Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? (67802 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Did Messi Deserve The Golden Ball Award? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by jeroskee: 7:49am On Jul 14, 2014
I tink Robben deserves it.....there's partiality in the selection!
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by daviesmania(m): 7:50am On Jul 14, 2014
Messi shone against kids (Iran, Bosnia & Nigeria). Played like an average player against boys (Switzerland). Faded against men (Netherlands). And was no way to be found among elders, GERMANY. You dont reward such player with the MVP les u support inconsistency.

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Gbemini(m): 7:55am On Jul 14, 2014
mukina2: Everyone knows that messi is a good player, we accept, but why should FIFA/Sepp Blatter continue this Messi bias?
Mascherano was Argentina's best player by miles.

robbery at its finest angry
who tells you the golden ball was given to messi by Blatter?Ignorant is a disease? Messi deserve d award period,if you dont like him den go and jump into the lagoon.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ebullientV(m): 7:56am On Jul 14, 2014
Dhulqarnain:
A shambolic Brazil...
Well he won d silver ball,dat shud be enough
Dat's ur opinion, which is not in agreement wt mine..
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Oahray: 7:59am On Jul 14, 2014
naijalodge: Sharap dier,did u watch Holland,did u watch Arjen Robben?,i don't think so...since wen did number of unreasonable dribble and unconverted assists become a criteria for the award,messi played no big team untill he faced Holland,imagin the way Robben took the whole of the pitch from him..Messi is Sep Blatter's Gay partner..shikena..Adiddas fuckard..
see the way you are dishing out insults like an aggrieved motor park tout. Do Messi's achievements annoy you that much?

The golden ball is an INDIVIDUAL AWARD, and is dependent on your contribution to overall team play, not just goals. How can you disregard created chances because they were not converted by the team mate? The best a player can do is create chances for his team mates and hope they score. Messi provided such chances an impressive 23 times.

The only thing Robben deserved apart from his bronze ball and medal, is a golden dolphin award for best diving.

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by JoeCutie(m): 8:08am On Jul 14, 2014
rozayx5:

thats the point - 4 man of the match awards speaks for itself
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by rozayx5(m): 8:11am On Jul 14, 2014
VIPERVENOM: outdated excuse. nobody asked him to get injured.

same outdated excuse they are using to shield ronaldos poor performance at the world cup cheesy cheesy
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by rozayx5(m): 8:12am On Jul 14, 2014
Gbemini: who tells you the golden ball was given to messi by Blatter?Ignorant is a disease? Messi deserve d award period,if you dont like him den go and jump into the lagoon.

dont mind them, Robben this , robben that, holland should have the ref to thank for escaping mexico cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by smudge2079(m): 8:16am On Jul 14, 2014
Deserve what? FIFA is a complete joke. A foward who did not score any goal in d knockout stage.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ijbeauty(f): 8:23am On Jul 14, 2014
dirtymoney: u speak my mind.. Robben was the man. Stamina, shots on goal, team support, confidence... Everything!!!

I wonder the criteria the used.......
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by manutdadex(m): 8:31am On Jul 14, 2014
tobechi20: Messi didnt score in knockout stage of worldcup
only scoring in groupstage against small teams like nigeria,iran , and bosnia
Chai,messi,
dat one small..he had no shot on target in d knockout stage. Fifa always av a way of causing controversy.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by manutdadex(m): 8:40am On Jul 14, 2014
Oahray: see the way you are dishing out insults like an aggrieved motor park tout. Do Messi's achievements annoy you that much?

The golden ball is an INDIVIDUAL AWARD, and is dependent on your contribution to overall team play, not just goals. How can you disregard created chances because they were not converted by the team mate? The best a player can do is create chances for his team mates and hope they score. Messi provided such chances an impressive 23 times.

The only thing Robben deserved apart from his bronze ball and medal, is a golden dolphin award for best diving.
u shud hear urself..wat abt a player dat scored 5 and had 3 assist? Ur messi score 4 and one assist! Seriously, a player dat had no shot on target in d knockout stage. Habba..nobody doubt d quality of messi but fifa should be fair!
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by kenex4ever(m): 8:46am On Jul 14, 2014
He deserves it. If he doesn't then who?
Robben is a cheat, diver and scored less goals dan him.
Muller is just one of d average german players. Scores goals but is not as dangerous as messi dat is y no special player is assigned to mark him but b4 messi could put his leg on d ball he is surrounded by 3-4 germans.
Messi single handedly dribbled 4 swiss defenders and set up dimaria to score in d knock out stage dat is y he won man of d match in dat game.
Without messi argentina wouldn't have survived d group stage but without muller germans would have won d cup.
People are just jelous dat messi played in d world cup final where as ronaldo can never play ordinary quarter final in his career. Haters will always hate.
If it was ronaldo no anu mpama willll open dis kind of thread
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Franky9584(m): 8:58am On Jul 14, 2014
Sentiments aside, he didnt deserved it. I tink muller,robben or even kroos deserve it beta. Anyway, wot do u expect wen fifa z involve? #ojoro!
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by saintol(m): 9:01am On Jul 14, 2014
FIFA has not really been Fair because it has FEVER. When one is talking of justice, i dont think FIFA is anywhere to be found. 'Messi no deserve am at all, na Me deserve am'. Sey No bi me watch as hin dey play?
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by israel7732: 9:01am On Jul 14, 2014
diarisgod: Exactly amingo, we could have even been dumped out in the Group Stage had it been Messi was not in our squad. Not even with the low plays from Gonzalo and Sergio...
please, are you from Argentina?
sorry that we beat you to the WCUP.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Oahray: 9:03am On Jul 14, 2014
manutdadex: u shud hear urself..wat abt a player dat scored 5 and had 3 assist? Ur messi score 4 and one assist! Seriously, a player dat had no shot on target in d knockout stage. Habba..nobody doubt d quality of messi but fifa should be fair!
take away Muller and Messi from the tournament... Tell me, how far would Argentina and Germany have gone each?
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by shaddie(m): 9:04am On Jul 14, 2014
It is funny how people try to sensationalize everything. This award was deservedly awarded to Messi. All you guys need to go back and read the stats of this world cup before coming to comment here. Messi created more chances for his team than any other player in this tournament. Mind you, it is a technical committee decision and not that of an individual. The committee membership consists of coaches and reputable sport analyst who are real time professionals. So please keep your opinion to yourself cause in the whole of the tournament, there is no better play maker and creator of chances than Messi and that's what football is all about. Had his team taken all the chances and were a bit more clinical with the chances he created, they'll have outscored even Germany in this tournament. So enough of this trash-talking and allow the professionals to do their work.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by persistenc(m): 9:06am On Jul 14, 2014
Some people be shouting thrash, FIFA Did this FIFA Did that.
Google, FiFA Websites and Wikipedia are your friends: PLEASE COMPARE

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by segunaremu6gma: 9:09am On Jul 14, 2014
Robben deserve d award....but messi is FIFA's boy...
.wat can we say...for a player who never scored in a knockout round and no assist.....are u kidding me....FIFA is a joke...Thomas Muller should be second and James Rodriguez third.... but they used DAT as consolation for Messi....
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by persistenc(m): 9:09am On Jul 14, 2014
PLEASE COMPARE STATS: Everyone knows without messi in that team they wont even smell the finals

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ibietela2(m): 9:10am On Jul 14, 2014
How is Messi the driver of Argentina our business? [size=25pt]HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT[/size] even Maradona said it
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Olaone1: 9:19am On Jul 14, 2014
Even Di Maria was a better player in Brazil
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by dokilolo: 9:23am On Jul 14, 2014
robben deserved it.mezsi wasn't even the best player for Argentina. ..mascherano was miles more effective.
I dnt even know who made him captain, he shld get d award 4 worst captain, when dy r losing nd dey look 2 dia captain what do dey see .a guy looking down nd more worried dat he doesn't av enuf goals as Rodriguez instead of trying 2 motivate his team.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by chrisley024(m): 9:26am On Jul 14, 2014
Gbemini: who tells you the golden ball was given to messi by Blatter?Ignorant is a disease? Messi deserve d award period,if you dont like him den go and jump into the lagoon.
Why calling lagoon?
How did Messi deserve it?
What did he do others like Robben, James, Mueller didn't do?
Answer on a post card.

The Argies topped a useless group. Is that the fuss about? A group the SE kept 2 clean sheets.
Even the game Messi scored 2 goals one aboki Musa also got a brace cool.

The knockout stage came and he started disappearing until the end of the tournament.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Olusanya333(m): 9:27am On Jul 14, 2014
What has been has been
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ibietela2(m): 9:27am On Jul 14, 2014
lilpervert: Without rodriguez, columbia would not have left the group stages too and even the round of 16, so stop all this "messi carried them through group stage" blabbing.
To me it should have gone to robben for simply making football entertaining to all

Don't mind them
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Brianino(m): 9:30am On Jul 14, 2014
Lionel messi scored against iran,bosnia and yeye super eagles..4gls and 1assist in 7matches.And won golden ball.chei fifa God is watching. Enter jamez rodriguez 6 goals 2assist in 5matches,scored against all d teamz he played against,evn came on as a sub in d last group match and scored,he scored agnst brazil,uruguay,greek defence,cote divoire,japan,fifa wat else? Ok hw abt robben? Muller 5gls 3 assists. Yea.yea.we hate messi. He dsavs d golden ball. Next na ballon d'or in a trophylez season. Haba. Atleast dt boy@jamez deserved d bronze ball. One day d truth shall come out.BIASED AND CORRUPT PPLE@FIFA
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 14, 2014
Germany players after the match talking about Leo ( please read them all) :

-Tomas Muller : I desreve this world cup's best player more than Messi ? I played with my team they all helped me the same but Leo Messi He was amazing from day one , when I become as decisive as he is I can talk about being the best for now I'm not anyway close to him , he is the best and will always be it and we are really sorry for him we hope this doesen't affect him and he goes back to amaze us because we really enjoy seeing him play . He is my idol "

-Mats Hummels : " I want to say to The argentinian people to be proud of their young team , they will achieve glory soon ,They have the best player of all times , it is just luck that they need . I consider Messi as an Idol and a refernce in my life and I said it several times befora he is the best player ever and I always dreamt of playing alongside him , he made me look like garbage today and that's him , the great player we know , I feel sorry for him and I'm sorry that we are the responsibles on finishing his dream this way but he is still young and can get it next time "

-Mario Gotze : " I respect Leo Messi , He doesen't need this to be the best , he is already the best , it is us normal players who needs this kind of titles to proove our self but Leo he is just perfect and I'm really sorry for him today "

-Bastian Schweinsteiger : " no matter what people say about leo, football lovers know that he still and will remain the best ever I'm happy that I have the chance to face him and if I wasn't his rival today I would absolutly support him , i wish him luck and may he go to Russia and get this one that still not available in his palmares "
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 14, 2014
Brianino: Lionel messi scored against iran,bosnia and yeye super eagles..4gls and 1assist in 7matches.And won golden ball.chei fifa God is watching. Enter jamez rodriguez 6 goals 2assist in 5matches,scored against all d teamz he played against,evn came on as a sub in d last group match and scored,he scored agnst brazil,uruguay,greek defence,cote divoire,japan,fifa wat else? Ok hw abt robben? Muller 5gls 3 assists. Yea.yea.we hate messi. He dsavs d golden ball. Next na ballon d'or in a trophylez season. Haba. Atleast dt boy@jamez deserved d bronze ball. One day d truth shall come out.BIASED AND CORRUPT PPLE@FIFA

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by 573V31D(m): 9:33am On Jul 14, 2014
Robben deserved it but messi's little effort got them thd final...#teammessi

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

John Obi Mikel Changes His Name After Nigeria Mistake 13 Years Ago / Jay Jay Okocha’s Son With AY And Nwankwo In Turkey / Barcelona Takes Down Poster Of Neymar For Betraying The Spanish Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.