Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Does God Speak To You? How? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Speak To You? How? (26329 Views)

How To Hear God Speak / Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. / Does God Speak To Humans? And How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
Yes He does. Through the eyes of my brilliant niece. The love of my parents. The love I feel in my heart and my desires to share cheers nd goodwill.
It isn't about quoting someone else justification of hearing 'His voice'. Whose to say the voice or dream was His? As a young child, I used to dream a lot, things that hadn't happened yet. It wasn't all good... dreamt of a stolen car and of a death too. Who is to say it was Caused by Him?

I'm my opinion, hearing Him isn't about certain voices or unexplained signs or funky dreams. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but someone whose not sure of his stand with Him can also come out and claim to have heard His voice. Not all men of God heard Him, what many heard definitely wasn't Him but the other one who had plans for them but they were too self absorbed to know it.

It's not a voice or a sign, it's in the our ability to acknowledge our life and existence. The chirps of the birds, the sounds of little children, the smell of rainfall and even the blossoming of flowers are signs enough for me. Signs that His is good and He wants me to know it everywhere I turn.

We need to stop basing our faith and believe on others. I like the comment that said you would her Him wen you stop hearing men...

3 Likes

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by kefmawin: 1:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
What a beautiful thread and contributions,

We must be careful not to "formularize" the concept of hearing from God or turn it to a rocket science.
It is possible to begin to enjoy the voice of God as real as we breath the air.

There must first be a relationship or at least basis of relationship for any communication to take place as two cannot work together except they agree (Amos 3 : 3).

This relationship commences at the point of repentance, believing and acceptance of Christ as Lord and Saviour (Acts 2 : 38, 16:31). This would lead to true salvation evidenced by life transformation that positions us as sons and daughters of God (John 1:12).

God thus becomes a father to us in that unmerited and unfathomable relationship (1John 3:1). By this we can grow to the point where hearing the voice of God is as natural as our breathing.

One of the primary ways is through the study of his word which comes alive to a quickened spirit.

There may be no hard or fast rule as every child should recognize the voice of his father.

God is ready to communicate with sincere seekers but the problem is always on our part due to our numerous and boisterous activities that hardly allow people settle down or patiently wait to listen as true sheep would (John 10:27,28).

Another point is that God would not commit himself to people who have their idols in their hearts or self conceited (Ezekiel 14:3) . He delights in those who are sincere (John 4:24 ; Jeremiah 29 :13 ).

Cheers

www.thefaithcontenders.org

2 Likes

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
Yes my God speaks to me.

She is that still small voice within me.

Anytime I am quiet I hear her speak to me.

When she speaks, I don't listen, she leaves me.
When I am ready to listen, she is there for me.

Some people call her 'conscience'... I call her God'.

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by joesh94: 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
God does speak , even today , we've heard of great miracles and deliverance of God, he speaks tru his word and he bears witness with our spirit ,1 tru his infallible word, we know God's heart , e.g i want to marry a second wife , is it what the word says , if such thought comes its not God's .. Most of the time people prefer Men's word to God's wordd becos they dont take time to read the bible and let God speak to them , even if we dream it must match with God's inspired word(the bible) thats how we hear him speak ... 2.Tru withness of the Spirit , this is more advanced , for this level one must give total submission to God, that's why Apostle paul's epistles are expository Gal.2;20 pls read it on your own , paul submitted his will to God and that is why God speaks to him , as a christian ,the flesh needs to be crucified ,so as to experience God ministration, many at time i go to search vital christian issues on the net, but the holy spirit will constantly tell me to go to the bible , That it is a more sure word of prophecy , the witness with the spirit still have to be weighed by the word of God , the berean chistians searched the scriptures , to know if paul was true .... The key to hearing from God is tru the Bible , submitting to God and allow the holy spirit have his way, by this we will not be tossed to and fro by doctrines of men or false visions or propehcy..
God bless .
Oricha Josiah
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by manchesterboy: 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2014
Brother shdemidemi I think you really need spiritual help. God is the father of those that believe in his son Jesus Christ and he speaks to us using any method he chooses. This your argument will not help you. I advise you to open your mind like the Berean Christians and listen to what other people are saying about hearing from God. I tell you that God has spoken to me personally with audible voice more than once. I don't know your church but don't think you know it all. Listen to other people and learn from them. Remember Rom 8:14. As many as are led by the spirit of God they are the sons of God. The Holy Spirit lead christians by speaking to them through various means and audible voice is one of them. I beg you stop confusing baby christians here. You are really doing a big disservice to God by your posting here and he may punish you for this unless you repent. The Bible is one of the medium that God uses in speaking to his children but that's not all. However whatever God tells his children using any method he chooses must be in one accord with the bible. Are you saying that if a child of God is about to board a flight that is to crash that God cannot tell him son don't board that flight? I advise you to get close to God in faith by spending long time in studying his word and praying and stop doubting, God will start speaking to you as he does to many of us. I wish u success in jesus name.

Your brother in Christ,
From Manchester

3 Likes

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by shumuel(m): 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
Tgirl, Yes God speaks, all the time, to Me, to You, to everyone. You just have to listen carefully to know, God is not man that he should speak as man, he is a Spiritual being and therefore would speak in the spiritual, if you r looking for a group of people or someone God spoke to and people around heard it then i wish U luck cos u will neva find, not in a thousand years to come except u travel back in time to Bibilical age when there was less sinners on earth, wen God spoke & many heard but in this sinful generation, its an impossible thing tanks to SIN.

If God has Spoken to me ?
How do God speaks ?

Yes he has but i need to tell you its not only God that speaks, we have the Holy Ghost/Spirit, Angels and yes the Devil. They all speak to us in different ways using, mediums like; Dreams, Trance, Bible, visions e.t.c. And people like; Pastors(Spiritual leaders), Prophet/ess, Parents, friends, neighbors e.t.c. And God uses these means to deliver his messages to us at anytime and place, You just have to listen well to know what he is saying and to also build yourself up in the spiritual ways to be able to hear and translate correctly.

Have had countless encounters that its still unbelieveable to me till date, have even douted many times but only asked for a sign to know if its truely God speaking and i got/see them but sometimes and told(angrly) dat dre would b no sign to prove anytin dat i sould by den b able to know which is which 'dat is- if its God or not'.

Bible backing.
I would not cot any Bible verse to back and prove myself because its not needed, many had but you still dnt bliv, all i will tell you is to Believe and you will hear or 'see' which is d case sometime. Many 'Men of God' have use it to trick believers so to believe (in/on) them or to dupe them(members), this is why many dnt believe in it(hearing God) but i tell you its real and in most cases its not anytin special or over spiritual, it just comes to you when you needed the answer to that troubling question/matter and you just cant find d ans on ur own or wen God need U to do sometin for him/someone. Its really a vast tin to explain, so i hope you have a change of heart and believe, that Truelly God speaks, cos i noticed U ddnt believe any1 and dd not accept their explanations.
May God Bless you with His words and Open your Heart, ears and Eyes so you Behold his Beauty and Words.

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Shyluck(m): 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
God speaks esp to his prophets and satan speaks esp to his witches.
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Weah96: 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
LaRoyalHighness:

Really?
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 3:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
Yep
Weah96:

Really?
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Shyluck(m): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
Weah96:

Non believers dream too, some with astonishing accuracy. Back in medieval times, you woulda been burned at the stake for practicing sorcery.
chill! this guy is better than 98% of our pastors.Why?cos he's not a witch or so I think.
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by koyyess: 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
DrummaBoy: T-Mama, pls forgive my pasting this without much scriptural quotes. My bible softwares packed up and I am yet to download a new one.

When I became a Christian, I was continually intrigued by the "God told me" talk all around me. I begged God to speak to me too but... no show. One day I read a book by one practically unknown Anglican priest and after he explained how God speaks, I realized I had been hearing him all along and I didn't know it!

Hebrew1:1-2 - God had spoken to us through the prophets but today he speaks through his Son (paraphrase).

God speaks primarily through the bible. Christians are encouraged to read the bible and read it voraciously, as you do the capacity to hear God increases. Example: I marvel at how my baby can tell my voice or his mother's in a crowded room even after being away from him all day. He had spent time with us and could discern our voice.

Now practically. When the Christian knows the bible and has learnt to commit his ways to God, he begins to learn to make decision from a sanctified mind set, that is God leading him. Example: there is the option to begin an office romance or to work on an ailing marriage. Of course God is speaking to him to work on his marriage. Then comes the very rare one: the believer in prayer, in meditation, in reading the Word or by observing life events, a thought drops in his heart and he is certain it was not from his mind. He ruminates on the thought. He finds it deeply scriptural. He takes steps in that direction, it yields divine results: he realizes God had spoken to him. Example: God told Jeremiah to buy land in Israel that had gone to captivity, saying his nephew will come to offer it to him. When it happened, Jeremiah said now he knew God has spoken to him (Jeremiah 32:8b).

Hearing God is mostly By faith. The Christian will just believe that this is God speaking. Unfortunately, sometimes we make mistakes and that is why we should never say "God told me" it rather safe to say "I felt an impression". This is necessary so that what we claim to hear from God is not equated to the bible. What we hear is fallible. The bible is infallible. Whatever any man said God said, the bible has higher authority than it.

Recently a brother taught us the meaning of the words RHEMA and LOGOS. Many consider rhema as God speaking to us through scripture in the now. while logos is just the letter. In that study, we discovered this is untrue. Rhema and logos are synonyms and are used interchangeably for "word" in Greek (link to my thread in this: discovered its lost to Seun data loss). The implication is that God is not saying anything outside what he has said in the bible. When Christians read scripture and develop sanctified mindsets, the decisions they make in life will be by Gods leading. It will be as if God is speaking to them literally, everyday.

Finally, there is a great abuse of this concept of God speaking especially in charismatic circle. Even though God speaks, God is not talkative. So all this "God said..."; "Daddy said..." things are mostly errors and crafted to deceive the simple mind.

Get into the bible and hear God speak loudly to you. A brother will say to us "if you want to hear God speak, read the bible. If you want to hear God speak loudly to you, read the bible out loud"!

God bless you all.
Exactly! Thanks for saying the truth. People should stop deceiving or allow themselves to be deceived. The Bible contains all of God's word that we need. Most people disregard the commandments in the Bible but have the guts to use the 'God spoke to me' phrase. If you hear voices, it's either you are possessed or need psychiatric help.

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Busybody2(f): 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
ayobase:

...my question is this, some people do hear from God audibly like when talking with a friend.......I wanna believe this is one of the effective ways God can deliver one from a die-minute impending danger.

how do one attain this level of relationship with God, provided one has fulfilled the aforementioned methods?

Feel free to come in here. Thread was long but was lost during the NL crash...
https://www.nairaland.com/1794213/seeking-face-god-journey
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by answerme(f): 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
I know God speaks to his children differently and have been trying to understand how God speaks specifically to me. I am not sure I have been able to conclusively know how but these are my experiences.

When I am trusting God for something, suddenly a scripture I had always read will suddenly be illuminated, in that, I am able to understand it differently and it speaks directly to me and addresses that situation.

Another way I think I hear GOd is through inward knowing and inward peace. Let me share my situation. I am at a very crucial junction in my life and need to make a serious decision within t he next 6 days. I have always been praying...one of the options is to follow the "band wagon" and do what everyone else does (they are Christians also) or do the right thing and wait patiently for God. I have to mention that the first option is considered as acting out your faith but deep in my mind I know how God deals with me all my life.

I am under immense pressure both external and internal to do what everyone does and explain it away. I have continued to pray for God's guidance and direction. Each time I consider this "popular" option, I lose my peace completely. And when I decide to stick to the harder and longer option I have peace.

Question
In this case, is it God speaking to my conscience or spirit?
Is this a sign of God speaking?

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by poshest(f): 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
I hear from God and that is one strong gift I have. its sweet to hear from the Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by seuncyrus(m): 6:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
thegoodone2: it started when i was 12 years.then i can say am d boy who see tomr.when i was 18 years i started hear voice. now my wife said i belong to ........or may be my father has give me something when i was small. if i tell her anything it always come to pass. some time it come through dream and voice.
what is this one sayin
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Busybody2(f): 6:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
Tgirl4real:

Lol

Iya big bumper

N'gbati you were ignoring me nko cheesy

If you believe something as preposterous as the word becoming flesh to dwell amongst men, If you believe Christ and His crucification (the Christian's testimony), and you believe Jesus is coming back in the flesh, why do you find it hard to believe God still speaks audibly...

Job 33:15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumbering upon the bed: then openeth the ears of men and sealeth their INSTRUCTIONS...

I have audibly heard from God many times by way of severe chastisement...I was just an occasional benchwarmer in Church at that time and a scoffer...you know my story...how I am this independent man in a woman's skin who don't need a husband, and vehemently baulks at the idea of getting married because to me marriage is an impediment to my free spirit...then got my children and discarded the men like chewing gum stuck to the sole of my shoe without any concern that I was trampling on his spirit...as far as I was concerned, I had ticked all the boxes on my list and was just blissfully merrily waltzing around, happy with my lifestyle choice and the freedom that came with it...well God had to step in to pull me up by by bootstraps...and of course I rebelled for a long time...
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Busybody2(f): 6:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
SirAweezy: He speaks to me through visions, trans, and words of Wisdom.. He allow me see through my tongues(I can Intreprete). And aslo he talks to me through Nature, the tree, winds, and deep moment of silence). Guess what... I'm still finding it difficult to be faithful To him... Social life is very interesting, and wouldn't want be a pastor.. But I see him most times when he smiles at me and just shook his head slowly... So many incredible revelations but I prefer to be Solo..(Don't know for. How long. Sha)

I know and can relate to this post 100%...and for me I tried to dodge envisaging the sweat, hardwork and sacrifice this would entail...but then when the potter comes a-calling, what can the clay do, but thankfully its all by His grace and His yoke is light cool...so hopefully i wouldn't have to lift a finger tongue embarassed
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by ayobase(m): 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
Busybody2:

Feel free to come in here. Thread was long but was lost during the NL crash...
https://www.nairaland.com/1794213/seeking-face-god-journey

thanks
never knew u are this religious/spiritual
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2014
malvisguy212: I will just give you the detail.I don't go to church when all this happen to me, I don't even care about heaven or hell when I had this dream, the first one was in a desert, some people want to convert me to there religion when the face apper on the sky and save me.
The second happen when my friend say somtin bad about the same religion, they wanted to kill him, but when I pleaded for him, they hold me tight, sharpen there knife and wanted to kill me, all of a sudden a lamb apper from no were enter in between my legs, carry me away. The lamb was jesus. Thank you.

That sounds awfully familiar... undecided
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
RedClay:

Lol, grin grin

#Frowns and shakes head.

It's cause for concern smiley
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
Tgirl4real: Good morning everyone.

It's been a while I did this. Lol

I saw this thread this morning (https://www.nairaland.com/1831971/how-pastors-hear-voice-god#25024510 ) and I thought to start a discussion on <b>"Hearing the Voice of God".</b>

A lot of havoc has been caused in christiandom, homes, marriages, businesses and even in individual lives because of this short phrase "thus sayeth the Lord" or "the Lord spoke to me".

If you claim to have heard from God before or you do hear from him constantly, could you please explain to us:

- how to identify the voice of God

- how does the voice of God sound?

- do you have examples similar to your experience in scriptures?

- do you have witnesses who could testify to have heard God's voice when he spoke to you like Saul on the way to Damascus in Acts 9.

- what is the purpose of His speaking to you today?

- what is the place of God's word - Holy scriptures in the lives of believers today?

Kindly provide answers with enough scriptural backing.

Thank you. cheesy

Why do I get the urge to quote this:

"When we talk to God, we're praying. When God talks to us, we're schizophrenic."

- Jane Wagner

2 Likes

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
Interesting thread and views, i took my time to read all through the comments here.

For one i don't quite agree with professing christians here that God ONLY speaks through his word.

If we are to follow the bible and throw away our prejudice and erroneous insinuations that the Holy Spirit left when the apostles died, we should know that God can speak to believers today through:

1. Spiritual discernment ( 1 corinthians 2:14).

2. Revelations ( 1 corinthians 14:6).

3. Visions (2 corinthians 12:1), i don't share the belief that this is the exclusive right of Paul afterall he was only human.Even Peter had this previledge to know the unfolding plans of God in Acts 10:9-17.

The truth is any one that claims he had a vision or revelation, a psalm,hymns or spiritual songs from God should be proved through God's word the bible, If it doesn't measure up it should be quickly discarded.

When John wesely wrote the hymns we sing today it wasn't as if the bible wasn't there. The hymns were inspired by the Holy Spirit and very much in line with what scripture said..so you see God not only Speak to vessels today, He speaks through them.

I was in a meeting where God gave me a prophetic message for a woman who all her years have spent time, energy and money looking for a child because she was childless. Her last resort was to turn to God, she never told me her problems, it was while we were worshiping and praising God that the word of the Lord came. It was just a knowing in my spirit that God wanted to speak to someone in our midst, i yielded and God spoke through me in tongues and the intepretation also came. It was spontaneous, it was never arranged and that is the way God speaks to His people.

Doubters like thomases could choose to take it with a pinch of salt for all i care.

If you check through scriptures, prophecies do not come because men willed it, holy men spoke as they were MOVED by the Holy Spirit.

The same Holy Spirit spoke by the mouth of David( Acts 1:16).

The same Holy Spirit spoke through Jesus and the Apostles of old.

And it is the SAME HOLY SPIRIT that is speaking to His Church, the problem is with men's private interpretations never God.

MANY christians even after the death of the apostles have cast demons out of people, worked miracles, received baptism of the Holy Spirit with speaking in tongues, laid hands on the sick and seen them recover, operated with spiritual gifts, and raised the dead SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED THE WORD OF GOD and put it to work in their lives.

For the doubters on this forum Jesus pointed the way forward when He said "If any man will do his (God's) will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether i speak of myself" ( John 7:17). God has indeed spoken to us by His Son in these last days..

If an unbeliever studied God's word, and began to put into practice in his life, belief would certainly come and He will hear God clearly and see things the way God sees it.

Shalom...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by igv2: 8:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
God is the voice will hear from the choosen ones and what will read in the bible gives the utterance of What God says, if we read a place in the bible and the place change life for better and it will be the voice of God that you hear; all scripture is profitable for doctrine, correction, reproof and instruct in righteous this is God's voice.

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by mcfynest(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: Yes my God speaks to me.

She is that still small voice within me.

Anytime I am quiet I hear her speak to me.

When she speaks, I don't listen, she leaves me.
When I am ready to listen, she is there for me.

What religion do you profess to believe in
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by mcfynest(m): 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
Bidam: Interesting thread and views, i took my time to read all through the comments here.

For one i don't quite agree with professing christians here that God ONLY speaks through his word.

If we are to follow the bible and throw away our prejudice and erroneous insinuations that the Holy Spirit left when the apostles died, we should know that God can speak to believers today through:

1. Spiritual discernment ( 1 corinthians 2:14).

2. Revelations ( 1 corinthians 14:6).

3. Visions (2 corinthians 12:1), i don't share the belief that this is the exclusive right of Paul afterall he was only human.Even Peter had this previledge to know the unfolding plans of God in Acts 10:9-17.

The truth is any one that claims he had a vision or revelation, a psalm,hymns or spiritual songs from God should be proved through God's word the bible, If it doesn't measure up it should be quickly discarded.

When John wesely wrote the hymns we sing today it wasn't as if the bible wasn't there. The hymns were inspired by the Holy Spirit and very much in line with what scripture said..so you see God not only Speak to vessels today, He speaks through them.

I was in a meeting where God gave me a prophetic message for a woman who all her years have spent time, energy and money looking for a child because she was childless. Her last resort was to turn to God, she never told me her problems, it was while we were worshiping and praising God that the word of the Lord came. It was just a knowing in my spirit that God wanted to speak to someone in our midst, i yielded and God spoke through me in tongues and the intepretation also came. It was spontaneous, it was never arranged and that is the way God speaks to His people.

Doubters like thomases could choose to take it with a pinch of salt for all i care.

If you check through scriptures, prophecies do not come because men willed it, holy men spoke as they were MOVED by the Holy Spirit.

The same Holy Spirit spoke by the mouth of David( Acts 1:16).

The same Holy Spirit spoke through Jesus and the Apostles of old.

And it is the SAME HOLY SPIRIT that is speaking to His Church, the problem is with men's private interpretations never God.

MANY christians even after the death of the apostles have cast demons out of people, worked miracles, received baptism of the Holy Spirit with speaking in tongues, laid hands on the sick and seen them recover, operated with spiritual gifts, and raised the dead SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED THE WORD OF GOD and put it to work in their lives.

For the doubters on this forum Jesus pointed the way forward when He said "If any man will do his (God's) will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether i speak of myself" ( John 7:17). God has indeed spoken to us by His Son in these last days..

If an unbeliever studied God's word, and began to put into practice in his life, belief would certainly come and He will hear God clearly and see things the way God sees it.

Shalom...

@ d first bold, please what do you understand by the word prophesy? And the second bold, please i am curios to know what you mean by tongues and its interpretations.
Thanks
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by fredfella(m): 11:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
God told me is 21st century penticostal scam that has no basis in the bible
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=mcfynest]

@ d first bold, please what do you understand by the word prophesy?
The statement you highlighted didn't mention the word prophesy but i will obliged you. prophecy in scripture is in two folds: foretelling and forth telling.

Strong's Concordance
prophéteuó: to foretell, tell forth, prophesy
Original Word: προφητεύω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: prophéteuó
Phonetic Spelling: (prof-ate-yoo'-o)
Short Definition: I foretell, prophesy
Definition: I foretell, prophesy; I set forth matter of divine teaching by special faculty.

Let me show you what Wikipedia had to say on this matter.

In the New Testament, prophecy is referred to as one of the Spiritual gifts given by the indwelling Holy Spirit. From this, many Christians believe that the gift of prophecy is the supernatural ability to receive and convey a message from God. The purpose of the message may be to "edify, exhort and comfort" the members of the Church. In this context, not all prophecies contain predictions about the future. The Apostle Paul also teaches in First Corinthians that prophecy is for the benefit of the whole Church and not just the individual exercising the gift.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy

The gift of tongue and the interpretation i delivered in the prayer meeting was a message from the lord to someone, it was both foretelling and forth-telling. I wasn't even the leader of the prayer meeting. It actually confirmed what Paul wrote to the Corinthians.Since the tongue came with interpretation we can say i prophesied. I didn't fake it since i wasn't even prepared for it, infact it took the leader to say God wanted to speak and we should be silent before Him,before i felt a stirring in my spirit. So it is in line with the order Paul was telling the Corinthians to show whenever the gather together.

I am not saying it should be a daily affair whenever christians gather. God can choose to speak and He can choose to be silent. It is at His will not ours. People get into all kinds of problems whenever they try to generate or manufacture such experience giving heed to familiar and seducing spirits and that is what other professing Christians are against but saying this experience has died with the early church is falsehood.

Let me also add that i am not in sync with so called prophecies done in modern churches today where a so called man of God will start dishing out prophecies that will gratify ego and self. Personal prophecy should be tied and aligned with God purpose for your life. I discover from experience that God does not always give you the full picture of things, it takes a daily consistent and faithful walk with Him to unfold what He wants you to do on earth. Prophecy is never meant to satisfy your fleshy and carnal desires, it always brings you out of your comfort zone.

And the second bold, please i am curios to know what you mean by tongues and its interpretations.
Thanks
I already addressed this but for more, you can check my topics on the Holy Spirit and His gifts. Or you can go on a personal study on the book of 1 Corinthians 12-14.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by thegoodone2(m): 11:09am On Aug 02, 2014
Olumurphy:

Can you please explain what God told you about Gej? don't bother whether people are ready to believe you or not, just prove the work of God.
GEJ will win 2015 election but violence will happen after election that will make militry to take over.let us pray to avert it.
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by fightforchange1(f): 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2014
Tgirl4real: Good morning everyone.

It's been a while I did this. Lol

I saw this thread this morning (https://www.nairaland.com/1831971/how-pastors-hear-voice-god#25024510 ) and I thought to start a discussion on <b>"Hearing the Voice of God".</b>

A lot of havoc has been caused in christiandom, homes, marriages, businesses and even in individual lives because of this short phrase "thus sayeth the Lord" or "the Lord spoke to me".

If you claim to have heard from God before or you do hear from him constantly, could you please explain to us:

- how to identify the voice of God

- how does the voice of God sound?

- do you have examples similar to your experience in scriptures?

- do you have witnesses who could testify to have heard God's voice when he spoke to you like Saul on the way to Damascus in Acts 9.

- what is the purpose of His speaking to you today?

- what is the place of God's word - Holy scriptures in the lives of believers today?

Kindly provide answers with enough scriptural backing.

Thank you. cheesy

I say speak to me manifestations....
circumstances.....different scenarios......death bereavement....joy pain sorrow ......triumph...happiness....truth.
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by fightforchange1(f): 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
fightforchange1:

I say speak to me manifestations....
circumstances.....different scenarios......death bereavement....joy pain sorrow ......triumph...happiness....truth.
friends..family....lovers...dance....
relationships...kids...mothers..I believe God created.all to send.message to us.
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Infoay: 7:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
Still calm voice
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by F117A: 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
All i see are people justifying their powerlesness.
Elijah was a man of like passions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Impregnating Your Wife Is A Sin, Ask God For Forgiveness — Preacher Says / Apostle Suleman "Heals" Lady Who Got Blind During NYSC In Kwara (Pics, Video) / The Meaning Of I Will Prepare A table Before You In The Presence Of Your Enemies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.