Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (345549 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bororojo:

Look at their statures/ bodies of the ladies- who is more endowed?? --- Infact forget about facial beauty for now.
this notion that Fulani women are all scrawny isnt entirely true, but then again.... what if they all were... so what?
our own will always be our own .....
that's right, no matter what.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bororojo:

I believe you are from Senegal?
I dont know about you area, but in my neck of the woods, the nomads and their recent descendants are the Purest Fulanis (that includes myself and my close and distant people)....... The only place where I have found equivalents are some other parts of Nigeria/Cameroon, and Fouta Djallon. (Althugh Fouta Djallon Fulbe dont have true nomads anymore, i wonder why) I was speaking to this Pullo from Guinea, and i shared with him a picture of a Nomad with his cows.... and he said "Oh I am so proud", this is the depiction of our ancestors and roots"
I was like uhhhm..... you realize this pic is from 2014 bro?
When the Islamists took over Futa Jallon, the Poulli or Fulbe Burure (bush fulanis) were push toward the South. I was also surprised when I learned that fulbe were all the way at the border with Liberia. They engage in trading with Liberians and Sierra Leonese for the most part.
Fulbe in Futa Jallon tend to have ranches. A lot of modernization needs to be done with them though.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
Omarbah:
When the Islamists took over Futa Jallon, the Poulli or Fulbe Burure (bush fulanis) were push toward the South. I was also surprised when I learned that fulbe were all the way at the border with Liberia. They engage in trading with Liberians and Sierra Leonese for the most part.
Fulbe in Futa Jallon tend to have ranches. A lot of modernization needs to be done with them though.

Wait a minute....
does the highlighted mean the same thing as Fulbe/ Pullo Bororo??
because it means the exact same thing in Fudnaange shocked I am surprised you people actually have that word.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
Omarbah:
Good idea, as long as they still call themselves Fulbe and retain part of the culture, there is hope. If the incentive to learn the language is there they will go for it. It's tough when everyone around you abandons their language for Hausa and have you hold on to it. I bet Fulanis have a good reputation in the North West due to this blending.
In Guinea , one of the reason others dislike Fulbe is that we refuse blatantly to speak any other language but ours or French even when we immigrate elsewhere. I've seen Fulbe born and raised in Conakry that do not speak Susu at all. Because we usually have our own neighborhoods everywhere we go. Now days there is a new trend in Conakry, everyone speaks or understands Pulaar. The Susu are fond of mocking Fulbe for loosing the 2010 elections and they prefer doing in Pulaar LOL. Plus speaking Pulaar can make the difference between lowering the price at the market or walking home empty handed wink
PS: Did you know that Omar Sy, the French comedian of Senegalese descent speaks Pulaar? He was born and raised in France.

As we speak Fulfulde is the most widely spoken indigenous language in all of Cameroon and it is still expanding. A lot of other peoples have learnt and mastered the language..... Guinea and Cameroon make me a proud Pullo.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bororojo:
Wait a minute....
does the highlighted mean the same thing as Fulbe/ Pullo Bororo??
because it means the exact same thing in Fudnaange shocked I am surprised you people actually have that word.
it does mean bush fulanis LOL, the Islamists from Mali and Senegal labelled them that way because they were reticent to embrace Islam and were ready to fight along with Jallonke.
Did you know that Jallon stands for Jallonke? The people that use to dominate the area before the Fulbe took it?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Fulaman198: @Bororojo ada andi gimowo Hausajo Abdou Salam? Mido yidi album mako 'ekhass tende'. Mido jogii album mako 'Bayun maata'. A jaraama sanne modibbo.

eeyo, mi andi mo. Min wonii hedditowo gimii muudum.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
Omarbah:
it does mean bush fulanis LOL, the Islamists from Mali and Senegal labelled them that way because they were reticent to embrace Islam and were ready to fight along with Jallonke.
Did you know that Jallon stands for Jallonke? The people that use to dominate the area before the Fulbe took it?

How interesting, because in the East, the bush Fulbe are also the least religious Fulani.... even till now....
Yes, I knew that the Jallon stood for the Jallonke, an aboriginal people of FJ. They are a Manden people, right?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bororojo:

As we speak Fulfulde is the most widely spoken indigenous language in all of Cameroon and it is still expanding. A lot of other peoples have learnt and mastered the language..... Guinea and Cameroon make me a proud Pullo.
that's the way to go. Once you bring into trade, and main stream media, the language becomes unstoppable. They do have a few rich Fulbe up there in Cameroon don't they? I know Ahmadou Danpullo and Mohammadou Abbo Ousmanou or Fadil.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bororojo:

How interesting, because in the East, the bush Fulbe are also the least religious Fulani.... even till now....
Yes, I knew that the Jallon stood for the Jallonke, an aboriginal people of FJ. They are a Manden people, right?
they are, like everyone else in Guinea who are ganging up on us, but it's all good. Fulanis perform better under attack. wink
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
Fulaman198: Puccu ngu Lamido Bororojo

Ndaar Nguu Puccu no dʼum woodi. Miyetti massin, amma mi wonaa lamdo. wink

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
Omarbah:
they are, like everyone else in Guinea who are ganging up on us, but it's all good. Fulanis perform better under attack. wink

Guinea is an interesting case.
It is about 45% Fulbe.
the rest are various Mande groups.......

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bororojo:

Guinea is an interesting case.
It is about 45% Fulbe.
the rest are various Mande groups.......
It's actually about 40% I think. The lack of statistics make it hard to find an exact number. Nobody wants to do a census about the ethnic groups. Things can get quickly out of control.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
Omarbah:
It's actually about 40% I think. The lack of statistics make it hard to find an exact number. Nobody wants to do a census about the ethnic groups. Things can get quickly out of control.
that 40% is just the "pacifying" figure for everybody.....
I have seen old statistics that Put the Fulani at around 45% and the Malinke at 27-28%

everything was rounded up to the nearest whole number, to make everyone happy, i.e Fulas 40%, Malinke 30%, Susu 20%..... lol, these figures do not look suspicious to you? lol, i mean, i would expect something like 43% 28%, 21%...something like that
....... If you want to know the true picture of Ethnicity in Guinea, go have a look at the result of the first round of elections where Sellu emerged with a clear cut majority, didn't he get more than double the figures for the second runner up Conde??
or was there another Malinke candidate i dont know about.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Here i found it.....
first round, when there were many candidates from all across the country, everyone was too busy voting their ethnic groups. The Fulani emerged victorious by an extremely wide margin (44%).... unfortunately they were just short of the 50% needed to avoid a run-off election by a tiny margin.... Even won Conakry and Kindia in the first round. (that tells a lot)

second round/ run off , when only the Fulani and the Malinke candidate (who actually came second and actually loosing to sellu by a wide margin, only managing to garner 18.2% of the votes.) remained in running.... before everyone knew what was happening, it became Fulani vs THE REST OF GUINEA..... look at the second map, everyone voted against Sellu, except Fouta.

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bororojo:

Ndaar Nguu Puccu no dʼum woodi. Miyetti massin, amma mi wonaa lamdo. wink

Insha'Allah you will be one of these days I pray that you do or governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
Fulaman198:

Insha'Allah you will be one of these days I pray that you do or governor

loool.... Ok then.
when we both become governors, we will work together on a lot of issues...
those Fulani grazing reserves will be expanded to 10 times their current sizes.... lol wink

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
Omarbah:
LOL you think? Not all of it is copying. They have some distinctive African styles like the song Nek Unek , it's African. Pakuromo of Wizkid and Skelewu (the song not the video) are Afrobeats too. P Square are the ones that really go full western, like their recent song, I don't like it.
You can't walk into an African parties without hearing Nigerian songs. You guys are taking over.

I dunno man I guess I need to open my horizons I can't stand that kind of "African" music. Maybe I'm just old school for a young man. I'm very traditional I guess.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bororojo:

loool.... Ok then.
those Fulani grazing reserves will be expanded to 10 times their current sizes.... lol wink

Amiin I agree with you my brother that will most certainly happen.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bororojo:
that 40% is just the "pacifying" figure for everybody.....
I have seen old statistics that Put the Fulani at around 45% and the Malinke at 27-28%

everything was rounded up to the nearest whole number, to make everyone happy, i.e Fulas 40%, Malinke 30%, Susu 20%..... lol, these figures do not look suspicious to you? lol, i mean, i would expect something like 43% 28%, 21%...something like that
....... If you want to know the true picture of Ethnicity in Guinea, go have a look at the result of the first round of elections where Sellu emerged with a clear cut majority, didn't he get more than double the figures for the second runner up Conde??
or was there another Malinke candidate i dont know about.

I agree with the bolded
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 7:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bororojo: Here i found it.....
first round, when there were many candidates from all across the country, everyone was too busy voting their ethnic groups. The Fulani emerged victorious by an extremely wide margin (44%).... unfortunately they were just short of the 50% needed to avoid a run-off election by a tiny margin.... Even won Conakry and Kindia in the first round. (that tells a lot)

second round/ run off , when only the Fulani and the Malinke candidate (who actually came second and actually loosing to sellu by a wide margin, only managing to garner 18.2% of the votes.) remained in running.... before everyone knew what was happening, it became Fulani vs THE REST OF GUINEA..... look at the second map, everyone voted against Sellu, except Fouta.

Conakry and Kindia have a large percentage of Fulbe. Kindia has almost become a Fulbe town since the MP from the region is of Sellu's party. People from that city tend to speak or at least understand Pulaar.
They really did us dirty in 2010 even some of my close friends turned their back on me. It's like everybody was plotting in secret to do everything to avoid Sellu coming to power. But like we say, Janfa wonda e nafa. Now days those regretting his election the most are those that voted for him. You know I bet even in Nigeria, Fulanis hate relying on government. So good or bad government, we still fend for ourselves. Plus the Susu have smaller members of the government compared to Fulbe. They are starting to turn their backs on Conde now and many are joining Sellu's party.
Some Susu actually voted for Sellu despite Conde winning the majority of their votes. They are the same ones joining the opposition today. That's why Conde lost the legislative elections in Conakry and Kindia.
Actually Conde is making a push in Futa Jallon, it's like they want to "make up" after the back stabbing. He has realized that nobody can run Guinea without us whether we vote for you or not.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bororojo:

loool.... Ok then.
why not choose ranches instead?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
OmarBah I look forward to the day you become president of Guinea cheesy
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
Omarbah:
that's the way to go. Once you bring into trade, and main stream media, the language becomes unstoppable. They do have a few rich Fulbe up there in Cameroon don't they? I know Ahmadou Danpullo and Mohammadou Abbo Ousmanou or Fadil.

that actually reminds, many Mbororo in Cameroun hate this an....
he is accused of land grabbing of many Fulani lands to build his numerous cattle ranches, Human right abuses of fulani etc.......

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
Omarbah, is there anywhere i can get the full report on the results of the legislative elections?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 8:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bororojo: Omarbah, is there anywhere i can get the full report on the results of the legislative elections?
Here is a link for the electoral commission
http://www.ceniguinee.org/legislatives2013_resprov_doc_02.pdf
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
RPG Arc en Ciel is the party of Conde, it's a coalition with smaller other parties. UFDG is that of Sellu.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
You both are really into politics geez. I am more into computer technology and infrastructure and internet pipelines and the development of modern Internet technologies in the West African region. I guess that can be tied into politics somehow.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
I follow politics a lot specially Guinean, Senegalese and Nigerian politics. Like I know Nigerian history from the independence struggle with figures like Awo and the Sardauna.
You know our people are great in numbers and we have a strong culture that help us thrive in harsh environment. We should not seat back and assume second roles in the political affairs of the countries we live in even if we are a minority.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
Omarbah: I follow politics a lot specially Guinean, Senegalese and Nigerian politics. Like I know Nigerian history from the independence struggle with figures like Awo and the Sardauna.
You know our people are great in numbers and we have a strong culture that help us thrive in harsh environment. We should not seat back and assume second roles in the political affairs of the countries we live in even if we are a minority.

I agree with you that we do indeed have politicians that are great in numbers and whilst I would love to indeed contribute my share of political greatness to help the West African region overall, I can not deny my undying passion for science, technological innovations and math. I'm sure there is some way to intertwine both technological innovations and politics. In a way, both go hand in hand.

My question for you and the other Fulbe (Fulani) on Nairaland (I actually know that there are more Fulani than just me, you and Bororojo) they just refuse to post what they have on their mind. Let me stop didlidalying about and get to the point. I want to know how you think we should evolve the Fulbe people. What I mean is that we can't just abandon something like cattle-herding in favour of engineering or some other things that make a pullo a pullo. I don't know if I'm being clear. Feel free to ask more questions in order to validate what I'm trying to say.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:19am On Sep 12, 2014
Division of labor is what advances a nation/people. Skills in various fields such as engineering, science, technology, law etc... need to be developed. Now the question is how do we do this and still be ourselves. Well I have thought of it, without pretending to have a definite answers, I think our language and culture need to introduced into main stream culture like movies, trade, music, writing poetry and multiplying cultural events at local schools to encourage our kids to embrace their culture. What Bororojo said about him being Governor of Taraba state and pushing for the language is the right idea. He won't probably impose it upon everyone but introducing it in the curriculum will do great good.
As far as cattle rearing, I am a proponent of ranches. Our Fulbe bororo brothers should build partnerships and start to settle. The scarcity of land will only increase and conflicts with farmers will amplify if we don't do it. It has an economic side to it too. Once you settle, you can spend a portion of time working and the other taking care of the cattle. You increase your revenue and the kids go to school. A whole new industry of dairy products could rise and with it our community will have a constant supply of resources to improve our conditions. It will be in sort our "cash cow". This is what Fulbe of Guinea have chosen. But we still need to improve the ranches, build more training schools and educate the diaspora about investing in businesses, not just building houses that nobody inhabit for most of the year.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 1:15am On Sep 12, 2014
Omarbah: Division of labor is what advances a nation/people. Skills in various fields such as engineering, science, technology, law etc... need to be developed. Now the question is how do we do this and still be ourselves. Well I have thought of it, without pretending to have a definite answers, I think our language and culture need to introduced into main stream culture like movies, trade, music, writing poetry and multiplying cultural events at local schools to encourage our kids to embrace their culture. What Bororojo said about him being Governor of Taraba state and pushing for the language is the right idea. He won't probably impose it upon everyone but introducing it in the curriculum will do great good.
As far as cattle rearing, I am a proponent of ranches. Our Fulbe bororo brothers should build partnerships and start to settle. The scarcity of land will only increase and conflicts with farmers will amplify if we don't do it. It has an economic side to it too. Once you settle, you can spend a portion of time working and the other taking care of the cattle. You increase your revenue and the kids go to school. A whole new industry of dairy products could rise and with it our community will have a constant supply of resources to improve our conditions. It will be in sort our "cash cow". This is what Fulbe of Guinea have chosen. But we still need to improve the ranches, build more training schools and educate the diaspora about investing in businesses, not just building houses that nobody inhabit for most of the year.

That is well said bro. Bororojo and you seem to have the right mindset to develop the fulbe ethnic group. Guinea does not seem to have any problems though bringing out Fulani speaking films. I would say the worst by far is Nigeria.

I have seen many Guinean Fulbe films, Senegalese Fulbe films, and Malian Fulbe films. It seems as if Nigeria has zero. Even the film "waali jam" was completely in Hausa despite having a Fulani title.

I love yours and Bororojo's ideas. I'm just thinking about how we would implement them. You both have a strong business mindset though I also doubt that both of you are businessmen. I have a feeling that Bororojo works in the medical field (sorry Bororojo I know you don't want me to talk about it, but that's what I think) and you are doing civil engineering.

I'm thinking about building an engineering school for nomads in Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon and Chad one of these days. That should help Fulani and other nomadic groups prosper in education because the problem right now is that in some countries like Niger, some people who aren't able to rear and herd cattle end up working extremely arduous jobs because they lack the proper education to get anything else. With an engineering technological school, youths will be given the opportunity to develop programming skills, evolve their mathematical foundation, work with the sciences (Fulbe are already good with plant medication, can you imagine how well we would do in the actual medical and pharmaceutical world?) All these skills will coach nomadic children in order to prepare them for University (even considering teaching some University level courses in a nomadic school).

In any case, talk is cheap. Actions speak much larger than words.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:26pm On Sep 12, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.