Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,718 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (638068 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shyshally(f): 12:02am On Feb 06, 2015
^^^^thanks dear,I just wish it were easier
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by birdman(m): 1:22am On Feb 06, 2015
shyshally:
Its nice finding a thread for introverts,came online today searching for a thread like this,am an introvert,like a chronic one,I live in my head,I have my own world there,and its pretty awesome,the only problem is that no1 seems to understand the kind of person I am.most of my life I've never had a close friend,not even a best friend,people seem to judge me from afar that am boring,not lively,rude,proud,and its really hard not letting these things get to me,hence I suffer from depression atimes when it gets to lonely.but other than that,I'll never give up my introvertism for anything,its helped me realize who I am and helped me become better,so am I the only one like that here?having a problem with having friends and keeping them?

I have a right to intrude on this thread, having been classified as an introvert at some point tongue

none of the things you mentioned is specific to introverts.Perhaps you are just reserved? The fact that you get depressed being lonely to me is a clue that your current state is not really who you are. An introvert by definition loves being alone. Obviously you DO want the opposite, even a close friend or a best friend. Abeg dont waste time reinforcing yesterdays's psychological theories that have already been discarded.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by CHARLYX9: 11:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
shyshally:
Its nice finding a thread for introverts,came online today searching for a thread like this,am an introvert,like a chronic one,I live in my head,I have my own world there,and its pretty awesome,the only problem is that no1 seems to understand the kind of person I am.most of my life I've never had a close friend,not even a best friend,people seem to judge me from afar that am boring,not lively,rude,proud,and its really hard not letting these things get to me,hence I suffer from depression atimes when it gets to lonely.but other than that,I'll never give up my introvertism for anything,its helped me realize who I am and helped me become better,so am I the only one like that here?having a problem with having friends and keeping them?
kip on masturbating and deceiving urself u wud die of depression u beta stp that nonsense b4 u hate ur entire life.i dnt knw why i laugh at people like this.continue.lol
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bringbackdgirls: 12:09am On Feb 08, 2015
shyshally:
try engaging in activities you like eg reading, programming and you wont feel lonely again. For me, i love programming so i dont feel lonely because it takes all my time.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by akpos4uall(m): 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
Does this mean I fall into this category according to this thread
www.nairaland.com/2083981/how-may-earn-back-respect

akpos4uall:
Please bear with me if this is too long. I have no choice but to give as much details as possible.
I'm in my late 20's but I've never been in a relationship. I just got a job as a teacher in a newly opened primary school september last year. I used to share my views with fellow staff about me not accepting that the bible is infallible & I don't need a woman in my life. Along the line, I was beginning to like the attitude of this lady towards. While I'm alone at work, she'll come to me to share her life story with me & I'll return the favor but I didn't want to take it further because the first day I met her, she introduced a young man to my proprietor right in front of me as her husband(I found out later that they've been in a relationship for 2years).

She changed her attitude towards me after an encounter with her. On a certain saturday, I was on my way in town when she saw me from afar and started hailing/greeting me but I ignored her. She even wanted to cross to the other side of the road to get to me but she turned back when she noticed my reaction. Before this encounter, she had asked me questions in school such as: why is it that I hardly make or receive calls from friends & am I sure this phone of mine belongs to me because I have more pics of my siblings than mine on it. By wednesday the following week, I apologized to her, telling her that I'm trying to change because of her. There she made me realized that I had done something similar to her before. Actually I have treated the few other ladies that have attempted getting close to me all my life in a similar way. I didn't really value greetings from ladies till then.

There and then she told me more bitter truth about how I'm living my life. According to her, people have been asking her if I'm sick/normal. It seems it is only there in the school that I associate with others. Once we've closed, I lock myself up at home. I don't interact with anyone, its just me & my phone. In short, what is it that I'm always doing with my phone. How will I say that I don't need a woman? Am I an homo or what?

These were really touching words. I really wanted to change. I used to stay online till as late as 2, 3 or even 4am but now I go to bed as early as 9pm. As a result of this, I end up waking up as early as 1am but can't go back to bed. Few weeks later, she too was beginning to act like before. I asked for her contact but she refused. I worsened everything the day I told her that I was beginning to have sleepless nights because of her in front of a fellow staff(her closest among us) & I will like to spend the rest of my life with her.

Now I've lost the respect she had for me. She no longer wants to have anything to do with me. Whatever move I make, she counters with the line "don't come near me, I already have a man."
Although I'm ready to let go of her, I just can't bear it seeing her everyday at work, acting like someone keeping malice with me. I no longer have the confidence to speak to her. What may I do to earn the respect as a fellow staff.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bringbackdgirls: 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2015
akpos4uall:
Does this mean I fall into this category according to this thread
www.nairaland.com/2083981/how-may-earn-back-respect

quite sad. But the truth is that you try to be who you are not. You will end up hurting yourself more. Look at all you have lost now loss of self esteem, respect, company etc. Dont try to change yourself unless you dont like yourself. Please yourself more instead of trying to please others. What will be will be. Dont open up to people about yourself unless they are your nuclear family members or the person is 99% your friend or else you will be vulnurable to them and they will most likely exploit you and hurt you more.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Odawayii(f): 9:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
After going through all the posts on this tread, I found out that am an introvert no matter what. But when I was much younger I was an extrovert if I'm not mistaken, because I did everything a teenager supposed to do unlike a man on this tread that said his little son like staying alone.

During my collage days I practised lesbian even in my early days in the university may be because of the kind of friends I kept them but at my year 2 I stopped it, though I can't tell how it happened may be when I dropped my bad friends but I thank God for everything.

I noticed am an introvert when I could not speak in public, express myself well, always withholding to myself, so scared of making mistake, i rather be shivering when talking in public than been bold. when I defended my project during my undergraduate days, it was too obvious that my supervisor had to intervene I wonder what would've happened that day.

I think I've really improved a bit because my husband is an extrovert but I still keep to myself a lot even at that, on the issue of making friends hmmm, I rather stay indoor with my phone and PC from morning till nite even a whole year than making a friend or visiting, as am writing now I don't have any friend and am not bordered about it.

Last week I defended my MSc project, even when I know how i carried out my research work, saying it before my Lecturers & colleagues became an issue though I was able to say something but not the way it have been.

I actually think am an introvert from birth just that friends influenced me as a teenager may be because of the environment I found myself then but I became real me at adult days when nobody could influence me any longer .

7 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by duduade: 8:11am On Feb 22, 2015
Welcome me o...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by duduade: 8:19am On Feb 22, 2015
kemiola89:
^^^^ You are not alone dear, its like the norm for most introverts like us. Keeping friends comes with some kind of huge responsibility and some of us just can't seem to wrap our head around that, though sometimes it does make us feel lonely and depressed. undecided This is who we are!
looooool... Exactly
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by arcbay(m): 11:05am On Feb 22, 2015
I don't know if I belong in here, not sure I'm one but I know I'm close to being one...

When I was growing up, I found out I'm happier staying all by myself than hanging out with family or friends. I grew into a shy n timid man... I live a solitary life, no friends, no social life, I have some social habits tho.... If I'm not at work, then I'm indoors, either with my dogs or on a film... I can't face a crowd, I get tongue-tied, I begin to look for ways around words... I can't look straight into people's eyes or lock a gaze for more than 5secs max. I found out I' can be a better friend over the net... I withdraw myself from people avoiding physical contact as much as possible, I re-schedule appointments, not because I'm busy, but because I feel I'm not ready to face the person at that time... So people tagged me a snub, some say I'm proud, many think I'm full of myself but I say I'M NORMAL.

To make up for my shyness and cover up for the attitude, I developed this wonderful sense of humor.... I'll give an example...
Like on a Monday morning at work, upon seeing a colleague, I will pass a funny comment about her dressing or beauty, the type of comment that leaves you blushing, so before she's had the chance to recover from the blow, I'll be out of sight and in my confines again...

I also have several other strategies I use but it has only helped a bit... I'd appreciate other means I can learn in here.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
Welcome onboard. Are you shy and introverted?
duduade:
Welcome me o...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
Welcome on board, are you shy and introverted?
duduade:
Welcome me o...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
arcbay:
I don't know if I belong in here, not sure I'm one but I know I'm close to being one...

When I was growing up, I found out I'm happier staying all by myself than hanging out with family or friends. I grew into a shy n timid man... I live a solitary life, no friends, no social life, I have some social habits tho.... If I'm not at work, then I'm indoors, either with my dogs or on a film... I can't face a crowd, I get tongue-tied, I begin to look for ways around words... I can't look straight into people's eyes or lock a gaze for more than 5secs max. I found out I' can be a better friend over the net... I withdraw myself from people avoiding physical contact as much as possible, I re-schedule appointments, not because I'm busy, but because I feel I'm not ready to face the person at that time... So people tagged me a snub, some say I'm proud, many think I'm full of myself but I say I'M NORMAL.

To make up for my shyness and cover up for the attitude, I developed this wonderful sense of humor.... I'll give an example...
Like on a Monday morning at work, upon seeing a colleague, I will pass a funny comment about her dressing or beauty, the type of comment that leaves you blushing, so before she's had the chance to recover from the blow, I'll be out of sight and in my confines again...

I also have several other strategies I use but it has only helped a bit... I'd appreciate other means I can learn in here.
You know majority of introverts are able to interact with people they are conversant with. Is this technique helping you?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by duduade: 9:39am On Feb 26, 2015
Olarewajub:
Welcome on board, are you shy and introverted?
loooool.. Yes o
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by duduade: 9:40am On Feb 26, 2015
Olarewajub:
You know majority of introverts are able to interact with people they are conversant with. Is this technique helping you?
yes..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:49am On Feb 26, 2015
So what are you doing about your shy nature?
duduade:
loooool.. Yes o
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by arcbay(m): 1:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
Olarewajub:

Sure...In as much as my nature tries to pull me back into my shell, I crave the company of those folks i'm close to.....
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by duduade: 1:07pm On Feb 26, 2015
Olarewajub:
So what are you doing about your shy nature?
i try to mix more but still the idea of independency cannot just be overlooked.. Most people think i have *skoinskoin*... Thats the period when to them i act really funny... Loooool... I blow very hot and atimes cold.. i could be inside for days and people wont know atall
On the other side, when i am with people i feel so comfy with.. The cheerful side.. Laughter just seems to amaze everyone.. On the issues of close friends, i do have just one, and i seem to be drifting from that person sef. I see friendship as a whole burden, the whole back and forth, recieving and giving... buh in i am happy..
To some other people its like im heartless, to them i seem not to be disturbed about other peoples concerns but the truth is i just do not like poking my nose into other peoples business.. I really worked hard to get to where i am today with the aid of my family and a few selected people who have helped me mould me into what i am today.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bringbackdgirls: 1:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
duduade:
i try to mix more but still the idea of independency cannot just be overlooked.. Most people think i have *skoinskoin*... Thats the period when to them i act really funny... Loooool... I blow very hot and atimes cold.. i could be inside for days and people wont know atall
On the other side, when i am with people i feel so comfy with.. The cheerful side.. Laughter just seems to amaze everyone.. On the issues of close friends, i do have just one, and i seem to be drifting from that person sef. I see friendship as a whole burden, the whole back and forth, recieving and giving... buh in i am happy..
To some other people its like im heartless, to them i seem not to be disturbed about other peoples concerns but the truth is i just do not like poking my nose into other peoples business.. I really worked hard to get to where i am today with the aid of my family and a few selected people who have helped me mould me into what i am today.
yes o independence is the key o. I dnt think i cn work under anybody again cos they wud want 2control u by makin u behave in certain ways which might be against ur own philosophy.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by duduade: 2:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
bringbackdgirls:
yes o independence is the key o. I dnt think i cn work under anybody again cos they wud want 2control u by makin u behave in certain ways which might be against ur own philosophy.
looool..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Happy Easter to all the Introverts on Nairaland.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 06, 2015
To me,being a chronic introvert is not easy.
Sometimes I really get tired of it all.
Unless you are very close to me,to talk sef na wahala.
It's very bad when people do not seem to understand you..then plus shyness phew! Na war.
Abeg I tire jaree..

#TeamHomealone undecided

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:32am On Apr 06, 2015
Optimall:
It's very bad when people do not seem to understand you..then plus shyness phew! Na war.
Abeg I tire jaree..

#TeamHomealone undecided
Good to have you here. Hope you didn't celebrate your Easter indoor?. What measures are you putting in place to eliminate your shy nature?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by munalight(f): 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
corisande:
present! !
People think I'm a snub and not approachable
I don't keep/have friends
*boring*
U r very correct.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by CHARLYX9: 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
Optimall:
Abeg I tire jaree..

#TeamHomealone undecided
happy easter masturbator continue
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
CHARLYX9:
Can you just stop this shit?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
Olarewajub:
Good to have you here. Hope you didn't celebrate your Easter indoor?. What measures are you putting in place to eliminate your shy nature?
Hy.. no measures really.
Nice to see you
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
CHARLYX9:

Unfortunately am clean.. no immoral ish.
I have more important things to attend to than to do such smiley

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 3:31am On Apr 08, 2015
Optimall:
Hy.. no measures really.
Nice to see you
Ah, you have to do something about that o.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:04am On Apr 08, 2015
Olarewajub:
Ah, you have to do something about that o.

Like?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 5:14am On Apr 08, 2015
Optimall:

Like?
Trying to relate with people, join a group, practice the act of public speaking et al.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Meklex(m): 7:53am On Apr 08, 2015
I am a partial introvert(not a full one), I would say I'm an ambivert but I recline more towards introversion, I get all fuzzy about public speaking, but I am still a working progress, I can talk with total strangers comfortably, I have a sarcastic nature and a huge sense of humour and I don't have a girlfriend, I see relationship as some sort of a
burden. The fact that I know my way around technology brings all sorts of people and they will say that I am a nice person to be with but inwardly I knew the demons I had to fight in order to relate well with them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.