Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,358 members, 7,853,591 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:44 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203920 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 11:34am On Jan 25, 2009
and more channels, CNN, Halmark, Baby Channel, Sky News, Showcinema, Bloomberg & Nat Geo

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 11:41am On Jan 25, 2009
@baba_egun
Hi sir, i trip for you ooooo, i am so so happy with those stations u got ooo, well na so so french station i get with my 90cm dish and a smaller one my installer did for me, i dont think those stations are interesting, i wanted english speaking stations with sports, movie news and others but u get them ooo with 1.8M , i am even thinkin of getting 1.8M but i dont know how it could be here in lagos, if i could get like what u get ooo, enjoy ur self with those beautiful stations oo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 11:45am On Jan 25, 2009
@obnelly
Ok sir i will jus that i dont know what time specifically would be good to call u, but i will call u sha, thanks!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2009
@ all
Nig VS Ivory coast 13:30, on rts1

25/01/09
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by broucher: 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2009
@fxproff

which one is rts 1?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 1:25pm On Jan 25, 2009
@broucher
that one dey for w3A
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2009
@ baba-egun,
congrats on your achievement on nilesat.

@ ekonibaje/olofofo/fxproff,
thanks for asking after me, you're truly truel brothers. I've been down for somedays, i ate fried chicken from one of my fish house and since after then I've been having this feverish condition, i just guess it's not BIRD FLU SHA.
Well that didnt disturb me coming to lagos on friday evening and i left lagos yesterday back to my jungle, i went for an installation yesterday, i was also to be at coolguys' place but he sent his address quite late. so i couldnt make it to his end.

@ olofofo.
i saw you mentioned badaru/ola, checking you out. were they at your end?

@ ola,
thanks for forsaking me in the jungle ooooooo

@ badaru,
am still waiting for the dimension oooooooo.

@ all,
my nilesat will be fully ready and become operational and viewable by the first week of march '09

@ adrusa,
ehn ehn, back you and this my response. You mentioned someone as being a dopehead by skewing an lnb in a vertical pol way while trying to pin down a signal in H pol. Before my reply, i will ask you this question, can you tell the pol of a lnb by its skewing? My reply comes after you must have answered that.

@ tox,
i hear say u dey carry Bible up and down, well just thank your stars dat we're all in the New Testament era now, if we're suppose to be in the Old testament, thunder from heave for don strike you for touching the Bible you know what i mean. Even church gates should be close whenever there's a sight of you coming to the church.
I no wan her say u still dey touch bible again, repent from your fishing escapades first of all.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 1:39pm On Jan 25, 2009
@enitan
eeehhh yah, sorry ooo, will will have to pray for u ooolol, i uhmmm is that ur nilesat on 1.8M dish, maybe i should call u self make we talk on phone.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 25, 2009
@ fxproff,
i will be going for 2.4m and not 1.8m, thats the best option for you if you are having space constarint.

@# adrusa:
If your are tracking an Horizonally polarised bird with an STB set to vertical polarity, you are simply brain dead. It has nothing to do with experience.

i guess i dont have to wait for your answer let me hit the nail on the head hard. At a position of a skewed lnb, there're various signals with both polarities coming in to the lnb, so if you tell me oooo that lnb is positioned vertically, i guess i have to reserve my comments on that. Cos if it is so, one wont be getting H signals in that position where the lnd is skewed.
When it is said one is tracking a bird, this simply means you're just trying to filter out a particular signal out of those numerous ones. So to achieve this, you will have to key in the frequency of that signal you want to filter out onto your decoder. And this signal freq polarity is already made to be transmitted at a particular pol down to earth. So to track this signal with the same polarity that it was transmitted from the satellite, there're so mnay conditions to be met in achieving this so that there wont be any difference in the signal being tracked. One of this is the lnb being positioned at a particular direction to get this signal in the same pol as it is up in the orbit. Since this signals coming down to earth follow the bouncing off process (I've explained this in season1), the signals come in contact with so many bodies that the polarities get affected by the time they reach the earth. So, if a signal freq for example 12728 coming down to earth has been set to work at V pol from the earth uplink station, but by the time it gets down to earth and due to so many bouncing off process, it arrives on earth in both pol. Even oceans also have a way of helping out in this bouncing off process, also with the altitude of the installation site. But in order to get that signal with the same pol being from the uplink station,then the conditions above have to be met. And since, this particular freq is just single out of the group signals, then automatically, the other signals will be received but the pol will be reversed. And the surprising effect there is that that same signal might be able to reach its maximum strength in V pol at 72% while if reversed it wont be able to rise above 65%. Doing this is the secret to achieving best signals out of those called weak signal birds like nilesat. I dont need to reveal anything further than this, cos its just like a speck of dust in the ocean.

For those who have in depth knowledge understand what m trying to pass across.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 2:33pm On Jan 25, 2009
@enitan>> I wish you journey mercies to ur health recovery but all things may not be totally freebies. You have to be watchful!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2009
@ Mr gem,
well thank you so much.

hey guys, dont make a big deal out of my little being sick, am still hale and hearty, and will be able to do any fishing, it has not gotten worse to that level. And i will continue to still be a proponent to everything to come as freebies.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2009
@baba_egun,
Those pictures are quite revealing. Indeed, seeing is believing - as they say. You have now also joined the club of
nilesat success stories.
And generally it looks like it has been a full rounded week of success, success all the way for the house. First it started
with toxnaija, and then olofofo followed by ecowas4all and now you have caped it all up.
Who says this is not the place to be? Well, anybody in nairaland who is not hooked to this thread is surely missing
out a lot.
Congrats to you and welcome to the club!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:19pm On Jan 25, 2009
@pitodenz,
I was expecting you to say that it is time for us in the south-south to feel the magic touch of adewest.
If the lagosians can taste the magic, why can't we? Abi na we no like good thing?
Pls let us start campaigning for adewest to move his magic wand down south. I know it is not easy to get the
FTA MASTER to visit. I remember how toxnaija sweated for several months before eventually he was able
to get him to abeokuta. So maybe we too have to start early so that we can get him in time o!
Or, what do you think?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2009
@George_D
Massa I am surprised , please check my previous postings, this week i already mentioned how far the 2.4 M installation went.
Note 1:  I use a combined KU/C LNB
Note 2: It is not entirely true the Di-electric eliminates 68.5 because with Salamanders 50 Series we got signal. Although My 53 X does not get signal on that bird with Di-electric.
I may eventually have to get another C band LNB,

Did i mention that the KU in the Combined KU/C LNB was useless? i get only C band signals on all the birds. I suspect my focal point. Will adjust and get back to the house.
@ecowas4all,
Ok. I'm sorry about the mix-up. Looks like I didn't take note of your earlier posts about your installation progress.
I'm glad to hear that you eventually succeded with your motorised. That is the can-do spirit that has kept all of us pushing forward in this forum.

About the combined LNB, take my advice and forget about it. Most of them are just a compromise between space and quality. You cannot get the best of both (at least not with present-day technology). So, just replace the combined lnb with a single C band (without dielectric) and get another one with dielectric. Then include a third lnb for KU (3 lnbs in all). That will solve your 68.5E wahala and you will enjoy your motorised better.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ecimadh: 6:43pm On Jan 25, 2009
HI Freinds Help me out i plan to tune to some channels on Intelsat 10 which are not FTA but having IRDETO encryption is there some way i may be able to watch those channels. Please let me know some suggestions.

Thanks in advance
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 7:01pm On Jan 25, 2009
@fxproff, enitan2002, George_D.

Thanks a lot. I am very happy. This thread is the place to be.  

@Enitan2002,

Sorry bro, the Lord is your strength. Please, make sure you check the NAFDAC number  grin on any chicken or fish in future before you guzzle am oo.

@toxnaija

What is this am hearing that you can't carry bible? na true? abi na lie enitan dey lie against you? Abeg,  clear your name ooo before I go see you dey cast news for LTV, with all your phonetics make i come begin dey think otherwise.  

Well done on your own achivement with adewest.  It is worth it.  

@All

Could you guys believe i've been running my generator (thanks to PHCN) since morning trying to watch all the channels? I have not touched MBC2, 3 et all since morning. In fact, those channels are can't be compared to the showtime and art channels. no wonder dem encrypt them self.  Well, all the would be Nilesaters, I wish you well ooo.

I know some guys will want to know how i combine all those pictures together. Well, i used Picasa.  It is a free tool that can be downloaded FOC on the internet. You can use it to manage your digital pictures. I used the collage feature to combine all those pictures. You can give it a try too. it can be downloaded at this link  http://www.filehippo.com/download_picasa/

Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by mofea(m): 7:27pm On Jan 25, 2009
LFC channel on Sirius 4.(12551 V 2441).
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 8:02pm On Jan 25, 2009
@enitan, abeg he b like say u go need come my bunk wen u get 2 Lag,i dey confused wit D space we ve,its really nice speakin wit u!Na my fone i dey drop this msg,so i need 2 opt out
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 8:46pm On Jan 25, 2009
olofofo hw far--i really appreciate ur concept--my guy--u need 1000 gboso--hw far ur nilesat issue,hpe u never built ur transpoder near ur wife when u dey watch dis free x--i love u guy-u are my guy 4 real
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2009
sorry na EKONIBAJE not adewest--i use adewest pin in TOXNAIJA HW FAR
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2009
@enitan

glad to see you back on your feet. yes they were at my end, pele shogbo.

@ekonibaje.

no lele

@all

aljazeera sports is the bomb. FA, CARLING, LA LIGA, ITALIAN, DUTCH Leagues and next season Champion's League? make i see who no go get Nilesat this year.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2009
@olofofo,
grin grin grin You dey enjoy now o! Small, small o! Do am je, je o!Don't let nilesat and hotbird cause jealousy
between you and madam o! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 25, 2009
@ekonibaje,
e be like say you don run go spy adewest wonder magic for toxnaija house wink wink wink Ok, study am
well, well o because that na the best FTA practicals of the year be dat o!
but why you com dey use adewest username now? you wan create confusion for this thread be dat o!
To study the installation alone no do you? why you com dey study him password too? grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:41pm On Jan 25, 2009
mofea:

LFC channel on Sirius 4.(12551 V 2441).Too bad cant watch RDV, anyone with an idea?
@mofea,
You just barged into the thread, you didn't introduce yourself and all you've been doing is to demand for
frequency or how to open scrambled stations. Please take time to settle in and look around. See what is going
on before making demands. This thread is not all about taking from others. We share information and ideas here.
It is a give and take forum.
Abi you be commercial installer fishing for information? Take am easy o, bros!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2009
@baba egun, baba abeg them show todays match 4 any nilesat channel?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 12:43am On Jan 26, 2009
@ george D - my brother una own way dey warri better sef cos d the thing fit work for warri fine fine.What i really want to do is to get enough info base on the setup,gather the materials and give it a try myself in my bunk here in ph.I ve done installation in warri and i found out that u people ve far better reception than us in ph and owerri.Am going to try it out myself and i believe i can.For ur info adewest might come to warri at anytime to help on 6m and 4.5m dish installation in one of our member house,cheey!busy body no gree me shut my mouth cos adewest is yet to be contacted so my guy u fit make use of this oppurtunity.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:34am On Jan 26, 2009
@pitodenz,
As you no dey sure whether the thing go work for ph, dat is the more reason why you need the touch of MASTER ADEWEST, so that you no go just dey sweat fruitlessly for nothing. But if you still wan try on your own, well, no problem. Talking of adewest coming to warri I think that is the greatest news of the year! How come I no even know sef? Na wao! e be like say we for south-south no dey co-operate like the lagosians at all o? If to say you no tell me now, na so adewest for come warri and go back without my knowledge? Haba! this is not nice at all.
And I notice BUTONESDAY has been so quiet all this while. If he is organizing something like that, is it bad to let the rest of us know about it? what are we members for?
Na wao! na so, so, lone ranger style we all dey operate for this part of the country o!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 8:42am On Jan 26, 2009
@fxproff

Sorry, I no watch ball yesterday oo. I was busy switching between channels- from Nat geo to Showmovies Action to CNN etc. 

@ekonibaje
adewest:

sorry na EKONIBAJE not adewest--i [b]use adewest pin in TOXNAIJA [/b]HW FAR

Only you using Adewest in Toxnaija? You be three in one? grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 9:15am On Jan 26, 2009
@all>> One big man is disturbing with this request: How can he transmit the TV Satellite signals WIRELESSLY to the people within his environment? Please,how can it be done and/or what can I tell him? Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 9:25am On Jan 26, 2009
George_D:

@pitodenz,
As you no dey sure whether the thing go work for ph, dat is the more reason why you need the touch of MASTER ADEWEST, so that you no go just dey sweat fruitlessly for nothing. But if you still wan try on your own, well, no problem. Talking of adewest coming to warri I think that is the greatest news of the year! How come I no even know sef? Na wao! e be like say we for south-south no dey co-operate like the lagosians at all o? If to say you no tell me now, na so adewest for come warri and go back without my knowledge? Haba! this is not nice at all.
And I notice BUTONESDAY has been so quiet all this while. If he is organizing something like that, is it bad to let the rest of us know about it? what are we members for?
Na wao! na so, so, lone ranger style we all dey operate for this part of the country o!

@George I do not know whoever is organizing this Adewest visit for Warri,maybe na Army barrack he dey come me I no know,but Adewest pls make ur visit known to us because my concern for this ur visit to Warri is the ECHOLINK&CARD.I need it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by weierstras(m): 10:00am On Jan 26, 2009
my srong 4663x cannot boot after updating firmware. can someone please tell me how i can get it working again. when i put the power on, the display some dashes and then goes off. thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by xwallace(m): 10:04am On Jan 26, 2009
Pls can someone tell  me whether it is possible  to use Fuij Lnb on 2.4 m c-band dish to track mbc 2 & 4 ,some sport .I am living in Nsukka

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.