly about issues like this with proof and the appropriate authorities can view it and call them to order. And address them. Because dir own customer care section don't ever get to solve your problems you complain about the same thing every day.

I once had a big fight at sweet sensation last year when I realize I was charge with what I did not order for and the cashier tried keeping back my receipt because I said take away only for me to realize later I was charge for snaks I did not buy. So where do we start form I don't think its an online payment issue alone, customers are been scamed one way or the other.

I am tied of calling Glo custormercare and not getting any response for over 6months now.

I am tied of multi choice Dstv + Gotv those once are a special case.

GTB customer care, now where will I start from. That rubbish gconnect that does not work.

PHCN that one I will report them to God in the place of prayer because those once have spiritual problem. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by topendo(m): 9:55am On Jul 04, 2014
Jumia is so notorious for advertising products that are out of stock or even not available. they use it to trap innocent buyers who are lured into payment before delivery only for them to text you after 3-5 days that they are out of stock.2 of my colleagues have been victims of this jumia mess. they placed orders and after 3 days they were informed that their order were out of stock.
Personal advice, if you must place any order shopping online via jumia, konga etc, NEVER make any payment UNTIL you have taken receipt of your order by yourself. tell the delivery man to wait for your order to check out as advertised before you make any form of payment so you can avoid all other further inconveniences.
On the other hand, In Lagos, personal experience, shopping online via konga has been a far better experience which is light years away from jumia. even a colleague got his order the same day he placed them.
Enjoi!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. / Nigeria's World Trade Center Abuja Poised To Send Its Economy Sky High - CNN / HAMPER! HAMPERS!! HAMPERS!!! (contents And Prices)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.