Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:57 PM

Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? (29413 Views)

Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? / What Will Be The Fate Of Those Mentally Challenged on Judgement Day? / How Do Mentally Ill People Praise God ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by freecocoa(f): 10:20am On Jul 06, 2014
busuyem: Mantally deranged people can never go to heaven in anyway because they're possessed of the evil spirit of madness which is a demon. What makes a man make heaven is the Holy Spirit that comes to reside in him at salvation, Who will live in him forever. A man having deemon residing in Him will never make heaven when died or at rapture.
So you are basically saying they'd rot in hell for doing something they were unaware of, how wonderful.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by freecocoa(f): 10:21am On Jul 06, 2014
iam_ord: if Christian's read the book of Enoch .. it will change the way they see things and shake their faith cos of its contents .. that's why the brainwashing elites did not add it to the bible
Where can I get the book?
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by skillet(m): 10:23am On Jul 06, 2014
I have known you for a while, and you have always "slowly drifted towards agnosticim". Drift finally kwanu. Let us know where you are. All i said was: "dont generalise" it nothing to get emotiional over. Sorry if my language was harsh. Was unintentional.

freecocoa: Here is another reason why I keep asking questions, just how am I supposed to be a good christian with all these division?

Little wonder I'm slowly drifting towards Agnosticism.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by freecocoa(f): 10:24am On Jul 06, 2014
JustCare:
you only need conviction not believing!
we can talk about the Bible with regard to many instances of the idealogy of reincarnation but I ain't here for that...I don't wanna subject your Biblical beliefs to...
okay... before I digress, you just need to think outside the box! like I said before reason logically ...rationality is in you!
My biblical beliefs are already being subjected to...(Even as a child( else I won't be asking questions, conviction which will lead me to believing is what I'm looking for, isn't it obvious?
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by malvisguy212: 10:24am On Jul 06, 2014
fairheven:
How does a mentally ill person know tlwt it means to ask God for healing?
once in your life you are doing fine, but when the enemy strick you fall mentally unstable, the enemy succeed in you because there is no Christ in you, it is now left for the church to acts fast.

GENESIS 1:27. AND GOD CREATED MAN IN HIS IMAGE AND LIKENESS. This verse was telling us that we are god like. until the day you know who you are, the enemy will keep on triumph over you. Thank you
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Revolva(m): 10:25am On Jul 06, 2014
see i keep telling people there is no heaven nor hellwhen we die ..no judgement..at all..ok..this life is just a passage ..thats all
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by iamord(m): 10:27am On Jul 06, 2014
freecocoa: Where can I get the book?
research about it on the net and u will find it.. the real copy is hidden..
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Wokeyim(f): 10:28am On Jul 06, 2014
Tolexander: talking about the scripture, the mental illness isn't as defined as it is today. The bible talked about many illness and demon possessed beings, but i've never seen in the bible where mental illness is as 'medically' defined.
A related but not similar case is when Cain was made a wanderer after killing his brother, Abel in Genesis 4 vs 11-12. And also King Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 4.

Pls house, talking about Tolexander's post above I have an important question that needs answers. While not trying to be deviant, I was asked this question but could not answer it. Who created Cain's wife? We are told in Genesis 4 that Adam and Eve met and birthed Cain and Abel. Cain killed Abel and wandered off to another land were he married and bore children. Who did he marry since the first creation was Adam and Eve who then birthed Cain and Abel?

1 Like

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by malvisguy212: 10:28am On Jul 06, 2014
usmanktg2: Alhamdulillahi
Abeg Christians no vex!
I have read all the answers given here and none of these answers seems to be fair judgement or absolutely correct & balance within all aspects of life.

I swear today, my steadfastness have increased in Islam.
Only and yes only Islam will give a perfect answer that will suffice and outlaw all answers given from post 1 to post 100. inshaAllah, I will compile a complete answer to this, which I am going to source from different Islamic books.
A'nt Allah already made it clear in the quran where what will be the faith of all muslims? Hell
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by freecocoa(f): 10:32am On Jul 06, 2014
skillet: I have known you for a while, and you have always "slowly drifted towards agnosticim". Drift finally kwanu. Let us know where you are. All i said was: "dont generalise" it nothing to get emotiional over. Sorry if my language was harsh. Was unintentional.

Now you sound like you are hurt cos I'm using my reasoning abilities, please don't be. If I'm going to stand somewhere, I like to be convinced for sure its the right place to stand so please forgive me for taking my time before making outrageous/ridiculous conclusions.

Btw when I said 'Christians' I didn't mean every tom, d*ck and harry who calls himself a follower of christ, the word "christian" has been abused so much that we often forget how to use it, now when you hear that word, the best thing to do is choose if it applies to you or not, heck, even men who commit murder claim to be christians too, just know where you stand and waka pass, don't get all sentimental on me, thank you.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by malvisguy212: 10:32am On Jul 06, 2014
don't confused your self the more. Peace
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by freecocoa(f): 10:32am On Jul 06, 2014
iam_ord: research about it on the net and u will find it.. the real copy is hidden..
Alright, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by freethinker01: 10:33am On Jul 06, 2014
As far as I'm concerned, anybody that believes hell fire exists should be able to believe anything. Just imagine, only those that believe in Jesus and act accordingly will go to heaven and those That do not believe are automatically Condemned to eternal damnation. Even being a xtain isn't guaranteed @ all. All these religious folks, don't you think it's high time u emancipated yourselves from mental slavery and start thinking with your brains. These places( heaven and hell) are just imaginary. They don't exist. I can't even believe I've once believed this. Damn! So as regards your question op. I think They go into eternal sleep like every one else that dies.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 06, 2014
Wokeyim:

Sandijey, are u for real? So madness is atonement for sin and no more need for hell fire? I pray then that I become mad before I die so I'll have atoned for my sins and will go straight to Heaven. So madness is some kind of Purgatory now?

@ Poster, the logical thing to think is that a mad person's relationship with God before he went mental will determine where he will go at death; and for infants that were born with mental issues, they will make Heaven since they never sinned any way. Just my opinion sha, God's ways are not our ways...

I believe u saw the part I wrote that's my believe yeah? So no need for ur sarcasm.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Tolexander: 10:35am On Jul 06, 2014
PrincessB1: What if they were
mentally unstable right from infancy? undecided
slyzy: what of those born with mental disorder?
fubbyy: what about imbeciles and people who are mentally ill from birth?

Moreover, your little ones who you said would become a prey, and your sons, who this day have no knowledge of good or evil, shall enter there, and I will give it to them and they shall possess it. Deuteronomy 1:39

And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:2-3

Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:13-14
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Firefire(m): 10:35am On Jul 06, 2014
Wokeyim:

Pls house, talking about Tolexander's post above I have an important question that needs answers. While not trying to be deviant, I was asked this question but could not answer it. Who created Cain's wife? We are told in Genesis 4 that Adam and Eve met and birthed Cain and Abel. Cain killed Abel and wandered off to another land were he married and bore children. Who did he marry since the first creation was Adam and Eve who then birthed Cain and Abel?

I suggest you create another thread / topic for that, it is another lengthy discussion.

Shalom!
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 06, 2014
Atmmachine:
You're so foolish

Wiv this your comment, what does that make you? Intelligent? Lol.......... grin

1 Like

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by JustCare: 10:39am On Jul 06, 2014
freecocoa: My biblical beliefs are already being subjected to...(Even as a child( else I won't be asking questions, conviction which will lead me to believing is what I'm looking for, isn't it obvious?
Then do the needful as I pointed out earlier. But if you need guidance towards answering most of the questions that religious books hardly dealth with ...let me know...the noise on nairaland is much.
However, grasping the answers more depends on how earnest you're in your seeking.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by harrysterol(m): 10:40am On Jul 06, 2014
Op r you planin on goin mad tinkin it wil b an escape rout frm hell, lolz? B4 Ɣu do so hv a rethink because nobody ws born mad, in my opinion Questions wil strt frm wt made you mad?, wt caused your madnes? If the r N̤̈̊o gud reasons for goin mad den Ωa hell get dt person, and if Na person cos de madnes de person wil go for it, is as simple as A,B,C
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 06, 2014
Atmmachine:
You're so foolish

Does this comment make u intelligent? cheesy
Lol.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by logica(m): 10:43am On Jul 06, 2014
They will definitely go to Heaven; Hell doesn't have asylums, only Heaven has them with golden gates and diamond windows. So, Heaven will be full of mad people.

1 Like

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by inimes(m): 10:43am On Jul 06, 2014
Being mentally ill does not give one the right to be admitted into Heaven when he or she finally dies. The devil which possessed a mad person will be the one to receive him or her after death. Just like someone killed prematurely,who never repented of sin and accepted Jesus Christ. Such people surely go to hell. The devil has come to steal,kill and destroy. However,God says He will pardon whoever He chooses to pardon, and nobody can question God,not even Satan. All madness is caused by demon,but God can choose to cleanse the lunatic and favour him or her. God knows everything that happens in Heaven,on earth or beneath the earth.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 06, 2014
Unanswered questions abound in religion.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:44am On Jul 06, 2014
...they die... and the soul reincarnates.... *Das all. They don't go to any hell as 'they were already in hell on earth when they were alive'.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by skillet(m): 10:45am On Jul 06, 2014
I love it when you use your reasoning "abilities". And i will try not to get sentimental. Though its not easy. Keep using your "abilities". One day, you will know where you stand. No more "slowly drifting" like a log of wood on the river niger.

freecocoa: Now you sound like you are hurt cos I'm using my reasoning abilities, please don't be. If I'm going to stand somewhere, I like to be convinced for sure its the right place to stand so please forgive me for taking my time before making outrageous/ridiculous conclusions.

Btw when I said 'Christians' I didn't mean every tom, d*ck and harry who calls himself a follower of christ, the word "christian" has been abused so much that we often forget how to use it, now when you hear that word, the best thing to do is choose if it applies to you or not, heck, even men who commit murder claim to be christians too, just know where you stand and waka pass, don't get all sentimental on me, thank you.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Mintayo(m): 10:45am On Jul 06, 2014
The person will be judged based on his or her deed before the madness.
Secondl,what led to the madness?
Finally, a true child of God can never run mad,madness is demonic possession,so born-again christain can not run mad,if it happens,then something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by freecocoa(f): 10:45am On Jul 06, 2014
JustCare:
Then do the needful as I pointed out earlier. But if you need guidance towards answering most of the questions that religious books hardly dealth with ...let me know...the noise on nairaland is much.
However, grasping the answers more depends on how earnest you're in your seeking.
The noise is much indeed cheesy.

I'll let you know how it goes, my battery is low now and believe me I couldn't be more earnest in my search.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by JustCare: 10:46am On Jul 06, 2014
The book of Enoch and other apocryphal books are online but you have got to get the comprehensive ones. However, all these books would only leave you with more questions! which will be a nice development
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by JustCare: 10:46am On Jul 06, 2014
freecocoa: The noise is much indeed cheesy.

I'll let you know how it goes, my battery is low now and believe me I couldn't be more earnest in my search.
alright. mine is down too.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by NwaNimo1(m): 10:47am On Jul 06, 2014
My theory is that they are 'reincarnated' into Nigerian Politicians . .. . . .

(Disprove me!)
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by satowind(m): 10:48am On Jul 06, 2014
freecocoa: Please I'll be glad if anyone can help me on this topic, I've been wondering about thiw since I was a little girl in the sunday school class, I even asked my teacher then but she didn't even answer the question.

I mean, we've been told that all sinners will rot in hell and I know some mad people do what would be considered a sin if done by a sane person, now, will they get a pass because they are mentally unstable? Or will they roast in hell like every other sinner?Does the bible even say anything about mad people?

I'm just really curious, where will they go when they die?or when rapture occurs?

P.S. Don't know if the topic's been discussed previously, so...
are u planning to get cranked up? Beside they say judgment is for God alone. So we wouldn't know.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by freecocoa(f): 10:49am On Jul 06, 2014
skillet: I love it when you use your reasoning "abilities". And i will try not to get sentimental. Though its not easy. Keep using your "abilities". One day, you will know where you stand. No more "slowly drifting" like a log of wood on the river niger.

I'd rather be a log of wood who knows where she's headed than a speeding cheetah with no direction, now bounce along and leave me be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Read This Article It Might Save Your Life: The Antidotes Of God / Pastor Chris Publicly Defends His Badly Behaved Christ Embassy Canada Pastors / T.b.Joshua Revelation: Another Plane Crash Looms In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.