Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203564 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 4:39pm On Jan 26, 2009
@frank4hett

Captainus has said it all. Those are MY TV package; if you need them, you pay for them
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 5:30pm On Jan 26, 2009
Enny boy sorri ooooo.pls take good care of your self and get quick recovery soon.
ola who your trip to olofofo,enough watching habi
olofofo,i will transfer as earlier schedule tomorrow and i will give you call thereafter.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 5:39pm On Jan 26, 2009
baba egun pls where do you reside .getting cnn and showsport on 2.4m ,you must be very close to the northern part.pls let us know where u stay.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2009
@obnelly,
baba_egun is in abuja and he used 1.8m not 2.4m. Are you surprised? Those guys up there
have EIRP advantage more than us in the south. abi u wan relocate go join am? grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2009
@pitodenz>> The PC Suite I downloaded from nokia web lack some important features and this led to my problems in configuration settings. Well,my research is on-going. I will lay my hands on the version you quotated above. Thanks for your concerns. @biggjoe>> Thanks for your contribution. @maddox>> My people,where is this man
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:36pm On Jan 26, 2009
@all and broucher

i did his installation for him and i have been sitting back laughing my arse off with all the responses to his post.

Hotbird has all the TP avialable on almost every other satellite. that is the reason for the confusion.

how can anyone seriously receive nilesat on 90cm dish?

HILARIOUS!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:39pm On Jan 26, 2009
@olofofo,
You're doing a good job. Pls keep spreading the knowledge around.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by biggjoe(m): 11:27pm On Jan 26, 2009
olofofo x3,
how many times did i call u?

I have noticed you enjoy this sort of thing grin Why didnt you come in all this while and clear him on his confusions.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by broucher: 12:44am On Jan 27, 2009
Did I mention watching Royal Rumble Live on show cinema Early Morning yesterday. It was magical.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:56am On Jan 27, 2009
@bigjoe

no mind broucher. i tried explaining it to him on the phone, but he was too excited to understand. meanwhile, am curious as to his discovery that dstv decoder was opening JSC +4. someone should look into that. except maybe he is mistaken again?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by martinlala(m): 10:53am On Jan 27, 2009
@ Olofofo
my request is still pending on the gmail group
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 12:02pm On Jan 27, 2009
All jsc+ are down for strong

@ Olofofo

You need to go to the guys house to confirm wether jsc is working on dstv decoder. I think he is getting the signal from his nile dish. If 90cm will get nile in lagos then 1.8 will astra 19 degree
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2009
Baba Egun,

Congrats on your echolink, that decoder turns watching satellite television into a whole new experience. just imagine how many packages it can open? i am presently motorizing my 1.8m dish so i can get the orbit packages on eurobird 2 in addition to my art/showtime packages.
Anyways, i imagine u and ur family fighting over what to watch, you football, your madam the series channels/E, your kids the cartoon channels, very soon, there will soon be civil war in your place. with this decoder, PHCN becomes your greatest enemy in life.

Nash FTA,

Talking about PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria), i recently bought a big generator set, but it still gets tiring going out to switch it on everytime the power supply goes, so i remembered our previous conversation about UPS, and since the generator had a battery charging port, i bought a 62AH 12V battery and connected it to my pretty old Blue gate UPS (rated 600VA), and the thing works beautifully, no problems of over heating so far, the only problem is that i use up more power from the battery than i am able to recharge it with, using a multimeter, i determined that the UPS only charges the battery with 0.2Amps, while the generator charges it with 0.8amps, while using my TV and one of the receivers uses up about 5amps so what i ended up with is putting the battery into a car everytime it runs too low, so that it charges up appreciably. At the moment, i am scouring the net looking for a circuit diagram for a 12v battery charger that can supply between 4 to 10amps of steady current for charging, while being able to switch to trickle charging after it becomes almost fully charged (i know u are going to say why don't i just buy a charger, problem is i have searched for one but can't find, so i guess i have to build one up from scratch.)

Enigma/Big Joe,

I said i was going to go and trouble shoot that receiver to receiver lnb connection and see what comes up, well, i got home and hooked up the Echolink to the wire from the diseqc, and then took out another connection from the Echolink to the Strong receiver, and voila, the thing started working, moving from channel to channel, i discovered that when the stong is taken to a V channel, H channels on theEcholink refuse to come on, and vice versa. but generally, the connection is manageable for watching my precious football. (i just saw Badaru post that strong no longer opens the jsc sports channels, well, it was fun while it lasted)
By the way Enigma, the problem with living in a box is that it is very difficult to think outside it, i probably would never hav thought out a way to use a quad lnb with a diseqc if u hadn't mentioned that. but i dont need that any more, like i mentioned i am going to have 2 dishes soon one a motorized and the other a fixed dish so each one will use a seperate receiver (everyone has been asking 'what sane person needs 2 1.8m dish at once?).

Broucher

Talking about Jsc sports, there is actually no JSC +1, +2, +3 or +4 on badr sat, just the normal 1 and 2, while on Hotbird, there is no JSC +4 on hotbird, so if are watching JSC +4, then it is only from Nilesat. check your wire connections. (all the info qouted above are from lyngsat, so i might be mistaken).

Beowulf,

If your get around to reading most of the thread, u will see that i have ties to Makurdi, Benue state, u can check my previous posts to see all the posts relevant to your quest. i installed nilesat there with a 1.8m dish, although there were some problems with the dish itself. you could click on my username and you will get to see most of posts. DSTV receivers cannot be used for watching FTA channels, but haven said that, there might be a way to get around that that we are not aware of, so keep reading. the strong 4652 receiver is okay, Badaru swears by it for installation, and you can get patches for it, just search around the thread and u will find links.

Xwallace,

u can use the fuji lnb to complete nilesat package at Nsukka with a 2.4m dish. What u need is patience.

Olofofo My man,

Nice to see you are also installing all around now, keep up the good work.

Toxnaija,

How body?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 4:36pm On Jan 27, 2009
@obnelly,
Am in Abuja. am not too far from dubai!   grin

@Gangsta

Thanks. I  have the Starsat decoder not the echolink. It is simply fantastic.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 27, 2009
@ tox/olofofo/badaru.
Just confirmed from my end here that zain data Xchange is having difficulty, you all will soon be back when it is done.
Using another of my backups reaching out to you, but meanwhile, you all can revert to your-freedom, Gtunnel is down for now.
IP:172.18.254.5
port:8080
username:wap
password:wap

N.B:use the 13 and 16 sevrers all from USA.

@ all,
sorry for the diversion, just want to reach out to my people so as to be able to make contributions on the thread, you all can see the reason why tox has not been posting.
N.B:esp to newbies; and please i wont attend to request on phone concerning this, in case you give me a call, just go to the google group for further info
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 4:54pm On Jan 27, 2009
@Olofofo
I beg link me up to the back house forum. I wouldn't mind getting the link as well , i figure it was a google group right?
Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Jesude: 5:31pm On Jan 27, 2009
goodday to you all,

comrade Alcove x and Maddoxoj where una dey, we miss una voice dis year , hope una dey fine shaaaa, God bless.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 27, 2009
@ all,
just want to use this opportunity in thanking all contributors whether great or small, that you all are apprecited for taking this thread to where it is now, we've  still not gotten to our destination yet, it is until we all are able to give rather than take we are at the destination. When everyone will be so independent of the other. I look forward to the time where 90% of us here will have nilesat in their abodes.

@ nilesat viewers,
am already tired of these nile channels even without watching them, nbut i know i wont be surprise i will prefer w3a to nilesat after i must have installed that naugthy bird by march.

@ badaru,
am still waiting for that dimension.

its true ooo, where is alcoveX, i just hope say no be niger-delta d guy dey reside sha.

maddox,
come out we all are waiting for your long and intresting posts.
@ ola,
try call me up, i have an assignment for you also the same i gave out to oga badaru, na only N250 dey my pocket in my entire life ooo, so i cant make that call.

@ george,
how una wey dey south-south go cooperate? at least we all can see wetin dey happen in that region on a dailiy basis. When i come down south in some months time, i wil like to reach you end, am i invited? i know say u no like me, but i no fit come warri make i no let you know, cos me am not like some people sha. lol

@ baba-egun,
how you dey, just saw your newly added pix on facebook, i still dey wonder ooooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 5:49pm On Jan 27, 2009
@ Enitan,
Please Check I am sending you IMs on Yahoo Messenger.
Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2009
@ Enitan
Needless to say you already left. messenger must be crazy to still show you as online.
Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:13pm On Jan 27, 2009
@enitan,
I'm glad to see back and kicking strong. Welcome. Did you say you plan to visit us here in the
south-south? I hope you're not joking o? Anyway, if true then you are highly welcome anytime.
It will surely be a pleasure to have you in our midst.
And, contrary to what you think, I hold no grudges against you. What would I gain from doing
that? I can't remember any wrong you have done me. And if at all you wronged me without my
knowledge, I forgive you smiley Afterall, if I can forgive those who chose to insult me when I was
congratulating them and advising them, how much more you that have done nothing wrong?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 6:33pm On Jan 27, 2009
@martinlala

try contribute something usefull here instead of chasing after thr group.

@ecowas4all

mail me , olofofo(at)gmail.com

@gangsta

what's the point in gathering knowledge, if you can not put it into practical use?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2009
[QUOTE AUTHOR=broucher]Hello Comrades!

My name is broucher and i just acquired a 2.4m meter strong dish thru olofofo and also an ecolink and am getting Nile sat west. Just want to say thanks F_Marshal who is my uncle and thanks Olofofo for actually showing me access to Show networks. Olofofo went off his way to really assist me in getting hooked up. You are my own Adewest. However I still want to be able to get hot bird channels and any other one available. So I welcome any input from you guys. Toxnaija it's been my pleasure seeing you ,still expecting to see you next week. Thank you everyone for your valuable input for us all novice that love FTA[/Quote]
grin Glad you finally joined the group!! cool FTA is the way to go! Aren't you glad you made the move? No more messing with yeye DSTV!!! cheesy Once again Welcome!!! wink
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2009
@ Gangsta

For JSC +1-4, scan: Nilesat 12284 V 27500; Hotbird 11296 H 27500 and 11179 H 27500.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2009
broucher: I Only have one dish , just experimenting with it. I actually moved it from nilesat position to the east following euteslat w4, I started by 12minding ht and 3am I had lost all signals and couldn't get my Nilesat back.  Again I tried Hotbird by manually following the dstv dish at my end to the east this morning, but by1pm I had achieved nothing.

well the good news is that with olofofo on the phone i was to re -position back to nilesat. ( Take note it wasn't possible to track nilesat again with my ecolink, i had to use strong box to track Intelsat 7/10k, I got MBC4 at this point.  So I  now switched back to the Ecolink at that signal and was able to get nilesat.  I guess am gonna see the game now, that has been my experience for today.   

Thanks again for this forum for their encouragement.
Getting your real first FTA tweaking and tracking action huh? cool One day at a time. Before you know it, you'll be tracking all the birds on the ARC.! Kudos.

@Olofofo, Thanks for all your help to Broucher!!! grin cool
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2009
@ South South people,
My discussion with Adewest this evening was positive. He will be coming to Warri to track far reaching birds such as Nilesat, Astra and Eurobird1. No date has been fixed yet for his visit. We will continue our discussion as soon as he returns back to his homeland.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Adewest coming for real?! Wao! That is good news for all south-south FTA members. Please
try harder. Get him to agree to a date so that we all can work towards it.

Sylvie11 has been so quiet all these months. I hope he is ok? We need to put
him in the picture too. I'm sure he will be interested.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 11:07pm On Jan 27, 2009
hello guys,
its been a while now,i have not been able to make any recent posts for some reasons ,(internet connection), however i m still happy to be back, i ve gone through most of the post and have also upgraded my fta knowledge database, Honestly I d love to have nilesat channels this year What ever possible way, i d like to have a dish that would suit my area,i need Ur advice

@ olofofo. Oga Olofofo Good evening and how is your family, please i would love to have one of the starsat decoder + abracadabra card for show time channels if it is still available, altough i do not have a dish for nilesat (for now), and i was also hoping you could advice me on which dish i can go for because i do not want to make a mistake of acquiring a dish this dry season when these signals are strong only to regret having it when we are into the rainy season , cause this year nilesat is my target. thank you
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:16am On Jan 28, 2009
@chuks101
begin dey safe for 2.4m dish or ultimately 4.4m if you are in lagos. for echolink decoder mail me or call.

cheers.

@butoneday

how una dey. holla me. i need to find out if you can source for cheap projectors for me regarding what we discussed some time ago.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 8:52am On Jan 28, 2009
@ chuks if u dont wan rainy season to disturb u,then go for 4m dish and so as to get all nile channels including showsports. @ olofofo chuks is in owerri. @ enitan bros abeg do something for guys here.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 11:17am On Jan 28, 2009
@Sathob

I'm still waiting for the information on the 2.4m (3m dish e.t.c), we discussed.Price,availability e.t.c to my gmail account at captainus2@gmail.com.

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 12:20pm On Jan 28, 2009
olofofo have u confirmed the bucks?How much is that cheap projector self i want one too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.