Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (638018 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 6:32am On Apr 14, 2015
Mzsunshine:
I'm like a chronic introvert get really shy and uncomfortable wen around new people but I adjust with time I prefer staying indoors in my own private space n recently found out my boyfriend termed me as "boring" that I liked be on my own n I was so comfortable with it, very funny.. I have no social life I honestly don't knw why.. People think I'm a snub or too proud but they just don't knw how much I try to be "normal"
For introverts, nothing beats having your 'alone' time. I went on hiatus because I needed that much 'space' so badly cheesy . You can choose to either be proud of who you are or conform to other people's standard.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 7:09am On Apr 14, 2015
smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 7:13am On Apr 14, 2015
classicB:
Please help me o, my introversion is destroying my friendship with friends. They think I intentionally isolate myself from them. One told me that I love to be alone which is true, bf said am boring.
I dnt easily get angry too and I dnt want people to take me for granted cos of that.
As an introvert how do you manage your friendship with friends and lovers
A true friend that understands and cares about you can hear you even when you're quiet. Make friends with such kind of people and you'd have less to worry about.

I don't keep much friends and the few ones in my life are the true definition of friends, they understand me perfectly. We could go on for months without communicating but when we eventually 'd see, we'd relate like we've never been apart and yet we stay miles apart, distance has never been a barrier in our relationship. Those are the kind of friends I keep!

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 7:20am On Apr 14, 2015
fflamingo:
Yeah, I had same situation, even till now except the boring aspect. I think if they are to place 10 people on ground; 8 will say am the most boring-est and foolish person in this world, 2 will say am funny, jovial and I take life too easy. Now this is it, those 2 were the people I practically spent most of my days with. And those 8 said am foolish because they expect me to take the bull by its horn in every single decision. So to manage friendship, the best situation is to bone their words. I swear their parent secretly wish they should just be easy-going like you.
As for your BF, if he doesn't understand you within six month, am scared he may not really know where your comfort lies. And he would take you for granted. for instance there was a silly time when I don't know how to woõ a butterfly, so I think she take advantages of my always jovial-simple mood that I don't get angry so she start misbehaving, no control and her basic sense flew to the window. She took me for granted; pushed me to the wall. I did the needful which she never expected. Delete her.
To cut the story short most people that said am the most foolish person, later said am a green snake under the green grass.
in summary manage to treat everybody like a friend and be quick to draw the line, always let people to take up that space you really love but never trade it for your happiness.

Oh I hate long speeches but thank God they've left.
I typed this shít stùpidly during awkward situation so this post might be stupìd
Nope, it ain't stupid, you made lotta sense.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 7:40am On Apr 14, 2015
pepeyoyo:
honestly its not easy being an introvert the ppl around u who are impatient conclude you are a snub. for instance i noticed that each time i make conscious effort to initiate conversations i talk too much and almost get myself in trouble. but unfortunately i get bored and need company a times.
question: is it normal to crave company sometimes and want your space mostly?
yes, it is normal to want to be in the company of 'friends' at times but when you are at it, try to always be yourself (even if that means talking till the whole world falls by all means do grin )you'd be surprised by how much other people 'd always crave to be in your company.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by buccunmie(m): 7:47am On Apr 14, 2015
kemiola89:
A true friend that understands and cares about you can hear you even when you're quiet. Make friends with such kind of people and you'd have less to worry about.

I don't keep much friends and the few ones in my life are the true definition of friends, they understand me perfectly. We could go on for months without communicating but when we eventually 'd see, we'd talk about everything in the world. Those are the kind of friends I keep!
Hmmmmmm, my very own type of person............I remember one of my close friends, each time she calls and I say sorry av not bin checking on you, she'll say no problem I understand. I even thought she will stop calling but shez a sure bet to call or ping at least once in a week.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 8:04am On Apr 14, 2015
Double post
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 8:06am On Apr 14, 2015
buccunmie:

Hmmmmmm, my very own type of person............I remember one of my close friends, each time she calls and I say sorry av not bin checking on you, she'll say no problem I understand. I even thought she will stop calling but shez a sure bet to call or ping at least once in a week.
Life becomes more and more peaceful when you have such kind of people as friends.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
have i visited this thread before? olarewajub, yh. i am. But i really don't want to be.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
gloriaz:
have i visited this thread before? olarewajub, yh. i am. But i really don't want to be.
Don't want to be? I read your diary and decided to tag you. Anyway, was not aware you've been here. Cheers!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 2:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
kemiola89:
For introverts, nothing beats having your 'alone' time. I went on hiatus because I needed that much 'space' so badly cheesy . You can choose to either be proud of who you are or conform to other people's standard.
I agree with you intoto. There is definitely nothing wrong in being an introvert, you only have a problem when you're Shyly introverted.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2015
No, i don't want to be an introvert. I want to be able to initiate a conversation in life, not just online. I want to be able to talk to a person, and keep.on talking, not just stop talking awkwardly when i have nothing to say. Sometimes, i just cut the phone when i don't have anything to say and let you assume i have network issues. When am travelling, i want to be able to talk to the person beside me, and not just be on my phone all the time. And talking to boys is even a no go area for me. I don't want to be an introvert. I will need people sooner or later...

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
gloriaz:
No, i don't want to be an introvert. I want to be able to initiate a conversation in life, not just online. I want to be able to talk to a person, and keep.on talking, not just stop talking awkwardly when i have nothing to say. Sometimes, i just cut the phone when i don't have anything to say and let you assume i have network issues. When am travelling, i want to be able to talk to the person beside me, and not just be on my phone all the time. And talking to boys is even a no go area for me. I don't want to be an introvert. I will need people sooner or later...
;Dyou are you my sister. Each time I travel as much as I feel like chatting with the next passenger I realise I just cnt, no matter how I try
Even when I do its just a short convo
Youcant change yourself

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
kemiola89:

I don't keep much friends and the few ones in my life are the true definition of friends, they understand me perfectly. We could go on for months without communicating but when we eventually 'd see, we'd relate like we've never been apart and yet we stay miles apart, distance has never been a barrier in our relationship. Those are the kind of friends I keep!
I have friends like yours too. These new ones just dnt wanna understand
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
#Sobing. Took a public lecture and made serious deliterous irrevocable grammatical blunders, and to think project defence is fast approaching.. Chai na me be this? @Everybody, we need to do something before something do us.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
Olarewajub:
#Sobing. Took a public lecture and made serious deliterous irrevocable grammatical blunders, and to think project defence is fast approaching.. Chai na me be this? @Everybody, we need to do something before something do us.
grin grin grin
Even at that you are still steps ahead of so many peepz! It takes a courageous, bold and confidence person to pick up a mic and address a hall filled with people. Don't worry too much about the grammatical blunders, there's a probability that people didn't notice the error but you did due to self-consciousness... you'd get better at it in no time.

I wish I had that much courage! cheesy Working on mine too.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 3:43am On Apr 16, 2015
kemiola89:
grin grin grin
Even at that you are still steps ahead of so many peepz! It takes a courageous, bold and confidence person to pick up a mic and address a hall filled with people. Don't worry too much about the grammatical blunders, there's a probability that people didn't notice the error but you did due to self-consciousness... you'd get better at it in no time.

I wish I had that much courage! cheesy Working on mine too.
Thanks for the word of encouragement. Its only going to get better.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 3:45am On Apr 16, 2015
classicB:

;Dyou are you my sister. Each time I travel as much as I feel like chatting with the next passenger I realise I just cnt, no matter how I try
Even when I do its just a short convo
You cant change yourself
Did you just say it is impossible to initiate a conversation as an introvert?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hurray! Made my second public appearance (public speaking) and it was okay, at least better than that of Wednesday.
kemiola89:
grin grin grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
Olarewajub:
Hurray! Made my second public appearance (public speaking) and it was okay, at least better than that of Wednesday.
OK, now you make the jealous wink I haven't even make one public appearance grin I knew you'd eventually get better at it... I'm taking this as a challenge, time to go face the world cool
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
kemiola89:

OK, now you make the jealous wink I haven't even make one public appearance grin I knew you'd eventually get better at it... I'm taking this as a challenge, time to go face the world cool
You better do o. I had to join the ushering department in my church to build my self esteem, now i can stand in the front of the church without any itch. Its a process.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2015
Olarewajub:
You better do o. I had to join the ushering department in my church to build my self esteem, now i can stand in the front of the church without any itch. Its a process.
Will do. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:17am On Apr 20, 2015
The act of public speaking coming up soon....
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shorexng: 7:28am On Apr 20, 2015
No doubt it may be quite difficult living as an introvert in an 'extrovertic' society like ours but I see autistic individuals have the greater challenge and most times we're just categorised as introverts.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bringbackdgirls: 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
classicB:

I have friends like yours too. These new ones just dnt wanna understand
then ignore them if they dnt wanna understand. Its beta u hav few frnds dt wil mak u hapy dn many frnds dt wil mak u angry due to dia ignorance. Up til date i only hav one frnd and its beta dn havin 20 useles ones
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 30, 2015
gloriaz:

Same here!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
#SayingNoToShyness.
1. Try to be friendly to those around you and always put on that amazing smile when you exchange pleasantries with others. By the time you are able to interact with individuals effectively, you can then move to addressing a clique before attempting to address a public.
If for example you're to give a speech in your school fellowship meeting, you gotta first of all know your materials very well because you might end up saying only 65% of the things you intend saying and that's the reason you must be overly prepare.
Do you know it is important to practice your speech on the podium you'll be using for your presentation? It does really help.
Happy Sunday... More coming...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:29am On Jun 16, 2015
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 8:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
Never knew a thread like this exists embarassed really nice to know there are people like me and I'm not weird afterall...was beginning to think being able to stay alone at home for weeks makes me a zombie cry

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 8:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
Olarewajub:

Errr...yours was just grammatical blunders made(preferable if you ask me) smiley mine, I totally forgot my lines and was just staring at the crowd like someone who had just experienced electric shock...thank God for my co-host who bailed me out that day cry
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dottune(m): 8:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
I'm New Here:

I'm really introverted, but I talk much amongst my friends.

I usually find it hard to talk with the girls I meet and most times some of the girlfriends I have dated, I've broken up with me because of that.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
eipreel:

Errr...yours was just grammatical blunders made(preferable if you ask me) smiley mine, I totally forgot my lines and was just staring at the crowd like someone who had just experienced electric shock...thank God for my co-host who bailed me out that day cry
Lol, i can imagine how your heart will be beating. A lecture i later took was okay because i made sure i was prepared. Hope you've improved on your speech delivery mechanism? If yes, you can share with us. Practice makes perfect they say and its true.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.