Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,437 members, 7,853,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:06 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203995 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ecimadh: 10:10am On Jan 26, 2009
HI Freinds Help me out i plan to tune to some channels on Intelsat 10 which are not FTA but having IRDETO encryption is there some way i may be able to watch those channels. Please let me know some suggestions.

Thanks in advance
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 10:45am On Jan 26, 2009
@Tox9ja,

When is LTV going FTA?When you are busy chasing tv stations on nilesat et all, at least we outside lagos should also enjoy your own LTV.Or what do u think?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2009
@ baba egun
Na u dey enjoy oooo, well soonest i am hopin to join you in the league of the 2.4M dish o, uhmmm i would appreciate it if u could post a picture of the dish itself, cos i would like to see how big its, or if u had already pasted it in the paste, kindly give me the link to the previous post, Happy Nile, wink
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by broucher: 11:26am On Jan 26, 2009
@ olofofo and All,

My experience yesterday: I pulled out my dstv decorder from the dstv dish and plugged the cable to my strong box and then i tried blind scan for hot bird and W4.

To my surprise i got channels from those birds but they were mostly channels in Nilesat with mbc 2 and 4 showing as well. I was able to watch Arsenal game on JSC+4 on it.

My question is how possible was it,since the Dstv dish is facing east?

Also on my 2.4m dish with ecolink ,why cann’t i get show series and show sports, since am on nilesat at that location.

Adewest , we are yet to be formerly introduced, Am F-Marshalls cousin living here in Nigeria now and Olofofo and has been of great help in getting fired up. And since getting my dish I have never stoped playing with it,looking for signals like mad.

What do u think about what i said with the Dstv dish and all?

Thanks all for your input.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 11:46am On Jan 26, 2009
@broucher
wow that is really amazing oo, what part of Nigeria u dey, also which of the hotbird u catch 6? so how many station are there on the hotbird too,its really nice, according to enitan he said there is notting impossible, and i i believe that too.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by broucher: 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2009
Am here in lagos now. AM not sure if it is Hotbird that I have ,but i did Blind scan on it and got most station i already have on my 2.4m dish nilesat,including mbc 4.

You know Nilesat is by the west here in lagos ,so i wasn't sure what am getting ,since the dstv dish is facing east. thats why am waiting on the guru's to talk to me. Frankly nothing is impossible.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 12:10pm On Jan 26, 2009
@ George D
dont worry urself on myself installation at least adewest is here,tox and olofofo re also available so with good communication to these guys i believed no matter what obtacle we ve here i ll be able to achieve something.i think i ll start with trying to get 2m nat on my 1.8m dish.
@enitan
the stuff later work this morning.
@ mr gem
my own pc suite is ver 6.81.10 and it came with my fone.download the later version not the latest version.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 12:14pm On Jan 26, 2009
@broucher,

Yes nothing is impossible but I'll entreat u to check your cable conection to make sure the signal u r getting is not from the 2.4m dish   .
Did u move the dstv dish or it was still at w4 position?
We all like pleasant surprises.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2009
@broucher and everyone
Yes i have just did a blind scan on my STRONG receiver, with my 90cm dish facing w3, and i did a blind scan on hotbird, and i got some stations!! and some are still testing to start live transmission, uhmmmm, still wanna check it very well becos its becoming interesting, the signal is very strong, 78%,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:32pm On Jan 26, 2009
@sayso,
What I'm saying is that we in the south-south should team up together and organize adewest visit. Not just doing it secretly
single-handedly. See how olofofo and toxnaija were announcing their plans of hosting him several months ahead of time. He even
invited anyone interested to come and observe the installation. Can't we also do that here too? abi we no fit co-operate together?
If you really want the abra card and echolink, I'm sure adewest can bring them along when coming.
So, maybe you, myself and butonesday and any other person in the south-south who is interested should collaborate and
arrange for the FTA MASTER to visit us. The earlier the better o!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 12:38pm On Jan 26, 2009
@fxprof

Is your dish facing w3 or W4? If it is W3 then i think it may be the globecast channels(due to the proximity of w3 and Sirius4)
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:40pm On Jan 26, 2009
@pitodenz,
Like I said before, if you want to go it alone, no problem. You can make phone calls asking for assistance but
it will not be exactly the same thing as adewest being on ground physically to lend his magic touch.
We here at our end are going to organize for him to come and display his skills for us to see. Phone call no go
work dis one for us o!
Remember, it's not as if we're novice or don't know what to do, but a MASTER is a MASTER any day smiley smiley smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 12:46pm On Jan 26, 2009
@george
i have 2 dishes, one facing w3, and the smaller one facing sirus, u might be right,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 12:48pm On Jan 26, 2009
last comment for captainus**
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2009
George, D
I have been discussing the issue of Adewest coming to the south-south with Pitodent for some weeks now. We even talked about him on Saturday last week. I will speak to Adewest tomorrow.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2009
@broucher,
Good you found that satelite, the satelite you are picking,the name is Badr 4 at 26.0°E and they have almost the same channels with Nilesat in the west.maybe the experts will explain,cos your dish size may play a big rule there.happy viewing.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by biggjoe(m): 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2009
Mr Gem:
@all>> One big man is disturbing with this request: How can he transmit the TV Satellite signals WIRELESSLY to the people within his environment? Please,how can it be done and/or what can I tell him? Thanks.

Its called Video Sender in the market. Get it and you will see how to plug it. Its very simple. The neighbours will receive the TV signal 'wirelessly' via RF transmision. They will only have to search their TVs to get it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 1:23pm On Jan 26, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

George, D
I have been discussing the issue of Adewest coming to the south-south with Pitodent for some weeks now. We even talked about him on Saturday last week. I will speak to Adewest tomorrow.

Bros whatever you guys are planning about Adewest and Warri,I dey and most importantly is the decorder and card,cos I may not be in Warri when he comes except on weekends.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by biggjoe(m): 1:31pm On Jan 26, 2009
broucher:

Am here in lagos now. AM not sure if it is Hotbird that I have ,but i did Blind scan on it and got most station i already have on my 2.4m dish nilesat,including mbc 4.

You know Nilesat is by the west here in lagos ,so i wasn't sure what am getting ,since the dstv dish is facing east. thats why am waiting on the guru's to talk to me. Frankly nothing is impossible.

This might just be the moment we are all waiting for but, Please, confirm that your installation is not getting any signal at all fom the 2.4 m and tell us your result.

It is most likely the reason for the mix up.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2009
@biggjoe,
there is a signal coming from the East Badr 4 at 26.0°E they have the same channels with Nilesat from the West.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2009
@BROUCHER

The signal you are getting is from your nilesat dish. Try connecting the dstv direct to your decoder and see what will happen
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 1:55pm On Jan 26, 2009
@sayso
yes u are right the badr 4, have nice channels, but most are scrambled, not all are feel, uhmm or does that mean they have their specific time they would be unscrambled?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by frank4hett: 1:59pm On Jan 26, 2009
Hello am From Ghana and i just had my strong Decoder 46xxx fixed for me. i have being able to get e.tv scrambled and i have some channels that i want to
know if i can get some one to help me srambled which is

my dish is on INTELSAT 7,10K

Fox sports,
trace tv
zee cinema
nta plus
teletoon
Ait
setenta
Eureka Tv

if i can even get one of this scrambled i will be very greatful
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by frank4hett: 2:03pm On Jan 26, 2009
MY EMAIL IS frank5moore@yahoo.com any one whio can help me should plz email me .
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by biggjoe(m): 2:10pm On Jan 26, 2009
sayso:

@biggjoe,
there is a signal coming from the East Badr 4 at 26.0°E they have the same channels with Nilesat from the West.

He used to have only nilesat and DSTV and he did not say he realigned his dish, so how can Badr 4 on 26e have come to his receiver? Remember DSTV is on 36e.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 2:13pm On Jan 26, 2009
biggjoe:

He used to have only nilesat and DSTV and he did not say he realigned his dish, so how can Badr 4 on 26e have come to his receiver? Remember DSTV is on 36e.

Yes DSTV is on 36e but Badr 4 is @ 26.0°E,that was why I said his dish size may play a rule in the reception.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by biggjoe(m): 2:28pm On Jan 26, 2009
ok,

lets wait for him to confirm all this.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 2:31pm On Jan 26, 2009
@Frank4hett

Go to any mytv agent in Accra and get their card .Their monthly  subscription is about GHc20
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by broucher: 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2009
To All,

I like i said earlier, My Dstv Dish is fixed to the roof, all i did was to remove the cable from it’s decorder and plugged to the strong reciver.( remember i didn’t adjust the dish at all) And my 2.4m is on the ground facing Nilesat west and is not afixed to the dstv cable in any way.

So Sayso might be right , I have no idea ,am just toying with the idsh to get results and report to the forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by broucher: 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2009
Guys am gonna try using the ecolink box on the dstv dish and position and see what happens. Stay tune.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Bros, thanks for the prompt response. I think say you don go AWOL before grin  grin grin
Let us team up together and get adewest to visit us here in warri. It seems pitodenz is
not too keen on the idea so we may have to do it all by ourselves. Sayso is ready (he's eager
to lay his hands on abra card and echolink grin), so that makes the three of us.
I'm sure we can work out the cost of his transport and other expenses
among ourselves.

So, please talk to him and let him know that three of us are ready to have him here. We want to
see a live display from the FTA MASTER.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 4:23pm On Jan 26, 2009
@broucher
are u still getting mbc channels, ? let me know
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.