Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

17Ebiscoo's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 17Ebiscoo's Profile / 17Ebiscoo's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (of 7 pages)

Celebrities / Watch Pamela Odame Open A Bottle With Her Big Boobs (video) by 17Ebiscoo: 7:23am On Aug 10, 2019
Pamela Odame partook in the 'bottle cap challenge' and though it came late, she however came through on the challenge with her signature 'big boobs' instead of a kick.

While a friend held a bottle of popular alcoholic beverage Kpookeke in the video, the Ghanaian-Kenyan socialite and model ran through in slow motion effect and ended up removing the bottle cap with her boobs.

Here is a video of Pamela Odame in action below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qhdw71uogU

https://www.mcebiscoo.com/watch-pamela-odame-open-a-bottle-with-her-big-boobs-video/

Celebrities / "I May Have Been Born With A Silver Spoon But No One Can Say I Don't Work Hard!" by 17Ebiscoo: 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2019
26-year-old entrepreneur and daughter of Nigeria's Vice President, Kiki Osinbajo took to her Instagram page to reminisce about her journey as an entrepreneur and plan to launch her third business.

Kiki admitted to have been born with a silver spoon, she, however, said no one can deny the fact that she works hard.

Talking about her business, the Aston University graduate recounted how she spent everyday at the site picking tiles, furniture. She also wrote about her fears, challenges, dealing with nay sayers and people who feel she doesn't have to work.

"A few years ago I decided to start my own business and now I look back and wonder what I was thinking. Turning somewhere into my own little empire" she said.

See her posts below: https://www.mcebiscoo.com/i-may-have-been-born-with-a-silver-spoon-but-no-one-can-say-i-dont-work-hard-kiki-osinbajo-shows-off-her-office/

Politics / Ogun State Governor Dapo Abiodun Begins Rehabilitation Of Abandoned N70bn Road by 17Ebiscoo: 10:04pm On Jul 27, 2019
MCEBISCOO.COM

The Ogun State Government has begun extensive rehabilitation of the 32Km Sango-Ojodu Abiodun road.

The road is one of the roads which was awarded and abandoned by the immediate past administration of Senator Ibikunle Amosun.

The road, which cut across various border communities between Lagos and Ogun State has been in the state of comatose before the emergence of the present administration and to bring succour to the lives of the people living along that axis, the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, few days ago directed that immediate palliative measures should begin on the road.

The governor also said that the road remained one of his top priorities as soon as the rainy season goes down.

He also promised to ensure the completion of the road project which had undergone over 300% variation in its cost of construction during the past administration.

The road was awarded at a cost of N12bn in 2012 and the immediate past administration later raised the budget to N70bn with N22bn already expended on 5-flyover bridges along that road.

The state government lamented that the socio-economic activities along the axis had been greatly affected due to the neglect of the road based on claim of paucity of funds by the previous government.

Residents along the road, in reaction, commended Abiodun for his quick response.

CLICK HERE>>> https://www.mcebiscoo.com/good-one-ogun-state-governor-dapo-abiodun-begins-rehabilitation-of-abandoned-n70bn-road/

Politics / Imo Group Faults Issuance Of Certificate Of Return To Uwajumogu by 17Ebiscoo: 7:40am On Apr 10, 2019
A group under the aegis of Imo North Political Leaders Forum has faulted call by Coalition of Civil Society Organisations to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to issue certificate of return to Senator Ben Uwajumogu, the senatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress, ( APC) as winner of February 23 and March 9, elections.

Addressing a press conference yesterday in Abuja, national secretary of the Forum, Chief Regis Uwakwe, asked INEC to totally ignore the call and ultimatum, describing it as a threat to democracy and invitation to anarchy. “We are aware that two unregistered organisations claiming to represent a coalition of civil society organisations ‘Conscience Nigeria’ and Stand Up Nigeria, have issued a 24-hour ultimatum to INEC mandating it to issue a certificate of return to Senator Ben Uwajumogu as senator-elect,” he said.

The Okigwe leaders’ group called on INEC to declare the authentic and comprehensive result of the Senatorial elections held on February 23 and March 9, which they claimed was won by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP candidate, Hon Patrick Ndubueze.

The group stated that the delay in the announcement of the result could lead to the breakdown of law and order, as those who voted in the election already know the result and are becoming restive. However, the group commended INEC for setting up the National Committee on Imo North senatorial election to ascertain the veracity or otherwise of allegations of misconduct as well as compliance with INEC procedure.

It also called on the security agencies to prosecute the Returning Officer, Prof. Donatus Ohajianya, who was alleged to have attempted to announce fake results when collation was ongoing.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/10/imo-group-faults-issuance-of-certificate-of-return-to-uwajumogu/

Politics / Failures Are The Only Ones Who Dream Of Women With Big Behinds – Reno Omokri by 17Ebiscoo: 6:56pm On Apr 08, 2019
Reno Omokri in his usual fashion has taken to social media to tweet another controversial thought.

According to Reno, only failures dream of women with big backsides as this is a target of low life men.
In his words;

”Dear men, Big bosoms and backsides shouldn’t be your target. That is the target of low life men. If you want to go far in life, make big success your target. Hit that target and big EVERYTHING else will pursue you instead of you pursuing them”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/08/failures-are-the-only-ones-who-dream-of-women-with-big-behinds-reno-omokri/

Health / Why Women Should Not Wear Panties To Bed At Night – Microbiologist by 17Ebiscoo: 9:41am On Apr 08, 2019
A clinical microbiologist, Tony Mbume, has advised females to avoid wearing panties to bed at night in order to keep the vagina area dry throughout the night.

Naija News reports that Mbume gave this advice in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial city, on Sunday.

Mbume, who works with CIAGIN medical laboratory, Oke-Afa, Isolo, also urged women to stop wearing tight jeans, synthetic panties and leggings, to prevent vaginal infections.

The clinical microbiologist said most Nigerian females wear synthetic pants, leggings and tight jeans in the name of fashion, without considering the health implications.

He also urged women to stop wearing tight jeans, synthetic panties and leggings, to prevent vaginal infections.

According to him, synthetic underwear causes the vagina to ‘overheat’, which could disrupt its ecosystem.

Mbume said that underwear made of latex, nylon or polyester and synthetic materials could trap moisture and warmth, making the vagina vulnerable to infections.

“Synthetic panties can cause the vagina area to overheat and this can sometimes cause burning sores, itching or irritate the sensitive skin, as well as causing blisters,” said the microbiologist.

“The friction caused by walking in tight pants and jeans can irritate the skin, resulting in the formation of blisters.’’

He said vaginal burning and itching are usually accompanied by discharge and bad odour.

The microbiologist further said that such infections could be dangerous if left untreated, as it might lead to infertility due to damage of the reproductive organs.

Mbume, however, recommended cotton underwear, to ventilate the vagina and eliminate infections, adding that wearing cotton underwear helps to keep the vagina free of excessive moisture and allows the area to breathe.

“Use cotton menstrual pads too. Cotton absorbs excess moisture and removes buildup heat from the area. It is the only material that can become stronger when wet and is easily sterilised after use,” Mbume said.

“Avoid sleeping with pants at night, to keep the vagina area dry throughout the night.’’

The microbiologist said that the vagina should be protected from any form of diseases.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/08/why-women-should-not-wear-panties-to-bed-at-night-microbiologist/

1 Like

Celebrities / Kim Kardashian Is All Shades Of Sexy In New Photos by 17Ebiscoo: 1:18pm On Apr 06, 2019
Reality TV star Kim Kardashian has again has shared stunning new images of herself in a private jet as she modeled a fun pair of lace-up heels.

Kim donned a Chinese dress that featured a cut out in front and capped sleeves with a very short hem.

She had her hair down and finished off the look with a pink purse and neutral makeup.

The shoes looked far from comfortable as they did not tie at he top but rather just ended.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/06/kim-kardashian-is-all-shades-of-sexy-in-new-photos/

Politics / 2019 Polls, One Of The Best – Kabir by 17Ebiscoo: 7:48am On Apr 06, 2019
Shittu Mohammed Kabir, the presidential candidate of the Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) in the just-concluded general elections, speaks with MUYIWA OYINLOLA on why he recently led 30 other presidential candidates to appeal to Atiku Abubakar to drop his case against the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari

How do you appraise the just-concluded 2019 general elections?

For us, we believe there is no alternative to democracy. So far, we can see that there is no alternative to democracy, no matter how we conduct it, it must be seen as credible, free and fair. The majority will have their way and the minority will have their say. That is the game of democracy. In this regard, so far, so good, I want to commend Mr. President for being a statesman because this is the first time a president in this country will come out in a campaign and say, go and elect the candidate of your choice, irrespective of the party. So, we commend Mr. President for that. Although there were pockets of violence that led to inconclusive elections in some areas, despite that, we can see that 75 to 80 percent of the elections were peaceful. So, we adjudged the recent election as one of the best.

You can also see that this election reflects the wishes of the electorate. In those days, you could just write whatever figure in the Government House. But in this election, it was the votes of the people that were counted. That is one of the facts that gave credence to the election.

I am surprised you are saying this as a presidential candidate. It seems you are saying that President Buhari is the people’s choice. Are you saying you abide with the result of the election?

You can see the pattern of the election. You can see that the APC won in all of its strongholds, while the PDP maintained its strongholds. The only difference was the number, because in 2015, some people just went to the Government House and wrote the results. Whereas in this election, it is the people’s votes that count. That is why we have low numbers. We are not getting one to 10 million votes as before. That tells you that the election reflects the wish of the people. It is not an election that the results were written in Government Houses.

You and some other presidential candidates were trying to appeal to Alhaji Atiku Abubakar (of the PDP) to drop his case in court. How many are you and why did you do that?

There are 31 that are calling on Atiku to drop the case in court. The culture that was laid by former President Jonathan must be followed. Today, the culture is that when a winner is announced, you don’t waste time going to court, because, that precious time you spend in going to court would drag the country back and that time should be have been used for the development of the country. We are copying the US and Britain.

We know today that several people are resigning because of the issue of hacking. That does not tell Hillary to go to court, because it would hinder the development of the country. We are saying that Jonathan has laid a foundation, even before they finished counting of the votes, he gave up and congratulated the winner. Why now that somebody won with about 4million that want to go to court? What are you going to court for? Why don’t you wait because it’s about sportsmanship? And Atiku has served this country as a vice president and we know that he loves the country very well. Because we know that if he doesn’t love this country, he would not have contested. He contested to serve.

Since he contested to serve, and people chose another person. I think for the love he has for the country, he should just move on and start preparing for 2023.

You were a presidential candidate in the election, do you feel cheated?

I am very happy with the result. I am happy because I have made my mark. History will judge me that I contested and I was voted for but I fell within the area of the minority. And I can try again in 2023. Who tells you that I cannot be president of Nigeria in 2023? I have age on my side and I just love my country. Did I really want to serve or just to show off? If I want to serve and the people say wait, I will wait. Don’t forget that the incumbent president contested four times. Politics is about service and serving your country is not by force. You don’t force yourself on your country.

Therefore, I congratulate all other contestants for not going to court. I still urge Atiku Abubakar that for the love he has for this country, that the country has so much hope in him, that he may come out in 2023; to please withdraw the case in the court.

Is going to court undemocratic?

Why is it Britain that we copy this democracy from don’t go to court? It is a waste of resources and a waste of time. And it hinders developmental programmes of the government, as they will now concentrate on a court matter.

This same government has been in power for almost four years and people are complaining about hardship. Don’t you think that the next four years will be tough as the president himself confirmed?

Will you eat omelette without breaking the egg? The country must go through some process. Now we are talking about fighting corruption, building roads, railways and other developmental projects. There is no free money again for me and you to pick. What we should do is to mobilise ourselves and come to the term that the country must develop now. We should start looking at agriculture for development. We must take comparative advantage of what we have and what we have today is agriculture. We must ban the exportation of our raw materials. If they need our products, let them come to Nigeria and build the company here. In doing that, we will create job opportunities for our youths.

You are talking about agriculture at the time that other countries are talking about ICT.

That is what we have. Today, Japanese concentrates on technology. The Chinese takes advantage of industries and IT. Today, every IT project goes to India. Here, what we can take comparative advantage of is agriculture. Our Forefathers have been exporting the raw materials for decades. Let us stop it and invite them to bring the company to Nigeria

About 31 of you met. Are you the convener or what was your position?

I am the chairman for the presidential candidates in the last elections.

If you had been elected president, what would you have liked to do differently?

I will take comparative advantage of what my country has. I know we have agriculture and I will go to the world trade organisation to renegotiate our agreement with them. I will tell them if they need any raw materials in my country, they must bring their processing company to the country. If they need our crude oil, bring your refinery here. If you want my cocoa, bring your processing company here.

Now that you have advised Atiku to drop his case, what advice do you have for President Buhari?

He should now concentrate on developmental projects. He should focus more on building the Ajaokuta Steel Company, more railways, so that we can now be among the countries that produce steel. Without this, we are going nowhere.

One of the problems we had in the election was its over-militarization. Is this part of modern-day politics?

No. It is not part of it at all. What I know is that soldiers accompany voting materials when we have violence. We introduced that when I was chairman inter-party in the 2012 Electoral Offences Commission, in conjunction with International Republican Institute and National Democratic Institute. And Mr. President has sent that bill to the National Assembly, that is after eight years.

If that bill had been in place, we would not have had this violence because we would have taken out of INEC certain op matters like the issue of violence, police, and litigation. They would have been taken care of. INEC would now concentrate on how to put up electronic voting.

Another major challenge is that we have too many political parties. How do you react to the clamour for their reduction?

We can have one million political parties, but we can make it in a way that there will be a national party. You have a state party and also have local government parties.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/06/2019-polls-one-of-the-best-kabir/

Celebrities / Annie Idibia Shares Adorable Photos With Her Daughter by 17Ebiscoo: 9:28pm On Apr 05, 2019
Actress Annie Idibia stepped out in style today with her second daughter , Olivia Idibia.

The mum of two looked stylish in a jeans skirt and cropped top.Her daughter looked colourful in a pink polka dot and stripped dress.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/05/annie-idibia-shares-adorable-photos-with-her-daughter/

Business / Exxonmobil Targets $3b From Sale Of Nigeria Oil, Gas Fields by 17Ebiscoo: 8:36am On Apr 03, 2019
Oil major, Exxon Mobil, is planning to sell a suite of oil and gas fields in Nigeria as it focuses on new developments in the United States (U.S.) shale and Guyana, industry and banking sources said yesterday.

The potential disposals are expected to include stakes in onshore and offshore fields and could raise up to $3 billion, two sources told Reuters.

“Exxon is actively divesting in Nigeria,” one source who was briefed on the divestment plans said. Exxon declined to comment.

The Irving, Texas-based oil firm is one of the largest oil and gas producers in Nigeria, with 106 operated platforms. Its oil output in the West African country reached 225,000 barrels per day (bpd) in 2017, its website says.

Exxon officials have held talks in recent weeks with several Nigerian companies to gauge their interest in the fields.

One source said Exxon was due to open a “data room” – which would provide technical information on the fields, such as seismic and production details.

The discussions focused on a number of onshore fields Exxon is in joint ventures (JV) with Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) including oil mining leases (OMLs) 66, 68, 70 and 104. Exxon’s share of oil production in those fields reached 120,000 bpd in 2017, the last year for which data was available.

Exxon is also weighing the possible sale of stakes in offshore fields in Nigeria, two sources said.

It is looking into offering for sale assets in Equatorial Guinea and Chad, according to sources.

The Federal Government has in the last decade supported a drive-by domestic firms such as Oando, Seplat and privately held Aiteo to expand their operations in the country as international companies including Royal Dutch Shell sought to lower their presence due to oil spills resulting from pipeline sabotage.

Exxon recently launched the sale of its stake in Azerbaijan’s largest oilfield, which would mark its retreat from the former Soviet state after 25 years.

It announced earlier this year plans to boost its capital spending from $26 billion in 2018 to $30 billion in 2019 and up to $35 billion next year as it seeks to develop oilfields in Guyana and the U.S. Permian basin as well as gas projects in Mozambique and the U.S. Gulf Coast.

In an analyst presentation last month, Exxon said it would accelerate its divestments to around $15 billion by 2021.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/03/exxonmobil-targets-3b-from-sale-of-nigeria-oil-gas-fields/

Politics / Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by 17Ebiscoo: 8:12am On Apr 02, 2019
The Vice Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the February 23, presidential election, Mr Peter Obi, has warned ahead of resumption of collation of results in Rivers State that the will of the people must be allowed to prevail.

Obi said that the needless stretch of Rivers people can only be compensated if their will is allowed to prevail in all elective positions in the state.

The VP candidate said that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) should see the collation of results in Rivers State as a huge opportunity for them to trying cleaning up their dented image that arose from their questionable handling of the February 23 and March 9 presidential and gubernatorial polls respectively.

Obi said that the people of Rivers State should not have been subjected to the agony of waiting for more than 20 days before hearing their results, but it happened because power found their way into the hands of some rascals who flagrantly abused it.

According to a statement from his media office released on Monday in Abuja, Obi said that the militarisation of the election in Rivers and other South South states remain the sour side of 2019 general election for which the image of the country suffered grossly.

The former Anambra State Governor said that Rivers state is so critical to the economic and political development of the country that a serious government should not contribute to its destabilisation because of attendant far reaching implications to the fragile national economy.

Obi noted said that aside the fact that Rivers state is a traditional PDP state, the performance of its gubernatorial flagbearer Bar Neyesom Wike in the last four years makes it imperative that no party would be able to compete effectively in the state.

Obi saluted the resilience of the Rivers people and urged them “to remain resolute until their will prevails” as INEC resumes the collation of results today, Tuesday, April 2, 2019.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/02/rivers-let-the-will-of-the-people-prevail-obi-%e2%80%a2says-rivers-too-critical-to-be-disrupted/

2 Likes

Politics / 9th Assembly: North Central Dares APC by 17Ebiscoo: 1:08pm On Apr 01, 2019
As the race for the Speaker of the House of Representatives in the 9th Assembly heats up, the Chairman of the House Committee on Maritime Safety and Education, Hon Mohammed Umaru Bago, a returning member of the House of Representatives from Niger state on Sunday declared his intention to vie for the slot in the next dispensation.

The leadership of the APC had earlier zoned the position to the South-West Zone and adopted the house leader Hon Femi Gbajabiamila as the choice of the party for the position.

However addressing newsmen at his Campaign Headquarters in Abuja yesterday, Hon Bago declared that he was coming out to slug it out this time around to correct the “injustice” the North Central zone has continued to suffer in the country’s balance of power, lamenting that the Zone had never produced either the Speaker or the Deputy since advent of democracy in the country 20 years ago.

Hon Bago who had been in political camp of President Muhammad Buhari all along stated the party had no basis for insisting on a zone that has serially dominated governance in the last 20 years, saying: “What’s the southwest’s contribution to the party’s victory in the last elections compared to that of the North Central? the North Central zone had over 500, 000 votes higher, the records are there for verification.”

According to him, “as such, we deserve the position, not only as a state but also as a zone. So nobody can say he wants to expel us from this party. And no one will singlehandedly take over the structure of the legislature as well as the party.

“Apart from the zoning argument, if you say the South must get something, why insist on South West, why not South-South or the South East?

“But then, in terms of representation in the party and government, the South-South has the chairmanship of the party, and the Southwest has VP, what does North Central have? Nothing, so, in the interest of equity, justice and fair play, the party should allow the North Central to have the slot in the dispensation.”

While citing section 14 subsections 1;1C;3 and 4 of the constitution as amended, Bago said, “the North West, South West and North East have all produced 5 different speakers between them.

“The South-South, North East, South East and South West have also produced 5 deputy speakers among themselves since 1999. What does the North Central has in the entire equation, and they want us to keep mute? Who’s speaking for the zone that has never been recognised for keeping faith with the party?

“Despite all the crisis and challenges bedevilling the zone under the APC administration, we stayed the course for the party and the president, delivering more than 70 per cent of votes cast.”

On how he would secure the support of the majority of members to secure the seat, Bago stated he intended to collaborate with his colleagues from Niger State and members from the Zone to reach out to the members who also have the belief that the North Central Zone had actually been marginalised for too long.

Also speaking, the Director General of Campaign Organisation and a former member of the House, Hon. Bimbo Daramola stressed the need for the APC to uphold equity in its power-sharing arrangements among the six geo-political zones in the country and be guided by the party’s constitution of the country.

According to him,”we are at this point today where a father who has six children with an equal number of meat in the plate decides to give four to three and asked the remaining three to share two. It’s only a wicked father who does that. Equity demands that when someone has worked very hard, he should be compensated for his hard work.

“Today, the difference between the votes from North Central and Southwest is about 500,000, and nobody seems to be speaking for the zone on the issue of who’s best suitable for the position of speaker, and I say without any equivocation that Hon. Bago is best suited for the post.

“Supporting Hon Bago is also like a Public Relations stunt for the President who has said he’s youth-friendly because Bago is an embodiment of everything youthful, his credentials are of no equal and as white as Sloane.

“He has also stayed with Buhari even when he was nobody working in the Buhari Campaign Organisation TBO – up to the formation of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), and the only one to win election from Niger state under CPC.”

He assured the public declaration of Hon Bago would be done soon.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/01/9th-assembly-north-central-dares-apc/

Politics / Senate Yet To Get Proposal On How FG Will Spend $350m Abacha Loot by 17Ebiscoo: 11:59am On Mar 31, 2019
• As Reps Panel Probes Funding Of TraderMoni
• NASS Confirms Budget For TraderMoni, Others

The controversial TraderMoni scheme through which the Federal Government disburses funds to petty traders is actually part of the entire budget for the National Social Investment Programmes (NSIP).

The Danjuma Goje-led Senate Committee on Appropriation confirmed that funds for NSIP are captured in the Service Wide Vote for the Presidency.

The NSIP include N-Power, National Home-Grown School Feeding Programme (NHGSFP), National Cash Transfer Project (NCTP), and Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP).

GEEP comprises MarketMoni, FarmerMoni and TraderMoni through which credit facilities are made available to micro-businesses.

A source in the committee disclosed that so far, the team was told that the entire NSIP had gulped over N30bn since it was introduced in 2016.

The committee could, however, not confirm whether or not the Federal Government had submitted any proposal on how it intended spending the $350m Abacha loot.

Some lawmakers had faulted the executive arm of government’s decision to share the money to the poor and vulnerable persons.

The Federal Government, last year, announced that the money would be used on its Conditional Cash Transfer scheme to support the poor.

However, the House of Representatives Committee on Finance is going ahead with its probe of how the Presidency sourced monies to prosecute the TraderMoni loan scheme.

The Committee is set to raise the issue when it interfaces with officials of the Federal Ministry of Finance and their counterpart in the Presidency overseeing the programme on the 2019 budget defence session during the week.

Chairman of the House Committee on Finance, Mr. Babangida Ibrahim, who made this known, however, believed that the funds might have been approved by the National Assembly under NSIP.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/03/31/senate-yet-to-get-proposal-on-how-fg-will-spend-350m-abacha-loot/

Celebrities / Model Adetutu Berates Simi For Using Derogatory ‘tribal’ Lyrics by 17Ebiscoo: 8:32am On Mar 31, 2019
Nigerian model, Adetutu, has called out singer, Simi for using a derogatory ‘tribal’ lyric in her cover of the trending #FvckyouChallange song.

According to Adetutu, Simi’s choice to use the phrase: “sè mo kòlá ní” which can be translated from the Yoruba Language as Do I look stupid?, is quite derogatory.

She wrote:

I have tribal marks and I really do appreciate it now because it’s my tribal marks and a lifetime heritage. Listening to @symplysimi #fvckyouchallenge reminds me of what I have been hearing ever since I was wise enough to know when people are passing insults to people with tribal marks.

Mostly said by some of my Yoruba people, “sè mo kòlá ní” means do I look like an idiot/stupid? People with tribal marks are not daft or stupid, I don’t care if they have been saying for long but it is not a right thing to say

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/03/31/model-adetutu-berates-simi-for-using-derogatory-tribal-lyrics/

Politics / 2019: Atiku, Secondus, Saraki Send Amazing Message To Buhari, INEC by 17Ebiscoo: 5:36pm On Jan 14, 2019
National chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Prince Uche Secondus has warned the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Idris Ibrahim, to desist from plunging the nation into unnecessary chaos by attempting to subvert the mandate of the people in the forthcoming general elections.

Secondus who expressed optimism that his party would win the Presidential poll of February 16 added that the reason President Mohammadu Buhari has failed to fulfil his promises of job creation, fighting insecurity and surmounting the challenge of corruption is because he is too weak to rule a country as complex as Nigeria.

He,therefore, urged the people of Ekiti and Nigerians as a whole to vote PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, saying: “Do you know why the economy has collapsed?, Do you know why hunger is in the land? Your President, Buhari is a sleeping President, he has no energy that is why the economy has collapsed, we are coming with Atiku who has energy and can work 24 hours a ,day not the one that would work for three years. This government of APC wants to rig election but we want to tell you that they cannot rig the coming elections because the world will focus on Nigeria. So we are going to win this election, look at Atiku, he is tested and trusted in public and private sectors. He is a man that can turn the economy around. And he has the energy for the job.

“INEC, all your plan to rig the election will fail. If you attempt to rig the polls, you will be throwing the country into chaos. IGP, you aren’t the first IGP of this nation, don’t plunge the nation into chaos. It is going to be one man one vote, free and fair election,” he said.

Also speaking, Atiku who assured Ekiti people that he would not abandon them like the ruling party has allegedly done, said: “The good people of Ekiti state, APC has stolen all your jobs, now they want to steal your votes, they did it in Ekiti and Osun, Ogun, Bauchi, they even stole in Kastina where they come from, I don’t know why they have to steal in their home. This state has always been a PDP. When we paid a courtesy call to Ewi of Ado, he said he wants us to build the roads , we will complete all federal projects not completed, we will restore standard and quality education, so we can give you jobs, APC don’t know how to create jobs and don’t know how to give you, 40 per cent of our portfolios will go to youths while 30 per cent will go to women and that is 70 for youths and women. We know how to do it and we have done it before, we will do it again,” he assured.

The Senate President, Bukola Saraki who was welcomed into the hugely crowded campaign venue with deafening applause, also urged the people, particularly the youths to vote Atiku because: ” He will give you jobs as he has given millions through his private business.”

He continued: “There is no story, youths you are the future we need, a leader has to make good his promises but Buhari promised you jobs, security and to fight corruption, has he fulfilled his promises, No! to do all these you must know how to do it. Atiku is a man who knows how to create jobs, secure the country and also fight corruption.”

Promising his party the Ekiti peoples’ votes, immediate past governor of the state, Ayo Fayose , said: “In Ekiti we will deliver, he that the gods will destroy, he will first make to run mad, that is the case of the current Federal Government, but PDP will deliver Nigeria from their poverty and misrule,” he said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/14/2019-atiku-secondus-saraki-send-amazing-message-buhari-inec/

Politics / Atiku To Revamp 24m Businesses Crippled By Buhari by 17Ebiscoo: 8:52am On Jan 14, 2019
Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has perfected templates with which to revamp about 24 million businesses, allegedly crippled by the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.

The former vice president said he will put millions of Nigerians, who have lost their jobs under the Buhari administration back to work.

The Peoples Democratic Party Presidential Campaign Organisation (PPCO), which stated this on Sunday, added that the templates would ensure massive job creation and business opportunities for Nigerians immediately Atiku was elected into office as President.

PPCO, in a statement by Kola Ologbondiyan, its Director, Media and Publicity, said the templates were predicated on Atiku’s staunch confidence in Nigerians as hard working people, with immense potentials to thrive in all fields of endeavor, given the right opportunity and conducive business environment.

It continued: “Part of the initiative, as already laid out in Atiku Abubakar’s economy recovery plan is to facilitate the establishment of a Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Venture Capital Fund, which in collaboration with the private sector, will provide longer-term capital for targeted small firms across the states of the federation in various sectors of our economy.

“This initiative by Atiku Abubakar will attract a minimum of N90 billion ($250 million) of direct private sector funding for Nigerians in small and medium businesses with strategic windows for increased production and grin various sectors of the economy.

“This is in addition to a Financial Innovation Fund, with which Atiku Abubakar targets to incenticise commercial, micro-finance banks and other financial institutions for innovative solutions for credit to hard working Nigerians in small and medium businesses across our country.

“To ensure a seamless system, the plan articulates the establishment of a platform for de-risking SME lending and increasing the SMEs funding window from N200 billion to N500 billion, as well as simplify the collateral registration process to unlock much needed finance for SMEs.

“This is in addition to the plan to reform and re-introduce the Small-scale Industries and Graduate Loan Guarantee, as well as the Small-Scale Industrial Credit Scheme among others to reduce stress on beneficiary businesses to thrive.

“This critical focus on the SMEs, where a greater population of Nigerians engage in various sectors, captures Atiku Abubakar’s plan to ensure rapid stimulation of the economy at the base, as well as accelerate the growth of the real sector of the economy to open up self and wage-paying job opportunities.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/14/atiku-revamp-24m-businesses-crippled-buhari/

Politics / Walter Onnoghen: Wike Talks Tough, Reveals What Buhari Will Do If He Loses by 17Ebiscoo: 12:28am On Jan 14, 2019
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has revealed that the President Muhammadu Buhari was planning to do to Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Walter Onnoghen what he (Buhari) did to former President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015.

In a strong worded statement he shared on Twitter, Sunday evening, Wike alleged that Buhari was doing anything to muscle power by all means.

Wike said that President Buhari will not handover power if he loses the presidential election.

Reacting to the plan by the presidency to arraign the CJN before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT on Monday, Wike said the Nigerian Government was waging war against the Niger Delta.

Wike wrote, “Charges concocted by the Buhari administration against the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) are aimed at frightening the Judiciary, ahead of the planned manipulation of the polls.

“The concocted charges against the Chief Justice Of Nigeria are targeted at the Niger Delta, same way they muzzled former President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Since 1960 when Nigeria gained independence, for the first time in 2011, a Niger Delta person became the President. The entire country ganged up against him. They gave excuses and denied us a second term.

“We did not fight. We did not shed blood. He said his ambition was not worth the blood of any Nigerian and they called him a weak man.

“Since 1960, no Niger Delta person has been the Chief Justice of Nigeria.

“When it came to his own time to be appointed the Chief Justice of Nigeria politics came in. They were not willing to appoint him. It was God that created the circumstances.

“The President was sick and was flown out. That was how Onoghen became the Chief Justice of Nigeria.

“Now, because they believe that the Niger Delta is not part of this country, they have come again with all kinds of stories.

“They think they are talking to small children. Fabricated stories and said he did not declare his assets in 2011.

“Step aside for who take over? We must know whether or not we belong to this country. Enough is enough. I have never seen people who are so desperate to cling to power.

“When they came before to attack the judiciary, I raised alarm. I told them what they were doing is part of their future plan. Unfortunately, NBA did not realise it. They chickened out and gave out their judges, not knowing that the lion is still waiting somewhere to complete the assignment.

“They have INEC and the security agencies. They have plotted how to rig the elections. But they have not been able to gag the judiciary.

“In order for them to consolidate in their rigging machinery, they want to gag the judiciary . The only that they want to do is to intimidate the judiciary.

“They know and the law is clear. You cannot try any judge except the National Judicial Council approves.

“They know they cannot try the CJN. But all they are doing is to cause embarassment. Put fear in all the judges.

“An Attorney General who calls himself an Attorney General will sit and file such charges against the Chief Justice of Nigeria one month to the general election.

“What kind of crisis are they setting up. They want to cause crisis in the judiciary and they think everyone should keep quiet?

“The extreme manipulation of the system and the enthronement of a culture of impunity by the Buhari administration will not augur well for the country.

“Nigeria will resist any attempt to truncate this democracy. With what I am seeing with this present government, because they are smelling defeat, they are not likely to hand over if they lose. Mark it today.

“If they lose, they will prefer something funny to happen. Anybody that does that will face the consequences. Now they are pushing people to the wall. Be careful how you deny people their mandate. Allow people’s votes to count.

“We are no longer in a democracy. This system is worse than the military. Even under the military, opinions of the people count.

“Any security personnel plotting evil against Rivers State will face God’s judgment and punishment.”

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2019/01/13/walter-onnoghen-gov-wike-talks-tough-reveals-buhari-will-loses-election/amp/

80 Likes 4 Shares

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Go Seven Points Clear Again, As Chelsea Tighten Grip On Top-four Spot by 17Ebiscoo: 7:18am On Jan 13, 2019
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp hailed his side’s maturity as Premier League contenders after breaking down an obdurate Brighton thanks to Mohamed Salah’s 50th-minute penalty in a 1-0 win on Saturday.

Klopp’s men had lost their last two games in very contrasting fashion as Manchester City inflicted Liverpool’s only Premier League defeat of the campaign nine days ago before a much-changed side lost in the FA Cup to Wolves.

Liverpool were far from their fluent best on England’s south coast, but ground out a vital win to move seven points clear of City, who are in action at home to Wolves on Monday, thanks to a 13th clean sheet in 22 league games this season.

“We are not the Harlem Globetrotters, we have to deliver results,” said Klopp on the need to respond to defeat at City.

“For that, we need to perform. The performance was good. It was not the best performance of the season in a few departments but I would say it was the most mature performance of the season.

“It’s so important. On the good days everybody can win; on average days not a lot of teams can win football games and, on a bad day, only a few can win.

“Today was not a bad day but it was a difficult day because Brighton is doing really well.”

Meanwhile, Maurizio Sarri warned his Chelsea stars to improve their mentality after Willian’s sublime strike sealed a hard-fought 2-1 win over struggling Newcastle on Saturday.

Sarri’s side took the lead through Pedro’s early goal, but Ciaran Clark snatched a shock equaliser before half-time.

With Chelsea fans beginning to lose patience at their team’s latest spluttering home display, Willian lifted the mood in the nick of time with his superb second-half curler.

Fourth-placed Chelsea have won five of their last seven league matches and sit six points clear of fifth-placed Arsenal, who lost at West Ham earlier on Saturday.

But, while Chelsea remain in control of the race to qualify for the Champions League, this was a far from convincing performance.

Labouring to beat third-bottom Newcastle showed how far Chelsea have to go to bridge the gap in class to leaders Liverpool and champions Manchester City.

Sarri admitted he was frustrated with the way Chelsea took their foot off the gas after the opening goal.

“We started well for 10 minutes but after the goal we thought ‘now it is easy’, but it wasn’t,” Sarri said.

“We slept for 25 minutes and then we were in trouble. We were better in the second half but we need to improve the mental reaction.

“It is very difficult to understand. We stopped playing and then we had problems.”

Sarri also revealed he has told Chelsea’s hierarchy he needs a new midfielder to replace Cesc Fabregas, who joined Monaco on Friday.

“Jorginho was in trouble and on the bench there wasn’t a player for that position. I need an option for that position,” he sad.

“The club knows very well my opinion. It depends on the club decision. I cannot do anything more.”

Another winter of discontent is brewing for Newcastle, wo have won only once in their last nine league games.

The Magpies’ 18 points is their lowest tally after 22 matches of a top-flight season since they were relegated in 1988-89.

“We have to be better than three teams and if we play like today we can do it,” Benitez said of Newcastle’s relegation battle.

Tuesday’s 1-0 defeat against Tottenham in the League Cup semi-final first leg was the latest display of attacking impotence from misfiring Chelsea, who had failed to score in their last two home league games.

But it took only nine minutes for the Blues to go in front as Newcastle’s five-man defence was carved open with ease.

A fine long pass from Chelsea defender David Luiz caught Clark flat-footed.

Pedro timed his run behind Clark perfectly and held off the centre-back’s weak attempt to recover as he lofted a delicate chip over Newcastle keeper Martin Dubravka for his seventh goal of the season.

Chelsea dominated possession in the first half-hour, but they switched off at the back as Newcastle almost snatched an equaliser.

Masterful finish

Salomon Rondon flicked a header towards Ayoze Perez and he accelerated away from Antonio Rudiger, only to shoot woefully wide with just Kepa Arrizabalaga to beat.

It was a warning that Sarri’s men failed to heed and in the 40th minute Newcastle were level.

Matt Ritchie curled over an out-swinging corner and Clark muscled past Luiz to power a superb header past Kepa from 12 yards.

Once again, Sarri stubbornly stuck to his experiment with Eden Hazard as Chelsea’s central striker despite the Belgian star’s dislike of the tactic.

Hazard has now scored just four times in his last 17 games, suggesting he is much more effective in his natural role on the flanks.

With frustration mounting, a misplaced pass by Jorginho triggered angry moans from Chelsea fans, who booed the team off at half-time.

The atmosphere was on the verge of turning even more toxic until Willian came to the rescue in the 57th minute.

Teed up by Hazard, at last, making an incisive burst, Willian cut back inside two Newcastle defenders on the left side of the area before curling a masterful finish into the far corner.

•Based on separate reports by AFP. Photo shows Chelsea’s Brazilian midfielder Willian (R) vies with Newcastle United’s Spanish striker Ayoze Perez during the English Premier League football match between Chelsea and Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge in London on January 12, 2019. Adrian DENNIS / AFP

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/13/liverpool-go-seven-points-clear-chelsea-tighten-grip-top-four-spot-win-newcastle/

Foreign Affairs / Obama’s Protege Set To Join 2020 Presidential Race by 17Ebiscoo: 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2019
Former mayor of San Antonio, Texas and Obama-era cabinet member Julian Castro is expected Saturday to launch his bid to become the nation’s first Hispanic president, scheduling his announcement in a border state central to America’s immigration debate.

Castro would become the most high-profile Democrat to date to officially enter the 2020 race, which is expected to include a diverse field of candidates eager to challenge President Donald Trump.

But the 44-year-old would be among the underdogs in a political showdown that may well feature heavyweights like former vice president Joe Biden, US senators Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders and Kamala Harris, and perhaps even billionaire businessman Michael Bloomberg.

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii, a progressive Democrat, said Friday she will officially announce her presidential run in the coming days.

Castro’s strong oratory skills, experience as Barack Obama’s housing secretary and as mayor of the nation’s seventh largest city, not to mention his telegenic charisma, could help propel the Texas native into the top tier.

He would also become the third prominent Latino presidential candidate in four years, after Republican senators, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio fought Trump for their party’s nomination in 2016.

Castro’s candidacy could also help revive Democratic enthusiasm among Latino voters, who supported Hillary Clinton but at a lower rate than Obama.

Trump made immigration a flashpoint of that race, and it remains among the nation’s most contentious issues. The US government remains locked in a partial shutdown, soon to begin its fourth week, over Trump’s demand for $5.7 billion in border wall funding.

A “great guy”

Castro’s national profile took off in 2012 when he became the first Latino to give a keynote address at the Democratic National Convention.

Four years later he was a finalist to be Clinton’s running mate.

Castro, a fierce Trump critic, is a third generation American. Last year he said he probably would not be in the United States if today’s strict immigration policies were in place when Castro’s grandmother crossed the border as a young girl in 1922.

In his convention speech Castro highlighted “an unlikely journey” that he has lived, including growing up with twin brother Joaquin, who is a US congressman. The phrase became the title of his new memoir that was published last month.

He has kept the contents of his announcement secret, but he is widely expected to reveal his White House ambitions.

“I’ll tell you and I’ll tell the world what I’m going to do,” he said this week on MSNBC.

Castro does not yet have the national recognition of luminaries Biden, Sanders and Warren.

Dena Grayson, a Democratic strategist, said Castro is a “great guy” and “phenomenal public speaker” who has potential broad appeal in states with large numbers of Hispanic voters, like California, Texas and Florida.

But standing out in a crowded field will be “difficult,” Grayson added. (AFP)

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/12/obamas-protege-set-join-2020-presidential-race/

Politics / Nigeria Spends N2.7tn On Infrastructure by 17Ebiscoo: 11:20am On Jan 12, 2019
The High Level Stakeholders Retreat on Public Private Partnership (PPP) has heard that Nigeria spent N2.7 trillion on infrastructure development in the last three years.

At the meeting in Uyo on Friday, Ms Imeh Okon, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Infrastructure, of the sum, N100 billion has been injected into rail projects.

“What we have done as a government is to go back to the 25-year Master Plan on the rail sector. All what you are seeing right now is in terms of rail infrastructure as a result of the Master plan that was on ground.”

She said that the essence of the retreat was to bring stakeholders together to deliberate and develop on policies that would be suitable for the country.

She said that the Federal Government was committed to the development of infrastructure in the country, adding that infrastructural development would enhance growth.

The Presidential Aide, however, said that revenue generation was a major challenge since the country depended on oil for revenue and the price of oil was not stable in the international market.

“The challenge we have seen is revenue; because we are largely dependent on oil to generate revenue and the price of oil has affected government spending.

“So, we are going to partner with the private sector to develop most of our priority infrastructure projects.”

Mr Chidi Izuwah, the Acting Director-General, Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC), noted that infrastructure deficit was the major challenge to the nation’s development.

According to him, increase in infrastructure will boost prosperity, growth and peace in the country.

Izuwah said that the Ibom Deep Seaport being a PPP project would come to reality on or before April 2019.

“Ibom Deep Seaport is a PPP project that is going to bring 2.5 billion dollars of investment and change the landscape of infrastructure in the country.

“It will have solutions to traffic congestion in Lagos port because those goods that normally go to Lagos will come here.

“I can assure you before April, the contract for Ibom Deep Seaport will be signed and the approved consortium will start immediately.

“The President is committed to developing infrastructure, without infrastructure, we cannot have inclusive growth and development.

“The stakeholders conference is to re-define our strategies and create investment to develop infrastructure across all parts of Nigeria,” Izuwah said.

In his opening remarks, Mr Gabriel Aduda, the Permanent Secretary, Political and Economic Affairs, Office of the Secretary to the Federal Government, said that the retreat was organised to discuss infrastructure improvement delivery framework in Nigeria.

Aduda added that the retreat was also put together to examine the legal and operational framework for infrastructure development in the country. (NAN)

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/12/nigeria-spends-n2-7tn-infrastructure/

Politics / JUST IN: Tinubu Faults Reports On Illness, Disquiet In APC Campaign Council by 17Ebiscoo: 4:17am On Jan 12, 2019
The National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, has described as “fake news,” the story making the round that he recently collapsed as a result of ill -health.

Reports in a section of the media had it that Tinubu slumped, collapsed and was rushed to the National Hospital in Abuja shortly after he was appointed as Co-Chairman of the President Buhari Campaign Council during the week.

Fielding questions from reporters at the Lagos Governor’s lodge in Abuja shortly after he met with Southwest traditional rulers, Tinubu also faulted notions that the absence of APC governors during the inaugural meeting of the campaign council had to do with perceived disquiet in the ranks of party’s chieftains.

Asked to respond to the issues, he simply retorted: “Fake news. Whoever is manufacturing it, you better not believe them. That is negative and fake news too. “The point is, the governors had to stay back home because we all don’t have to converge in one place to decide certain modalities when we can easily go back to them on what was discussed and what we expect from your state. That is what we call structuring in an election.”He described the visit by the traditional rulers led by Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, as an attestation that they had endorsed the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari.

“I am very happy and proud of the very promising situation. When you have the endorsement of your royal fathers, it means you have the people with you and the voice of the people is the voice of God. I am elated.“The royal fathers spoke of the need for a peace election. When you have the belief that you can get a proper result, you work hard because you want peace. When you believe that you can win, you don’t want violence.

“We all love our children, our brothers and our followers and none of us would want our followers to become sacrificial lambs. We won’t encourage violent disruption of any election, because we are confidence of winning. Those who are crying wolf before the election have already accepted defeat, as far as I am concerned.”He accused the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate and former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, of conniving with former President Olusegun Obasanjo to deny Lagos State its statutory allocations aimed at undermining the state.

“When we led a protest to Atiku then, he said, ‘go away. Go and comply. Without those allocation, you cannot bring development.’“When we said we needed power to power Lagos and the industrial base in our region, they said no. They were taking away N250 million from our allocation every month for being innovative and creative. Everywhere we turn, they rejected us and punished us. “But we never gave up. Today, we are in that progressive development championed and led by Buhari.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/12/just-tinubu-faults-reports-illness-disquiet-apc-campaign-council/

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Why Governors Were Absent At Buhari’s Campaign Council Meeting — APC by 17Ebiscoo: 3:08pm On Jan 11, 2019
The ruling All Progressives Congress APC has defended its governors over their absence at Thursday’s meeting of its Presidential Campaign Council at the State House in Abuja.

The party which was reacting to queries regarding the absence of the governors said it was not mandatory for the state chief executives to attend the meeting which it said was only meant to design a timetable and the central messages of the campaign.

According to the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, the meeting was also not an inaugural one, saying the council had met at least three times since it was inaugurated on Monday by President Muhammadu Buhari.

“The agenda for the meeting had to do with drawing the timetable and deciding on the messaging. It didn’t require everyone in the council to be present.

Meanwhile, this is not the inaugural meeting. After the inauguration on Monday, there have been not less than three meetings of the council”, said Issa-Onilu.

There were concerns Thursday afternoon about the absence of the governors, fuelling speculations that they could be bogged down by their own campaigns in their various states.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/11/governors-absent-buharis-campaign-council-meeting-apc/

Politics / Bayelsa Posts N13.6bn IGR, Vows To Intensify Efforts To Improve Revenue In 2019 by 17Ebiscoo: 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
The Bayelsa State Government on Thursday posted a total of N13.6 billion as its annual Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) for last year, as against the N4.5bn realised in 2012.

The state Deputy Governor, Rear Admiral Gboribiogha John Jonah (Retd.), disclosed this in Government House, Yenagoa, during the monthly transparency briefing for November and December 2018.

The Deputy Governor, according to a statement by the Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Daniel Iworiso-Markson, attributed the improvement in the state IGR level to prudent and painstaking measures put in place by the Governor Dickson-led administration to boost the revenue profile of the state in the last seven years.

Rear Admiral John Jonah, however, said the present administration is still not satisfied with the current IGR, and therefore, intensifying efforts to improve on its revenue drive, particularly in the area of tax collection.

His words: “Our target was to be able to take care of half of salary obligations from tax receipts. We have not been able to meet that target but we have been able to make real progress.

“We are intensifying efforts as our tax drive is still going on. If we are able to increase the IGR level, even if the allocation from the federal level falls very low, we should be able to pay salaries without any stress.”

Giving account of the income and expenditure profile of the state for the month of December 2018, he announced a gross inflow of N15bn from the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC).

This amount, according to the deputy Governor, includes 13% derivation of N8.9bn, statutory allocation of N3bn, foreign exchange equalisation N2bn, Value Added Tax N898 million, and refunds from other states N57.5m.

Total FAAC deductions gulped N1.5bn, comprising restructured commercial bank loans of N741m, bond N421m, refund of overpayment of 13% derivation to other states N128m and Excess Crude Account Facility of N126m.

He put the total funds available for spending in December at N15bn made up of net FAAC inflow of N13.6bn, November IGR of N1.4bn and refund from local government salary bailout refund, N16m.

On the outflows, Rear Admiral John Jonah said government spent a total of N6.3bn, comprising bank loans of N2bn, salaries of civil servants and political appointees N3.2bn, and grant to tertiary institutions, N630m.

Other expenditure items include; Christmas bonus N238m, 10% contribution to primary school teachers’ salary payment N45m, and NYSC members allowance of N40m.

According to the deputy Governor, funds available at the end of December stood at N4bn while recurrent and capital payments amounted to N11bn.

Earlier, he said the state received a Net FAAC inflow of N13.6bn and expended a total of N6.6bn for the month of November last year.

In his remarks, Commissioner Iworiso-Markson expressed satisfaction with the achievements recorded by the Governor Dickson-led administration in the area of infrastructural development.

He said the effective implementation of policies and programmes, including the monthly transparency briefing has continued to earn Governor Dickson accolades and awards from reputable media organisations.

Mr Iworiso-Markson, who lauded media practitioners for their support and contributions towards the success of the present administration in the last seven years, urged them to maintain the kind gesture for the benefit of the state.

•Photo by Michael Owi shows, From Right; Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, Rear Admiral Gboribiogha John Jonah Retd, acting Head of Service, Bayelsa State, Mr. Luka Obiri, Hon. Commissioner for Information & Orientation, Bayelsa State, Mr. Daniel Iworiso-Markson, and his Women and Children Affairs counterpart, Mrs Martha Janakumo, during the State Monthly Transparency Briefing, for the months of November and December, 2018, at the Government House, Yenagoa.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/10/bayelsa-posts-n13-6bn-igr-vows-intensify-efforts-improve-revenue-2019/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (of 7 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.