Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,113 members, 7,852,765 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203901 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2008
@adewest
which of the hotbird can i pick in abuja with my 2.4m dish while still facing nilesat? Or better still, is it possible to pick any of the hotbird in abuja with my 1.8m dish?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 27, 2008
@ twins, yeah hotbird is very much possible in abuja with 1.8m, try to get a tp with high signal strength from those down south like badaru, mide. @ tox, i've noticed that you've not tracked any birds before,what you just do is changing of lnbs. give yourself the challenge, get to the rooftop and change the position of your 3m dish from nile to hotfish. we dey wait for your findings.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2008
@twintaiye

Welcome to the Group. abeg mail me how to pick up the AB, card. in lagos.

@adewest

Oga soldier, sorry say i never call o. I go explain wetin dey happen when i call. meanwhile how far with our arrangements. you don get DATE for mind?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2008
@enitan
I can't discard my 2.4M dish from nilesat for any stupid hotbird, or any other sat at that. What I need to know is whether while my dish is still facing nilesat, is it possible to put another lnb to pick either W2 or hotbird.  And what do you mean by i had not tracked any bird before? shocked shocked You sure like controversies and I wont give you one. angry angry
My question is directed to Adewest, and I really want to know whether I can pick Hotbird and eutelsat W2 with my 2.4M dish while my dish is still facing nilesat or better still if it is possible with my 1.8M dish which I have not put into use since I now have 2.4M dish
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2008
Enitan, lest i forget the browsing tip does not work on my phone. I guess there is a compatibility issue. But thanks a lot anyway.Chuk, i would advise u stop thinking of 3.5m dish and instead focus on 2.4m dish in the east (not unless u have one already.) i say this because it seems the ability to catch distant birds with relatively smaller dishes is improving, and the lnbs are also getting better. When i discussed with installers in Makurdi about nilesat they said it was impossible with 1.8m but i still went ahead and did it. But he Badaru is getting almost full coverage in lagos there's no reason why u shouldn't get something similar in d east. Think about it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fizman(m): 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2008
thanks a bunch but always embark on this fact, try to be cool, calm and collected. merry christmas and happy new year in advance

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2008
@ twins, am not saying you should discard your 2.4m dish of nilesat at least what about d 1.8m u were using before 4 nile? if u are of d yoruba tribe, u will agree with me that for someone to have been named 'enitan', d person go like to be involve in controversies. dont misunderstood me, at least tox himself have said this numerous times, he only wanted to get diseqc switch, he still went to an installer that called the price about a thousand plus,well ihn be big boy celebrity 4 dat matter. am waiting for his personal reply.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 27, 2008
@ gangsta, u must be doing somtin rung,cos dats what am using on my phone right now. try to download opera mini mod2.06 version. once you've downloaded this, i will send u d cheatcode.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fizman(m): 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2008
i love unity, if all seas are one what a great sea would be, if all axe are one what a great axe woould be, if all men are one what a great man would be. if all trees are one what a great tree would be. then, when a great man pick a great axe cut a great tree and a great tree fell in a great sea, imagine how big the splash would be. UNITY IS THE BEST

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fizman(m): 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2008
[b]let support oour leaders to move this country further.the thorogh administration can not be made without our honourable support so let be together with them. i love you all. great unabites[center][/center]]

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2008
fizman:

[b]let support oour leaders to move this country further.the thorogh administration can not be made without our honourable support so let be together with them. i love you all. great unabites[center][/center]]
fizman:

i love unity, if all seas are one what a great sea would be, if all axe are one what a great axe woould be, if all men are one what a great man would be. if all trees are one what a great tree would be. then, when a great man pick a great axe cut a great tree and a great tree fell in a great sea, imagine how big the splash would be. UNITY IS THE BEST

am i missing something?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2008
Enitan, that's d version i got. Someone gave it to me about a month ago. I load it on nokia series 60 phones like N72 and it works, i'm even using a friend's own to post this. But i have a HTC WIZARD .(Tmobile MDA.) and it isn't working. So that's why i think it's a compatibility issue. Also it didn't work on my brothers P990.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2008
@ gangsta, i think i agree with you on the compatibility issue. @ olofofo, you aint missing anything my brother. still having problem on that issue i called earlier,though no power supply at the moment. is it ok at your end? reply asap. badaru is presently motorising his 2.4m dish setup at the moment. i guess he'll have a lot to share when he is done.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 5:57pm On Dec 27, 2008
@Enitan

Now i can understand why you talk a lot. Enitan - Its in your name. Well, in Egun language, Enitan is "HODONU". I hope you will talk more and more. I am enjoyin you sha.

@all

Who is this FIZMAN abi na FISHMAN? You better watch where you are posting oo. This is free to air. No be campaign ground abi na nursery school rhyme you dey chant for here with your pictures? At least, Mr President don tell us say 2009 go better. which one be ya own.  Abeg, no post here again ooo. Thanks in anticipation of a more reasonable post next time.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2008
@enitan.

am using the one that i actually pay for. i will check it later tonite after 9pm.

badaru is motorizing his 2.4 m dish and you are here?  IS THERE SOMETHING I AM REALLY MISSING. na wa for badaru this days oooooooo. the baba don change no be small, him no dey call him boys again.  NOW TELL ME WHAT I AM REALLY MISSING!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 27, 2008
@ baba-egun, thanks for coming to my rescue regarding the reply to fizhman, if i talk again dem go talk say my own too much. @ olofofo,i just called baba this evening to make enquiries on that stuff,that was when he use the opportunity in telling me what he's up to. U no say na everyone dat financial crisis dey affect,mostly me in particular. but dont worry,he'll make up for all those lapses.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2008
fizman:

@fizman,
How does this 'unity' crap help to advance the cause of this thread? And, I hope you are not the one in that ugly pix because I'm having difficulty determning whether it is a human being or an ape tongue
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2008
I was researching on European satellites yesternight and stumbled on the beams of hotbird 13*W and eurobird 25.5*E.I discovered that hotbird is farther than eurobird to Nigeria.Would you believe that Eurobird's beam gets to northern Sokoto while hotbird stops at North Africa yet we picked it in Lagos with 1.8m?With this info,I called mide2008 in Ilesha to try out Eurobird this morning on his 2.4m dish,and voila he picked it.Orbit satellite on Eurobird is one of the packages abracadabra opens.If you are in the North,all you need is a minimum of 1.8m to pick it.Adewest also has it in Bauchi but what I don't understand is why Ilorin finds it hard to pick.The same thing happened with MBC Persia which we pick easily in Lagos,yet Kaduna finds it hard to pick.Why is it that signals behave funny,eluding dishes near its footprint but being picked by dishes far from it?
@toxnaija,
Lyngsat and most of these satellite tracking websites are known to be very conservative in thier estimation of EIRP and beam coverage area. If we were to rely completely on them, nobody would be watching nilesat or any other out-of-footprint satellites in this country. wink
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2008
all, just to remind you guys that tracking a satellite depend first if it is located within your geographical horizon, then followed by the dish size. If the bird is out of your horizon,not even a 10m dish will pick that up, this is when the issue of elevation come into place. You all can see how the elevation of 68.5 E looks like, so tell me if farther birds can be gotten?
@enitan,
I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you on that. You can track any satellite whatsoever irrespective of its EIRP. Just get the right size dish for it and voila, your green will appear!
Remember someone posted a link from youtube sometime ago about the German professor who uses a 7m dish to track astra 2D from Brazil?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2008
@ george-d, am also sorry to say this, i will teach you what you dont know concerning d meaning of 'out of one's horizon' its a pity am using my phone. to understand better, visit dishpointer. that guy in brazil is still within the horizon of astra, d reason he made use of that 7m dish is because the point where the signal is beam to is out of his reach.so he'd to make use of a bigger dish to get d signaj. this will also applies to nile signal if one is moving down south of the africa continent,d dish will keep on getting bigger. if u think am wrong, tell any experts to track any birds in 120E or 120W. try and do more researches, there's a limit u will get only on this forum. I REST MY CASE.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:23pm On Dec 27, 2008
@enitan,
You are right to a point, so I agree. But don't think all my fta knowledge resides in this forum alone. You'll be mistaken if you do grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:35pm On Dec 27, 2008
@twinstaiye,
When are you sending me the other starsat decoder and abra card? Now when I don signify interest, you don dey make yanga abi?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 9:44pm On Dec 27, 2008
@ Twinstaiye, uncle i thought ur 2.4m setup was motorize,trying to split ku on dish for nile and hotbird at the sometime for this Nigeria horizon is very impossible as the subject down-link beam is not towards our horizon but can be achievable 100% when u r motorize.Hope u can a distinguished btw a signal that is DTH (direct to home) and which is not, as for the dth sig,they can be split to a dish while weaker beam e.g Nilesat will maintain the central vocal point.
As relating to tracking hot bird at abuja the possibility is very ok but not with 1.8m dish as specified by my big bros in the house.Note that 1.8m can track only few transponder on hotbird but the most advance chs on it might not b absorb except with the invitation of it senior brother 2.4m gbam

@ Olofofo, ur strategy is mainly known to u and our creator.If u invite me, i go come and if u do otherwise i will stay o my brother after all people wey know all yesterday where r they today,this life na jeje o
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2008
@all,
I checked lyngsat and got this info about OHTV, posted on 24/12/08:

Astana on Express AM33
Open Heavens TV left Intelsat 10
Sham TV and Shababiyah TV left Nilesat 101
Mersal TV and Ghinwa left Nilesat 102
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2008
@adewest

matter wey we don conclude, why u come dey go back again. me i no be that kind person ooo. also i no dey like call epople on the phone too much when dem don tell me wetin dey. abeg just tell me a tentative date when u wan land and i do do wetin i suppose do immediatley. Person no need to strss himself or others too much ooo that's why when u tell me say mid January i no too disturb you again.

all our arrangements are still in place.

@twinstaiye

i never hear from you regarding the AB card oooo. i go like pick am up this coming week. also you can post to the group or receive posts from the group with you yahoo account.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 9:59pm On Dec 27, 2008
@adewest
Roger that. Thanks

@olofofo
we need to talk. This is because, I will have to give you a phone number of the person holding the stuff.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 27, 2008
b4 my phone battery dies i will make dis last post. @ adewest, will 1.8m get hotbird at abuja? it doesnt matter if na only 2 tps will show green. i guess am right? even wit 2.4m u wont still get everything up there.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 10:41pm On Dec 27, 2008
enitan2002:

before my phone battery dies i will make this last post. @ adewest, will 1.8m get hotbird at abuja? it doesnt matter if na only 2 tps will show green. i guess am right? even wit 2.4m u wont still get everything up there.
u dey try no be small.Well done nairaland comedian
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 10:44pm On Dec 27, 2008
adewest:

u dey try no be small.Well done nairaland comedian
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ROTFLMAO
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 28, 2008
it seems you guys dont even take me serious again, everyone inclusive, oga moderator has joined the league, am just trying to make a contribution of 2 months within a month, cos as from january work starts fully in school till feburary when i will be coming home, no posts from me during those periods, so i want to make sure i fight this december those that am planning to fight in january/febuary
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by vickoy23: 12:37am On Dec 28, 2008
@linksman,

D pple wey I offend too uch sotay if dem begin bounce on me, I sure say 2009 no go easy at all but I dey beg 4give me. I 4 call but na now i dey read ur post an e don late to buy airtime now. i go make am up. no vex broda.

@George_D

if you have the requirement for a big dish den why waste time on discom. when I say req, i mean the space. if i have it, i would not waste money getting 4(nos) 90cm dishes all in a bid to get the best out of fta. I needed better entertainment so my only option is discom where i will keep d sub low and max the enjoyment. I know what I am missing on nilesat. i know what i am paying 4 is fta actually. but what can i do? it is not ignorance but constrain.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by vickoy23: 12:42am On Dec 28, 2008
@eniitan

enitan2002:

it seems you guys don't even take me serious again, everyone inclusive, oga moderator has joined the league, am just trying to make a contribution of 2 months within a month, because as from january work starts fully in school till feburary when i will be coming home, no posts from me during those periods, so i want to make sure i fight this december those that am planning to fight in january/febuary

I hope u dont mean ur last post. but if you do, I now understand why u make 70 posts per day. You dont need it at all. Make i no yarn too much before you turn ur wasp beam at me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.