Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,995 members, 7,835,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203561 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2009
my mistake, anyway, temporary free cannels on intelsat 68. 5 east, mtv india, vh1,colors, enjoy guys also nickledeon india, adjust the audio to get english language
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ oga adewest,
thanks for that call, really appreciate it. I just hope our meeting to the south-south guys will clash sha, looking forward to seeing you. and be ready to impact 100% of your knowledge on me oooooooooooo. Thanks again
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 11:44pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ enitan
sorry about ur team
@ sayso
tell u frend in ph to look for old fiber dish like 4m,thats`if he's still interesed in nilesat.someone just informed me that he got one old 5m dish for 45k in ph while to mould new 4m is up to 150k here.
@ George D
do u guys get 2m nat in warri?
@ all
does anyone still receive intel 906 3966V/10166 ie. child,tbn and the rest?if yes what is the signal strength?and can anyone in ph still receive it with 2.4m?
@ chuks101
i ll get in touch as soon as i finalized but lets hold on first and see the out come of warri.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 8:49am On Feb 02, 2009
@ enitan
@ All
Please will appreciate if you can send me the tracking channels for Sirius is like am becoming interested in the birds now coz most of the channels on Nss 7 are in french and they are , so am anxiously waiting for it ok
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 9:59am On Feb 02, 2009
pitodenz:

@ sayso
               tell u frend in ph to look for old fiber dish like 4m,thats`if he's still interesed in nilesat.someone just informed me that he got one old 5m dish for 45k in ph while to mould new 4m is up to 150k here.

No wahala I have sent a mail to him
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 02, 2009
@ jossybless, go to lyngsat.com for further details on your request.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olason(m): 3:06pm On Feb 02, 2009
enitan, how body? hope all d info i gave u concerning ur questions were useful 2 u.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2009
@ enitan pls what i mean is the channel/transponder and freeq that you use in tracking the Sirius
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by microgiant: 5:08pm On Feb 02, 2009
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 02, 2009
@ microgiant,
is NSS7 following suit?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 02, 2009
@ jossybless use the below freq, and make sure u achieve the best signal on it
RDV 12554V, 3333
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2009
http://www.nilesat.com.eg/satellite.htm
http://www.space-travel.com/reports/Arianespace_To_Launch_Egyptian_Satellite_Nilesat_201_999.html

check the above link for information concerning nile bird.
Nilesat 101 was launched in 1998, and very sure it has passed its half-life in orbit, while nilesat102 was launched in 2000, i.e about 9 years ago, so i guess the nilesat 201 is just to replace the 101 if eventually it fall out of space in about4-6 years time. The 201 will be launched by the 1st quarter of next year (2010), and it will still be in the same 7W, so we all have 4 birds on that location. What a good thing.

Why cant Nigeria Government approach the manufacturer of these birds to 'fabricate' a similar one for them, instead of approaching the 'shinkos'.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2009
@all>> I have been observing for some days back that TV Malagasy on w3a is off d satellite. Secondly, TP 11191H,3210 on the same w3a is not coming up on 90cm dish. Has anybody observed these changes? I've had two installations on this bird & non of these channels came up. @pitodenz>> I'm still expecting ur mail. @enitan>> We still have to continue the exchange program tonight.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2009
@ Mr GEM,
there's a power tussle between the president of Madagasca and a mayor in that country, so i guess that may contribute of the station being off the air, cos its unlikely of them cos thats the best and most reliable TP on w3a. Well i will be expecting your call tonight sha
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 9:18pm On Feb 02, 2009
@ mr gem
visit www.naijacity.com for all the free browsing cheats.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 10:24pm On Feb 02, 2009
Adewest really appreciate your brotherly support and your humble reception during my short stay in Army barracks.I really appreciate all you thought me and the lesson on the echolink.Whao! i cant wait to plug my echolink to the socket when i got home.I really gbadun all the packages on Nile ranging from showtime to art.I like going motorise one of these days.Thanks so much and my regards to your family .

Enitan its not only show magrabe that is showing EPL show extra too do show and i get that on 2.4m that is where i watched sunderland newcastle.and i think sometime they do swap to the showtime comedy channels to show EPL star matches is dedicated to only showsport1 and2 but you will still love those other channels.

pito 2m national is possible with 90cm if you are very close to lag but you have to be very good at tracking because it involves some technical know how but if you want it at all cost go for 1.8 but as for me i am using 90cm to get it.,but sometimes they do f**k up during their matches mostly week days matches.

Badaru how your end?I have got echolink may be i may sell off the newcamd if you have buyer.I will give you a call later.

olofofo how your end ,i nearly late for work while watching kungfu panda on showcinema .

ola long time no see ,hope you are keeping well and all others ,say what upppppppppp.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 11:44pm On Feb 02, 2009
@ enitan2002
do you mean RDV is working, becos i have their signal ful but has this $ sign and its not airing anything, so i guess they are scrambled, is that correct/?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 11:48pm On Feb 02, 2009
@obnelly
hi sir, i guess there is more life in 2.4M dish ooo, this one that u are almost late for work while watching Kunfu panda, i hope with the ecolink, u will have more english and interesting stations right? i would really love to know exactly what stations one would get without the ecolink receiver but with 2.4M and also station one would receive with ecolink receiver, here in lag, I would appreciate it ooo.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bayo09: 1:37am On Feb 03, 2009
Newbie here,  I intend to go through all the posts in this thread and part 1, but while I do that,  can some tell me what size (and type) of dishes I would need for a guanranteed reception of  Bloomberg on  Nilesat 101 11977 V,  tp 14 in Abuja and in Lagos with a strong signal throughout the whole day?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 1:41am On Feb 03, 2009
Welcome bayo, well if u had really went thru the post, u will see the answer to your question, well according to the pros on here, they advise at least 2.4M dish in Lag and abj for nilesat tracking
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bayo09: 2:03am On Feb 03, 2009
Thanks for your response (and welcome), that's why I asked, Granted I have not read all the posts but from what I have so far I am a bit confused. I have read Adewest say you can get all showtime channels on 1.8m in Abuja guaranteed and you say I need 2.4m.  I know it's not an exact science but I have read a few people say you need 3.0m in Lagos and I'm sure someone said even larger.  I do intend to read all posts but I suppose what I want to know is when people say you can pick up Nilesat with a 1.8m dish in Abuja for instance, how strong is the signal? are they recieving all the channels?  I ask because in one post someone was listing all the channels he recieves and only listed one of the Nilesat frequencies, so when people say they are recieving Nilesat are they getting the whole bouquet of frequencies? and are the signals strong for the quoted dish sizes  'cos I need a strong signal that is reliable 24hrs as it is work related.   Also from what I gather the quality of the dish matters so Am I to believe that a locally fabricated  dish because of imperfections may be a poorer performer than a  "brand name" dish? and may that be one of the reasons for discrepancies in dish sizes? Of course the larger the dish the better the perofrmance but I want to get as small a dish as possible but also meets my requirements for reliability

If I ask seemingly stupid questions, please forgive me, like I said I am a newbie to the whole thing and I am reading all previous posts, it's just taking a while.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 03, 2009
@ bayo, it seems u re already learned in terms of dish size for nile. if u re still in doubt and having problem coming to a conclusion on what size of dish to use,here is my one penny advice, just go for 6m dish either in abuja or lagos for maximum and most reliable signal.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 9:20am On Feb 03, 2009
@ Enitan

Sorry i went off the messenger yesterday. It was the effects of the bad network. I hope you got the offline messeges.

@ All

It is better to check with other people on the forum before adjusting one's dish especially if it was working fine before.
I am talking specifically about the W3 satellite. I adjusted my dish some weeks ago thinking i will get better signals
but it was actually the transponders doing "abracadabra"

Has anyone got the patch that make 4653x to record? Kindly post the link here or send file to the google group.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 12:24pm On Feb 03, 2009
@All
There is a new release for keyssssssssss on crosat today I just check it now by whizkids, so people at home shud pls check and give us feed back if it works I think it is for aljazeera.Thansk ALL
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 12:29pm On Feb 03, 2009
@ All Well I am very sorry coz should have checked before making this post however it is sombody that placed a note to Prof heyzwhizkid complaqining aqbout the keys posted that was not working so pls accept my apology all Nairalanders I did not intend to mislead
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:59pm On Feb 03, 2009
pitodenz:

@ mr gem
visit www.naijacity.com for all the illegal browsing cheats.

@Pito
As disscussed, the correct address is http://naijacity.mobile.web.tr/site/forums.asp?site=naijacity&p=gbv2&un=butoneday&pw=TmjdYgSl&f=41769&mood=
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by microgiant: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2009
@Enitan
NSS Fleet is owned and operated by SES NEW SKIES
atimes satellites are moved to new posistions, Check this link page 10-11 it's a presentation

http://www.gvf.org/docs/wascs3-summit/SES-New-Skies-Showcase-Presentation.pdf

It was planned to Replace NSS5 with NSS7 and SES NEW SKIES has investment interest in SES SIRIUS.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by microgiant: 3:51pm On Feb 03, 2009
so I think, SES-New-Skies is gradually moving all Channels from NSS7 to Sirius 4 in preparation of the relocation of the satellite.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jujukemist(m): 5:00pm On Feb 03, 2009
Enitan how you dey. long time. Gangsta, the issue is still on. But am sound and focused. I hail friendly forces in south south. I pray we can sustain the core values of this forum. Adewest, sorry for colliding with the fibre dish trader-I have often said that we do not need merchants in this forum. there is a charlie Oscar in Benin I gave your number to.I will tell him when you will be in warri. Be warned cool coolthere is the risk of you being kidnapped. I dont know why somebody was shouting that you are a combantant,it increases your risk.However i pray otherwise.
Pls Pls Mr Osef you are taking this dead issue too far. you are not worthy to worship me-I do not need you to worship me. For God sake you came to kaduna I took you in my ride as if I was your taxi driver,bought the things you bought, took you to the park, What else do you want again,pls just leave me alone. I WILL NEVER respond to you again-Black hole.
Alcove x you should have sought me out while you passed thru kaduna. long time . respect to all those who are at the cutting edge of our FTA. Twinstaiye, I owe you a video contact. Thank you all
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2009
echolink users,
NEWS:
02-01-08
ABRACADABRA Update:
- Added addult packages:
http://www.satisfaction3.it/prodotti.php
3 channels in Hotbird (13E 11727 V 27500)
15 channels in Eurobird 9 (9E 12092 H 27500)
Autoroll only works in Eurobird 9 so once you get
new keys the 3 Horbird channels are also deciphered.
AUTOROLL DON'T WORKS IN HOTBIRD CHANNELS
- Enhanced autoroll times in all packages.

all,
Malagasy tv shut down by protesters.
GTV liquidated.
who is next?
how far with jsc+ patch?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 03, 2009
@ tox,
thanks for that update.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2009
@ tox,
awus-su-bilahii,
what link did you put in your last post? You've made me to commit and view sinful pictures. May my sins be removed and get added to yours what what you've done ooooooo.
It's beter you remove that link of yours oooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.